Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC- Dorgath - Ta-Koro

Dorgath was probably the only matoran in Ta-Koro who was filled with uncontrollable joy. The Turaga is dead! The wicked Turaga is dead! All hail the darkness! The wicked Turaga is dead! Death to tyrants! A just reward! We are free!

Okay, that last part wasn't true. Dorgath knew that the Turaga's filthy, complex lies had wormed their way into the hearts and minds of the Matoran, corrupting their word view. Jaller was their new leader, a matoran, but shared Vakama's ideas and motivations. he would rule as harshly as Vakama had, and Ta-Koro would remain in it's rut of darkness and oppression.

Freedom was a hard goal, and it was hard to do what was right when everyone else thought it was wrong.

I'm a hero, Dorgath reminded himself. If Jaller might even have a seed of doubt…

Dorgath would be the man to plant that seed, and Makuta would be pleased, and even if Ta-Koro was not rebuilt and the shackles of their oppressive society shed, it might weaken the fortress to outside forces. The very thought of those rumors about Le-Koro's destruction filled Dorgath with joy. If only this mysterious army might destroy Ta-Koro…

Civilization would be reborn in from fire.

Maybe. Better reborn from peace, but no one would join me in that goal.

Dorgath's rampant thoughts of anger were focused to a point. He was going to talk to Jaller and plant that seed of doubt.

"Sir?" he asked the stoic commander. "May I speak with you?"

OOC

Hope you don't mind the interruption, Tuck. :)

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Fiera

"So YOU can get mugged on your way back? You're as wobbly as I am." I noted, Imitating reading a paper: "in other news! Two guardsmen found wasted in the middle of the koro. They are unharmed but claim to have no memories of how they got there. Neither of the guards accepted interview and the Captain's office made no official statement." I said overdramatically. "If you go, you're crashing on my couch." I said, thinking of the awkwardness that would follow if neither of us remembered the evening, which was highly likely.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"'Should get going then, so we make it sometime today." I said and made my way towards the door with the grace of an angry Kane-Ra. Then I stopped, remembering to ask for a ticket. Wait, number two. I turned back and stumbled out of the door, ready to go home. Except, which way was that? the Gafna was in a part of the village I rarely visited. "That way... I think." pointing loosely in a direction.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Fortunately I guessed it right. Once we passed a market stall I usually got breakfast at, I knew we were on my home turf. My hut was on the outside of the Koro, neighboring the wall. I was worried about unlocking the door at this state, but practice made perfect and this was hardly my first time returning home wasted. Still, it took three attempts. "I blame Makuta for creating that drink." I mumbled as the door finally swung open. "There." I pointed to the couch, "Make yourself at home, but if you use my toothbrush, I'm tossing you over the walls into the lava." I joked, putting my stuff on a nearby shelf, over which hung my bow. I took it off gently and passed it to Erif. "I call it the Widowmaker." I said with smug smile. the bow was almost as tall as me, which was more than most other matoran. It was made out of black material I didn't even pretend to know, all I knew was it took a lot of strength to bend it. The bow itself was lacked any decoration, being pure functionality. there were only small recesses for fingers and a small thorn for aiming.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC: actually, yes, I do... for once. Sorry. Try again later? :P

IC

"Sir?" a matoran asked the stoic commander. "May I speak with you?"

Jaller turned, his train of thought completely not interrupted. "Hm? Oh, I'm afraid not. There are many arrangements I must see to to make the transfer of power as seamless as possible. I will not be available for a while; if you need something talk to one of the Guard officers."

And with that Jaller was gone under the swish and flurry of his ceremonial shoulder-cape.

With a long exhale Jaller breathed out, looking about the hut that just the other day belonged to Turaga Vakama. He was now dead, which meant that he as the new leader would inherit this place. From this place he would both work and live, and already that was happening. Up until the ceremony the Guard had been hard at work cleaning up the place to be presentable, removing the old and damaged furniture, cleaning up the blood and Parakuka parts, making repairs where needed. The hut was now sparse, ready for new ownership... for him. It didn't feel right, but that's how life worked. He didn't have much of a choice either; already his old office in the tower was being remodeled, re-sized for a toa instead of a matoran. While he was unsure whether or not a promotion would be in order, Tuara was now taking over many of his responsibilities, and therefore would need an office space to work out of - his old office space. Times were changing.

Why did you have to go now?!

Jaller thumbed the amulet Vakama had given him, mulling over the significance it held. It was a curious object, and under normal circumstances quite useless; Jaller had never seen the old one wear it, let alone signify that it had any importance. If anything his old Firestaff was a better symbol of leadership than this red rock, but this thing was apparently the key to the kingdom... he raised it up in the air to take a better look at it, and only now noticed that it wasn't completely clear; there were some blemishes, imperfections with the crystal, almost as if-

His heartlight skipped a beat. As if someone had heated up this semi-precious stone... heated imperfections that looked like etches.

Etches that looked like writing.

Running to the window he held it up to the light, watching the far wall light up with strange squiggles and symbols that looked almost familiar...

No, wrong angle.

Closing all the shades he pulled out a small table and placed a candle on it, lighting it and then placing the amulet over the flickering flame concave-side down. Every wall lit up with matoran symbols, entire volumes of knowledge preserved in this stone, etched into the very heart by Vakama himself with his own limited fire abilities. Jaller gazed around in wonder, finally understanding why he had received this: the passing on of knowledge. But there was one section that caught his eye, a part of the message that seemed less constructed than the rest, as if hastily rushed. Cocking his head he began to read the illuminated words with expanding awe.

Dear Jaller,

For what you are about to read is of utmost importance. As much knowledge as there is in this amulet, it will be for naught if those that stand against him are unsuccessful; you must ensure that the Wanderer's Company succeed on their mission, as well as those that assist them. That said, there is an even greater task before you, one that I entrust to you and you alone - I know the identity of the assassins that are destined to kill us, and if you are reading this now you already have witnessed their handiwork and our passing. What I am about to tell you will explain much, and once you are done reading you must act swiftly, for there is not much time. So prepare yourself Jaller, for one last tale from your Turaga...

Jaller continued to read the script, eyes wide as saucers.

OOC: dun dun DUUNNNNNN!

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I looked to the ground sadly, sitting down on one of the chairs at my table. "It was a long, LONG time ago. One of my first missions outside the wall. We were sent to capture a skakdi weapons smuggler. Easier said than done. Our unit was ten fully armed guards and some bright lightstone put me in charge, for the first and last time. Only two of us returned. The skakdi mowed us down like grass with some kind of gun." I said, shaking my head as I saw it like it was happening now. "He was never captured. I was down and the other survivor had his hands full getting us back alive. But we made him flee and leave the contraband on the shore at least. That bow is a loot from there. I never took command again." I explained. "I am still waiting for him to pop up at the shore, so I can take him out. Eight souls can't rest in peace until I do, and their blood is on my hands." I growled as drunken anger enveloped me.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Well, I don't think he's ever showing up again. Truth to be told, he's probably dead. If I were an evil overlord, I wouldn't take kindly if I paid for weapons and did not receive them." I shrugged, but my fist slammed against the table. "But that won't make me stop from looking for him." I explained and got up, ready to call it a night. "Thanks for the offer though. I sure wouldn't mind serving with you, but that's not up to me." I said, turning around halfway to my bedroom. "If you need anything, ask now, i doubt i'll be awake for long. If not, good night."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I didn't sleep well. Talking about the past only brought it back as a dream. Lifeless bodies falling to the ground, the skakdi's wicked grin, being dragged back to the infirmary, the disappointment in my father's eyes... It all happened again, and I found myself unable to wake up until it ended. when I woke up, drops of sweat were rolling down my face. I shook my head and regretted it immediately, as it felt like thousands of little needles were working their way inside my head. I put the pillow over my head to muffle my pained cry.

I slowly got up, head pounding. My head was blank. I took a look around my spartan house. There wasn't much, and the little taht was there was pure functionality. My bed was flat stone block with a rug on it, just as I liked it. I never understood the others with their mushy mattresses. They ruined your back. The furniture was nothing fancy - just wood with occasional metal for the stove and bathroom. At least it was easily maintained and replaced. I took a few steps and walked to the living room/kitchen, noticing something was amiss. First of all, my bow was gone, and second, there was another person in the room I didn't remember putting there. In a second, I had the spear in my hand, slowly approaching the couch.

To my relief, I recognized the sleeping husk to be Erif. Slowly, something came back. Coming to the gate, then the funeral, then entering the Gafna. The rest was a big blur.I smiled at that - must have been quite an evening. Slowly shuffling towards the kitchen part, I let go of the weapon and put a kettle on the stove, making two cups of tea with pain killing herbs.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC

It is all due to Turaga Onewa

Yes, the rock-headed, ever-skeptical, Great Referee himself, is the one to thank for this information. It was not Nuju who prophesied, nor myself who could determine out of current knowledge, nor even Nokama with all her wisdom. No, it was Onewa. For he was the one during our imprisonment who stumbled across this information, he was the one who learned of it. It was because he was the only one willing to look within himself, look past his approach and instead of being repulsed by his new companion, embraced him. Learn from him, work with his parasite to achieve a symbiotic relationship, something the rest of us could not, would not do. And it is through his relationship with his Parakuka that he found this out.

In this light Onewa is truly the greatest of all the Turaga, something that I have finally come to realize. I shall explain.

It is well-known that the Master of Shadows retains complete control over his minions, despite the apparent visage of free will. No, he sees what they see, hear what they hear, feel what they fell, and most importantly, know what they think. He maintains a link, a telekinetic presence within their mind at all times, which is why he is able to control his vast armies with such infinite precision: they hear his very thoughts no matter what the distance. The very few that have succeeded in having their Infected Masks removed have all told similar tales, one of a dark presence filling and overtaking their minds, their bodies no longer theirs, able to catch glimpses of a mind much broader and greater than their own. It is the same with Makuta's sons - the Rahkshi. Derived and created from his very essence they have an even greater empathetic and telekinetic link with their master, thoughts and sensations flowing more freely than those with mere infected masks. It is with this basis that one can begin to understand the Parakuka; they are a variation of the Kraata slugs, only with more malicious intent. Instead of the slugs becoming animals in their own right they latch on and turn their unwilling host into an animal, a rampaging beast to serve the Master of Shadows however he so wills. A slow corruption. A one-sided battle of wills as the body slowly concedes to the poison, the craving, the addiction that turns them into a monster. Yet it was Onewa who decided to see past that, to see the kernel of intelligence and sapience within the Parakuka, and work with it so that both may benefit, learning that without a host the parasite will die despite its destructive nature.

And it is here, Jaller, that I consider Onewa to be the bravest soul among us.

He could have simply made his peace with the creature. He could have come to that point and stopped. But somewhere in that process Onewa discovered something. Discovered the mental link between the Makuta and his creations. A back-door to the Master of Shadows and his mind. A way to glean information, gather intelligence, in a way so unforeseen and unpredictable that, if he was careful, the Makuta would not even notice his presence.

And thus as Onwea worked with his Parakuka in that pit, that dungeon, that torture chamber we called home for too long, Onewa played cat-and-mouse with the greatest mind on the island. And won.

The Makuta does not know.

Onewa once and for all proved that he is not omniscient; things can indeed be hidden from the Master of Shadows. He also proved however that the Makuta knows nearly all, his shadows reaching into every crevasse and dark place. He knows of Stannis. He knows of the Wanderer's Company and their mission. He knows of Joske's transformation and for some reason been watching his actions very closely. He knows of everything we thought he didn't know, and more. He keep a close eye on his minions, and an even closer one on his enemies. Even those select few he called "allies" he has spies in their own ranks, using the shadows to listen on on their every conversation. This is how we learned of our fate, how we were to be disposed of shortly after our rescue, how the Makuta decided to let this happen, using this to his own ends. Using our deaths to sow more Anger, more Fear, more distrust and anxiety among the matoran and further weaken our already strained virtues. Yet in his arrogance is our chance, for he does not know that WE know. Onewa played a dangerous game, and came out the victor.

There is so much more I wish I could tell you, my dear Jaller, but time grows short. After the Toa disappeared under Kini-Nui I began to construct this for you, knowing the day would come when I would no longer be with you. By the time Heuani came for me it was ready, and I was prepared. Yet all this Onewa told me on the ship back to our Koro's, and I simply do not have the time to give you every detail on who and why did this. In thew precious few moment I have left I give you the names of our killers:

Brykon, slayer of Turaga Nuju;

Sev, slayer of Turaga Onewa;

Marfoir, slayer of Turaga Matau;

Dorian and Jin, slayers of myself;

Grokk, slayer of Turaga Nokama

Illicia, slayer of Turaga Onewa

Liacada, slayer of Turaga Whenua

My time is up; this is as much as I can say. My final request to you is be discretionary about this list - while these are who were contracted to kill us, I do not know how it will happen, or if any of us will survive. I leave it to you to determine how to best use this information, but please be careful and wise. Not only will it cause public chaos if it were revealed, not to mention a witch-hunt, but I feel as though there are greater forces at work here, and if this became known those shadows would slink away into the darkness, never to be brought out into the light again. Written about you there will be instructions and lists to help you not only see to the justice of these assassins, but also how to help the Company in their destiny; we may win this war yet. Be careful my son. May Mata-Nui watch over you... as will I.

With his arm aching Jaller sat down, mind spinning over the massive amount of information that passed before his eyes. To think that the turaga, Onewa especially, managed to fool the Makuta, learn his greatest secrets... at first he was dumbfounded. Then he was in awe. Followed by joy, then a feeling of courage, a sudden surge of optimism and gritty determination to see this battle through. For the first time in over a century we had a fighting chance, an opening to strike back, a variable given with the blood of the turaga. One final go to eliminate the darkness and all the shadows hiding on the island.

Jaller tore out of the hut, a red blur running down the streets and towards the Koro Vaults, where the best of the best gear and equipment was held. Vakama had long ago given him a key to the most secure of safes, telling him the time would come to open it, Jaller knowing when that time would be.

The time was now. Time to open the Vaults and see what Vakama had hiding within.

Those destined to fight the Makuta would not do so empty-handed. Jaller would see to that.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

"Wake up, sunshine." I smirked as Erif came to life. I passed him one of the cups, while sipping from my own carefully. "Now I don't mind you being here, not at all, but I'd like to know why that is so. Though because I don't remember, I assume it involved something highly intoxicating and fun." I smiled, warming up as the tea started to pull the needles out of my brain.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Erif held a hand to his forehead. "Something Tomar told me-" Appearing to remember, Erif rummaged in the satchel he had been carrying the day before. "I always take these with me when I anticipate a drinking contest." He pulled a bottle of herbs out of the bag, dropping one in his drink and sipping. He tossed one to Fiera. "This should get rid of the Bane related part. You're on your own for the lava drops."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zyron (Inn, Ta-Koro)

"I know where it is, thank you very much" Zyron replied, smiling a smile that could seem friendly to someone who didn't know him, but otherwise would always express slight distrust.

------------------

IC: Huaki (Inn, Ta-Koro)

"Excellent," Huaki's eyes displayed and innocent lack of understanding of Zyron's words and expression, but if one were to look deeper, a sly, sarcastic smirk could be seen beneath the layers of dimness. She smiled and bowed with the same complex level of mockery and bid them farewell, briskly heading off down the stairs and out of the inn.

OOC: Huaki to Onu-Wahi.

"I can relate," I said, taking the bow and putting it where it belonged, "No harm done." I said as i sat at the table. "I'd make you breakfast, but all i can offer are cookies. Nothing else keeps this close to the lava." I explained, nodding to the wall. It has been a problem since the day I moved in here. The warmth made fruit dry, meat rot and pastry turn into crisps. But I felt safer to have a hut to call my own, rather than rent something in more convenient place. "So if you don't mind getting up, let's go grab something fresh." I suggested, not at all in the mood for cookies.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Erif nodded. He'd dealt with the problems of a house too close to the volcano before, but he spent most of his time at the guardhouse, not really eating at his own dwelling much at all. "Sure. Sounds great. Just don't let me see Tomar. Right now I want to hurt the muaka."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Hey, it was your idea." I said, raising my hands in defense, more and more glad I didn't remember the taste of the drink the more I knew about the evening. I grabbed my shield, spear and small bag and walked out at my lazy speed, locking the door behind Erif and setting off for a small food stall nearby. the bow had to stay home. Curse that clumsy bag of wind.

"Good morning! What can I get you?" the vo-matoran behind the stall said, a little bit too loudly for my hungover ears. "'Morning. Fruit salad and sparkling water. You?" I turned to Erif, raising an eyebrow.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC: The random clumsy le-matoran that fell on her.

"Look at the menu!" the vo-matoran shrugged, pointing above herself to where the foods were listed. I dropped a few widgets on the stall, taking my food. "Heh. Last time I had someone else decide what I'll have, it turned out to be booze made at Karzahni itself." I laughed while I sat myself at one of the tables in front of the stall, where I could see the Koro slowly coming to life. "About hurting muakas, maybe if we hurry, we can get a hunting spot on the roster." I shrugged, expecting the guard to be in chaos for the next few days. If the guard was bad at something, it was change, especially since the soon to be captain wasn't present.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Oh, right." I laughed. There wasn't much coming back to me, even after whatever herb Erif had to counteract the bane. But there was one thing: "Still, nobody won. I did drink some more than you, but at the point we were it was more a matter of luck anyway." I said importantly, "And I refuse to leave this unsettled. I don't need a bow to hit a target." I said with a wink, enjoying the meal. "What's your story behind the bow? Disks not fancy enough for you?" I pried, curious all of a sudden. There was still time before we had to report.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC

No problem, Tuck.

IC - Dorgath - Ta-Koro

Dorgath scowled as Jaller casually rejected him, letting Dorgath's request slide off his gleaming, polished armor. Jaller had payed no heed to the lava farmer's words, after all, he was only a lava farmer- there were others that even looked almost identical to him. What import could his words possibly have?

Jaller, like the Turaga before him, was to pompous to hear the voice of truth. Would he even listen to Dorgath's advice? Or would he laugh it off like the Turaga?

As Dorgath walked away, he became more and more upset. When he at first had heard of Vakama's death, he had been filled with overwhelming joy. Now he was coming to realize that nothing was going to change. Jaller, his guard, and the rest of the Ta-Matoran were corrupted by Vakama's evil.

Lies were too powerful.

Dorgath looked around. If only he could clean the dirty slate of civilization, and wipe those lies clean from the world. If only he could show the truth to everyone, pull the wool from their eyes.

Sheep.

That's all they all were. Sheep. Powerless, weak, blindly following their leader. Helpless. What fools If only Dorgath lead them, then they would rise to a new height. Dorgath new the truth. He knew what the Turaga were.

He closed his eyes. Violence was the only answer. Only through fire can new civilization rise.

His hopes of influencing Jaller slipped away like water from his cupped hands, leaving only a cold, hard resolution to change things. The Island was changing- Vakama was dead, Le-Koro had been attacked, and the Kumu Islets were gone. There was still Hope.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: Visaru?

IC: Flay

Had Dorgath attended Vakama's funeral procession, he would have recognized the group that walked past him. The leader was misty eyed, but did not show it; Lava-red armor was on her body, and she looked like she could kick butt any time, any where. The other's behind her were no different, each with a different profession - Thieving, Punching, Shooting, just the right things for a versatile team.

Had Dorgath paid attention to what was being said, he would recognize Flay as the honor guard who had spoke (Possibly the longest speech spoken?) about fate, and Vakama's legacy. And if he did recognize her.....perhaps he'd feel sorry. Or angry.

Flay walked. She and her team had helped clean up Turaga Vakama's old hut. Feran had been - unfortunately - forced to handle the Parakuka and it's slimy, disgustingly bloody remains. The others had laughed, too - At least happiness was still with them even in such dire times. As Vakama had said before, it was always darkest before dawn. Hopefully, this would be true. The only problem? Flay doesn't know - and doesn't like - how dark it could become.

And so she walked towards the guard barracks. It was just about time to call it a night. And as she passed Dorgath, light reflected off her red, honorary shoulder armor into the Lava Farmer's eyes. Flay half expected him to say something, or ask about Vakama's death.

This could prove interesting.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: FeranFeran was not happy.He had been given the job of disposing the dead Parakuka's body, and it was disgusting.But it wasn't too bad. He had been curious about its abilities and his crafter's instincts had probed him to examine it closely. He still relenquished the body into the see-through block the Guards were storing it in, for research purposes.Feran looked out at Turaga Vakama's corpse. He had so wanted to meet him, and well, here he was. Gone. Forever.Feran sighed. Still, life goes on, like he had said in the speech.

I smiled at Erif's enthusiastic tone. In front of us, businesses were slowly opening and sleepy matoran were leaving their huts to go about their duties. In the morning, Ta - Koro reminded me of an anthill. Dozens or hundreds of people, all leaving their home at the same karz time, getting into each other's way. The guard in me awoke, as I started paying attention and scanning the area for pickpockets. "Look at the buggers go." I noticed, nodding towards the moving masses, "They forget so quickly. They fill the whole street, nearly stepping on others' heads just to get somewhere quicker. Heh. Makes me wanna run in there and yell 'bomb!'" I shook my head. "I'd expect at least a little more caution and little less selfishness, especially since the bomber might still be here."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Don't kid yourself, if anyone's going to find a bomb before it blows, it's gonna be one of them." I said, sipping the water, "Or any other problem for that manner. It's a simple math really. There's hundreds of them, and how many of us? A couple dozens?" I shrugged, enjoying the moment of pessimism, "We're here to minimize the fallout." I said, finishing the salad. "I wonder how other Koro's manage, given that our guard has the longest tradition..."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Exactly." I sighed, crumpling the single use dishes into a ball and throwing them into a trash bin several meters far. "Call me crazy, but sometimes I do wish I were a Toa. Sure, the chance of getting killed is fifty times greater, but at least they have the power to do something about it." I said grumpily as I got up from the table. "And I can dream, can't I?" I smiled, getting ready to head to the office for assignment.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"You think it can change a person that much?" I asked with concern, "Because as far as I know, our next CO will be one. I'd hate to go looking for another job." I shuddered at the thought. This was the one thing I was good at, but I doubted many merc groups accepted Matoran to their ranks, unless they were good engineers and this sort of stuff. "I've been guard since school, putting my life on the line willingly, but I won't go to war under somebody who thinks of me as cannon fodder."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension