Bionicle book you'd like to see as a movie?

Underscore

The 2006 books could be quite good as a movie - they have a good, dramatic end-of-the-world intro, followed by a journey through a nightmarish world, and then a large number of conflicts to defeat villains culminating in a fight with Vezon and Kardas. That said, for individual books, I'd have to go with...Metru Nui 5, maybe. I really liked that. Or Metru Nui 6. The issues of Voya Nui aren't good enough on their own.

Edit: I've got to get Time Trap at some point.

Edited by BobaFett2

The Legend Lives...

Time Trap. If you have not read it, you need to. Not sure that it would make a good movie through - there's only so much there, and Vakama's witty thoughts are half the fun of the read.

The 2006 books might be better - more action, less character thoughts, so more movie material in my book. (lol pun)

as soon as I saw this topic I knew that 9/10 of all posts at any given moment would mention Time TrapI personally haven't read it in such a long time that I can't remember exactly what was so good about it aside from maybe a really clever bit where Vakama fights the Shadowed One?personally I'd love to see an adaption of Inferno with Vezon voiced by Nolan North

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

The problem with picking any one book is that nearly all of them are just small sections of big, year-long story sequences. So a movie of one of them would require other movies to make sense and/or conclude its story. Make one, you make them all. :P

Time Trap has been the most common choice because it avoids that problem by being a largely self-contained work.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I think Bionicle Legends 4 would make for a good movie. Since it mostly has stories about the Piraka that gives them more development, I think it would be great for a Bionicle movie.

And as almost everyone else has said, Time Trap would be a good option too.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 4 weeks later...

Time trap perhaps. It would be short though.

A better option is the Voya/Mahri story line or the entire Karda storyline. Man, those were some of the best movie material in terms of action and for a newcomer to 'jump in', so to speak. Shame there was no movie. The only comics and books more than made up for that, thought. :P

A TV serial would be perfect for Legacy Of Evil (Bionicle Legends 4), each Chapter self-contained into an hour or so. Or maybe half and hour.

• Upvote 1

Thinking back on it, I might also like a movie-ization of Tales of the Toa. It would be cool to see the Toa Mata, but the main reason I would like it would be to see the Shadow Toa. The world needs more canon on the Shadow Toa.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Definitely Inferno.

TheGeekIgnika, the caffeinated cyber-ninja.  Or just some idiot with a computer.  You choose.

If I sounded like a geek in this

post, you are correct.

"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.  It means never having to play it cool about about how much you like something.  It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult.  Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.  Even me.

• 1 month later...

The 2006-2008 series would be made perfectly into a movie, because at the ending when Teridax goes like "I am in control of the robots", it would be so much like the ending to The Usual Suspects, which then would require the viewer to go back and search for all of the clues that enabled him to take over Mata Nui and send the Kanohi Ignika to Bara Magna.

Favorite Film of All Time: Fight Club

Favorite Television Show of all Time: The X-Files

Favorite LEGO Franchise of all Time: BIONICLE

Favorite BIONICLE year of all time: 2006

76561198042260869.png

I'd just like to add real quick, that when Greg was asked (on two separate occasions) which of his books he'd liked to see as movies, he said "Darkness Below" and/or "Voyage of Fear"

For me, I've always wanted to see 2006 as a movie, but one book would probably be "Tale of the Toa" just because I'd love to see the original Toa on the silver screen.

Or, come to think of it, maybe "Journey's End", because GIANT ROBOT FIGHT!

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg