LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga on iTunes

The Force Is Strong With This Game

Remember the <a href='http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/star-wars-saga/about/screenshots/xbox-360'>LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga video game</a> that was first released in 2007 for consoles? After being released on Windows in 2009 and on Mac in 2010, it now gets a new release as an iOS app. The app takes up 793 MB, requires iOS 6.0 or higher and runs on iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. <a href='https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/lego-star-wars-complete-saga/id727420266?mt=8'>It's free</a>, so the Dark Side of the Force must be truly strong in you if you don't give it a try.

View the full article

It's great to be playing this again! I have an iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod Touch, and it's fairly playable, despite being older hardware. It will drastically slow down at times, but it's nothing absolutely major. Hopefully they can optimize it a bit better for newer devices, since it appears to be the wii version, complete with its low resolution.

- TD

I'm going to download this right away.

Unbelieveable that it's free, though.

EDIT:

Ah, now I know the catch. Only Episode I is free. You have to buy the others through in-app purchase.

And for some reason you need a device with a gyroscope (?).

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

EDIT:

Ah, now I know the catch. Only Episode I is free. You have to buy the others through in-app purchase.

AWwww.. Still great, though.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

EDIT:

A gyroscope is a sensor for the phone's orientation. I'm not familiar with the game controls, but it seems logical they'd use that.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

You can get the entire game for $15 in one in-app purchase. Plus it is linked to your iTunes account, so no chance of losing it in case of an accident. In case anyone is wondering, it is the same version as the console one, not the DS one.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Although I already played the game in Wii, but I did download the app version of it because I would like to experience playing this version. I liked the Wii version of the game, so I will try liking the app version of it. And I think buying the app for free is good.:) It's unlike the Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and Lego The Lord Of The Rings apps, which cost $5.00 each.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I think the concept of offering the app for free and charging for the later episodes is a sound one, and one I've taken advantage of for other games. It basically allows users to take the game for a test drive before spending money on it, which is a valuable asset for console ports since not all games make the touchscreen-only transition well.

The main reason I haven't gotten it is that I've already played through it for Gamecube/Wii (I forget which), and I have plenty of games on my iPhone that I have yet to play (Ghost Trick and Shantae: Risky's Revenge, among others).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So, basically, this download is a demo for the relatively inexpensively priced full game, which contains none of the "pay 99 cents for invincibility" garbage that has invaded so much of the mobile sector. Color me relieved.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I got really excited, downloaded it, and then realized that to do anything other than play Episode 1 you had to buy "bundles".

I dunno, maybe I'd be less disappointed if the developer had at least called it a demo or made the whole thing cost money up front or something instead of leading everyone to believe it was a free game.

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"