Will Bionicle Get Re-Introduced With New Build?

Devorath

I doubt Bionicle will be built new-style due to aethestics, Glatorian and Matoran will definitely be more of hinder than an aid to their form. Kiina's spikes and Takanuva's Toa Nuva cladding will be a struggle for lego. I will post my MoC's of these sets plus more but sets like Mahri Hewkii, don't bother!Would really like to see your opinion and creation to make this Bionicle world get the upgrade!

DevBannerwithInterests.png

No, I don't think BIONICLE as a theme is coming back. And if it were, I don't think it would be the BIONICLE we remember. BIONICLE is vastly different than a lot of other themes, including Hero Factory and Ninjago which have succeeded it. It had an overarching story which you had to be familiar with to enjoy the theme to its fullest. Hero Factory, on the other hand, has an episodic story which almost always starts with the same situation (the Heroes have succeeded in their last mission, an emergency happens, and the Heroes have to face that emergency). It's a lot easier to jump in at any point, unlike BIONICLE where you needed at least a marginal knowledge of the theme's backstory to fully understand new plot arcs. BIONICLE was a great theme that took itself very seriously. It had a rich, deep universe and backstory. And frankly, if it were redesigned with an episodic story I think it would lose the very qualities that made it great to begin with. As far as sets are concerned, if BIONICLE were to come back as a full theme, yes, it would probably use the new Hero Factory building system. But it might therefore have to look very different aesthetically than it used to. BIONICLE parts in general often had a framework-like aesthetic, with lots of practical pistons, complex textures, and specialized designs. The Hero Factory parts that currently exist don't tend to fit that aesthetic, and new ones introduced specifically for BIONICLE might lack the same charm as the technically-intricate BIONICLE part designs used to be (plus be less versatile than so many simpler Hero Factory parts). Then again, if BIONICLE came back, it might very easily focus entirely on new characters or new forms of older characters. And since the theme would still be primarily targeting kids rather than adults who had lived through the original theme, people might not care if the designs matched the older ones. Overall, though, I don't think BIONICLE's coming back so this is pretty much a moot point.

If BIONICLE returned, there is no way that they'd go back to the Impulse-and-Inika builds that defined its latter years. With every year that passes, BIONICLE's chances of return, in my mind, go up, but only marginally. The Hero Factory builds are here to stay, no matter what they call it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The Hero Factory builds are here to stay

Sadly.
Do you dislike the building system in general, or just the ways it's been used so far? Personally, I'm a big fan of the new building system's more uniform styles of connection, as well as the simpler part designs. I definitely wouldn't prefer going back to BIONICLE's more Technic-based building system. But I agree it still needs improvement-- TLG hasn't quite hit their stride with designing large-scale sets with this building system, at least not as much as BIONICLE had by 2006. I put up with builds using Fire Lord's design mainly because I'm confident that the more TLG works with that building system, the more ways they'll find to refine it (so far, Black Phantom is still a disappointment in my book because he doesn't really make any huge improvements structurally). Overall, though, this building system has made great strides. For instance, we now have non-specialized bone pieces in a more variable length than BIONICLE had. The same applies for shell pieces, which can be used to add detail to any size of bone rather than having specialized limb pieces with the details set in stone-- err, ABS plastic. If BIONICLE did come back and used the Hero Factory building system, I do not know if the aesthetics of the individual parts could be consistent with the BIONICLE I remember. But I still think it would be far better than bringing back the older building system.

I kinda like the new building system but i like the technic one too. I hope that they don't use the Hero build because it really only works with HF (as seen in the lego super heros) and gives it it's own feel. Theres no telling witch molds will come back because lego has brought back pieces from all over the place (as seen with the kopaka sword from skrall stars, i hadn't seen that peice sense Gako bird.) There's really no telling but i hope old build

naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

No point. As everyone else has already said, Bionicle's return would only continue using the new Hero Factory system, so it would never feel the same. Gone are the days of pins, we're just going to have to accept it. The storyline would return, but again, Lego have spent so long being kid-friendly now, there's no way we could enjoy it as much. And on that note, they'd never have the story in the same universe, due to all of the backstory that would need to be explained, so there's no point even calling it Bionicle. No, I think it's sad to say, as far as Lego is concerned, Bionicle is dead and not likely to return ever again. As far as film producers are concerned though, any big institutes with lots of money to throw away, give me a call.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

No, I don't think BIONICLE as a theme is coming back. And if it were, I don't think it would be the BIONICLE we remember. BIONICLE is vastly different than a lot of other themes, including Hero Factory and Ninjago which have succeeded it. It had an overarching story which you had to be familiar with to enjoy the theme to its fullest. Hero Factory, on the other hand, has an episodic story which almost always starts with the same situation (the Heroes have succeeded in their last mission, an emergency happens, and the Heroes have to face that emergency). It's a lot easier to jump in at any point, unlike BIONICLE where you needed at least a marginal knowledge of the theme's backstory to fully understand new plot arcs. BIONICLE was a great theme that took itself very seriously. It had a rich, deep universe and backstory. And frankly, if it were redesigned with an episodic story I think it would lose the very qualities that made it great to begin with.

But they could just start it out 130,000 years ago or something, or possibly 11,000 AGC, and they can just say something about the four main races, Toa, Matoran, Glatorian, and Agori. And it could have one big story, but if it's like a new chapter or something, they could make it so that you need no knowledge of Mata Nui, metru Nui, Atero, etc.

As stated, I believe that it would only come back to ruin its image :\ Anyway, my thoughts on the idea would be a big fat NO. They new build was made for hero factory, and fits with it. I really cannot see toa going around with this build. Anywho, they'd simply run out of idea for how to make them. Look at the 3.0. Same thing as 2.0, but slightly different at the same time. You see, there's only so much one can do with these parts.

doom4revalt.png

As stated, I believe that it would only come back to ruin its image :\ Anyway, my thoughts on the idea would be a big fat NO. They new build was made for hero factory, and fits with it. I really cannot see toa going around with this build. Anywho, they'd simply run out of idea for how to make them. Look at the 3.0. Same thing as 2.0, but slightly different at the same time. You see, there's only so much one can do with these parts.

Look at the Toa Nuva. Same thing as the Toa Mata, but slightly different at the same time. There was only so much one could do with those parts. But that's not equivalent to a death sentence for the theme-- any theme with the potential for success can adapt to take better advantage of its design assets.

I'm pretty sure Bionicle will have new building styles when it comes back. No doubt Matoran and Toa of other builds exist, and OoMN members and Dark Hunters can adapt to anything. The only issues will be Skakdi, Glatorian, Agori and Skrall. We only know the Inika/Avtoran build versions of them, and it'll be difficult to make them in any other forms.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

If the series were ever to be reintroduced, I imagine Lego would take its cues from whatever the latest HF builds look like at that point.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

If there were to be re-released, I'd sadly say yes.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Or, you know, if it's far enough down the line, it'll end up having whatever action figure style is around then. I think it could pull off using the 2.0 system, though. Most waves of six had the same design repeated throughout (especially later on), so it's not like there would need to be a whole lot of new molds after a while. Still, I guess it begs the question as to how the figures would look just having the skeleton pieces one color and the cladding another, but considering HF's doing well, I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

plop

My hope is that, when I grow up, I will see my kids play with the next round of BIONICLE. From what I've seen with 4.0, TLG is resorting to using more and more system and technic bits in Hero Factory. I hope that eventualy they will introduce a new system with the same basic skeleton-and-cladding format but more pin and axel connections where the center ball joint used to be. Ideally, new BIONICLE will be based off of this system. Realistically, I imagine BIONICLE will be pulled out in the distant future as a nostalgia-based special-edition set or promo stuff, like the vintage minifigs they give out for Bricktober.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible. Beyblade got a remake and I never thought I would see those again. The one problem is that the remakes do not look like the original ones. Therefore, my main fear with bionicle being remade is it will be nothing like the original. I think that if enough people really want it back it will come back. I just hope they can find a good balance so it is not so wildly different it loses its feel as a bionicle series, or becomes so repetitive it gets boring.

My fear is that if BIONICLE returns, they wont look the same way. I swear if they come back and have some sort of dumb hero factory core like piece im not gonna buy them..

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'd almost rather not have Bionicle come back than have it come back with Hero Factory builds.

Just because my sig is confusing Doesn'tmean it doesn't seem strangely awesome. how will you read this when it is invisible? But now you won't get just bits and pieces of something, then it would be something completly different.? Just highlight it to reveal the secret! It can be quite interesting...

~Power of Gresh~

If you can solve the Rubik's Cube in under a minute, PM me!

If Bionicle were to come back, I hope LEGO would give it a story again (I don't call 2009-10 a good story). I somewhat hope that the new Bionicle would use some of the Hero Factory pieces, yet still have some technic parts (like Bionicle did).

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I think if Bionicle were to return, they might have to restart the story to draw in new fans. I am having trouble picturing a HF set that could look like a Toa Mata, so it could mean a lot of new parts that are compatable with the new build, or *shudder* a total redesign in old characters.But if it would turn out how I would like, Lego would realize that Bionicle is marketed to a higher age group than HF, and give us builds with more complexity and smaller pieces.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

For Lego, Action figure designs are like car chassis'. There are ones for big cars, midsize, compact, subcompact, and lots in between. However, since it's cheaper to have the least possible, HF is probably going to natrually evolve on the track it's on now: simplification. Creating a spinoff action figure design that is more technic oriented/Bionicleish would be like going from a Corrola to an airplane. In other words, Lego isn't going to dole out the cash necessisary for designing a whole new complex figure for a defunct line revivle when they already have a perfectly good, simple, and cheap one that obviously seems to sell just fine. Personally, I hope that if Bionicle comes back it will be more of an 'exclusive' copy of older sets, similar to the special edition box sets of old minifigure designs, along with some countinued story hopefully.