Ultrabuild you want to see next

Mr. Cup of Fail

We have seen DC Universe, Marvel and Legends of Chima as Ultrabuilds, so i like to know of what you want to see as a Untrabuild.

I like to see Galaxy Squad (all 4 robots) or Star Wars (Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Commander Wolffe and C-3PO) as Ultrabuild.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Star Wars would be an awesome idea, if not for the licensing complications. A Cuusoo proposal for that very thing has already been taken down, so there's really no chance at Star Wars Ultrabuilds until at least the next time Lego and Lucasfilm work out a new licensing contract (which could be years from now).

Other that Star Wars, I can't think of many existing themes that would be well-suited to action figures... I don't see Ninjago working that well for it, and while it could be neat to see more Chima or Super Heroes Ultrabuild sets, they've already been done (and in the case of Super Heroes, were significantly less successful than anticipated).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

More Chima ultrabuilds would be great. They could even reuse some of the molds from previous ones in new colors for characters like Windra, LaGravis, and Crooler. However, I don't know how likely that is, especially since most of the characters from those six tribes, other than the "main characters" already featured, seem to have less significant roles next year.

More Super Heroes ultrabuilds would also offer a lot of potential for new designs, but as Lyi said, I don't know how well they sold the first time around.

Star Wars is one of those things I wish were possible. I'd love to buy a constraction set of Darth Vader, or Boba Fett, or a Stormtrooper, or C-3PO. Even characters like Chewbacca might be possible with some of the more organic-looking detail elements like the ones from the Chima constraction sets. But sadly, Hasbro still has an exclusive license to produce Star Wars action figures, which they've kept a tight grasp on since they acquired Kenner.

Out of other current themes, hard to say. Ninjago would be a real challenge since all of the Ninja costumes have had at least some textile-based component. The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit could do that for giant/creature characters like the Balrog or the Ents, but chances are a System approach would allow for more detail and a more versatile building experience, especially with so many different kinds of joints being available in System. Ninja Turtles could work quite well, but personally I have no interest in that theme, though I don't think it's a bad theme by any stretch of the imagination. Castle could maybe be cool?

At any rate, I don't have a whole lot of ideas that I'd really like the LEGO Group to pursue. Then again, if they DO release any other constraction sets for existing themes, maybe they'll appeal to me in a way that catches me by surprise.

Star Wars would be an awesome idea, if not for the licensing complications. A Cuusoo proposal for that very thing has already been taken down, so there's really no chance at Star Wars Ultrabuilds until at least the next time Lego and Lucasfilm work out a new licensing contract (which could be years from now).

Other that Star Wars, I can't think of many existing themes that would be well-suited to action figures... I don't see Ninjago working that well for it, and while it could be neat to see more Chima or Super Heroes Ultrabuild sets, they've already been done (and in the case of Super Heroes, were significantly less successful than anticipated).

I do remember about the Cuusoo thing about the Star Wars Ultrabuild and i agree of not seeing a Ninjago Untrabuild, well i use to think it be a good idea but then i now think it will be a really bad idea and Galaxy Squad be a lot better because with the 4 robots.

Maybe some more Marvel Ultrabuilds would be cool. I'm talking Spider-Man and some of his friends/foes, more Iron Man-type suits, Deadpool, and more. I can totally see Deadpool as an Ultrabuild, and LEGO could've made it happen.

Ninjago isn't the worst theme for Ultrabuilds (I can kinda picture it), but they'd better not make them in unmasked form. That wouldn't be as cool.

I can see more room for Chima Ultrabuilds. They could do Shadow Wind if possible and even do more characters next year.

Not much to suggest, but I'm just suggesting what I think will look good.

mindeth the cobwebs

Maybe some more Marvel Ultrabuilds would be cool. I'm talking Spider-Man and some of his friends/foes, more Iron Man-type suits, Deadpool, and more. I can totally see Deadpool as an Ultrabuild, and LEGO could've made it happen.

Ninjago isn't the worst theme for Ultrabuilds (I can kinda picture it), but they'd better not make them in unmasked form. That wouldn't be as cool.

I can see more room for Chima Ultrabuilds. They could do Shadow Wind if possible and even do more characters next year.

Seeing more Marvel Ultrabuild be good and i do love to see Deadpool, War Machine and Wolverine as Untrabuild (Maybe with Wolverine, we get to see Nuparu Inika Claws again or something new that is like his clews)

With Ninjago i don't see it working out but yes if they are unmasked that wouldn't be cool. Seeing Chima Ultrabuilds would be alright and i do like to see Shadow Wind as a Ultrabuild along with Bladvic and Rogon.

Seeing more Marvel Ultrabuild be good and i do love to see Deadpool, War Machine and Wolverine as Untrabuild (Maybe with Wolverine, we get to see Nuparu Inika Claws again or something new that is like his clews)

With Ninjago i don't see it working out but yes if they are unmasked that wouldn't be cool. Seeing Chima Ultrabuilds would be alright and i do like to see Shadow Wind as a Ultrabuild along with Bladvic and Rogon.

Ehlek's claws resemble Wolverine's claws a lot, but they need design edits.

Ninjago Ultrabuild is a major long-shot, but I'm willing to bet money that they'll make more Chima Ultrabuilds.

mindeth the cobwebs

Seeing how less than stellar the Marvel ultrabuilds turned out, I'm not sure if other humanoid ones (Star Wars, Ninja figures) would turn out much better. Unless they were designed like the Knight's Kingdom figures, which looked half way decent (example). Personally I'd be just fine with more Chima ultrabuilds. Now that we have rhinos and spiders and scorpions and such there's no reason not to, anyway. Really any other line that involves monsters or robots in some way could easily have an ultrabuild component. The next question is if those ultrabuilds are necessary for the line, though in most cases they probably aren't. As someone else stated above, the system build is sufficient enough, and in some ways better, for producing larger figures.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

• 3 weeks later...