Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Veros

And yet…I didn’t say anything, continuing to walk. We reached the edge of the jungle, and I looked up into the trees. They weren’t as tall as the jungles of Le-Koro, but still rose into the sky. Something came over me. I couldn’t understand what it was, but I just wanted to. My slow pace increased and I broke into a run, leaving Atonal behind me as I blazed into the forest. There was a worn path, but I diverged from it, leaping on top of a moss-covered boulder, and without missing a beat, I grabbed a branch and swung on it, launching myself upwards into the trees.

I landed on a branch midway up a tree. I could see Atonal walking through the woods still, easy to spot due to his white coloration. I smiled and went back to climbing the tree, reaching its apex and leaping from it to another, taller tree. I shimmied up, finding handholds and footholds as best I could. I was just about at the top when the branch I grabbed broke off as I pulled myself up. I started to fall, my heart racing, but I blinked out of existence, reappearing safely in the canopy of the tree. I was near the top of the trees. I searched around, looking for a taller tree to get to the top. There was one not too far from the nest I was in. An easy jump. I tested one of the thicker branches carefully. It held my weight. I sprinted and leapt, my arms flailing. I caught a vine and swung to the tree, right up into another nest below the forest canopy. My smile grew wider, and I leaped out of the trees, boosting my launch with a quick teleportation.

I was above the forest. The air felt good. After so much time in the frozen wastes of Ko-Koro, and the humidity of Ga-Koro, the lighter air was welcome.

This is what I should’ve done a long time ago. A free-run in the jungle to the top. Like I used to do with my friends…

I dropped out of the sky, back down towards the forest. I spread out my poncho, using it to slow my descent. I fell through the canopy, and blinked out existence, landing safely on the forest floor. I let myself fall back against the tree, throwing back my hood as I panted heavily. But yet, I felt fulfilled. I gazed up at the forest, rays of sunlight filtering through the leaves giving the forest an ethereal feel. I pulled out the mask fragment, rubbing it between my fingers. You’d want this, wouldn’t you, Lara? For me to be unburdened? I…I hope this makes up for it. I leaned back on the tree and closed my eyes, waiting for Atonal to arrive, a smile on my face.

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

"I learned a few tricks here and there," I replied, grinning. "But I'm not a Le native. Ta-Koro. Born and raised. Though I've always had an affinity for climbing and exploring. While other Matoran were lava surfing, I was the one finding the fastest way to the top of the Koro, or roofhopping to the guard towers. Or using my kolhii stick as a pole vault. Anything to get higher and higher." I put away Lara's mask fragment and glanced around, finding a rock the size of my fist. I let plasma flow through my fingers and rolled the rock in one hand until it went from misshapen to a perfect sphere. I let the energy leave all but two of my fingers and started carving away at the sphere. "Call it a quirk I suppose. I remember going on excursions to the jungle to explore. It's like, a second home to me. It made me feel...free."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Echelon)

Echelon smiled approvingly as Ketan gave his speech.

"You speak with the wisdom I hoped you possessed, Ketan," the Dark Toa replied. "I am not easily impressed, but I say again, what you have achieved in this village is quite beautiful. The Matoran are enthralled. This is a victory even greater than what was recently achieved in Pala-Koro - I'm sure you heard the news - and it proves to me that you are what I have been waiting for for a long time."

At that moment, Echelon noticed movement in the shadows at the corner of the room as one of the beings stepped forward - revealing the powerful pair of wings on her back. Even Zadron breathed in audibly in shock.

"I wonder...what you think you can accomplish here. We already own this village; there is little you can do about that; and you might serve the dark one but that doesn't make you our master or commander, let alone mine." As she spoke she took deliberate steps forward, a step after each phrase. "Whatever higher calling you think you have was flushed away when you said you found us here by chance. You're obviously here on your own accord and whatever you are here to do is either a trivial chat or better help us and make every matoran here be a dominated shamble."

She stood close to Echelon then and looked down at his putrid and toxic-looking armor and put a thin clawlike finger on his upper arm. She slid her finger up onto his shoulder and then his neck as she conjured an animalistic smile on her self-assured face. "And no matter which one that is I will not be impressed." Her finger paused at his neck artery as she held Echelon in a lock of wits.

"Anthyn. Valkyr," she introduced herself.

Echelon met Anthyn's gaze levelly.

"A Valkyr, indeed you are..." he mused. "Your kind is one of the few I have never had the privilege to study..."

Even as Anthyn's finger traced Echelon's neck, she felt her armour vibrate slightly as magnetism touched it - as much of a gentle threat as the Valkyr's physical one.

"Fear not, Anthyn, I have no desire to seize or undo your control here. And while it was by chance that I found you, it was not by chance that I sought you. For two months, I was trapped in ice in Ko-Wahi, until two foolish Matoran stumbled across me and unwittingly released me from my chill prison. Not long after my escape, the Dark Lord granted me a vision. He implanted images, locations, names into my mind and gave me a task: to unite the beings I had seen into an army. It was this army that marched on Pala-Koro two days ago. But of the groups I was shown, there was but one I did not find. Yours. But now I have."

Anthyn found her hand gently but inexorably forced away from Echelon, and the Dark Toa flexed his shoulder where her iron grip had held it.

"You see, there are a great many beings on this island who follow Makuta, but the majority of them are little more than grunts. Pawns, only capable of moving forward one square at a time. Others are more intelligent, but often lack the power or initiative to act without being directed. But you..."

Echelon raised his arms, as though welcoming the gathered Daedra.

"You are as Makuta's forces should be. Strong. Cunning. Powerful. Of your own accord, the seven of you have already subjugated a village! Ga-Koro is in your sway, but this is just the beginning. You have my attention, and with time, you will gain that of our Master. I am here to congratulate you, to guide you if need be, and to aid you how I may. And with his good grace, I may serve as a medium between you...and Makuta."

He appraised Ketan.

"Your words might befit Pride, or your demeanour Sloth," he said, "but I look into your eyes and I see who you really are, 'Ketan'. That is not your true name, not any more. For now I know that the man standing before me is Greed."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: [Jaliax Sisters]

Although living mostly alone in a secluded hut along the beaches of Ga-Wahi had its benefits, there was a certain something that was lacking. To the Twenty-Eighth, one of the youngest of the Jaliax Sisters, this was companionship, and having grown up in a rather lively household, being all alone was a feeling that seemed to carve open a yawning pit within her heart.

She did not show her feelings of loneliness to anyone else, possessing the trademark stubbornness of her family. If there was one thing she hated, it was people fussing over her and trying to help. The snarky Matoran of Water despised it when people tried to help; they would get things wrong all the time. Help was not something she really required - she could deal with her loneliness herself.

There was a certain irony to her view on such things, especially including the fact that she was not actually alone within her small hut on the beach. Being one of the few capable of rational thought in her family, she had been tasked with being the jailer for her older sister, Jaliax the Eighth. Ever since the incident all those years back, her sibling had lost most semblances of reality, locked into a strange murderous trance. It was decided for the safety of the rest of the village that they would keep Eight in check, and she had been chosen for the duty.

She could clearly remember that day; it was hard not to, especially the screaming match between the First and the Thirteenth ... no, Treize. It had been a rather loud discussion, and she was pretty sure the neighbours had heard it as well - they were still probably confused by the screams and mentions of morality and the like. However, the First, who had not wanted the Eighth to be locked up, was outvoted by her fellow sisters, most of whom had decided to follow Treize's view.

The Twenty-Eighth had been quiet the entire time, which was probably why she had been chosen to take care of Eight.

"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence" indeed.

Shaking her head, the Ga-Matoran stopped her pondering and headed towards the small room which could be classified as a living room if one were to squint slightly. Standing around so much without any patients to treat brought to the doctor many pangs of loneliness, and that was something she did not want to really deal with.

"aGaIIN UUr tHIHNking?" asked a cracked and pained voice.

It was rather strange how her older sister knew where she went in her house, but she assumed that staying all alone in a small cell underneath a small hut with nothing but regular meals and some small Rahi would mean that one would develop ways to pass the time.

Like learning how your younger sister moved around through the house.

"Usually I would ask how you would know this," replied the Twenty-Eighth quietly as she sat down in her chair, "but I already know that there wouldn't be a straight answer."

The Eighth's wispy voice returned once more, although now slightly clearer.

"WEaRE nOt So DiFfERREnt. NoMAttER If wEArE ToGEtHer, wE aRe sTiLL AlOnE."

There was always wisdom present in her older sister's words, thought the Twenty-Eighth, but she much preferred the sister with the warm smile who awed her with wise proverbs instead of the poor tortured soul whose harsh truth cut into her - the two would always be alone, as jailer and prisoner, and there would be nothing else for them.

"Yeah," she sighed in admittance. "Yeah, we're alone."

Loneliness was not something one could cure so easily, especially when your only companion in the secluded hut was not one who regularly interacted with you. The two sisters, despite living only mere metres away from each other, were as far from each other as possible in all ways. They would not be able to cure each other's pain and loneliness, and would merely stay in such a state forever.

"Um ... Eight?" asked the younger sister, her voice cracking slightly. "Could ... could you tell me a story? Like you used to do?"

She doubted there would be any reply from the other Jaliax, which was why she was rather shocked when one actually came.

"vERy well," whispered the older sister, her voice trying its best to hide its anguish. "leT me tEll yOu AbOuT sOme SIStErs - sISTerS wHo tHE WOrLd scORned ..."

They would never be able to cure each other's pain and loneliness, but they could try and revisit their happier days.

IC(Mef)

(Ga-Koro near Bounty Office)

"It's just a few blocks down," Mef explains, pointing toward a building a few houses down. The two would soon be there and have a job; Mef was sure of it.

(Jade)

(Ga-Koro Beach)

Jade leans her head against Fleron and lets out a small sigh.

"Thank you Fleron," Jade says, simply. "I know all of this must be very annoying for you. I've just been very confused about things the past few days," the Toa explains.

But, you're making things better, Fleron.

-Mef Man

IC(Mef)

(Ga-Koro near Bounty Office)

"It's just a few blocks down," Mef explains, pointing toward a building a few houses down. The two would soon be there and have a job; Mef was sure of it.

-Mef Man

IC: Murcurius near Bounty Office

"Ok then, let's go." said Murcurius.

-HDXC2000 5.0

OOC: Lekori and Cael from Onu-Wahi…

IC: The Toa and Matoran trekked across the plains and over the rolling hills with no troubles or incidents whatsoever. The sun shone as bright as it did when Lekori ran through this route before. Now though, he could smile knowing that Wokapu would recover and the two could begin searching for Wokiya.

“I feel I must express my apologies for the lack of transparency throughout this whole ordeal,” Lekori said to the Toa of Water, “I was just afraid that you’d want to have nothing to do with a man even remotely connected to the Makuta’s shadows”

Lekori and Cael were now passing through the cliffs that led to the beach across from Ga-Koro. As soon as they passed, the welcoming structure of the gate was presented to them.

“Know this, however, what you did back in that Kofo-Jaga Nest was courageous, noble, and impactful. Wokapu really is the only one who can bring down this organization that aids the Makuta. Though I know it won’t be easy for us, I do believe that Wokapu and I can achieve our goal and do this island some good”

The two Ga-Matoran guards at the gate nodded warmly as Lekori and Cael passed through; She was finally back home.

“I don’t know if we’ll ever see each other again,” Lekori said to Cael, “IS there anything else before we say our good-byes?”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Cael)

The healer's golden eyes bore into Lekori's own.

“Only one thing,” she replied at last. “Tell Wokapu, when he wakes... that Mata Nui does not create unqualified Toa. There are only those who fail... and those who choose to redeem themselves.

“I hope he is one of the second.”

The healer bowed slightly, breaking their shared gaze. “Thank you for guiding me back. I know you must want to go back, so don't let me keep you. Mata Nui protect you on your return.”

Turning to face the centre of Ga-Koro, Cael paused, then looked back over her shoulder, the afternoon sunlight casting her face into shadow. “I hope we see each other again. Spiritspeed, Lekori.”

And then the healer was gone, walking back into the village she called home.

I finished carving the rock, the lines on it glowing slightly with power. I blew on it to cool it slightly, and glanced up at Atonal. “I guess I always wanted to touch the sky,” I said wistfully, looking up at the densely packed forest. “To fly ever higher and reach the sun. The true source of fire, and bring it down for all to see.” I chuckled darkly. “You wouldn’t believe the disappointment. A Kualsi? Me? I laughed at the thought. I wanted a Miru. So I could fly to the top of Mangai, and see everything on the island.” The rock had finished cooling and I tossed it over to Atonal. “I remember it, trying to get up Mangai as best I could with a mask of quick travel. It worked…and there I was high in the air above Mangai. I could see the whole island. And any thoughts I had on not having a Miru disappeared. I was still free. The limits were my imagination.” I closed my eyes, my smile widening at the fond memories. “That was the first thing I did when I became a Toa.”

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Baranx For.. lunch? "I think she means to go knocking at doors, but if you're really that hungry, go ahead""A seductress, huh? This is going to be... interesting"

IC: Feran"Haha, no, I'm not THAT hungry. I have some Bula Berries with me. Let's start knocling on doors. Where do we start? That inn?"Feran askeed, as he started to chew on a Bula Berry.O OC: Slow day today on the site, eh?. . . Edited by Norik Astartes

IC: Readra

God, I need to get outside more.

I've been in here writing for weeks, months even. I hardly even eat anymore. I know nothing of days of the week nor weeks of the year. I think I already wrote that somewhere. But I'm not going through that to find whatever rubbish it was. Hardly any of these scrawlings are even finished, just random tidbits and projects I thought I could finish. Who even wants to read any of this, anyway? At least I can feel the daylight I guess, that's always a plu

There was a thud outside, and Readra snapped up like a squirrel, his eyes fixed, unblinking on the door. Once he was satisfied it was simply someone walking by, he bent back over his paper and continued writing, his grip on the charcoal slightly tighter than before.

s. I think such little social interaction could be driving me a little bit insane though; even now the slightest sound from the outside world is making me jump with fright. In fact, what I'm I doing, I should bbee________

A crumpled up piece of paper flew out of Readra's window and landed with a little plop in the ocean beneath the city of lilypads. Inside, Readra leaned back in his chair and covered his face with both hands, dragging them down as if that could clean the lack of fulfilment he felt. He had rented this place to write about morality and other such things before he set off for Ko-Wahi to study in the Sanctum. But after he started writing, he just hadn't stopped. He found there was so much to write about and such little time, and no it was an itch he had to scratch or it drove him insane. Recently he had been trying to avoid it, but it just made his writings more bizarre and pointless.

Now it was night, and he was sitting with his feet kicked up in candlelight in a rented room above an inn. But as he covered his face, his right foot slipped off of his left and the candlestick was knocked from its sconce. It's flame skipped from its perch and danced around the room freely, unhindered by the moisture in the air and carried further by the dust and the tinder which was essentially bursting from the windows.

He felt its heat but didn't react, didn't care. Let it burn.

What's the point?

IC:

Agni turned as the strange feeling washed over him. It was as if the breeze coming in from the sea suddenly made a small jump to the left and then a step to the right. The Toa of fire turned around, just in time to raise his hands as a figure he knew all to well made rapid stop accompanied by loud boom. He raised his hand, covering his eyes against the dust in the newcomers wake. When he lowered it, his eyes grew wide. He knew who was standing across from him all to well. Joske.

But whatever emotion he had reserved for when his protegé returned was gone as soon as he laid eyes on the younger Toa of fire. He was in bad shape. Very bad shape from the looks of it. His armour was missing in a lot of places, just the natural protodermis-covering of his body. And all of it was scratched up. Agni knew a few of those scratches' origins, even being responsible for a few, but the majority of them were new. His mask was pretty scratched up too, as if he had crossed through the undergrowth of the jungles at speeds beyond recklessness. And then there was the frostbite. It would have been bad enough for any other being, but as a Toa of fire Joske probably couldn't feel anything anymore at this point.

A hundred questions popped into Agni's mind. Where'd Joske been, what had he done? Where did the damage come from? What happened to his armour? But still, above all else: What the Karzhani had he been thinking? But none of them would get an answer now.

The two Toa's eyes met briefly, then Josk took a step forward and immediately his knees gave away. Agni instantly stepped forward, catching the falling Toa under the arms and easing him down. Up-close, the damage looked even worse, but from what Agni could tell, the scratches at least were superficial. The frostbite was the dangerous part right now.

Joske's mouth and eyes twitched. He groaned softly as he fought to force out the words. Agni held the back of his head and leaned in a little closer. His friends lips moved again and this time he heard the words.

"Where's... Cael?"

The next moment, Joske's neck-muscles relaxed and his head felt a lot heavier in Agni's hand. He quickly felt for the Toa's pulse. Still there, but pretty weak. No time to waste. Agni slipped his arms underneath Joske's armpits and knees and picked him up. He started running as quickly as he could. "Hang in there, lad. I trained you too darn well to die now."

Agni continued to hurry through the village. Where the Matoran didn't move of their own accord, the Ta-Toa's stern voice made them. He had to get Joske to Cael. But as far as Agni knew, she wasn't even in the village right now. He just hoped the luck Joske seemed to rely on when his cosiderable skills ran out would hold up.

Within about five minutes they reached the pad Cael's hut was on, a little away from where most of the daily activity in the village took place and a good spot for a doctor to have her practice. Agni ran until he was at the doorstep of the building.

Without his hands free, he used his foot to knock against the bottom of the door. But there was no answer. "Cael!?" he called out her name. A few Matoran turned on the adjacent pad, to see what the noise was all about. Still no answer. Agni looked around, a drop of sweat running down his forehead and into his eye. He blinked. No, she wasn't home. Where else could he go now? Back to the headquarter? They had medics and a doctor, but this was taking too long.

No, if nobody else was immediately available, he would have to do what he could. He had been on enough patrols in the distant parts of the charred forrest to know what to do when faced with injury and no better qualified help there.

The Toa of fire took a few steps back, then ran forward, turning on his side so that the triangle of his shoulder faced the door. The lock broke under the impact and the door flew open. He'd repay Cael for the damages later. Moving through the hut, he went to the room where he had first seen Joske as a Toa and placed him on the bed there before starting to dig through Cael's medical supply-closet.

OOC: Hope you don't mind a little property damage, Eyru XD

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Not if you don't mind a wee bit of bunnying. =P

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water strode through the village, eager to get back to her hut and get some rest. The cool sea breeze felt gorgeous after the dark, dank tunnels of Onu-Wahi, but there was only so much it could do to keep her awake. She was exhausted: healing Wokapu had taken a lot out of her, and she'd foolishly made the return journey right after. It was kind of thing she'd scold her patients for doing, but she'd done it anyway.

She'd feel the effects tomorrow, alright: waking up bleary-eyed and hardly able to move. Overexertion was a hard thing to avoid when you were a doctor; all to often, physicians would lose their health in the pursuit of giving it to others.

But what the ocean breeze couldn't do, the sight of her broken-down door certainly did.

Someone had obviously forced their way into her hut, but when? And who? The healer felt an anxiousness settle in her stomach like a lead weight as she hurried towards her hut, outside of which a few Matoran stood, conversing excitedly.

“What's going on?” Cael demanded as she jogged up to the villagers, her professional tone snapping out in full force.

“There're two Ta-Toa in your hut, Cael,” one Matoran replied with a shrug. One was carrying the other; he knocked your door down getting in. Someone went for the Marines, but...”

Two Ta-Toa? One carrying the other?

It didn't take a Turaga to guess which Toa was which.

Dam you, Joske.

“Let the Marines be,” Cael called over her shoulder as she jumped over the wreckage that used to be her front door. The main room was empty, but through the side door she could see a red figure digging frantically through her cupboard of medical supplies. Bursting into the room, she realized it was Agni.

And Joske was lying on the bed.

Great Spirit, no.

His armour was almost completely gone, most of it stripped away, revealing the flesh beneath to be flayed with gashes and bruises. Much of his body looked frostbitten, an especially dangerous condition for Toa of Fire, and what wasn't iceburned was bleeding. His face was a mess of blood and bruises, as though he gotten into a boxing match with a Tarakava (again) and lost (again).

His heartlight still shone, but faintly, dimming and flickering every few seconds, much like it had the first day she'd met him, back when he was just a Matoran. She'd been nervous then, but that was nothing compared to what she felt now.

“Agni,” she shouted, leaning over Joske and beginning to examine the damage. The Toa of Fire whirled around, obviously surprised at the healer's sudden appearance.

“Cael, thank the Great Spirit you're-”

“Shut up and tell me what happened!”

Agni, for a moment, was stricken dumb by the the healer's change in word and tone. She rarely raised her voice, and never had she yelled at him like that. This reaction from the healer only confirmed his suspicions that Joske's injury was serious, perhaps even more serious than he'd thought.

“I don't know; he left a few days ago. He left a note saying he was going to Ko-Wahi. He just got back a few minutes ago, and then he was out cold.”

Cael's heart sank as she examined the unconscious Toa of Fire. She didn't have nearly enough energy to bring him back from the dead like she'd done the first time. Granted, he wasn't dying, but in the condition he was in, that might not be too far off.

There was no time to deliberate; unlike Wokapu, Joske could not wait.

“Agni, heat me some water,” Cael ordered. “Fill the tub in the other room, and don't make it too hot. It It needs to match his normal body temperature.”

The Toa of Fire obeyed, disappearing into the next room. He wouldn't have a problem: he controlled fire, and there was no shortage of water in Ga-Koro.

Turning back to Joske's bed, the Toa of Water unlocked the wheels on the bottom of the bed, allowing it to roll. Moving quickly, she pushed the bed into the next room, where Agni was busy bringing the tub of water to a comfortable temperature. The Two Toa cooperated to pick up Joske and gently place him in the water, where a piece of cloth-wrapped wood kept his head from being submerged, allowing him to breathe.

“The water will slowly warm him up,” Cael explained quickly to Agni. “Bringing any frostbitten tissue back to normal, if it's not too late. Keep the water at the same temperature, but not too hot.”

Her orders given, the healer knelt beside the basin, and closed her eyes. She couldn't allow herself to go into this operation stressed and excited; she needed to be calm and collected.

Inhale.Chest expanding, diaphragm pulling down, lungs filling with air.Pause. Exhale.Chest contracting, diaphragm relaxing, lungs pushing air out.

Stretching out her elemental perception, Cael allowed herself to sense the immense quantities of of water rolling scarce inches below the floor. Opening herself to the ocean was always a humbling, almost frightening experience: the Toa of Water allowed herself to be filled and emptied by the tide. The vastness of the ocean made her feel incredibly small, but as she allowed it to fill her, she felt herself rising, growing, becoming one with the sea. Its power was her power. Its strength was her strength.

Inhale.Chest expanding, diaphragm pulling down, lungs filling with air.Pause. Exhale.Chest contracting, diaphragm relaxing, lungs pushing air out.

Eyes open.

The healer plunged her hands into the warm water, calling upon the power of her mask. The blue Kanohi immediately began to glow, its energies spilling down its bearer's arms and into the water, setting the basin ablaze with a soft, peaceful light.

The warm water was already working gently on Joske's frostbitten body, soothing his ravaged tissues and slowly bringing them back to normal temperature so they could heal. Cael's energies accelerated this process, massaging the Ta-Toa's battered body and driving away the bitter cold.

This was only the first stage in the healing process, but already Cael could feel her energy reserves dropping. The blue light dimmed slightly, then brightened as the healer pushed harder, emptying her energy into the basin of water even as she pulled it from the ocean below. This acting as a conduit of sorts could only last for so long, but for the moment, it was the only way Cael could continue the healing without going unconscious herself.

Moving on to the various wounds that streaked and peppered Joske's body, the healer struggled to pull them closed and stem the blood loss. The water and reawakening tissue had opened some of his cuts, and the Toa had already lost a lot of blood. The azure radiance grew in intensity around each of Joske's major wounds, supplying his cells with energy to repair themselves and bind together over each injury. The Toa of Water could only afford to focus on the potentially life-threatening wounds; the rest would have to wait.

The water, kept warm by Agni, shone with a luminosity that cast ripples of light on the walls and ceiling of the hut. Cael's mask and elemental powers joined together as the Toa poured everything she had into the unconscious Toa before her. It seemed to her agonizingly slow, but she watched as Joske's wounds gradually closed themselves; as the bruises that marked his face faded; as the blood was washed away to reveal vanished gashes and cuts.

At last, she could give no more, not without killing herself. Cael allowed her mask to deactivate, and watched as the sapphire light faded, leaving behind three Toa in the dim light of her hut.

The Ta of Water slumped over, breathing hard, the exertion of two major healings in one day taking its toll on her body and mind. Joske was far from completely healed, but he would live. That was all that mattered. That was all she needed to know as she sank to the ground, struggling to stay awake, but it was a lost cause. She felt herself falling for a brief second before being consumed by darkness.

IC

[Cael's hut; next morning]

My first conscious breath was like breathing in fire.

The pain and the sudden urge to cough not only woke up up fully, but forced me to a sitting position as I gave a few dry heaves, clutching my stomach. The sensation was awful as I did so a few more times, followed by a hack, then a wet cough as a dark mixture of spit, vomit, and a bit of blood spattered on the floor. With a single motion I wiped my mouth with my wrist, breathing heavily as I took in my surroundings. Bed, room, hut, green, familiar...

I was back in Cael's hut. I remember this place explicitly.

My breathing was heavy and rapid as my mind worked in overdrive to piece together recent events... and then make sense of it. The Muaka, the fall, the Company, the fight, the avalanche, the cold-

Cold.

Somehow I had survived... yet again...

The Company. Their mission. My mission!

I stood up, my mind working faster than my body, the weight of what I needed to do and the lack of time to do it in pushing heavily on me, not realizing that I wasn't fully healed.

The prompt and loud crash to the floor more or less proved the point.

It was a few moments before the pain subsided enough for me to take stock of my physical condition, my fingers aiding my mind with my my eyes could not see. The frostbite and cold damage was more or less gone, and my face seemed to be in one piece again. Internally however it was a different story, and my bruises hadn't taken the day off either. On the mend, but not better.

Not good enough.

Rolling over I grabbed the bed frame, using it to haul myself up to my knees. The pain was excruciating, but I'd felt worse. There were more important things are stake than my health, and a few bruises weren't going to slow me down. I had to get those temple crystals, and I had to get them fast; there was already an army after a group of simple matoran, I can't imagine what was going to be sent my way once word reached the darkness that there were now actually Toa involved.

I gritted my teeth as I found myself back on the bed. I was getting used to the pain; grab what I needed and I would be out of here...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC (Cael)

The crash from the next room could mean only one thing: Joske was awake. Consciousness meant it was time to get up and get moving, regardless of what condition he was in.

Cael herself was fine. Agni had moved her to her bed with the help of the Marines that had shown up seconds after she had blacked out. A good night's sleep, and she was back on her feet, though still feeling a bit drained. She was enjoying a quiet cup of tea in the main room of her hut when the telltale sounds of Joske's awakening began to emerge from the next room.

Oh, no you don't.

The healer entered the room just in time to see Joske hoisting himself back into bed. He winced in pain, then caught sight of the Toa of Water in the doorway, and his face broke into a sheepish smile.

Cael refused to budge. Not an inch.

“I don't think so, hotshot,” she said sternly, moving over to the side of the bed. “You're going to stay in bed for at least another day, and you're going to tell me what was so important that it meant ditching Agni and I and almost getting yourself killed. Again.

She pulled up a chair and sat down. The implication was obvious: you better get comfortable, because you're not leaving.

IC

Oh no she didn't.

My smile had vanished as quickly as it had sneaked up on me. I was not about to get another lecture from her, especially on physical limits. I swear I had heard one every day I was here over the last two months; particularly during my training sessions with Agni, about the importance of not pushing myself to hard and proper exercise techniques... I knew what I was doing. I had spent my life in training.

And now she was literally sitting between me and the door. Giving me The Look.

It took me days to figure out what exactly transpired next. Cael was NOT a combatant. Trying to get her to throw a punch or even swipe at someone was like trying to get a Toa of Ice to make fire. It didn't happen; couldn't happen for all I knew. What I do remember is that I tried to get up and move past her - I mean, I had a Kakama, and she was a pacifist doctor; what could possibly happen?

What happened was that I wasn't nearly as fast as I thought I was, and her control over her element was better than I gave her credit for.

The next thing I remember is laying on the bed fully prone, wet and absolutely soaked to the bone, Cael's hand hovering over my chest. I tried to get up, but I was met with a very cold, very hard jet of water, forcing me back down and causing me to cough as I accidentally swallowed some of it. I groaned as I tried to get up a third time, the pain almost making it impossible to move.

After the third attempt met with the same result, I caved.

It was several moments before I was able to compose myself, coughing up water and working through the screaming nerve endings that had decided to revolt. Looking up I saw her face not inches away from mine, her hand on my chest, the look on her face saying that she was done with my antics and shenanigans.

"I WILL tie you to this bed if I have to."

With a sigh of resentment I surrendered, just too hurt, tired, and waterboarded to continue. "You don't... don't understand... " was all I could muster at that moment. How do I tell her? WHAT do I tell her? DO I tell her anything? Nothing? There was... just that... so much had happened in the span of a few days.

I suddenly found myself in an internal struggle to simply tell a good friend what was going on.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC (Cael)

Cael had been hoping that Joske would simply give in to the fact that he was staying in bed for now. Hoping being the key word. Realistically, she knew she would probably need to tie the hotheaded Toa down to keep him from leaving.

She was right.

With a grunt of effort, Joske pushed himself up and attempted to slip past the healer, evidently trusting in his athleticism and his Kakama to get out and away before Cael could stop him. What actually transpired was much different.

As the Toa of Fire got to his feet, the Toa of Water extended her senses into the environment, feeling for the abundant presence of her native element. Water was underneath and all around the village, of course, but it was also in the very air. Ga-Wahi was a wet place, between the humidity and the breezes that stirred up salty spray from the waves.

Her eyes narrowed.

Exerting her will, Cael caused the water in the air to cling together, taking form in large droplets that suddenly appeared all over Joske's body, coating him in a thin layer of water. Before the Ta-Toa could so much as blink, the Toa of Water took control of the liquid and used it to fling him backwards onto the bed.

Joske landed on the sheets, surprised and wet. He looked at Cael in confusion, obviously not comprehending what she had done or how. The healer smirked, but hoped he wouldn't try again. She didn't have enough energy to pull that trick again.

This was Joske. Of course he would try again.

Throwing out her hand to hover over the Ta-Toa's chest, Cael unleashed a jet of water, driving her stubborn patient back down onto the bed. A simple blast of her element was much easier to produce and control than most of the fine-tuned techniques the Toa of Water usually used, but she didn't use them much, simply because she had no need to. A healer didn't need to throw around jets of water; she needed to be able to use her element in subtle and skilful ways.

That said, it was sort of gratifying to do something like this. To forgo the subtle for a moment and just let loose a burst of water, like any Toa would do.

The Toa of Fire lay, stunned, on the bed for a moment, coughing on some water he'd accidentally inhaled. He groaned, but refused to cease his efforts, trying to struggle to his feet one more time. This met with the same result: the healer let loose with a jet of water that blasted him back down.

It took a moment for Joske to compose himself this time. Wiping the water from his eyes, he finally looked up to see Cael's face barely an inch away from his, her golden eyes staring into his own, hand planted firmly on his chest.

“I will tie you to this bed if I have to.”

Joske sighed in defeat and resentment; he obviously hated every moment of inaction, though Cael couldn't interpret why. All she wanted was for him to recover properly; what was so important that he needed to go gallivanting off without giving himself time to recover?

"You don't... don't understand... " he muttered.

Cael was silent for a moment; then she removed her hand from Joske's chest and sat up on the side of the bed, deciding that the possibility of the Ta-Toa trying to escape again was remote enough to let down her guard.

“No, I don't,” she replied gently. “But I'm willing to try. What is it?"

IC:

"You don't... don't understand... "

"And frankly, neither do I." a voice said from the door. Agni was standing there, leaning against the doorframe with his scarf loosely draped over his shoulders. He was looking rather serious, but his eyes betrayed a hint of worry as well. Reckless Joske he knew all too well. Frantic Joske was something new. And he wanted to know what had caused it.

In the room with Cael together that morning, Agni had been sitting on a rather comfortable chair, brooding over the days events as he often did. After all he had had enough time to do so, with both Cael and Joske fast asleep in their respective beds. Which left him to deal with the cleanup and the marines. First he told them what had just happened, about Joske's return and the forced break-in into the healers home. The Matoran understood and offered to get somebody to fix the door, something the Toa gladly accepted. He gave them the report on the dead Toa in the alleway as well, before turning to cleaning up the mess he had made of the healers home.

By the time she had woken up, everything was shipshape and Ga-Koro fashion and her door was good as new. By the time she was up, had checked on her patient and come into the kitchen, he had brewed the both of them some tea for breakfast and quietly taken his seat in the chair. And though he had not been very exhausted-after all, what kind of fire-Toa were you if you passed out after five minutes of running and one heated bathtub?-eventually his head had fallen back against the headrest and he slipped into a light sleep.

One that was suddenly interrupted by the sounds of shuffeling feet and water splashing. He opened his eyes just in time to see Joske, trying to get to get to the door and getting flung back by a sheet of water Cael had formed. He was back on his feet instantly and walked over to the room, evaporating the puddle on the floor while moving, curious to see what kind of trouble Joske was up to now.

The youger Toa struggled for a few seconds, then relaxed, under the threat of restraint. Agni almost chuckled to himself. Tying somebody who wielded fire down with rope was not exactly a guarantee they would stay put, no matter how exhausted. But Joske didn't look like he was going to try and jump out of bed again.

Cael was silent for a moment; then she removed her hand from Joske's chest and sat up on the side of the bed, deciding that the possibility of the Ta-Toa trying to escape again was remote enough to let down her guard.

“No, I don't,” she replied gently. “But I'm willing to try. What is it?"

"I'm rather curious myself." Agni added.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC

[Cael's hut; morning]

Great. Agni was awake too.

I looked at him. The older, larger Toa stood in the doorway, his impressive frame taking up most of the space, arms crossed and eyes hard... if not worried. I guess I couldn't blame him. I disappear for a week leaving only a vague note, expecting him to simply roll with it, only to drop back in his lap looking like Kopaka's punching bag.

My gaze returned to Cael, sitting on the bed next to me. Hers was significantly softer, an expression of concern and a bit of confusions written across her mask. Patching me up had become her full-time occupation, and for the most part I was a good patient. Except right now. I admit I was acting... stranger than usual.

Because nothing in my life was usual anymore.

"Help... help me up."

My request was more in gasps than in a solid sentence. I wasn't about to give a book's explanation lying on my back, especially if I was still coughing up water. Neither one of them moved. Somehow not surprised. Wincing with the pain I groveled.

"Please?"

I saw them exchange nods, then reach down to help me. To their credit they were gentle, lifting me to a sitting position as I tried to ignore the throbbing that seemed to come from everywhere at once. Once my feet touched the floor I leaned forward and gave a few mighty heaves at the floor, finally able to purge the remaining liquids from my lungs. I might not have necessarily looked like it, but I felt like a Ussal-cart wreck, and I pressed my hand to my forehead to help relieve the headache that suddenly decided to join the pity party. It was a few minutes before I could fully compose myself to them, now sandwiched between the two on the bed, allowing me to figure out some way to say what I needed to.

Somewhere between my head and my mouth there must have been a disconnect, because instead when I opened it I spilled the beans. ALL of them.

I started with my sudden urge to travel to Ko-Koro, as if called there by an unknown force, and my days spent in the frozen wastes just wondering and pitting my skills against the local wildlife... not to mention the weather. Then came the Muaka duel, my death-defying leap, the meeting of the Wander's Company, the discovery of their and my destiny via Takua's message-

Here I paused, unable to keep my emotions in check. Takua, my friend, was dead. The one who gave me my powers, the one showed me so many of the wonders on this island, the... up until now there had been so many other pressing issues, so many instant life-or-death decisions that I hadn't had the proper time to think, let alone reflect on this. And now that I did, mixed in with the sheer exhaustion and the "crashed" sensation of going past one's limit... I couldn't hold back any longer. It was like that sensation late at night when you're tired, and things seem funnier than they should, or sadder than they are, when your feelings are hypersensitive and easily triggered.

I wept.

I buried my face in my hands, unable to contain the sobs as I cried for him, a best friend no longer here. I was heartbroken, not used to death. Yes, I was a member of the Guard but I rarely saw action, and I didn't know many of them personally. I played sports, games, and I always won. Always. I wasn't used to losing, and losing close friends was even lower on the list. This... was difficult.

It was several minutes before I could talk again, this time speaking in much lower, meeker tones. Through a broken voice I finished the story, how early the next morning those seeking the Company found us, my attempt to hold them off single-handedly while they tried to get away, how that Makutaspawn of an Ice Toa dropped and avalanche on them, my retreat, then the search... and my suspicions that they somehow indeed got away, despite everything. Simply put I didn't know whether or not they survived, whether or not they got away with the few stones they had - I had simply put a lot of faith in the little ones, knowing that I had a mission just as important as theirs.

Using Agni's shoulder I pushed myself up, grabbing a nearby dresser to stabilize myself. I looked back at the two of them, my face covered with a determined, no-nonsense look. "I don't have a lot of time. The Company is ahead of my in the precious gem count, and whatever is in the Keeping Place they're gonna need to finish their Destiny. I HAVE to get those quickly, and I DON'T have a lot of time. My physical well-being is small berries compared to the fate of the island. If I'm well enough to travel, I'm well enough to do what I need to... not to mention draw as much attention and heat away from them as I can. Seems like I'm already on a good start in that department."

I braced myself against the dressing, painfully taking in a full breath. "You don't have to come with; I fully expect ten times amount the resistance from Makuta's servants than what was following them once He figures out what I'm up to. Or you can help. I don't care either way. Just... don't don't get in my way. Or slow me down. A few scratches isn't worth the chance of losing those matoran, or getting to them too late. This... this is the first real chance we have in over a hundred years to take down the Makuta... "

My eyes grew dark. "And I can't face the chance we failed because of me."

IC: Wokiya - Ga-Koro - southwest area of Town Square

“So that Matoran knows you.” Darien said, not so much as a question really but more of a statement. “Thankfully in my case I don't believe anyone around here would recognize me.”

Darien looked at Wokiya. “Do you want to lay low for a bit? I'm sure we can find somewhere to chill until it gets later in the day.”

“Best idea of the day,” Wokiya replied.

The two decided to head to the southwest area of the village, where the gate rested between two surly Marines. Wokiya continued to glance around her, her once serene security dented and further threatened.

That’s when she saw the first familiar face that she wanted to see.

Wokiya stopped her in tracks on the causeway leading to the gate, Darien behind her and stopping as well. The Ga-Matoran’s eyes gazed forward to the other end, where she could see the back of a Le-Matoran passing through the gate and heading to who-knows-where.

He looked undoubtedly familiar, and he was moving quickly towards the cliffs. Wokiya picked up the pace to nearly a jog, moving briskly across the causeway and through the main gate. The Le-Matoran’s hearing soon picked up on the rapid steps across seaweed and sand and realized that they sounded like they were approaching him.

Lekori glanced behind him out of simple curiosity, not really fearing or expecting anything interesting. However, the Matoran quickly turned around and faced the Ga-Matoran as soon as he recognized her recognizably pleasant face.

“Wokiya?” Lekori asked, almost in disbelief.

His supposition was quickly confirmed by a cross between an embrace and a full on tackle. The Le-Matoran struggled to remain on his feet as Wokiya wrapped her arms around him, bringing her head close to her chest.

“Lekori, it’s me!” Wokiya piped at a million words per minute as she looked up at her friend, “I-I thought… H-h-how…”

Wokiya’s words turned to mindless babble as a thousand questions appeared in her head and all of them were being asked at the same time. Lekori rested his hands on her arms and then rested a single index finger on her lips.

“One question at a time,” Lekori said with soft warmth, following by a soft chuckle.

Lekori let out an exasperated sigh, “I might have as many questions for you as you do for me”

Meanwhile, both Matoran had momentarily completely forgotten about the Toa of Plant life who stood just a few feet away.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: For once, Baruk wasn't shoving a single foodstuff into his mouth. He'd been told this was an important occasion, that he should make himself presentable. Apparently that meant he couldn't eat. He wasn't quite sure how he felt about that, but it didn't really matter. So far, this conversation was only serving to reinforce to him the reasons he didn't usually involve himself in this stuff.

"...I know that the man standing before me is Greed."

"Great," Baruk muttered. "The name game again." Thought we'd gotten this sorted out back in the Islets. Cloaked by the shadows in a corner of the room, the Ba-Toa stood slightly detached from the rest of the Daedra. He doubted his words would reach the ears of this Toa of Magnetism, the one who called himself Echelon, though he didn't much care if they did.

Q2TtLEz.png