• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga on iTunes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,280 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 11:25 AM

The Force Is Strong With This Game
Remember the <a href='http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/star-wars-saga/about/screenshots/xbox-360'>LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga video game</a> that was first released in 2007 for consoles? After being released on Windows in 2009 and on Mac in 2010, it now gets a new release as an iOS app. The app takes up 793 MB, requires iOS 6.0 or higher and runs on iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. <a href='https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/lego-star-wars-complete-saga/id727420266?mt=8'>It's free</a>, so the Dark Side of the Force must be truly strong in you if you don't give it a try.

View the full article

#2 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,098 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's great to be playing this again! I have an iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod Touch, and it's fairly playable, despite being older hardware. It will drastically slow down at times, but it's nothing absolutely major. Hopefully they can optimize it a bit better for newer devices, since it appears to be the wii version, complete with its low resolution.

- Tanma Dude

#3 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:32 PM

Wow, free??

I own both I and II on GameCube, and the Complete Saga on Wii, but I might as well get this then.

#4 Online Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:10 PM

Free? Seems almost too good to believe. I would get it on my ipod, but 800mb is too much.

#5 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members

• 1,076 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm going to download this right away.

Unbelieveable that it's free, though.

EDIT:

Ah, now I know the catch. Only Episode I is free. You have to buy the others through in-app purchase.

And for some reason you need a device with a gyroscope (?).

Edited by Master of all Kopekes, Dec 12 2013 - 03:19 PM.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#6 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,187 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:31 PM

EDIT:

Ah, now I know the catch. Only Episode I is free. You have to buy the others through in-app purchase.

I was going to say, it's an obvious con!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#7 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 554 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 04:36 PM

EDIT:

AWwww.. Still great, though. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#8 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,993 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 05:26 PM

EDIT:

A gyroscope is a sensor for the phone's orientation. I'm not familiar with the game controls, but it seems logical they'd use that.

-Gata signoff.png

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#9 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members

• 1,076 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, I know what I gyroscope is. I'm just puzzled why they need that for the game.

ezgif-save.gif

#10 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,769 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 08:12 PM

Why can't they put all episodes in and charge it for just a few dollars? Just doesn't seem right to me... I know it's just a ploy to get more money, but this is a little cruel.

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#11 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 739 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 11:36 PM

You can get the entire game for $15 in one in-app purchase. Plus it is linked to your iTunes account, so no chance of losing it in case of an accident. In case anyone is wondering, it is the same version as the console one, not the DS one.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#12 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 327 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 12:37 AM

Although I already played the game in Wii, but I did download the app version of it because I would like to experience playing this version. I liked the Wii version of the game, so I will try liking the app version of it. And I think buying the app for free is good.:) It's unlike the Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and Lego The Lord Of The Rings apps, which cost $5.00 each.:(
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#13 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 10:27 AM

I think the concept of offering the app for free and charging for the later episodes is a sound one, and one I've taken advantage of for other games. It basically allows users to take the game for a test drive before spending money on it, which is a valuable asset for console ports since not all games make the touchscreen-only transition well.

The main reason I haven't gotten it is that I've already played through it for Gamecube/Wii (I forget which), and I have plenty of games on my iPhone that I have yet to play (Ghost Trick and Shantae: Risky's Revenge, among others).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#14 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members

• 1,076 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 11:17 AM

$15 for all the episodes seems like a bit much though. All the other ones have been $5 for the whole thing.

And I would prefer to buy something in the App Store itself than through an in-app purchase.

ezgif-save.gif

#15 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 146 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 03:08 PM

so the Dark Side of the Force must be truly strong in you if you don't give it a try.

...So apparently BZPower thinks that those on the Dark Side are [wow don't bypass the filter please -HH]?

Edited by Hahli Husky, Dec 13 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 06:37 PM

So, basically, this download is a demo for the relatively inexpensively priced full game, which contains none of the "pay 99 cents for invincibility" garbage that has invaded so much of the mobile sector. Color me relieved. 

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#17 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,010 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2013 - 09:24 AM

I got really excited, downloaded it, and then realized that to do anything other than play Episode 1 you had to buy "bundles".

I dunno, maybe I'd be less disappointed if the developer had at least called it a demo or made the whole thing cost money up front or something instead of leading everyone to believe it was a free game.   

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users