Dralcax

The Cannon Assault Turret is the latest in ion weapon technology. Two large ion cannons combined with a state of the art Mark VI AI quad-core processor make for a deadly war machine that can easily be mass produced. The C.A.T. is also equipped with electromagnetic shielding and quantum levitation generators. The commander would like to remind all troops to please refrain from sympathizing with the Cannon Assault Turret. Also, whoever keeps putting Hello Kitty stickers on its armor plating, just stop.

photo_dec_01__4_30_11_pm.jpg_thumb.jpgphoto_dec_01__4_30_52_pm.jpg_thumb.jpgphoto_dec_01__4_32_08_pm.jpg_thumb.jpgphoto_dec_01__4_33_12_pm.jpg_thumb.jpg

I figured that printed round tile from the old Star Wars sets would look pretty nice as a robot eye, so I went from that. I originally wanted to add legs rather than a base, but I couldn't find a configuration that I liked that would also be stable enough so as to not tip forwards while wielding the cannons. A similar issue happened with the shoulder joints, it was quite a struggle to get them stable enough in order to be poseable. I still like the look of it, though, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png