What Would You Like To See In A Fan Game?

Emzee

To be honest, I have no idea. Our GitHub repo is still empty and I haven't heard from UltraHau for a while.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I've finished designing the core engine, and am privately working on the engine itself. As soon as I get some tangible progress, I'll upload what I have to GitHub, take a screenshot, and ask B6 for our own thread. :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I've finished designing the core engine, and am privately working on the engine itself. As soon as I get some tangible progress, I'll upload what I have to GitHub, take a screenshot, and ask B6 for our own thread. :)

okay, thanks, but from now on, it would be helpful to have a progress update every once in a while

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sweet! I didn't know you had started work. Can you describe the high-level architecture of the engine?

Lol, i thought that you guys working on it were contacting each other frequently on some external website. I guess not.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sweet! I didn't know you had started work. Can you describe the high-level architecture of the engine?

Basically, it's a client-server, plugin/gamemod-oriented architecture - most functionality will come through plugins/mods, which, in my experience with previous game development projects, is a pretty helpful thing to have.EDIT: I feel like starting a petition to remove that shorthand for "modification" from the word filter... Edited by UltraHau

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I don't think "someone" is available, unfortunately - all the programmers I know of on BZP are busy with other projects. But hey, if you want to learn how to program... :)

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I haven't been here in quite a while but now that I have more free time I thought I'd check out what's new. I'd have a question, is it possible to make mods for official games like Heroes, The Game, MNOLG, MNOLG 2 or VNOLG?Btw, I'm willing to help out in projects. I'm not skilled at making games but I'm willing to learn it :psychotwitch:

This isn't really the place for that, but yeah, some of those are moddable. I've modded VNOG. It's pretty easy (except for the cursed indecipherable French abbreviations). There's a topic somewhere on the old forums about it. PM me for more instructions.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a Bionicle Doom moderator. It is planned to be a Bionicle moderator for the Shareware Doom version so it is free and all gore will be removed. Once I get screenshots I'll ask for the creation of an individual thread. I expect to be ready with it some time in April :usa:

Hmmm, yeah, we're seriously off topic now that we're discussing commercial games more than Bionicle games... but we have have decided on an FPS project that's going to start development as soon as UltraHau kicks it off! *hint nudge*Elemental powers in the field is a great idea! You could go the Pokemon route, and allow your powers to smash rocks, fly you around, etc, but I'd personally be more interested in Zelda/Metroid-style puzzles using those powers.

Currently, The only characters in my game are lightning and gravity, so I'm undecided as to what applications for their powers.

Lol, somehow I have the feeling this place is a tad off topic.So, I'm working on a bionicle RPG game with RPGM2003.Would anyone be interested in elemental powers having in game (non battle) applications?

that does remind me of how in bionicle heroes, you coyuld upgrade your characters elementalo power that would let you smash through some obstacles into secret areas, but having some elements breaking open caves and stuff where there is a stash of cordak launchers would be what i would like to see.
Yes, there was an X-men RPG that had a similar theme. That would probably, however, end up being a thing added on after the main game is developed.Progress on my game right now is slow due to forgetfulness and lack of time, but I have designed/am designing some inherent and kanohi features, such as energy, teleportation, and suchlike.

Someone could make a FF styled game, lots of items, and multiple endings! I know people have done this before, so maybe it could be based off the storyline of BZPRPG or something.EDIT: Or almost any RPG could make a great game. I think Day Run could make a good one, with vehicle combat. Also Rust, in the style of L4D

Edited by gdfgdfgdfice

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see a 3D game that takes mechanics from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron, and Socom 4. If all of those games were put into one and applied into a Bionicle Universe that would be the greased thing since sliced bread.

250px-Vakama_Metru.jpg

"There can only be ONE of us"

I'm not sure if this is the place for this, but here goes anyways:If anyone remembers, there was a project called "Bionicle: Universe" which was a open-world 3D bionicle RPG being made by B:NG. We're still going, and we've made some progress, and we have decided to go open source.However, as the lead programmer, I'm the one responsible for the change, and I'm not too familiar with git, which is what we're using. I've already got a repo up on google code, but I'd really appreciate the help of anyone who is more experienced with git, as there are a few problems we need to iron out. If you could help me set this up, I'd really appreciate a PM.Thanks!

One of the leaders for B:NG, so ask me if you have any questions!

• 2 weeks later...

something fun, to start off.Remember the FCG contest? when the forum was "spammed up" with all these new games? and look at the results. lots of activity, and lots of amazing and addicting games, like havoc, horkida:hero or beast, and kraata attack.there have been lots of failed attempts over the years, with great breakthroughs.most people like 3d games, and i have nothing against that, but it simply is very hard to make them, and, when someone does release one, there is alot of pressure by fans, wanting it to be "perfect"and shooters are always fun,(the ones whee you actually aim, like in "the insurgent"). most of the time, we want somehting with story, but what i think would benefit us most, is having our greatest minds come together to, over time, create a sandbox 3d level, with basic movement scripts and bionicle pieces, so that we will all be on a level playing ground also, things that take skill are usually considered better games. accuracy and skill is better than button-mashing i think i said my point,see ya next post!EDIT: and dogfight games are awesome. imagine the mnolg gukko minigame, but 3d and having a bzp member on your kahu and shooting down nui rama machine gun style, THAT would be awesome

Nope I think making it 3D would ruin it now if it was in the original MNOG graphics that would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still coding - unfortunately, Real Life is doing it's hardest to slow me down. You'll probably see the first code from me around May 15th or so, so hopefully you guys won't have to wait much longer. :)

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

On second thought, Skyrim's not the best way to describe it. There won't be much in the way of quests, it'll mostly be mask-hunting. Just a free-roaming sidescroller, then... definitely taking a lot of inspiration from Skyrim, though. Wow, I'm rambling today. I'm gonna go code or something.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

• 3 weeks later...

On second thought, Skyrim's not the best way to describe it. There won't be much in the way of quests, it'll mostly be mask-hunting. Just a free-roaming sidescroller, then... definitely taking a lot of inspiration from Skyrim, though. Wow, I'm rambling today. I'm gonna go code or something.

Another interesting style would be doing a game like realm of the mad god or the binding of isaac.Anyways, ultrahau, how is the progress going? Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

An RPG Maker VX Ace game in the style of the old BIONICLE RPG Maker games (a la Flow of the River or Seal of Success). I would love that. Man, if Flow of the River were remade for RMVXAce, I would snatch it up in an instant!Takers? Anyone?

banner.jpg

An RPG Maker VX Ace game in the style of the old BIONICLE RPG Maker games (a la Flow of the River or Seal of Success). I would love that. Man, if Flow of the River were remade for RMVXAce, I would snatch it up in an instant!Takers? Anyone?

They have already decided on what game to make: Bionicle: call of destiny ;a multiplayer fps.ultrahau is working on the engine currently, and it would be nice if he would give a status update soon.

They have already decided on what game to make: Bionicle: call of destiny ;a multiplayer fps.ultrahau is working on the engine currently, and it would be nice if he would give a status update soon.
This topic is about what people would like to see in an fan-game - so anyone can bring up a suggestion for a game to be made. Also, discussion on any particular project should go in its own separate topic (provided there's proof). I don't want this topic to veer from its original purpose. :psychotwitch:

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

This topic is about what people would like to see in an fan-game - so anyone can bring up a suggestion for a game to be made. Also, discussion on any particular project should go in its own separate topic (provided there's proof). I don't want this topic to veer from its original purpose. :psychotwitch:
sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude at all.

That said, I think that just improving the graphics on a tired genre is not going to jumpstart our forum, nor be particularly fun for the players or creator.And I *still* haven't decided on a game to work on. I want to make something with a story, or at least something with progression, but I fail beyond words at level design. Any suggestions?

IrMSNn3.png

That said, I think that just improving the graphics on a tired genre is not going to jumpstart our forum, nor be particularly fun for the players or creator.And I *still* haven't decided on a game to work on. I want to make something with a story, or at least something with progression, but I fail beyond words at level design. Any suggestions?
That's true, but come on, who didn't like those games? Flow of the River was very glitchy, mainly because of the limitations of RM2K, but the story was great, the dialogue was great... I just think RPG Maker is a great platform for BIONICLE games.And it wouldn't have to be a FotR remake, either. I would just as gladly play a different game set on Voya Nui or Karda Nui or even Spherus Magna.

banner.jpg

That's true, but come on, who didn't like those games? Flow of the River was very glitchy, mainly because of the limitations of RM2K, but the story was great, the dialogue was great... I just think RPG Maker is a great platform for BIONICLE games.And it wouldn't have to be a FotR remake, either. I would just as gladly play a different game set on Voya Nui or Karda Nui or even Spherus Magna.

Give me a couple months (for the first demo, anyway). I've got something big planned.It won't be set in a canon location, but it draws a lot of inspiration from '01-03 and '06.Real-time battle system

Muffin button

Give me a couple months (for the first demo, anyway). I've got something big planned.It won't be set in a canon location, but it draws a lot of inspiration from '01-03 and '06.Real-time battle system
HECK YESPM me when you have a demo!Actually, I'd be willing to help. PM me if you need any help!Well, that just about satisfies my needs. :P Peace out.

banner.jpg

Maybe something like Realm of the Mad God or The Binding of Isaac. They are addicting shooters.

Hmmm, tried out RotMG (Didn't realize it was free!) It was fun and all, but I'm not a huge fan of shooters. I think I'm just going to hack around until I come up with a fun, fluid combat system, and make a game out of that.

IrMSNn3.png

I think a turn-based strategy game in the vein of Spybotics: Nightfall would be great; there could be some form of storyline, and the game could even be expanded into an online game where players can trade with and compete against other players. The various units and bonuses could be based on elemental and / or Kanohi powers.I'd make such a game, but I'm not sure how to program it.

K... I'm starting to get an idea here.One quick question: what are your favorite 2D side-scrolling action games? Or if nothing else, what 2D side-scrolling game do you think has the best combat? I'm looking for a heavy action focus and I want to get it right, but I haven't made many 2D side-scrolling games before.

IrMSNn3.png

I can't really think of an interesting 2d scroller, but a heavy action style would be similar to the megaman battle network games.other than that, I can't help you much.

I think a turn-based strategy game in the vein of Spybotics: Nightfall would be great; there could be some form of storyline, and the game could even be expanded into an online game where players can trade with and compete against other players. The various units and bonuses could be based on elemental and / or Kanohi powers.I'd make such a game, but I'm not sure how to program it.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I played through Nightfall Incident a couple of months ago. :P There could be PvP, team against AI, that'd be fun to play. I'd love to talk with you about getting some ideas for this if you're interested.