• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

We'll Run Wild Oh, We'll Start Glowing In The Dark

takanuva photography bionicle stars film photography

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Ball Pit Overlord

• 1,490 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 11:04 PM

(click for larger version)Posted ImageEnlarged 35mm film negative, printed on 8"x10" gelatin silver paper This was the third printing of this I did. I had to develop four or five rolls last term for a project, so I did a good amount of one roll posing my Takanuva Stars set and some masks I had.Comments and constructive criticism welcomed.

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

Posted Image

--> Newest MOCs: Boston Marathon & Easter Bunny <--

Posted Image "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty Posted Image

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,264 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 11:21 PM

I am by no means a professional photographer, and I admittedly know little about it, but this is ... really interesting. The mask and weaponthings (I have no idea what they're really called), the only silver parts, seem to be more in focus than the rest of the set. Really a nice look there, makes him seem bigger than he really is. I also like the black-and-white and "dirtiness" to the look. (I hope you know what I'm talking about when I mention "dirtiness" ... like fuzz around the image, like a restored old movie?) Yeah. I like that. It holds great appeal to me for some unfathomable reason ...

sdadcomedy.png

#3 Online Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Invading

• 10,227 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 03:48 AM

I think Sumiki means he likes the graininess ^^The Monochrome looks is definitely working for Taka here, as is the small aperture, it adds a lot of depth and almost gives it a feeling of motion. Great shot ^^

smaugbanner.jpg

#4 Offline Plague

Plague
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 07:00 AM

I like how you made the eyes tranparent! The monochrome really works here, seeng as most of Takanuva's colors are a shade of white.

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/67904 < My Mocpages! :biggrin:

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! > http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

Posted Image

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT! :P

#5 Offline Soaring Strawberry

Soaring Strawberry
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 281 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 07:31 PM

I like the focus on the mask, it just looks cool in general

banner_offline_-_copy.jpg

#6 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,959 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2011 - 11:46 PM

How did you get the silver parts to be focused on more? I'm never able to do stuff like that.

webmaster.png

#7 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Ball Pit Overlord

• 1,490 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 02:12 PM

How did you get the silver parts to be focused on more? I'm never able to do stuff like that.

There is this magic thing called knowing how to use your camera and this other magic thing called manual focus. I changed the depth of focus to be a very narrow area while making sure the mask and weapon were lined up together to be in focus. It's quite simple when working with a SLR camera.

I like the focus on the mask, it just looks cool in general

Thank you!

I like how you made the eyes tranparent! The monochrome really works here, seeng as most of Takanuva's colors are a shade of white.

I didn't make the eyes transparent. That is just how that light neon yellow is rendered on black and white film.

I am by no means a professional photographer, and I admittedly know little about it, but this is ... really interesting. The mask and weaponthings (I have no idea what they're really called), the only silver parts, seem to be more in focus than the rest of the set. Really a nice look there, makes him seem bigger than he really is.I also like the black-and-white and "dirtiness" to the look. (I hope you know what I'm talking about when I mention "dirtiness" ... like fuzz around the image, like a restored old movie?) Yeah. I like that. It holds great appeal to me for some unfathomable reason ...

I believe you are referring to the grain caused by the silver in the 400 ISO film, as well as a bit of after printing spotting I had to do due to dust in the enlarger. I wish I could get some 100 ISO 35mm film, as that would lend less graininess to the image.Thanks guys and gals! :)-Nukaya

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

Posted Image

--> Newest MOCs: Boston Marathon & Easter Bunny <--

Posted Image "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users