Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC

Jaller sighed, collapsing into a matoran-sized chair in an office he now felt short in. It was his old office, but most of the arrangements and transition was done, sized for a toa. The Vaults had been opened, the gear removed and place into a different, secure location, and several items had been packaged and shipped to various places around the island.

He had done his duty.

Whatever happens now, it was up to those that got his gifts; no, not his, but Vakama's.

He gazed at the amulet, an object with incalculable worth; within it was stored the cumulative knowledge of a turaga, something for his eyes only. Now he could focus on guiding the village, becoming the leader Vakama needed him to be. But there was one thing he did not know what to do with: the names of the Turaga's Assassin's.

What to do?

He spun the amulet lazily in his fingers, his mind elsewhere. At some point he was going to need to tell someone, but who? And when? Justice needed to be served, but what was the point while we were in the middle of a war, the villages still grieving at their collective loss? If this information was released now it would do irreplaceable damage to the psyche of the island, something that could not be risked. He would have to wait. He would have to sit on this information.

He absolutely hated it when he had to do that.

With a deep breath he stood, securing the amulet around his neck, taking up Vakama's Firestaff as a testament to his authority. That list would have to wait. Justice would be served, but at a later time. Right now it was his job, his duty to lead and comfort a grieving village, and in essence a whole island.

Captain Jaller, now Leader of the Village of Fire, finally took his role with a ready heart.

A new age had begun.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Fiera

"That's true, but unlike you, I have the fortune to be officially listed as shock trooper." I said, feeling angsty all of a sudden. "I only got into archery after I signed up. Before then I did my share of clobbering." I explained, cracking my knuckles. "We shall see. Worst case scenario, I'll move to Onu and go mining." I said, rolling eyes at the idea of spending the rest of my days in the dust. We were approaching the office. "You mentioned this Recra guy before. Friend of yours?"

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

What Erif said pulled me away from my misery. "Thanks." I said, smile creeping on my face. "Sounds like a good bunch. Another invite only club?" I said with a wink. "I'd like to meet them sometime." I said as we turned the corner, coming to the office. I shot the clerk a quick salute. Frontline pawn reporting to duty, I thought to myself.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I walked into the briefing room. unlike when I returned yesterday, many were sitting there, talking. From the bits I heard, most of them were still talking either about the bombing or the assassination. It was hard to blame them, and at least guards remained vigilant. I walked to the front of the room, where a small podium was in case an officer called for a briefing. Behind it was a board with standard assignments and daily duties free to sign up by the lower ranks if we didn't receive additional orders. I went over the 'menu'. "Rats. All wall posts are taken." I scowled. All that remained were hunting posts, gate guards and somebody needed help with armory inventory. I sighed as a took the chalk, writing down 'Faith' into one of the hunting posts. "Call sign." I explained, "From some ancient language, as some blessed soul told me back in academy. Rua is wisdom, Aki is valor, and Fie is apparently that. For all good that will do." I said, not really believing in the great spirit since long time ago.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Heh. Either you do or you don't get paid." I snickered, but I liked the meaning. "Well, let's get it over with. the sooner we have our quota the sooner we go home." I said, checking my spear and shield and strapping them to my back. I eent over to the storage room and returned with a piece of rope hung over my shoulder and a barbed arrow. "You wanna go for game, or are you OK with fishing?" I asked, "and don't worry, I have come up with a way to make fishing exciting." I said, tying the arrow to the rope to make an improvised harpoon.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC

Oooh, thanks for the interaction!

IC - Dorgath - Ta-Koro

Dorgath didn't notice Flay and her team pass him until the sun shone a ray of light through the clouds, making Flay's shoulder armor gleam with reflective light.

He squinted, but soon Flay had moved out of the beam, relieving his eyes from the blinding light. He blinked a bit, still shocked by the force and power of that beam. He looked up to see the usual smoke clouds that covered the sky drift back over the sun. It was like some god had parted the clouds to illuminate Flay in some shining pillar of righteousness, displaying her for all to see. It was like some god wanted Dorgath to notice her.

Curious, Dorgath looked back at the beautiful Ta-Matoran, taking in her looks and recognizing her as one of those who spoke at Vakama's funeral. She had given a moving speech about how great and noble Vakama was (hah!) and how she and her team would continue to try and right the wrongs of the island., A misguided fool, lost in the sea of Vakama's lies.

But. A god had illuminated her to him, outlining her in that ray of light. Perhaps.. perhaps here was his chance to change things… make them right. He was supposed to talk to her. And, maybe, just maybe, if he stayed with her long enough, he might influence her actions… perhaps even change her mind. To save the island was to rebuild the ways people thought. And you had to start somewhere. This beautiful guard seemed to be the perfect first step.

Thank you, he prayed to Makuta. I will do your bidding.

"Um, excuse me?" he asked, walking into step beside her and wringing his hands. Dorgath spent almost all of his time by himself, and being near people, especially one so charismatic as Flay, unnerved him greatly. "I was… um… we'll…" he stuttered for a few more moments, furiously trying to think up an excuse to talk to her.

"It, uh, sounded like you were at- well… uh… you - knew how the Turaga died. My I ask if you ever found the dark creature that did such a terrible deed?" His words spilled out of his mouth. Dorgath didn't really recollect trying to say them, but there they were, for her to interpret.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Flaredrick

"What a lovely view from up here."

Suddenly he here's the horns of the Guard.

"Trouble in Ta-Koro"

He ruses down Mangai and heads for Ta-Koro. He reaches the square, seeing no trouble at all. He talks to a matoran.

"What's going on, why were the horns sounded?"

IC(NPC): Ta-Matoran

"Did you not hear? Turaga Vakama has past away."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:Tuara from Ko-WahiIC: Tuara - Ta-KoroTuara stopped under the gates of Ta-Koro, the bridge falling behind her. She looked on at the people of the crowded area, dispersing, despair etched across their faces. Tuara nodded to a gatesman, "What is happening?"The Matoran looked up, not one to mince words, "Turaga Vakama is dead.""What?" Tuara looked up and away, trying to maintain her composure, "How did-"The Guardsmen nodded, "He was assassinated."They turned away from each other, Tuara making a bee-line for Jaller's office. She wasn't there. Why wasn't she there? She should have been. Dren did not say anything to Tuara, and neither her to him. She simply moved to the office of the Guard's Captain before knocking on it.The Toa of fire turned away from the door, putting her face in her hands. She sighed shakily. Tuara breathed in carefully, turning once more to face the Captain's door.OOC:Sucky post because I'm tired.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Flay

Flay could see with her own eyes how greatly unnerved Dorgath was. She stopped. Unlike the Lava Farmer, as a guard, you had to be good in control. She spoke back, much more calmly, unaware that Dorgath stumbling on his words might've been because of happiness, not of sorrow.

"It wasn't a creature. And I doubt it was dark; If it was, not anymore. Vakama's done his job."

She turned. Her face literally darkened as shadow was sown across it, the light blocked off thanks to her movement. "Unless you mean the slug. That one was destroyed. Not by Vakama; By the assassin." She twisted again, standing up straighter. "That was the power of the Turaga. Even an assassin, one who struck from the shadows, decided to give Vakama freedom. Even in death. And so he died, with what was the power of shadow killing another. Perhaps redemption is...possible."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC- Dorgath - Ta-Koro

Dorgath was surprised. Had Vakama convinced the assassin to be good? If so, then Flay was right. Vakama was very powerful; incredibly manipulative. They were geniuses. A whole population as their slaves, a population actually convinced that what they were doing was noble and right. These slaves didn't want to escape. They wanted to stay slaves. Even after Vakama had passed away, the matoran continued to slave away, wasting their life on a worthless ideal.

But Dorgath wasn't convinced the assassin had been swayed. Perhaps cutting off the Parakuka was just the easiest way to kill Vakama. Maybe the Parakuka was activated, turning Vakama into the monster he really was, and that was the only way to stop him. Yes, the Turaga hadn't convinced the assassin to be kind; the population of Ta-Koro had fooled themselves into believing that lie. Vakama, even in death, was idolized as a hero.

But Dorgath's hero was the assassin. He hoped to find them.

"Oh, yes... Vakama was a.... a great man. But I was wondering if there was any way to track down his killer." Dorgath said, a little more forcefully now. "And bring justice to that being. Vakama could not have fully changed his killer, because he was still murdered."

"It's similar to the drats, only there's a rope attached." I smiled, "Literally." I said as I tied another rope to my spear and passed one of the harpoons as I walked out of the office and headed towards the gates. "Or you can try your luck and shoot the harpoon instead of throwing it, though last time I took an involuntary swim when I tried. The rope really likes to get magically tied to your feet." I confessed, "I felt like the village i***t"

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: [Elysi]

Elysi sat on a bench, the red Toa of Lightning finding the assassination of the Turaga a rather melancholic occurrence for what could have been a simple and relaxing vacation in her village of birth, and it had already dampened her mood quite severely. All she wanted to do was spent some time resting, but nooo - people had to go and kill the Turaga.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Tuara - Ta-Koro - Jaller's OfficeTuara stood across from Jaller, sharing looks. She did her best to keep her composure, as did her Captain, but under their objective eyes there was a clear sadness. They nodded, as though acknowledged that whatever conversation followed might end with either of them losing the militarist assertions.She tried to break up the uncomfortable silence, "Your office is bigger now."Jaller nodded, "Well if a Toa is going to be taking my place as Guard Captain she'll need a bigger office," he finished with a little nod and a smile as his hands shuffled papers around.Tuara gave a smile before sniffling, looking away, "That's what I came to talk to you about actually," Tuara, after a moment, reached into her back pocket, under her belt before gripping her badge. She reached forwards and planted it on the desk, Jaller watching her intently. She then reached up to her shoulder, and picked off her insignia which she also placed on the desk. Jaller reached over and took hold of the badge, looking at it before turning his eyes back up to the Deputy."Tuara, if this is about Vakama-"Tuara shook her head, interrupting, "I am here to present to you my resignation."Jaller tossed the badge back on the table."I am under no condition to lead this Koro any more, nor help you lead it," she stepped back, her hands behind her back, "My inner situation has worsened, and Dren and I feel it is for the best; to ensure I don't cause any problems when I should be fixing them. It has been a long time coming, and my control over myself has been slipping for longer. Admitting this has been extremely difficult, but I feel I have finally come to terms with myself as a Guardswoman and as a person. If it is my duty to protect Ta-Koro it is my duty to step down. I have become, and fear I will only continue to be, a liability to this Guard's missions and security.""Tuara Drigton, Vakama knew he was going to die.""I decided this when I abandoned my mission in Ko-Koro," she sighed before asserting her posture again, "It has been an honor sir," she finished, leaving Jaller with that, making it clear there was no contesting the stubborn Toa of fire's decision.Jaller sighed before giving another curt nod. Tuara turned around and reached for the door, "Thank you for the opportunity."She walked outside into the village of fire to her office to clear out her things.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC- Dorgath - Ta-Koro

IC: Nita spoke softly, barely audible over the din around Flay and Dorgath. "Unless..."

Dorgath glanced back at the speaker of the word, and, practically without thinking, asked the question he knew she wanted him to ask: "Unless what?"

OOC: Watch, Kaithas.

"We bumped into Jaller. I think...both Jaller - and Vakama - knew that Vakama was going to die. I can't be fully sure, nor will I ask Jaller. Plus, there were no signs of fighting inside Vakama's hut. There was just his body....and the slug's slashed body. Other than blood flowing from Vakama's punctures in his back and the Parakuka, no blood was evident, nothing was broken. If this assassin truly did fight Vakama, then he or she must've had a lot of time - which they didn't have."

She didn't mention finding tears.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"Then be our aim true, for the sharks are fast!" I said as I led us to my favorite spot. Most of the time those few that would fish in Ta - Wahi would stay close to the beaches and busy themselves with small kinds of fish. I used those as bait. Taking my spear, I sliced one of the more fresh smaller ones open and tossed it into the water under a small cliff we stood on. In this place, water was deep enough for them to swim and the smell of fresh blood drawn them to the place. I sat down to wait until something shown up, harpoon ready. "So... Know any games?"

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"As much as I hate them for it it takes time for the sharks to spot the bait, duh." I said, rolling my eyes. "We need to pass the time somehow. If you intended on doing nothing whole day you should have signed up for the gates." I said with a mocking smile. A wicked idea found it's way to my mind: "Let's spar." I said, my complexion changing to challenging.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC - Dorgath - Ta-Koro

"So, you will not follow this assassin?" he asked, now even more convinced that the assassin had killed the Turaga by stealth, without him knowing. And the notion of Vakama expecting he was going to die was ridiculous. How far would these people go to delude themselves into thinking Vakama could do nothing wrong?

"You will let Vakama's killer get away?"

"I wouldn't dream to make this unfair." I said with pretended hurt tone, setting my shield to the ground and walking slightly away from the edge of the cliff, I turned around in defensive stance. "They robbed a guard and got away with it? My respect is dropping!" I teased, trying to put the Ta - matoran temper to work for me as I stood with my arms ready to block. "Come on, hit me with your best!"

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I started circling around Erif. "Well, now that you know where I live, you know you can drop by anytime if you need help, right?" I said, then I saw Erif draw a sword. "Woah, woah, woah! We're friends here right? Let's try to keep this non lethal." I blinked a few times in surprise as I had nothing but bare hands. Instinctively I brought my spear-turned-harpoon in front of me and slashed with the blunt end in an attempt to knock the sword out of Erif's hands.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Seeing Erif's fist moving below, I tried to slip inside. Not being fast enough, his fist brushed against my side, making me hiss. Reaching down with my free arm, I wrapped it around the archer's, locking us in a grapple. Having no free hand and standing too close for a kick, I swung forward for a headbutt.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

The move, while good theory, was poorly executed as my mask shifted on my face and was now obstructing my eye on the side the kick came from. The blow came unexpected and my defense was down. I huffed loudly at the impact, falling to my knees. Our arms still in the lock, I quickly shook it off and pushed forward, intending to topple Erif and bring him to the ground.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Salamander

Salamander walked through the busy streets of Ta-Koro, noting the new expressions of unease and grief that were worn by the Matoran residents. It was obvious that the village had endured some sort of hardship, but it didn't feel right to stop someone on the street and ask what was going on with all of the delicacy of an over-sized club. It would also be troublesome to explain why he was so locked out of the loop, and that was simply something Salamander did not want to deal with before getting a bite to eat.

No... Guess I'll save my questions for later, or for someone I know.

Just as he spotted a small restaurant, a slender and familiar figure at the edge of his vision caught his attention. Turning his head to better examine the Toa, Salamander found himself very thankful for his empty stomach and suddenly feeling nearly-but-still-not-quite cheerful. Instinctively, Salamander slipped into his more personable "mode" before calling out to the female Toa of Fire.

"Tuara! Just the person I was hoping to find!"

Edited by Despair

Lacertus

IC - Dorgath - Ta-Koro

"So, you will not follow this assassin?" he asked, now even more convinced that the assassin had killed the Turaga by stealth, without him knowing. And the notion of Vakama expecting he was going to die was ridiculous. How far would these people go to delude themselves into thinking Vakama could do nothing wrong?

"You will let Vakama's killer get away?"

Despite Flay's experience, she didn't know how to respond. She wasn't inexperienced, nor is she weak. But she wasn't on the other side of the spectrum as well, angry and overly dedicated. The truth was, everyone had failed. The assassination was done very well. As much as Flay hated to admit it, she had respect - and fear - for the Assassins.

"Perhaps later on, we'll have an op where we'll go after them. But we need information on this first, information we currently don't have. I'm sure you saw what the Assassin.....s......did."Dorgath knew. It wasn't hard to miss 4 explosives being thrown around, blowing up matoran here and their, killing and wounding many. Even now, as Flay thought about it, she remembered the faces -- faces of everyone there, tears streaming down, crying, screaming, shouting. She cringed at the memory, her hands rubbing her sword sheath on her back.

"There isn't a chance we don't go after them. It's just a matter of when. And trust us," She winked, her cheerful demeanor returning - which also reminded Dorgath of Flay's looks - and gave Dorgath a thumbs up. "We will get some form of vengeance. AND If Makuta is found responsible...which could be the truth, as if Vakama DID know, it would probably be from his slug......there will be no corner, no nook and cranny that the shadows can hide in."

Her eyes glinted red, and she walked off in the direction of barracks, her team following.

OOC: What if we got a Barrack and named it Obama?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013