The Vice-Captain

They

After a good four hours of sitting at the coffee table here is Vice-Captain Iraira of the Ga-Koro Marines, a character from the BZPRPG. I tried blending a more human appearance for a change, which I feel didn't turn out as horribly as I thought it might. Comments and critique always welcome!

~Kughii

319px-Iraira.jpg

Very good, I have to say. About the same as I pictured her in-game. Excepting clothing, I always pictured her in a kind of naval-esque uniform.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Well, If I'm honest I haven't seen any of your previous drawings, so I don't have much of a baseline for how human this is compared to how you normally draw Bionicle characters, but I certainly wouldn't say it turned out 'horribly'. You've managed to pull off a fairly challenging perspective on the shoulders. The feet and especially the hands are well done - those give most artists a lot of trouble. Though there's some odd stuff going on with the legs - as Norik said, they look a bit long, perhaps because they're not quite in the same perspective, and aren't as foreshortened as the rest of the character. More importantly, if you look at the position of the knees, and then consider where her ankles are, you might see that her right lower leg is very long. I suspect you got really focused and worked out the upper legs, and then lower legs, and then the feet, in isolation, without stepping back to look at the overall proportions. You can either let the legs dictate where the feet go, or let the foot position tell you how the legs should work, but make sure you're treating them as a single larger object. Meanwhile the arms are in good perspective, and nicely shaped. Oh, and I just realize that the oval-shaped armor indentations are a reference to the pin holes on actual bionicle pieces - was that intentional? It's a nice touch either way.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, a few minutes after posting it I was grumbling about the leg so thanks to those who called me out on that. As for the kanohi, that came together shockingly well.

And no house, I'm not often one to turn bionicle into dress up dolls. XD However, I may take your idea of a naval coat.