The Lego Universe Soundtrack

kalhiki

Just so this doesn't get lost in the Official Lego Universe Topic, I decided to make a seperate topic. I've been recording all the music in Lego Universe and (to my knowledge) is the only complete soundtrack. More songs will be added as new worlds come out. All files can be downloaded here:http://www.mediafire.com/?hc7malf2gkrkyNote: the songs are out of order, but go by number as how they appear in the game. So, what can you do in this topic? Discuss the music, your favorite tracks, and anything else. But most of all, enjoy the music! Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Nice job! I haven't downloaded them because I'm on my phone right now so i can't speak to the quality. But it's great that you took the effort to get these! Great, but unnecessary. I already have them on my website, and they were converted direcly from the source files, so the quality is probably better. Again, I don't want to be johnny raincloud here. It's great that you did it. And the last thing I want to do is ignore the work you put into it. I had the same problem when I first started compiling soundtracks. When I first did one for MNOG I, I recorded it as the game was playing. Somebody else had already done it, and better than mine. So I'm sorry to steal your thunder. EDIT: I see that you have some tracks in here that aren't in the beta edition soundtrack (you're also missing a few). So that's great. Ill have to give them a listen tomorrow. Also, don't use a .wav file format, because iTunes can't use it. Better to use an mp3, because more OSs and programs support it. On a less crushing note, did you hear that templar studios has promised to release a remastered edition of the MNOG soundtrack? I CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by Leg O'Brick

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

did you hear that templar studios has promised to release a remastered edition of the MNOG soundtrack?

ORLY? :happydance:i cant wait!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Wouldn't this be able to be put in the Official LEGO Universe Topic? I like the soundtrack for LEGO Universe, but it isn't something I really want/need to download. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

it was in the lego universe topic but he made a separate topic so it wouldn't be lost in the posts

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

If you could put it in Mp3 format I could put it on my 3DS..... :biggrin:, thanks so much for putting this up Kalhiki. ~PowerMiner~

At some point, I can go through all of them and do that for you, because I have Adobe Audition CS5! :D I'll let you know that MP3 is a MUCH more lossy format than a Wave Audio/Video File. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If you could put it in Mp3 format I could put it on my 3DS..... :biggrin:, thanks so much for putting this up Kalhiki. ~PowerMiner~

At some point, I can go through all of them and do that for you, because I have Adobe Audition CS5! :biggrin: I'll let you know that MP3 is a MUCH more lossy format than a Wave Audio/Video File. ;)
Sorry, but what does the word "lossy" mean?

At some point, I can go through all of them and do that for you, because I have Adobe Audition CS5! :biggrin: I'll let you know that MP3 is a MUCH more lossy format than a Wave Audio/Video File. ;)
Sorry, but what does the word "lossy" mean?
It means that it looses quality from the original recording. A Wave audio file is a very high quality file, just to let you know. I don't think that the 3DS can use .wav files though, so I'll try to retain as much quality in the audio as I can. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Not really. It depends on the codec you use. For example, H.264 is a very high-quality codec, and it doesn't work with .wav. That's my main problem with .wav; it's very incompatible with a lot of common devices and programs (DS, iTunes, iPods). .aac has the same problem. That's why I like mp3; it's versatile, it's scale-able, and it's much more widely compatible. It's not really the file format so much as it is the codec that determines how lossy a file is.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Not really. It depends on the codec you use. For example, H.264 is a very high-quality codec, and it doesn't work with .wav. That's my main problem with .wav; it's very incompatible with a lot of common devices and programs (DS, iTunes, iPods). .aac has the same problem. That's why I like mp3; it's versatile, it's scale-able, and it's much more widely compatible. It's not really the file format so much as it is the codec that determines how lossy a file is.
Yeah, Wave audio files aren't compatible with a lot of things, and they are a large file size too. They do work in iTunes, it's just that it usually requires playback configuration above 24 bits and sometimes 192000 Hz (Depending on your driver). I'll work on the MP3, but it may not be at the same quality. How large of a file can each be for the 3DS? Also, where'd these come from? Were they extracted from the resource files (DLL stuff), or are they in the Program Files folder? :???: Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

From what I

Yeah, Wave audio files aren't compatible with a lot of things, and they are a large file size too. They do work in iTunes, it's just that it usually requires playback configuration above 24 bits and sometimes 192000 Hz (Depending on your driver). I'll work on the MP3, but it may not be at the same quality. How large of a file can each be for the 3DS? Also, where'd these come from? Were they extracted from the resource files (DLL stuff), or are they in the Program Files folder? :???:

From what I gather, kalhiki got them fromjust muting everything but the music and recording system audio. My source (LEGO Universe news or something like that) converted them directly from the game files (in that goofy encrypt-y format, I don't know what specifically.)

You should directly decode the .fsb sound files to get those music. But not use recorder.

Unfortunately, the LEGO Universe ToS states that decompiling or modifying the game files is not allowed. These recordings are already good enough, anyway. Great job, kalhiki! :)~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^