Official Red Star Guide

It would be nice to see some links to Greg's comments stating that Sidorak and Guardian are alive.  Both of them are currently listed as dead by BS01, and honestly that makes more sense to me.  Additionally, the supposedly retconned Greg quote stating that Sidorak is in fact dead is fairly recent.

Thats what I was getting at. I've been told if it's not here check BS01 and I'm just wondering if someone made a mistake or if Greg said it after this was posted.

Honestly Bones and the Mods/Admins has a very hard job on their shoulders. 

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Err... Guardian is listed as revived on BS01. The reference for that, listed on the BS01 page is this quote.

As for Sidorak, Greg originally stated he was revived, but later decided Keetongu destroyed him too badly for him to be revived. (The link to the quote was also on the BS01 page)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Err... Guardian is listed as revived on BS01. The reference for that, listed on the BS01 page is this quote.

As for Sidorak, Greg originally stated he was revived, but later decided Keetongu destroyed him too badly for him to be revived. (The link to the quote was also on the BS01 page)

Ah I see by the time stamp there that Greg said this after Bones made this topic. Ok I was just checking is all. Well thats cleared up.

As for Dekar I hope the MoL would return him to his Matoran self if Hydraxon returned from the Red Star. It would be amazingly odd seeing your self. :D

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Would have made an interesting serial - Hydraxon vs Hydraxon (or the Journey's of Hydraxon and Hydraxon)

-NotS

Hydraxon & Hydraxon, Attorneys at Law: 1-800-8923.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm actually planning to feature something about the two Hydraxons (Two Hydraxon? No plural s... :P) in the sequel to my retelling, that I think people will find interesting. :)

Sid's status updated. Anybody else need modification from the current factlist?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm actually planning to feature something about the two Hydraxons (Two Hydraxon? No plural s... :P) in the sequel to my retelling, that I think people will find interesting. :)

I'm good. Can't wait for the story. Bit off topic but have you posted any parts of the retelling yet Bones?

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Ihu, Jovan, and Nocturn are confirmed to be revived.

The Nynrah Ghosts who mutated Gaardus have also been confirmed to be revived.

Kodan and the Toa Mangai minus Lhikan, Tuyet & Nidhiki are confirmed dead. (Even though this one is really hard for the timing)

Reysa is confirmed dead.

Nikila and the rest of the Toa Cordak are confirmed dead.

Greg confirmed plants are not revived by the Red Star, so the Karzahni and the Morbuzakh are definitely dead.

The Red Star's teleportation powers have a range of 22,300 miles.

The Kestora "insanity" have been explained by them not having the higher sapience granted by Velika to the rest of the MU.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Thanks again, maxim. Updated. Might as well post here a quote of what I said in the update for range:

[update: the RS teleportation range has been confirmed as 22,300 miles, enough for it to have a geostationary orbit. By comparison, the Earth's noticeable atmosphere extends for about 75 miles, while the average Earth-moon distance is 238,900 miles. 22,300 miles is specifically just over the altitude (distance from earth surface) of a geosynchronous orbit.

Greg may not have calculated for the higher gravity of SM and/or its fragments, though, so I'd still take this number with some salt. Aqua Magna is smaller than Spherus Magna, of course, but this system would be designed to orbit around any alien planet, and SM should be the norm for the EP-core megaplanets since Mata Nui studied those to get a better sense of how to reform SM, so I'd think it should be quite a bit farther than this.

Looks like the range should be taken as basically just over the distance for geosynchronous orbit around a typical Bionicle (Gen 1, obviously) megaplanet. The point is that it wouldn't reach from one planet to another.]

Incidentally, does anybody know if Greg has commented on why the revival system was made physically separate from the MU?

Bit off topic but have you posted any parts of the retelling yet Bones?

Yeah, see link in sig. :) 39 of 90 chapters are posted so far.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Thanks again, maxim. Updated. Might as well post here a quote of what I said in the update for range:

[update: the RS teleportation range has been confirmed as 22,300 miles, enough for it to have a geostationary orbit. By comparison, the Earth's noticeable atmosphere extends for about 75 miles, while the average Earth-moon distance is 238,900 miles. 22,300 miles is specifically just over the altitude (distance from earth surface) of a geosynchronous orbit.

Greg may not have calculated for the higher gravity of SM and/or its fragments, though, so I'd still take this number with some salt. Aqua Magna is smaller than Spherus Magna, of course, but this system would be designed to orbit around any alien planet, and SM should be the norm for the EP-core megaplanets since Mata Nui studied those to get a better sense of how to reform SM, so I'd think it should be quite a bit farther than this.

Looks like the range shou

Bit off topic but have you posted any parts of the retelling yet Bones?

Yeah, see link in sig. :) 39 of 90 chapters are posted so far.

Man that is a very long range system. 

also thank you my friend. Gonna read through it ASAP.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Toa Naho* not Tuyet. Tuyet is doing the business on Bota Magna with the rest of the big bad n scary crew.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Toa Naho* not Tuyet. Tuyet is doing the business on Bota Magna with the rest of the big bad n scary crew.

No, I mean Tuyet, for this very reason. Naho is confirmed definitely dead. (A shame if you ask me, it would have been really nice to see Lhikan with the rest of his gang in the RS)
  • Upvote 1

-- Greg Farshtey

Might have misread that. Sorry mate! But yah would've been cool if Naho or like one of the other Toa were just crushed or something not disintegrated.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

So Matoro really did give the ultimate sacrifice then, since his body was disentegrated.

As for the Barraki/other beings in the pot, would their mutations be reversed in the Red Star?

Edit: Pit, not pot, I'm not very fond of eating sea creatures (especially not warlords :P)

Edited by ~Haxorus~
  • Upvote 2

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!