Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Tehlin

Sweetheart, I'm hunting soul-sucking demons, "taking it easy" is not in my vocab at this time. She was right, though, and I knew it. Painkillers would help, but they didn't geal injuries, and I would easily just end up hurting myself more. "Best advice I've heard all day, besides that I shouldn't drink," I said.

After a moment, I sighed, and glanced over to her.

"You don't believe me, do you," I said. Now, I had absolutely no idea if she did, or she didn't, but sometimes the most direct questions were the best. "I mean, Karz, it sounds crazy. Angellic protector of Ga-Koro, soul-eating monster."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

agni watched as Joske disappeared. The veteran had not said much since answering the younger Toa's question. He wasn't upset about getting beaten up, he had brought that ipon himself after all. But he held back, so that he could process what had been said. It was just like pysical excercise. You didn't built muscle and stamina while you were in the middle of the workout, you did it in the recovery-phase afterwards. The same went for lessons like the one Joske just had been through. In this case the mind was the part getting a workout and it needed time to process the information and sort itself afterwards. The others knew it too, so nobody spoke until Joske had disappeared behind the bushes.

Agni sighed softly. The kid looked burdened, like he was carrying the whole island on his back. And in a way, that was true. His quest could have dire ramifications if he failed. But for all the responsibility he now carried, they were not meant to be a burden on top of that. Agni knew what it felt like to be in charge of a group and; to be the one looking out for his men, back when he had been a Matoran guardsman. Perhaps Joske felt the same, even though the situation was completely different. He may have been the leader, the one who walked the path of the quest. But they were not so much his disciples, they were his guides...and guardians. That's why Cael and him had come along for this journey and he suspected the same applied to Angelus. He looked at the other Toa of fire.

"Thanks, by the way." Agni said. Angelus looked back at him.

"What for?"

"For stepping in when you did, back on that platform...and for what you told the kid. He's not the only one who's gonna take that lesson to heart. I can teach a lot of things...but not all of them." A weak smile crossed Agni's lips, which were still swollen a bit. The blood on the cut in his lower lip had dried and crusted up since then, but it was still obvious.

Agni reached into the leather-bag hanging from his thigh and produced a small bowl from it which he placed on the ground next to him, as well a thick leaf-made envelope, which held his supply of herbs. He uncrossed his legs and stood up, gritting his teeth and whincing as he did. Obviously the takedown in Onu-Wahi had taken a bigger toll than he had allowed to show up until now. (Hence the stiff walk.) Once he was up on his feet again, he slowly took of his shoulder-pads, before he unclipped his armour carefully, the front and back-half dropping into the grass. In the light of the small campfire, the others could see that, though already healed to a degree by Cael's powers, all the organic parts showing on his torso were bruised, a pattern of black and blue spreading over the muscles. Agni looked from the bowl at his feet to the Toa of water sitting across from the campfire. She probably could fix him up in no time, but he doubted she would feel inclined to, knowing how much she disliked the combat-lessons.

"Cael...could you spare some water? I just need a little to turn the herbs into paste."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Fishing Settlement – Devald

My nose wrinkled as I entered the cabin and the smell of death punched me dead in the nose. I recognized it as soon as I had smelt it. Death was slowly becoming something that I ran into more on the island as my journey continued.

I had started from Ko-Koro and wound up in Ga-Koro of all places. It wasn’t that unimaginable I suppose. Still, the journey had been long and hard. But worth it… Ko-Koro was corrupt and I needed to expose the corruption before it spread. The only way to do that was by gathering evidence which is what I’ve been doing for the past few months. The only reason why I’m in Ga-Koro is because someone told me that the fisherman who’d been living up at the local cabin hadn’t been sending in fish back to the village. While they stayed far away from the village, someone did care about them and they wanted to know if they were safe.

Enter me.

Devald, Ko-Matoran and detective. You see, I’m an investigator of sorts. While I was mostly concerned with bringing down the corrupt forces of the government on Mata-Nui, I also investigated ‘strange’ happenings on the side and got paid for it. I didn’t really do it for the money, though. It made it easier to pay the bills sure, but I did it for an entirely different reason. You see, most people think I’m pretty darn crazy. Truth is told, I agree with them, just I’m not the kind of crazy they think I am. I believed heavily in myths, legends, and of course, conspiracies. For some reason, ever since I had been born in the cold, icy plains of Ko-Koro, I had been partially obsessed with solving mysteries and discovering the truth. Stuff like this just naturally attracted me for some reason. Maybe I had some kind of sick fetish that I wasn’t aware of. To me, it didn’t matter. I was going to find the truth, whether anyone liked or not.

So what was so strange about this case in particular? While it was bad business, a fisherman flaking out on their deals wasn’t exactly unheard of. Most people would just disregard this, but there was something else. You see, people in the settlement close to this could have sworn that they saw… well, a winged Toa flying off into the sunset. Crazy, I know right. So I’d linked the two together which wasn’t exactly that hard to do. They had happened within the same area after all and people were missing. So I knew something sinister was afoot. I just hadn’t prepared myself for this.

After I entered the cabin, I had followed the smell to the point where it got stronger and I eventually arrived in the cabin’s living room. A body lay there on the ground, neck snapped it appeared. I walked over to the body, slowly and lowered myself to the ground. While I was pretty certain whatever or whoever had done this had left, I was a bit worried that it might come back eventually. I did not want to be hear when it got back. Mata-Nui himself knew that I had problems dealing with people, but demonic winged creatures and crazed killers. That was even worse. So I merely studied and looked at how the body was placed. It was near a chair and although his body was tense, I could tell that he hadn’t put of much of a fight. Which meant he probably knew the person. So I was looking at fishermen who had gone mad and murdered each other. Not the craziest thing that could have happened. Then as I entered the hallway I knew that wasn’t the case. The bodies of the other two fishermen lay there. There bodies were intact, it’s just their heads weren’t. The Kanohi of the two men had been cracked into so many pieces that they resembled a puzzle. Then the head itself appeared to be nothing but pudding at this point. I reeled back from the body and simply thought of what I knew.

So I could finally rule out the ordinary fisherman story.

No, Ga-Matoran could have done this. There was something else that I noticed, though. The Matoran’s bodies… there was blood everywhere in the hall, yet at the same time, there bodies did not have any open wounds. Then I noticed the scars. Long scars went down their backs and sides. They appeared to be claw marks of some kind. Yet, they had to have… I cursed and shook my head. This was the work of a Toa and a pretty sick one at that. He had used a Mask of Healing to repair the damage done to the body and then, he’d inflict some more wounds, only to repeat the same action over and over. Hence, the scars on their bodies. It was where the tissue had been repaired, but after a certain point, even the Mask of Healing could not repair the damage.

Still there were was one more mystery he had to figure out.

Where was the fourth body?

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: It didn’t take long for Firion, Virin, and Voutok to find the Vortixx for he stood out amongst a crowd of small blue Matoran like a beanpole. He also awkwardly held Firion’s crossbow in his hand and he walked over to them. He stared down at Firon and Voutok, but Virin was nearly his height. Virin smirked as examined the being. “This must be the ‘Vortixx’ that you spoke of.” He guessed, since he had never seen such a being like this before in his times. “The name is Toa Virin, pleasure to meet you.” He told him, extending a hand.
[OOC: I'm going to take a guess Lenat didn't notice this post. That's fine, I'll just make a mini-post to bring this to more direct attention so I don't have to bug him with a PM like I usually do XD]IC: Voutok; Ga-Koro SquareAs all the introductions were going on, Voutok couldn't help but notice the strange-looking t-shaped contraption Lenat held, most likely the "cross bow" he made for Firion. The design of the device sent some kind of feeling in the back of Voutok's mind. He couldn't quite place what it was, but he felt the feeling was of the same "family tree" as the "visions" that continued to perplex him."Is that...the 'cross bow'? Voutok asked somewhat-reluctantly. He had no clue why it came out like that. Perhaps it was the feeling in the back of his mind. He decided if he was right and this was of the same source as the vision, the best thing he can do is ignore them before they develop into something that ends up giving him a splitting headache.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Savina couldn't help but smile the biggest smile she'd ever made. She went up to her angel and gave her a big hug. "Thank you Anthyn." Without breaking the hug, Savina looked up at Anthyn. "Shall we get started then?"

Ic: "Sure," Anthyn said and patted Savina on the head. "Go get your friend and find your way to Nixie and see if she can help us. I'll find Embok. There's no telling when your ritual will happen, though. It could be tonight, tomorrow or next week, but we'll find a way to make it work.

"And by the way! We'll be having some guests for dinner, more friends of mine. And I guarantee they'll be more talkative than Embok."

IC: Savina - Anthyn's Home, Ga-koro -

"Alright! I'll go fetch him and meet you there!" She said cheerfully, already heading toward the door.

"And by the way! We'll be having some guests for dinner, more friends of mine. And I guarantee they'll be more talkative than Embok."

"Ooooo! I can't wait." She added as she climbed down the ladder, heading back for Tehlin and Liara.

Savina walked up to the doctor's home, Tehlin and Liara would hear a knock on the door. "It's me Savina! I'm back Tehlin!"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sahrea

At that moment, I felt quite stupid. I mean, I'd been traveling with the guy for a while now, burnt down a bar with him, and almost got crushed by an overly-angry Skakdi. And I still had no idea who he was. And he didn't know who I was. Well, there was a slight problem. Slight. Minor.

"Uh," I started slowly, "You know, if I remembered anything, then I'd tell you. But, er... I don't. Think it's called amnesia, or something."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC

[unknown locale; night]

I had wandered off to far.

Bending down I took a drink, cupping my hand to scoop up a small amount of water. I looked around in the moon-lit darkness, realizing that nothing looked familiar. I have have lived here for an extended period of time, and this may have been the smallest Wahi on the island, but that didn't mean you couldn't get lost. Especially in the dark. I sat down on a flat rock, depressed, even the world around me seeming to have the same demeanor - the stars were dim, the few bird calls were low and somber, even the water that flowed beneath my feet seemed melancholy. Add the the fact I was now lost...

Lost in more way than one.

I looked despairingly at the black sky as a grappled with my conscience. As a young matoran I saw the Toa through rose-tinted lenses, believing them to be like the heroes of old; sage, wise, powerful, pure. As I got older I realized that this was not the case, and most Toa you met were NOT the protectors of the little ones, champions of the weak as we were taught. I can only blame myself for this, but once I learned that hard and terrible truth, the betrayal of their morality, I held a slight grudge against them. All of them. There was a certain bar, a set standard I had placed in my mind Toa were supposed to be, and the Toa Code was it. If you did not live up to that, then you were a failure. Wasted potential. Villain. So strong was my worldview that I would go picking fights with Toa just to ram that down their throats, just to prove them wrong.

Then I became one myself.

In my pride, arrogance, and previous scars I took that worldview and pumped it up only an egotistical pig-headed star could, trying to be a moral champion in a fallen world. I was doing the right thing but in the wrong way... I could see it now, in hindsight. I attempted to be the hero I always envisioned Toa to be without truly taking the time to understand what the Code really meant.

Now I wondered... was it worth it? Could it be done?

Was... was the Code worth the effort?

I hugged my knees, staring at the river, no answers coming forth. It was so easy just to throw my hands in the air and say "Screw it", taking what I will and living my life as I saw fit, and if the Code benefited me at the time, so be it; if not, oh well. To take it literally, and the sacrifice it demanded... was something that demanding even relevant?

I didn't know. I just... didn't know.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Sahrea

I glared, and punched his arm for good measure. He actually had me worried for a moment. The brakas, maybe I should punch him again. Forcing down the urge, mainly because (as sad as it sounded) he really was the only person on this island than I sorta knew. "What about you?" I asked.

"Well, unless you've got amnesia too, inwhich case this entire situation becomes waymore awkward than necissary."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Jam with Tuck. =D

IC (Cael)

The fire flickered, now little more than a pile of glowing embers. The other two Toa had long since retired for the night, but Cael remained awake, gazing into the flames with all the intensity of a Toa of Fire.

She was thinking -mostly about Joske, and the situation he'd found himself in.

Angelus' comments had bothered the healer, too. She was a believer in the Toa Code -not to the extenet that Agni was, but a believer nonetheless. Without a moral standard to strive for, Toa were no better than mercenaries or vigilantes. It was the Code alone that gave them something to stand on; it reminded them that their purpose wasn't to win every battle and kill every criminal, but instead to give hope to the Matoran. To protect them, and inspire them.

Having been a Toa for a long time, Cael had thought about these things before, and was able to fit them into her worldview after a little thought. But Joske- he had looked so frustrated and confused when he had slipped away. No doubt, he wanted to find a quiet place to think and be alone, where he could sift through his thoughts in peace.

Despite this knowledge, Cael found herself standing to her feet and silently walking away from the camp, following Jokse's trail into the underbrush. The moon and stars shone brightly, lighting up the landscape in shades of silver, allowing the healer to navigate without stumbling or losing her way.

She walked for a long while, following along a creek that joined a larger river that fed Naho Bay. Her steps made little noise on the dirt and soft plants; her presence hardly disturbed the night.

Where had Joske gone? For all Cael knew, he could have left the river and traipsed off into the jungle. But the healer had a feeling that she would find him here. The Toa of Fire wasn't stupid; he would probably have done his best to provide himself with a way back.

Then, a few yards away, Cael saw what looked like a figure sitting on a stone, looking out over the river.

The Toa of Water cautiously walked up to the silhouette of the Toa sitting on a rock. The moon and stars cast enough light so that the healer could vaguely make out Joske's face; with a surge of relief, she realized it was him.

“Joske,” she said tentatively. “Are you alright?”

I almost jumped at her voice, so lost in thought and my own depression. Still though, once I recognized her features, I relaxed, forcing a grim smile.

"Oh, hey, um... yeah?"

Yes, that was the best I could say at the moment; one of my most spectacular comments to date. I knew that was a lie, and she did too.

Cael stepped closer to the Toa of Fire, and quietly sat down on the rock next to him. She remained silent for a long moment, simply gazing up at the stars.

The creek trickled by, filling the night with the soft rush of babbling water.

“Still trying to understand what Angelus said?” she asked at last.

"Something to that effect." I mumbled, trying to appreciate the fact that somehow she had managed to find me out here. "Trying to reconcile what he said and my own view of the Toa Code... not going so well."

Still, I found it hard to be completely down in her presence, so I turned to face her. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be stalking me now, would you?" I spoke, poking her lightly in the side as I attempted some humour. It was the best I could muster at the moment.

The healer swatted his hand away with a laugh, her eyes shining in the moonlight. “So what if I am? Every time I've let you wander off on your own, you've gotten into trouble.”

"Not every time!" I countered, my voice a little indignant. Then I took a moment to think. I looked at her meekly.

"Actually... yes. I have. Every time. Unless we count that time at Laka Pala."

“You mean the time I followed you?”she replied sweetly.

The two laughed, but even Cael's presence couldn't elevate Joske's mood indefinitely. The somber atmosphere gradually fell back down over the two Toa, reminding the healer of why she had sought Joske out, and why he had left in the first place.

“So... the Toa Code? I guess... you didn't like what he said about the jungle, either.”

"Glad to hear I'm not the only one."

I paused for a moment, collecting my thoughts. "What makes his viewpoint so difficult is the truth and validity in it, and that's why I'm struggling. Very few Toa retain the original meaning and concept of the Code, and the few that do usually interpret and bend it to fit their lifestyle, which he said. Not only that, but the jungle analogy... I just don't know. There is much wisdom in it, but I just can't fathom, let alone swallow the idea of discarding morality, honour, and everything else that makes us different from the rest of the universe just to survive. It shouldn't be that way. It just... shouldn't."

The Toa of Water listened, then sat in silence, organizing her thoughts. What Joske said was true; his thoughts mirrored many of hers. Most Toa didn't follow the Code, some for more valid reasons than others. Most used the excuse that Angelus gave: the world was a darker, more dangerous place, and the Code was outdated. It could be adapted to the situation, but following it to the letter wouldn't get you anywhere.

But Agni's point of view also made sense. Without the Code, Toa were just like any other beings in the world. The Code was what set the heroes apart, the ones who were willing to take the hard route if it meant proving they were better than their enemies. Killing without need, and stalking in the shadows were not behaviours fit for Toa; Toa were meant to stand tall and strong, holding honour and dignity above everything else.

Cael softly cleared her throat. “Joske, I'm a healer. I've always believed that it's better to save lives than to take them. I would do anything to protect my people; it's my duty as a Toa.

“And, if someone were to threaten my people, I would stand against them. I would fight with everything I have, because it's not about me. It's about them, the Matoran.”

The Toa of Water looked up to the constellations, her eyes filled with starlight.

“I believe the Code isn't a set of rules that can be bent or broken. It's a standard that Mata Nui set for us so that we would remember why we were given our powers.”

The healer raised her hand, and a stream of water swirled up from the creek, twisting and rippling in midair, before splashing back down.

“We were given our powers to protect the Matoran, to be their heroes and guardians, and we were given the Code so that we wouldn't sink to the level of the ones we fought. It's not about us, though; it's about how the Matoran see us.”

Cael turned turned her gaze back to Joske. “You can follow the Code to the letter, but it won't get you anywhere if your people don't see you as a hero. The Matoran need to be able to trust us, above everything else. That's why we were blessed with our abilities: to give hope, and keep faith alive.”

And this is why you fell in love with her, didn't you?

I stared at her for a long moment, processing what she had said. In the end it would be my choice, I always knew that; what I lacked was firm guidance from someone I was willing to place all of my trust into. Not to say that I didn't trust my companions, but there is a point in which a conscious decision must be made as to if you are willing to cross that line from close friend to complete confidant . Cael was right; as tempting as it may be, the Toa Code was not malleable, a flexible interpretive standard to be taken as one wills. It was there as the golden standard, a line in the sand, a way to measure and gauge one's moral compass against an often conflicted world.

Defying it would not make you automatically evil, but doing would start that slide, the slow, perilous decent of compromise. The Code was there to protect us as much as we were there to protect the Matoran, representing the stark contrast of Black and White in an otherwise grey world, reminding us that there was an Ultimate Standard regardless of what we believed or thought... an absolute Right and Wrong.

At least that question was settled. Now it became how much of it I was willing to follow... and how far.

I focused back on her face, seeing the stars reflect off her eyes. I smiled sheepishly. "Look, I don't know how this is all going to end. Tomorrow we are going to go to Ga-Koro, find the last Crystal, and then I'll be off to find the Wanderer's Company and the Keeping Place... before fighting Heuani. I still have many questions left unanswered, and I don't know if I'll find answers for them all in time, let alone feel confident in my abilities. There are so many things I am unsure of right now, but I do have one immovable constant: you."

I tilted my head. "Cael, I love you. I love you so much. So much so that when this is all over I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I took her hand, gazing at the blue fingers in the dark light. "There are so many things I would want to say, even more I would love to do, with you, right now... right here. Just the two of us, alone."

I hesitated here, so many emotions running through my head.

The Toa of Water gazed back into Joske's eyes; it felt like her every heartbeat was so loud that it shook the air. Her thoughts spun around her head, dizzying in their speed and numbers.

Joske loved her? He had come up to that phrase several times over their journey, but this was the first time he had said it. The first time he had looked at her and revealed just how much he cared. Cael was stunned, not because of his confession, but more due to her own reaction. Her normally scientific mind was drowning in emotions she could scarcely identify. She felt relieved, and happy, and, for some strange reason, so light she half thought she might drift off the ground, and float up to the clouds.

These feelings were crazy; they were overkill, and served no purpose other than to make her feel giddy. But Cael brushed these thoughts aside, choosing instead to savour the moment, instead of analyze it.

"But I'm not going to ask for that," I continued. "I don't think we're ready yet. Not until Heuani, Makuta, and everything that goes with it is done and over with. I want you to know that I have a great friend, and an ever greater companion; I could not ask the Great Spirit for a more perfect person. I would do anything for you, Cael, anything within my limited power, and I want you to know that. And to know that I love you. So before we start on this this last leg of our journey, I want to ask one thing of you-"

I looked deep into her golden eyes. "Will you at least stay here with me tonight, and just gaze at the stars? I don't want to go back right away, back to the pressures and choices and destiny... just us, enjoying each other's company. The calm before the storm, I guess. And maybe a kiss that I don't have to steal?"

Cael leaned in to Joske, her eyes never leaving his for a moment. She had never anticipated something so much, but felt so nervous at the same time. And yet, somehow, it felt right. Something she'd been waiting on for a long time.

She opened her mouth to reply, but found herself, for once in her life, with nothing at all to say. Joske had said it all.

Instead, she kissed him under the stars.

Edited by Viserys Targaryen

OOC: ^ Dat Jam

IC: Clariax

A long time ago in a place far away, a Skakdi Warlord returned to his hideout, and headed into a hidden notch in the walls. Inside was a Toa of Plasma, surrounded by a sphere of the hot element itself. the sheer adept skill in controlling the shape without simply melting through the walls emphasizing the trained potential skill the Toa of Plasma had.

And each day the Skakdi checked at that same time of day, the Toa of Plasma did the same thing. It was hard, no doubt; she had to maintain the plasma field for hours, each day adding several minutes. The elemental stamina that the Plasma user managed to train out of herself was....inspiring, to say the least. But the Skakdi who made her do it...was not.

=======

Clariax sat atop the edge of a cliff, her eyes staring out into the sea. All around her, everything was tinted in different colors. There was fiery orange, tranquil green, revealing blue and her favorite color, the emanating purple. She thought of purple as signifying wealth. Even looking down, her armor, mask, was colored in different shades of purple.

She'd evolved since her time with her father. Megatron, leader of a bunch of weaklings. But weak or not, she still had a father, and killer or not, she'd come to respect the punishing warlord. Even if Megatron was evil and wanted control, he was still Clariax's father, and Clariax herself still wanted revenge. Despite having a bad father figure....she still saw him as a father figure.

Of course, along with the iron will of her determination, her spirit of vengeance, was a fact she had tried to ignored and push into the deepest recesses of her mind.

Her dad was evil and she was trying to find vengeance for him.

Clariax herself didn't like being classified as 'bad'. She liked doing work and being complimented for it. But she couldn't just let go of a group of ignorant warriors who had decided to kill a bunch of dudes. Just like her father's wack of bozos, they were weak.

But Clariax...was she weak? She has to fight so many, and she's survived, but in her state, her father would laugh, and then punish. She was weak. She had a will to execute, and job to finish, a....a responsibility to see to the end. And she was worried about morals.

Morals. Do they really mean anything?

Slowly, the plasma sphere around her was absorbed back into her energies. It was a true skill, she had been taught, to have the focus of maintaining a sphere of pure heat, and then make sure you didn't melt through the walls by making sure the heat didn't affect the things around it, and when it did, quickly absorb it. As she stood up, sweat dripped from her brow. Looking up into the sky, she could see that it was near noon. The sky was blue, and white tufts of clouds slowly traversed the inverted, infinite blue that met with the sea far off in the distance.

Looking down as she stood up and picked up her gear, she could see a cliff.

She felt as though she was hanging off the edge, about to fall down and get skewered by the sharp rocks above. While it was a calm day on the outside, inside her mind was a chaotic frenzy of emotions, feelings, of duty verses morals.

Duty? Destiny had weird ways of working. Right now, wasn't her duty to get vengeance for her father? Yet, duty is revered as one of the 'good things' and for her, her duty placed in right away from where she deep down wants to be. Duty puts her in a corner for everyone to criticize, to jeer, and hate, and all she could do in the corner was sulk and cry. But, she couldn't walk away. Duty must be performed, and before she could walk down another path she had to reach the end of the one she was on right now.

Duty vs. Morals. Duty vs. Morals.

Frustrated, she sent a big plasma blast into the ground below her. A glasslike crystalline solid formed upon impact, and dust was sent up in the air. But by the time the dust cleared, she was gone.

To ignore her morals she must perform her duty. That has been the way of her life, and that needs to be the life of her way.

Her mask teleporting her quickly, she headed in the direction of Ga-Koro. After that, the Aukati.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC

[unknown locale; night]

They say the first kiss you ever have is the most memorable. To be fair, yes, that first kiss I stole from her in Onu-Koro was one for the books, don't get me wrong, a swashbuckler's dream.

But really it was the second that I would remember the most fondly.

It was the fact that she came to me; that I had only asked once, after a briefest moment of thought she leaned in and kissed me. I kiss she wanted, a moment she desired as much as I did, not something forced or tricked upon. It was long, passionate, and wonderful, something that I would indeed remember for the rest of my life, made even more special by the fact that when she finally pulled away.. she giggled. Like a schoolgirl.

The scientific, analytical, over-cautious healer was gone, at least for the time being. I had the real Cael, the one buried deep underneath all those layers, the young woman with hopes and dreams and fantasies that was always hidden under the seriousness of her work. I realized that as we had kissed she had maneuvered to sit on my lap, and now she fingered my chest as we sat under the stars. We sighed in contentment simultaneously as my own played up and down her legs.

Not a word was exchanged. There was no need too.

Making herself comfortable she curled up on me, resting her head and hand on my chest while wrapping the other around my back, one of my own hands stroking her back while I held my neck with the other, both of us staring up into the vastness of space. The only movement of her I could see was the slight rise and fall up her upper body as I breathed, feeling the warmth yet infinite coolness of her person on mine. It was the simple joy of each others company, young love along a babbling brook. I suppose in the end it really wasn't surprising, but still... I had fallen head over heels over a Ga-Toa. Stunning Toa of Water, child of the ocean. An ocean's daughter.

I half-smiled to no-one in particular, finding myself humming an odd tune. I wasn't the most talented musician on the island, but this turned out pretty good. I think it had something to do with the whole "young love" thing, causing the heart to soar and make stupid little love songs.

Beauty in the water,

Angel on the beach.

Ocean's daughter,

I thought love was out of reach.

Till I got her,

had I known it could come true

I would have wished... wished...

... for a Ga-Toa like you?

That last part needed work. It wouldn't come now though as the day's events finally caught up to me, crashing over my consciousness like an avalanche. With Cael on my chest I winked out.

I awoke to the sounds of brilliant bird calls, warm sun, and cool water lapping around my feet. As I yawned stiffly I could feel Cael stir on me, and realized that she must have fallen asleep either before or immediately right after I did; neither of us had moved an inch during the night, so exhausted from the previous day's events that we simple slept straight through the night.. Pressing gently on me she pushed herself up with unearthly grace, blinking the sleep away from her eyes.

"Morning." I said quietly. She looked at me with those golden globes, still half-closed as she slowly work up. She gave a coy smile.

"Hmmmm... morning." She leaned in and gave me a long, good-morning kiss before pulling back. I gave a sigh as she pulled back. "Sleep well? I slept like a rock."

"And I slept like one on a rock." My entire back half was sore, having been pressed from that flat rock on one side and Cael on the other; now I knew what a sandwich felt like. I chuckled quietly.

"No, I was out all night; I don't think I moved a muscle. Did I ever tell you you are amazing?"

My finger brushed her cheek, and I could see her sigh contently. She still hadn't gotten off my chest, and now the pressure was getting to me. Not that she was heavy - ok, I'd better get off this track. Women and comments of weight do not mix. "We'd better get back; I can't wait to hear the little speech Agni will give us when we return... "

Even though we didn't do anything. I finished wordlessly. She simply nodded, and together we got up and after enjoying some breakfast fruit began the walk back to camp, Cael as my guide. Not that different as usual.

Except for the fact that we held hands all the way.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC:

"What are you thinking about?"

Angelus' head inclined slightly to look at Agni, though he didn't say anything. The truth was, his mind was turning over Joske. He didn't regret the content or the lesson, or its effectiveness: the words had been meant to disturb Joske, meant to make him think over his worldview hard before going up against Heuani. What the jungle Toa regretted was the timing of his speech, the way he had done it when Joske was still so fragile and fresh off his temper. He had been fearful of exploding again, of letting the emotion out, and in a critical moment - a moment of true weakness on Joske's part - Angelus had taken advantage of it. A knot tied in his stomach as he sat, staring into the crackling fire.

A Toa of Fire, whistling a tune as he swung lazily from tree branch to tree branch, body like a pendulum. The picture of joviality, the youth doesn't even see the dark shape coming until he's picked off in between branches and all of a sudden a Muaka's ripping away--

The Toa Code was subjective, yes. Joske, the athlete, followed it because he'd never had to fight for anything in his life before, as a man of privilege; Agni, the soldier, followed it because he believed in justice completely and totally, and believed all criminals should live to see their just desserts; Cael, the doctor, with her sanctity and care for all life, followed it because people getting hurt went against every instinct, every oath, she had ever sworn fealty to. Tuara, the detective, followed it because her drive and her heart wouldn't allow her not to.

Angelus didn't. Was that what had made him the "savage" of the team? He didn't know; worse, he couldn't tell.

--and then the Muaka's ripping and tearing away at the Toa of Fire's body, and as the flesh on the right side of his face rips off and reveals something hard and white and upright sticking up like an anatomical skyscraper, a testament to the Great Designer, and as the Rahi's tearing away, the young Toa realizes for the first time that he has bones, too.

Just like the Rahi--! his mind exclaimed, even as said Rahi began tearing into his chest and coming dangerously close to fatal wounds--

There was a lot that Angelus couldn't have told: Tuara, for one. Even with all his ability, all his uncanny knack for getting into the heads of others, he had failed to see the depths to which Tuara's obsession with the Mark Bearers - with justice - could have and did take her. He'd encouraged her forward; just like with Joske, he had pushed her, tried to sacrifice his own tenants and survival skills so that justice could be achieved. He and the Toa Code, together, had pushed Tuara too far, and now their relationship was paying the price gradually.

If it hadn't already fell in on itself entirely.

--now finally the Toa snaps, and he draws a bone dagger and stabs into the side of the Rahi's abdomen, up and through the right rib cage. Suddenly, the Toa's hand is digging in so far that he can fit his whole hand through the Muaka's skin and the knife is stabbing through the jugular, spitting blood all over the poor Toa and drowning out his innocence even as it replenishes the blood lost in the mauling--

And then, in the years after that, Angelus had begun to ask himself over and over: if the Toa and the Rahi shared the same bones, the same instincts, the same home...how were they truly different? The others, they spoke of how they were Toa, blessed with power above other species to do justice, but this was just arrogance. Slightly deserved arrogance, sure: Joske, Cael, Tuara, Agni, they'd all lived great lives, accomplished so much, were meant to accomplish so much more. But it was still arrogance, nonetheless.

What really made them fundamentally better than Rahi? Powers? A lot of Rahi had powers. Self-control? There were tamed Rahi everywhere. What, just because most Toa couldn't understand them, they were somehow lesser? Ridiculous.

Just as Rahi were beasts to the others, and Toa were more, Toa were probably beasts to some other force. Maybe they just didn't realize it.

What was Angelus thinking, Agni wanted to know. Even now, the Guard's face was curious, thirsting for a reply.

--And as Angelus crawls away, bleeding and battered and tears of pain, agony physical, mental, and emotional, rolling down his face and congealing with blood, the jungle adds two new tally marks to its list of victims.

"Just wonderin' what to make for breakfast."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

[Old Fusa Path, along the Hura-Mafa River; morning]

There was a shuffle of greenery as Cael and myself pushed ourselves out of the jungle and into the clearing next to the path. In unison Agni and Angelus looked at us, busy consuming a light breakfast. Angelus quickly resumed his consumption while Angi simply gave a nod of greeting, though both of them had a slight look about them: they had both seen the way we walked in... with our hands clasped. Out of the two Angi had the more eying gaze, but chose not to say anything. At least, not right away.

"So, how are we this morning?"

"I think I'll make it." I quipped, more upbeat than I was the previous night, though the weight of what was soon to happen along with my still-solidifying spirit damped my cheerfulness. That didn't mean however I wasn't up to my usual tricks. As I walked past Angelus to grab my back my wrist flickered behind his head.

WHAP!

As Angelus removed his face from the plate soft food dripped off his mask onto the ground below. Slowly he turned, a very dangerous look on his face as my own held a smirk.

"Payback."

[beach, outskirts of Ga-Koro; late morning]

"So here we are."

Two hours later we had emerged from the undergrowth surrounding the path, the breathtaking view of Ga-Koro nestled in the Naho Bay before us. Cael called this place home, and to an extent Angi and myself as well; most of our recent lives had been involved with this Koro, long before we even met. I could feel the surge of emotion from our group, but before anything else happened I stepped out in front.

"Before we go any farther, I feel the need to say this: we need to stay focused." I met the gaze of my companions, Cael being last. "This may be home to most of us, but we're not here because we're done - there is still a crystal that needs getting, not to mention the hidden temple to find and the charms to locate. It's going to be tough, but we can't slow down now; we need to get that crystal. Therefore I suggest that we try to keep interaction to a minimum, at least to those we know exceptionally well. We need information and locations, and we need them quickly; I have no idea how far the Wanderer's Company is, and for all we know that could be toa already, lounging around waiting for me to get back to them."

I looked down the beach to the village. "I suggest we split up like before to cover more ground; Agni, Angelus, why don't you two scope out the Marine Headquarters and see if there is any reference to a temple or the charms in their files? Cael and myself will talk to the villagers and see if we can learn anything that way. Let's meet up at high noon at the docks. Sound good?"

There were no arguments, so with that we stepped out of the jungle and onto the beach, following the path that led to the stone arch and into the Village of Water. As soon as we entered we split up into our designated pairs, and quickly we found ourselves in the main square among a rather busy crowd. It was odd to be here again after all this time, and not for relaxation OR for healing; we were here on a mission, and one of drastic importance. I could see that Cael wanted desperately to go to her hut, to mingle with old friends now that she was home, but that wasn't an option. Taking her hand I squeezed it tightly.

"Who do you think we should speak to first? You're the local expert." I said quietly.

IC (Ketan)

A fresh breeze swept off the ocean, ruffling Ketan's cape as he walked swiftly through the village of water. His destination: the Marine headquarters.

Evidence of Nokama's passing surrounded him. Even now, days after her murder, the village still wept for their leader. The Toa of Air was surrounded by bloodshot eyes and tear-stained faces, and an immense pile of flowers had sprung up seemingly overnight in front of the Turaga' hut.

It could never be said that the Ga-Matoran judged only by appearances. Even though the last image they had of their elder was of a stooped, feeble creature, a fat slug on her spine sucking at her energy, they still mourned, and remembered her for her wisdom, courage, and love.

Now, however, no matter how much Ga-Koro missed Nokama, there was an empty seat at the head of the village. Hahli was gone; she had fled after the murder, aghast at the Arete's betrayal and the death of her beloved leader. The path was open for Ketan to ascend his throne, as though cleared by Makuta's hand, especially for him.

Let no one say the shadows were not powerful. Ketan served the Master of Shadows, and, in turn, the Maste had granted his servant's deepest desire.

Pulling open the door, the Toa of Air swept into the lobby of the headquarters. The receptionist looked up, but didn't stop him; she merely greeted him as both a superior and a friend. Ketan returned the friendly hello, and continued on his way.

Walking down the hall, lit by the gently pulsing light of iridescent jellyfish, and through another door, Ketan found himself in the room he sought. A long table stood in the middle of the room; various beings, mostly Ga-Matoran, were seated around it. A bowl of fresh fruit sat untouched in the middle of the table.

“Ah, Toa Ketan,” the Captain said from her place at the head. “Thank you for joining us.”

“A pleasure, Captain,” the Toa replied, inclining his head respectfully. He took one of the empty seats; one one side of him sat a Ga-Toa; on the other, a Matoran of the Green.

“With Toa Ketan here, our meeting can begin,” the Captain said, rising from her seat. She planted both hands on the table.

“I will be frank with you, my friends: our village stands on the brink of chaos. We thought Nokama's return would bring hope back to Ga-Koro, but her- her assassination did the opposite. We need a solution, and we need it now.”

She looked at each being at the table in turn. “I'm open to suggestions, but what I feel we need most right now is for a leader to step out and give the village someone they can put their hope in, even if that person is merely a placeholder until Hahli returns.

“If she doesn't, however, we need someone who would be willing and able to assume leadership indefinitely.”

The table was quiet for a long moment. Ketan saw his chance here; it was too obvious. Normally, he would have waited to allow someone else to nominate him, or subtly manipulate the conversation to that end, but his goal was so close, he couldn't help it. His greed won out.

He stood to his feet.

“Captain, friends,” he began, looking at the faces around him. “I beg your pardon for my apparent arrogance, but I think you will agree that I and my fellow Toa Arete hold the solution. Indeed, one might say we are the solution.

He chuckled good-naturedly. “I'm not blind, and neither are my brothers and sisters. We've seen the monuments put up in our honour; we've heard the stories and myths that have sprung up as the village elaborates on our exploits.

“In fact, many see us as... as the Spirit-sent replacements for the First Toa.”

Ketan shook his head. “I don't agree. We are merely Toa who do our best to follow the Code, and walk in the footsteps of those who came before us. But I won't deny that this belief, however true or false it may be, may be the answer to this problem.

“Mata Nui has already blessed us with the honour of giving the Matoran hope. Being some of the most prominent people in the village, and counting on our reputation as protectors, I believe I -and my team- would be the most logical placeholders for leadership, for the good of Ga-Koro.”

He took his seat, leaving a thoughtful silence hanging over the table. One by one, the others began to nod and voice their assent. It was plainly the best solution, seeing as the Toa Arete had spent the last several months doing nothing but good for the village, keeping hope alive even while Nokama was gone. If anyone could revive Ga-Koro's spirit, it would be them.

The Captain frowned in thought; She knew, of course, of the various investigations that had sprung up around the Arete. Though most of the village had by now accepted the Arete as heroes, there were still a few who stubbornly believe them to be too good to be true. Though she didn't doubt the authenticity of the seven Toa (she had seen them in action too often, putting their own lives at risk), she would have liked to wait for any reports to come in, just in case. But there was no time to be wasted. Nokama was gone; the village needed someone to look up to, to place their hope in.

“Very well, then: I second Toa Ketan's motion. The Arete are indeed both prominent and widely trusted, and they have already stood in Nokama's place, to an extent, while she was in Pala-Koro. They are the obvious choice. All in favour."

All around the table, hands slowly began to rise; no one disagreed.

The Captain cleared her throat. “Excellent. The ceremony will happen next week, after the Turaga's funeral. The sooner, the better. I'm sure many will not attend out of grief, but the power vacuum must be dealt with as soon as possible. Is this alright with you, Toa Ketan?”

The Toa of Air smiled, and bowed his head in humility. “Yes. I accept this responsibility; with Mata Nui's help, perhaps I will one day be able to fill Nokama's place.”

The perfect response. Humble. Pure. Reverent.

If only they could have heard his thoughts.

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water had felt like she was tripping along through a daydream until now. The night before... she still couldn't quite bring herself to believe that she had kissed Joske, and fallen asleep watching the stars with him.

It was one of those romantic things that she could see hearing about, but had never imagined actually doing. Somehow, somewhere, in those years of healing, she had forgotten what it was like to be in love.

Sure, she understood the concept, but theory and reality are two entirely different things. She had seen others as mere patients for so long that she hadn't thought to build any other relationship.

Joske had changed that, and Agni and Angelus, too. They had coaxed her out of her shell, not constructed of timidity, but of a life that was built around science and healing. Over this journey, she had come to realize what she had been missing: friends.

But Joske had gone even farther than that. Somewhere along the way, they had stopped acting like healer and patient, and become friends. Even that small change had been startling; Cael remembered the confusion she had felt as she tried to reconcile her philosophy as a healer with the desire to relate with her friends. And somewhere farther than that, they had fallen in love.

Cael couldn't hide a smile as she thought about that phrase. In love. Medically speaking, “love” was just a burst of chemicals in one's brain that caused feelings of attachment towards someone else. It wasn't something you fell or jumped into; it wasn't magical by any stretch of the imagination.

But, after last night, the Toa of Water was willing to forget that. She wasn't in the mood for being cynical; she would much rather fool herself into thinking she was in love. Magic was much more appealing than science now.

She could still feel his lips on hers. That was magical.

At the same time, the return to her home brought the healer out of her daydreams. Walking through the front gate, the familiar sights and sounds and smells washed over her in a tsunami of nostalgia and relief. She hadn't realized how much she had missed the village of water, with its golden sunshine, the rhythmic flow of the tide, and the smell of brine and seaweed.

She was home.

But now, as Joske gently pointed out, wasn't the time to take in the sights. The Company was waiting for them; they needed to recover the remaining crystal as quickly as possible.

Reluctantly, Cael shut her feelings away for the moment, returning to her practical state of mind again. She could spend time thinking about Joske later; right now, the island was waiting on them.

“Turaga Nokama, if she's back,” Cael replied. “When we left, word was she was still in Pala-Koro. If she's still gone, we should talk to Hahli.”

Edited by Viserys Targaryen

IC

[Ga-Koro; mid-morning]

"Alright, Turaga Nokama it is. Maybe we'll be lucky and she's back."

Together we navigated the seaweed streets of Ga-Koro, making a beeline for the elder's residence. As we walked however I got that familiar feeling, an unsettling uneasiness that I had felt and seen when in Onu-Koro, especially when speaking with Taipu. The air was salty and fresh, the sun shinning and warm, and the water blue and beautiful. Even the village seemed to be cleaner, as if a massive effort had been tone to tidy up the place. It was the undertone that was bothering me.

This Koro was not a peace.

Evidence of some tragedy surrounded us as we walked through the Koro. It was as though the entire village was in mourning, both of us surrounded by bloodshot eyes and tear-stained faces. Cael looked at me, disturbed; she was much more in tune with the people here and no doubt sensed it much more powerfully than I did. I just shook my head in bewilderment; I had no idea. It was as though someone died... someone rather important. A knot formed in the bottom of my stomach; there were few people in the entire Wahi that could elicit such a response from the matoran-

We turned the corner, and were faced with a shocking scene.

Turaga Nokama's hut, usually the center of activity, laid eerily quiet, all the windows dark and foreboding, and a sign that proclaimed no entry. But what shook me the most was the immense pile of flowers front of the Turaga' hut. A small mountain of pink and yellow, with the occasional smattering of other colors, small gifts and even the occasional trinket thrown into the mass. There could be only one reason for this type of display.

No!

I rushed to the door, frantically trying the handle. No luck; it was locked. Sturdily locked, and from the outside. From the outside. The powers that be didn't want others to gain entry... not that someone inside wanted other out. Slowly I turned to see Cael standing there dumbfounded, a hand over her mouth as she tried to come to grips with what this suggested, valiantly holding back tears. I quickly strode back to her, gently grabbing her shoulders.

"Hey, love, calm down... take a deep breath. We don't know for certain yet." There could be only one explanation, but until proven I was going to hold on to that slight ribbon of hope. "Let's find someone who knows what happened recently before we start making conjectures and losing our heads. Let's find out if Hali is here, or maybe one of the Marine officers. No need to panic."

Not yet, I thought very quietly. My smile and voice was reassuring, but deep down I was concerned. If Nokama really was dead...

Everything would change. And for the worst.

OOC: well, Joske and Co. are out of the loop both locally and politically. this ought to be fun...

IC:

Agni quickly moved past Joske and Cael, Angelus following him. The veteran's quiet demeanor hadn't changed, but the reason for his silence had. Yesterday, it had been the fact that for the first time in years, he had no idea what to say. To Joske especially. For the first time, there was doubt in Agni's mind. Maybe he had gone to far by pushing Joske too hard? It had seemed Angelus had had the same thoughts, but they had not spoken about it and didn't do so now. However, that reason had taken a backseat to the professional focus of an officer of the guard on an official mission.

Like Joske, he had felt the odd mood of the village after they had crossed the first floating pad of the Koro. It made him tense. These were not matoran merrily going about their daily business. These were Matoran trying their best to work through mourning by occupying themselves with things to do. They just didn't know why yet. But he and Angelus were going to find out soon, he hoped. Not long after, they had made it to the large building that housed the Ga-Koro Marines. Agni knew the way here like the inside of his pocket.

A pair of marines was nearby, standing watch on the square in front of it. There was another pair on the opposite side of the pad. He had not seen them the first time glancing over the crowd, but looking around a second time, he realized the guards presence in the village had increased quite a bit. Not surprising, considering the state of the island. It was as good a place to start ask questions as any right now. Leaving Angelus in front of a flaxmaker's hut, the Toa approached the nearest duo of marines. They tensed as he approached, but then recognized him. The ensign he procured from his pocket and the guard-insignia on his shoulder-armour were proof enough that he was still who he claimed to be. During Joske's training, which had originally been a disciplinary action against Agni, he had started to work with the marines on occasion and though he had been gone for quite some time now, they hadn't forgotten him. They quietly began to converse.

Angelus watched carefully as his mentor spoke to the marines. Their expressions were grim, unlike Agni's, who merely appeared concerned, but as the Toa and Matoran exchanged more information, he could see the Toa suddenly hold up a hand, asking the Matoran to repeat their last sentence. Then, he closed his eyes slowly, loooking pained, tilting his head down. A few seconds passed, then Agni continued speaking to the Matoran. After another minute they finished; he bowed his head in thanks and made his way back to Angelus.

Agni was looking at his feet as he walked back toward him, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he walked. He stopped in front of his friend, took a deep breath and looked up at Angelus His jaw-muscles were as tense as they could be. "Turaga Nokama was...assassinated." he began, slowly. But it was clear that he had more to say, which he did after another second of hesitant silence. "As...as were the other Turaga..."

"We should find Hahli...she can probably tell us more about what happened."

Together they approached the open double-door gate of the Marines HQ, where another flashing of Agni's ensign got them a free pass inside.

----------------------------------

At the same time, the horde arrived from Ta-Wahi, the eight Skakdi were feeling the long walk in their legs, but they were not going to rest just yet. They needed to speak with an offical, tell them what happened. They were stopped at the main-gate however.

"Now there's something new." Iraanus commented, sighing, as the marines checked the group. Rhow nodded. "I don't know why we always get stopped. Aren't our smiles reassuring enough?"

Sookus harrumphed from the back of the group.

"Alright, you're cleared to go in." the marine seargent said, finally. "Word of advice though: You step out of line and you're out of the village faster than dung out of a Mukau, understood?"

"Easy, sweet cheeks." Rhow grunted. "We're not here for that. We just need to talk to somebody in charge."

The Marines didn't reply, just eyeballing the horde suspiciously as the Skakdi made their way into the village of water.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ooc: Lol, Veef. Way to not follow your team leader's instructions to split up. :P (Plus, Tuck pretty much asked me to have Anthyn meet with Joske and Cael.) As such, Agni and Angelus are not mentioned because I got the feeling that's not what Tuck had in mind.

Ic: Saying "I'll find Embok" and actually locating the mute were two different things, as Anthyn found out. Despite the discomfort expected to be felt by people around the grisly shell of a former hero's presence he seemed to become very adept at keeping a low profile, directly contrasting the natural high status Anthyn was able to enjoy in Ga-Koro which only made her all that easier to avoid. Embok was many things, and 'smart' was among them. The Valkyr pretended to be on a simple patrol through town, taking a quick but leisurely pace to just amble about, a pleasurable smile on her face.

The sights and sounds of the late morning biz in Ga-Koro was routine; fishers were long toiling with lines and the more wealthy ones were on their boats, shipmakers were pounding and sanding at their dry docks to finish their projects and the flax makers were hard at the chase for harakeke. Everyone was busy being a busy matoran, though even in the cheerful sun and grind of work there was little happy to be found. Anthyn's smile, faux it may have been, seemed to do little to perk up the spirits of those she sauntered past. The smells of the village, wafting of lotus, oils, lotions and perfumes, also had the bitter taste of mourning incense and sterile ash. Even in a site as picturesque as Ga-Koro there could still linger sorrow and madness.

And Anthyn was at the center of it.

Smile!

"Lady Anthyn!" she heard a woman's voice behind her, quick and important..

Had Embok cut through her perception and sprung up behind her to give a mighty bout of revenge to her? Was this matoran's intent a warning to save her skin? It was urgent enough to be and Anthyn could not afford to be too trusting, not in this atmosphere. The Valkyr spun around and whirled her wings like sawblades to cut Embok down where he stood and end the threat he posed -- a broken cup had sharp edges and was far more deadly than a whole one, and Embok was a shattered glass by now. But there was no Embok. Anthyn's wings sliced through the air like windmill fans, barely missing the crown of Amaya's head.

"WHOA!" she barked, taken aback by the hostile maneuver.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," Anthyn said, quick to put her natural weapons back and kneel to the matoran's height to reassure her. "I didn't mean it."

Amaya seemed perplexed by the heelturn but obviously had other matters in her mind and recovered from the incident in a couple heartbeats. "Come quick! To the swimming hole! We need your help -- there're a couple razorfish that prevent us from harvesting the cowrie and seaweed we need!"

Anthyn quickly beat Amaya to the swimhole and was greeted by a small group of other harvesters. The razorfish were not an issue to Anthyn; all she had to do was give a couple mighty beats of her wings under the water to blow them away with current. She emerged to the surface with proud appraisals and applause from the matoran.

The mission had taken her all the way to the start of the village, near the coast, and nowhere near anything important, so she quickly started her way back to the village center. But as she came close she saw a curious sight: Two toa, one apparently a Ga-Toa and the other Ta-, distraught over something. From the looks of it, the toa of fire was trying to gain entry into the locked and barred hut of Nokama. Though Anthyn could have sword she'd seen the woman before, the pair did not look like they were familiar with the village's standing or else they would have known of Nokama's, erm, status. Putting on her most helpful face, Anthyn strode over to the pair, standing at the foot of the small bridge between the center and Nokama's door.

"Hello, I am Valkyr Anthyn of the Toa Arete," she said good-naturedly, guessing this lost couple would be better with a cursory introduction. "... Can I help you with something?"

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

IC

[Outside Nokama's hut, Ga-Koro; mid-morning]

Our thoughts were interrupted as a lovely voice cut through the air. We both turned around to see who spoke-

And I was promptly taken aback.

What stood before us on the bridge looked like a Toa, but as similar as she was, there were significant differences. She wore a mask, a Kanohi Mahiki, contoured to match her slimming features and pronounced curves. Her colors were a remarkable combination of alabaster armor with flaring red lines of exposed skin hiding underneath, brilliant orange eyes lighting up her face. She had no heartlight, her extremities altered as her fingers were elongated and ended in clawlike points, while her pointed feet resembled fashionable high-heeled boots instead of normal feet. The most stunning feature however were a pair of wings.

Wings.

Real, incredible wings, tight tan and white in color, densely woven with feathers that appeared almost metallic to the touch. From the angle I was at it would seem as if they could stretch out almost twice as wide as she is tall if fully extended, though at the moment folded neatly behind her back. Her face had a good-natured smile on it, her demeanor that of helpful introduction.

I... I had never seen such a creature before.

I stood there spellbound and speechless for a moment, my mind trying to wrap around the image it was seeing. Finally I got a mental kick in the rear and I seemed to pop back to reality. "Yes, um, I-we, were... um, well, wondering... " I pointed to the flowers, my voice sharp and concerned, but not accusing in any way.

"What in the name of Makuta happened here?!"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Ic: Anthyn's polite and helpful attitude turned to a hostile glower. "The Makuta's name holds no sway here, little starlings. You've been blown off course if you think that means anything to us here," she warned. A veritable storm cloud seemed to roil above her as she said thus, accentuating her disdain. And then they softened slightly and she continued, "But I'll wager you said that without meaning, is this so?"

The man looked back with a wondrous gaze, apparently both amazed and too in awe of the quick display of Anthyn's ability to swing from one spectrum of conviviality to another to answer straight, but the woman answered in his stead: "Yes. We serve Mata Nui, Anthyn."

"Good!" she said, bouncing back to her welcoming state, "because as it so happens so do the Toa Arete." Her appearance seemed to still be both beautiful and happy but her eyes and tone betrayed her smile. "I'm afraid the news is not good, toa... Turaga Nokama was returned to us and Ga-Koro in a great parade. I was among her honour guard and stood right there where you stand," she said and pointed to Joske's feet. "But that night, in the midst of a fireworks display to welcome her home a Skakdi managed to enter through the roof and assassinated her with acid. It was... a horrible night for us all. It all happened so fast we couldn't even capture the killer -- he could be anywhere now," she lamented. "Everyone in the village mourns not only..."

She caught herself. If there toa did not know of Nokama's assassination they likely wouldn't be aware of the murder of all the other five turaga. She had to be as delicate as possible in her words to maintain control of the situation -- emotionally compromised toa could be volatile indeed. She adjusted her tone to be even more subtle and sad. "I regret that an angel must be the bearer of bad news to you, toa, but Nokama was not the only Turaga murdered that night. The Matoran lament for their lost leader but also the turaga of the other villages. The Darkness spared no soul that evening."

She waited for a response, positive or negative, from the strangers.

IC (Cael)

Anthyn's words only confirmed the healer's fears: Turaga Nokama was dead. Killed by an assassin.

Unconsciously, the Toa's hand went to her mouth. The blue sky and green village blurred as her eyes filled with tears. It couldn't be true; it couldn't be real... no, not Nokama. She was Ga-Koro's constant, their leader and wise mother. Hearing she was gone was like learning that the sky had fallen, or that water was dry, or the sun had risen in the west. The world stopped making sense.

“No,” she whispered. “No.”

She turned away from Joske and the winged Toa, hunching over. She sobbed once, the breath leaving her lungs in a single burst that shook her body to the core. Abruptly, all thoughts of self-consciousness were gone. There was nothing but an overwhelming grief that demanded her tears.

Amidst the whirlpool of sorrow, however, there stood a single, ugly accusation, one that the Ga-Toa couldn't avoid or deny.

I should have been here.

Regardless of how little sense it made, Cael felt an unbearable certainty that, had she remained in Ga-Koro, she could have prevented this tragedy. How? She didn't know, but she did know that her duty was to protect her people, and she had failed. Could her skills have saved Nokama? Would her abilities have been of any help?

She had put Joske's quest first, and this was what had happened. Was it because she had chosen selfishly? Once again, the healer was forced to confront the decision she had made when she had told Joske she would come with him.

She had come along even though the possibility of her being any more than a liability was remote. Sure, her skills may have come in useful, but there was no guarantee, and, anyway, she knew she would have had to survive a conflict before her abilities could be put to any use. Objectively, it wasn't exactly the smartest decision.

That left the most obvious conclusion: she had joined in because of Joske. Because she was lonely, and the Toa of Fire offered her the chance to have friends for a change. To be a part of something bigger than herself.

Or... had she loved him even then? Had it been her selfish attraction to the former Kolhii star that had pulled her along in his wake?

Cael cursed herself silently, lifting her tear-streaked face to look out over the ocean. The small rational part of her mind stated matter-of-factly that she couldn't possibly be at fault, but said voice was small and quiet, almost drowned out by the roar of shame and grief that roiled in the Ga-Toa's heart like a hurricane.

Makuta, the small voice whispered. Makuta did this.

The healer closed her eyes and breathed deep, stowing her sorrow in the same place she had stored her feelings for Joske. Emotions, allowed to run amok, were unwieldy and dangerous. Now was the time for control, even if that meant she had to be stoic. She couldn't afford to lose herself when they were this close to their goal. She would help Joske finish this. For Nokama.

Cael wiped her eyes, and turned back to Joske and Anthyn, her jaw set.

“Thank you for your time, Toa Anthyn,” she said, her voice trembling slightly. “We must speak with Hahli, or whomever is in charge in Nokama's... absence.”

Ic: "It's Valkyr Anthyn," she corrected Cael firmly but gracefully. "But. Um, unfortunately, nobody knows Hahli's whereabouts. The rumour is she fled the village in madness following Nokama's murder. Whatever the case may be, the closest thing to leaders in the village is... well, us," Anthyn said. "We, the Toa Arete, have held order in the village for months, and protect the village even now. Is there something more I can help you with?" she asked.

She felt a flicker of indecision from the two toa, then waved for them to follow her. "Come, I'll take you to the guard headquarters. If any group of people can help you with whatever you need, you'll find them there."

As it turned out, there was no need to escort them there; the Toa of Water seemed to know her way around. Still, Anthyn had no idea who these people were. She asked, "You know who and what I am. Please, give me your names."

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

IC

[Ga-Koro; mid-morning]

The news hit me like a pyroclastic flow off a volcano. Turaga Nokama, dead? All the turaga... dead?!

I was paralyzed momentarily.

Then I saw Cael's reaction.

“No,” she whispered. “No.”

To say that I was unused to emotion would be a lie - being a Ta-Toa if was particularly well acquainted with the varying personal emotions a being could have, more so than most, so by now I knew how to deal and react when they cropped up. But this, this was new, and only after I had started traveling with Cael. Feelings that transcended happiness, sensations of giddiness, a relationship, a tie, a connection with someone more deep that I had ever before experienced. Love was new and strange to me, along with everything that came with it, including the fact that now the two of us not only shared a bond, but similar feelings. When she was happy, I was happy; when she was sad, I was sad, and this was something I was still trying to wrap my head around. So when she turned around and wept, her body convulsed in sobs and tears, my heart wrenched.

I was heartbroken. For her. For me. For... us.

All of us.

I just stood in a trance, not sure how to handle this situation. Touchy-feely had never been my strong point, let alone comfort; I was an athlete, a sportsman... warrior even. How could I be a comforter to Cael when I could barely sort out what was going on in my own head and heart? She needed me now more than even, but I didn't know how.

That's when she closed her eyes and took a breath, a look of determination on her face as wiped away her tears, jaw set, putting her emotions where-ever it was she stored them when she needed to be calculating and logical, in the present. I used to see this all the time when we first met, and over time I had managed to get her out of her shell; while I may not of usually been a fan of it, right now that's exactly what needed to be done.

Now suddenly we were heading for guard headquarters, this Valkyr as our guide, and I found myself uneasy. Not only was Nokama murdered, but Hahli missing as well? And these Toa Arete... I had never heard of them before, and we'd been gone for what, one, two weeks tops? I've lived in this area for months previous, and I couldn't remember them, let alone her claim of ownership and defense of the village. It was all too convenient, them to be here as it happened, everyone else in a possible leadership position either dead or missing. Couple that with the way she talked and held herself... yes, I had made a slip of the tongue, but her reaction was unwarranted, over the top almost, as if... as if she was trying to convince us she was a protector of Ga-Koro. Like it... was an act.

And I KNEW a thing or two about acts. My whole life up until recent had been one. So when she mentioned about obtaining help from the powers-that-be, I was suddenly extremely cautious. Reaching forward I wrapped one had around Cael's shoulder and another around her waist.

"Let's not." I whispered in her ear, activating my Kakama. There was a slight rush of wind as Anthyn spoke nonchalantly to us.

"You know who and what I am. Please, give me your names."

She turned around, but found herself talking to thin air.

When the dizzying sensation passed, Cael found herself on her back porch. Her hut was situated at the edge of town, so where we are was hidden from prying eyes, though the view of Naho Bay was spectacular. My hands were on my hips as I paced before her, an indignant look on her face.

"What was that for?!"

I paused my pacing to look at her, then half-closed my eyes and continued. Granted, this hadn't been a perfect run, many obstacles had come up on the course of this adventure, but overall I had to say this quest had gone rather smoothly, spirit-blessed to say the least. But now here on the last leg we were thrown a curvedisk, something that could significantly alter our mission. In a bad way.

"Because we haven't needed any help from the governing body of any Koro thus far," I started, my pacing slowing down, "and now we have a situation on our hands that screams 'Bad Mojo' to quote Angelus."

She crossed her arms and gave me a look, to which I shook my head. I proceeded to give her my reasons why not to trust this 'Valkyr', the thoughts I had had while following her. "So call me paranoid, but something is not right here, and it's NOT due to Nokama's death. Something was off about her, but I don't know what, and that goes with the entire village. At first I just thought it was the overwhelming sadness of her parting, but now I feel as though it's some undercurrent that is gripping this Koro. Call me paranoid. Maybe I'm just imagining it. But after our recent conversations about the lack of Toa morality and how few of them follow the code, her odd behavior... and not to mention my brush with Heuani."

I finally stopped pacing, crossing my own arms. "Every since I came into contact with him, I've had a heightened sense of perception. I don't know if something rubbed off on me, or maybe it was due to the fact I grappled with pure evil and came out unscathed and uncompromisable... I don't know, it's as if I can feel a sense of darkness and shadow in people not common to most beings. And something's wrong here. Everywhere. We haven't needed much help before, and I don't see any reason to change now."

My voice softened as I approached Cael, placing a hand on her cheek. "I can't take the pain away, but we can't get sidetracked, not now. I know how you feel, but there is nothing we can do about it. What happened in the past or where we were not cannot be undone, but the future is still malleable. There is time for everything, including grief, but right now is not the time. Once this mission is done we can hold a proper time of sorrow, but we need to focus. I need you to focus." I took a breath. "Can you do that? For the better of the mission?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC (Cael)

Cael took a deep breath, and nodded. She would be fine; she always had. As a healer, she had done her best to save everyone who came to her, but she hadn't always succeeded. She had seen death before, more personally than many others. More than Joske probably had.

She had knelt over Matoran and Toa as they gave up their last breaths, succumbing to injuries too grievous even for her to heal. She had come too late to save people. She had failed before. And she remembered every one.

But no loss equated with this one. Cael had never loved one of her patients like she had loved Nokama. Hers wasn't an odd case: the entire village had adored their Turaga. She had been their wise leader, their lighthouse, their protection and guidance for the thousand years of Makuta's reign. Losing the Turaga was like losing a piece of herself; she felt incomplete like no other death had made her feel.

Joske's hand left her cheek and took hold of her shoulder, pulling her into an embrace. Cael relaxed against the Toa of Fire, feeling his body heat warm her, letting him hold her up.

It was so different, having someone to count on. The healer had always shouldered her own problems and responsibilities, not necessarily because she thought she could handle them better by herself, but more because had simply never taken the time to find someone she could depend on. She had cast herself as the calm, professional healer, and never deviated from the role.

But when Joske had come along, he had shown her something she had almost forgotten: friendship. Companionship. What it felt like to have people who stuck by you when you needed it.

Had she really blinded herself so much that she had forgotten the virtues of her people? Had she really forgotten how powerful unity was? Joske wouldn't have gotten halfway on his journey with Agni, or Angelus, or even her. Even Tuara had guided him in her own way. Their success didn't depend on Joske; it depended on the team.

And now it was Cael's turn to depend on her friend. As Joske held her close, she allowed herself to let go of the emotions she had collected and stored away, waiting for a time where she could deal with them one by one. By herself, it was an endless process. But with Joske... she was stronger. She could handle the grief the threatened to break through the dams she had built. She could lean on him.

This train of thought led to another, more familiar one, that suddenly took on a terrifying new light: what would she do if... if she lost Joske?

The thought had crossed her mind before (and always, always, she had buried it away): what would happen when Joske met Heuani?

The Toa of Shadow was the most dangerous Toa on the island. Everywhere, stories were told of his strength, with which he could take on six Toa at once; his power, with which he could move and attack instantly. Most of all, everyone whispered of his charisma, his pure sensuality; with a single word, he could turn enemies into allies and soldiers into servants.

It was also said that he was cruel, and never showed any sign of mercy or pity. If Joske fought him and lost... she would lose him.

Could she handle that? For the first time, Cael allowed herself to dwell on this horrifying possibility. That was the danger of letting people get close to you: it only produced more opportunities for you to get hurt.

She knew it was selfish, but Nokama's death had only brought the danger of their quest into sharper focus. Suddenly, she realized how much she cared for Joske, how much she had come accustomed to seeing him every day, talking with him, laughing with him. Lying with him under the stars. The prospect of losing that was almost too much to bear.

The two Toa pulled apart; they couldn't stay here forever. They needed to keep moving. For the briefest of moments, Cael considered voicing her fears, of begging Joske to call this off, of promising anything if he would just stop this hurtle towards certain death. But she knew what his answer would be. He wouldn't give up his destiny; he wouldn't abandon his duty; he would follow his path to the end, no matter how bitter it promised to be.

And, in a twist of fate, anything she did to help the Toa of Fire would only bring him closer to the dreaded confrontation.

The Toa of Water realized she was afraid, but there was nothing she could do about it. All she could do was pray and hope that Joske would win, and that Nokama's death would be the only one she would have to grieve over.

“I'll be fine,” she said quietly, looking away. She couldn't bear to look him in the eyes. “I know what we need to do.”

Nokama was gone; Hahli was gone; the Marines, according to Joske, were compromised. Cael knew the Toa Arete: they had proved themselves dozens of time over in their defence of the village, but she knew better by now than to disregard Joske's instincts. That left... who?

“Kotu,” she said at last. “She can help us, if there's anyone left who can.”

IC

[Ga-Koro; late morning]

Cael took a deep breath, nodded in agreement... then succumbed.

She cried, weeping in her quiet, deeply emotional way. As I took hold of her shoulder she fell into my embrace, relaxing against me and pulling herself in as close as she could, letting my body heat warm her, supporting her. I simply held her close, allowing her to let go of the emotions she had collected and stored away during this quest, waiting for a time where she could deal with them one by one, letting them go instead of letting them fester beneath the surface. I could feel the sobs as her warm breath escaped her lips, hot tears streaming down her cheeks and onto my chest. She cried for Nokama, and all the emotions that went with it, letting it all out. She squeezed me to tight that for a moment I might lose my breath, but thankfully I didn't. I just held her. Let her release. Gave her someone to lean on. Someone to help her through grief and dismantle the dams she had built for her emotions. Long had she been the one to be there for the sick, the injured, they dying.

Now someone was there for her.

Still, as we pulled apart, I could sense not all was well with her. As much as she had unloaded herself into me, released and dealt with her grief, something else had replaced it. It was almost as though she wished to say something, but at the last moment decided against it. Almost as if she was... afraid of something.

“I'll be fine,” she finally said quietly, looking away. It was as though she couldn't bear to look me in the eyes. “I know what we need to do.”

There was a long silence as she stared out over the bay, completely engrossed with her own thoughts. I was sorely tempted to ask what was bothering her, but I knew better than to do so. I just sincerely hoped whatever it was, she would eventually tell me. “Kotu,” she said at last, finally meeting my concerned gaze. “She can help us, if there's anyone left who can.”

I gave a slow, thoughtful nod. "Yes, Nokama's left hand if I remember correctly. Agreed. Ready?"

I raised a slight eyebrow, a tug of a smile on my lips. A ghost of a one shone on hers as I wrapped my arms around her and activated my Kakama, this time giving her enough time to mentally prepare for the sensory-jarring experience.

"Look, Shasa, I understand you need those items delivered, but have been so busy lately with Hahli gone and these new Rahi that-"

The two Ga-Matoran and their conversation were interrupted by the sudden arrival of two Toa in the animal pens where they were. I looked down at the two speechless ladies, hands on my hips.

"Please, don't stop your conversation on my account. It's not like I'm busy or anything."

Shasa just blinked a few times at my smile, whereas Kotu narrowed her eyes and frowned slightly. "Joske. What a surprise." She turned to Cael, and her face brightened considerably. "Toa Cael! It is wonderful to see you! You've been gone for quite some now, and most of us were getting concerned!" Her face suddenly darkened. "If you've just arrived, then you may not know of- "

"I am aware." Cael said somberly and with much sadness. I let there be a moment between the three water-maidens before I bent knelt down to their level.

"Kotu, I... we need a favor. And you can't tell anyone. It's... rather important."

The matoran eyed me up, unsure whether or not to take me at face value. She had been a long-time opponent of mine, and when I was a matoran living here she had been my usually-scheduled practice buddy... to which she lost. Every time. Now here I show up asking for a favor when all she knew me as was a stuck-up, egotistic and spoiled Kohlii star.

"Why should I help you?" she finally asked.

Clearly I would have to give a convincing answer... which means I would need to tell her of SOME things of my quest. I sighed inwardly, feeling as though this was a bad idea, but I didn't have a choice. We needed her help. "I am looking for charms, charms that will open up a door... a door to a secret, hidden temple. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

The surprise and shock on her face meant I had struck protodermis, but still she said nothing. Both Kotu and Shasa shared a knowing look, before they turned to Cael, who gave them a reassuring nod. Apparently they trusted the Toa of Water much more than they did me.

"And I take it you don't trust the Toa Arete, since you are coming to me?"

I inhaled sharply. They were forcing me to put all my cards on the table, something I loathed to do. Slowly, I shook my head no. Kotu looked at Cael, then to Shasa, then back to me.

"I know not of a hidden temple, but Nixie has been babbling for some time about something under the water out in the bay. As for the charms... "

Neither matoran moved, and Kotu kicked Shasa in the foot. Immediately she produced a small, white circular object, handing it to me sheepishly. It was the Charm of Unity. With a nod of thanks I took it.

"I... found it some time ago." Shasa said quietly, digging a toe in the firm seaweed. "But I suppose I can part with it... if you'd be willing to take some of my weaving goods to Marka and Kai. They should be at the docks."

I took her bag with a smile. "Absolutely; thank you very much. Both of you." I stood, slinging the bag over the shoulder. I paused a second to look down. "Any idea where I can find Nixie?"

"She might be at the docks; if not I am sure Marka and Kai can direct you to her."

I raised an eyebrow. "As for what happened here... "

Shasa giggled a bit, but Kotu kicked her again, both becoming serious. "Not a word."

"Thanks!" I turned to Cael and nodded, removing ourselves from the Rahi pens. "To the docks then."

IC: Liara

"I think it is distinctly unlikely." Liara replied, starting to put her supplies away, and listening to Savina's return. "But I also think that you would be wise not to discuss it further. I do not think your friend would appreciate it."

Not entirely true. But she wasn't lying, either.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Savina - Liara's Home, Ga-koro -

Savina decided she couldn't wait anymore and just let herself inside, looking at Liara and Tehlin with a wide grin. She was practically bounding with excitement about something, you could see it by just looking at her.

"Are you all better now Tehlin? We need to go to Nixie's place! For a...surprise!" She figured it would be easier to explain the whole thing without the doctor present, Anthyn probably wouldn't want strangers finding out about it, even if it sounded crazy. Savina could hardly believe that sooner or later...she was gonna be a Valkyr. It was almost too exciting for her, she felt like her heart was gonna explode.

"Anyway, we should go as soon as possible!"

Karz.

My eyes flicked to towards the door of the room, glancing past the wooden frame. I had hoped that she would've been gone longer, but one could only hope. Both through my connection to my element and my hand on the seat of the chair, I felt the small vibrations of light footsteps on the wooden floor, gradually coming closer. Soon enough, the source of the footsteps walked into the room. Her green and blue armor was practically glowing with the pure excitement radiating outward. A huge grin was stretching across her face, only partially covered by her Faxon. Seeing Savina like this, well, I really couldn't help but smile as well. It was a dramatic shift from her old demeanor, one that was probably for the best.

For a moment, I almost forgot about Anthyn, forgot about why I came here in the first place. But not for long, as Savina mentioned one name: Nixie. A cold pit of dread ripped open my stomach, but my expression didn't change. Nixie. Ga-Matoran astrologer. She was the one. The one who tore my soul from my body, the one who brought the being known as Anthyn into the world. And Savina wanted to go there. This really, really couldn't be good.

"Right, well, that's for the doctor to decide," I said, the feeling growing in me invisable on my face. I glanced at the Toa of Air. Unseen by Savina, an expression that pretty clearly said: "Help" flashed over my face.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"He probably shouldn't leave just yet." Liara said, glancing toward Savina. "WIth the state his ribs are in, he needs to take it easy for a few days, at least. Movement could exacerbate the injuries, prevent them from healing properly."

"Not to mention, he just took some pain medication that tends to make those using it a bit... Odd, for a bit. Add that in to his overtired behavior, and he's really in no state to move around."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"But...I'm suppose to..." Savina's heart sank for a moment, thinking she'd have to meet Anthyn at Nixie's without Tehlin. "So he's gonna be stuck here for days? What if I put him on Grecko's back again? He's my Ash Bear."

Edited by Snelly

Having put away her supplies, Liara picked her coffee mug up once more, sighing her exasperation when she realized it was empty. "I can't in good conscience recommend it. Unlike other types of broken bones, there isn't much that can be done for ribs. You have to make sure nothing disrupts the healing process.""And I can't think of a way he could be carried on the back of an Ash bear without disrupting his ribs anyway."

The Le-Toa shrugged slightly, holding the mug down by her side. "Sorry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"...Doc, what in the Karz did you just pump me full of...?" I asked, more than a bit worried. And I wasn't faking it. Well, not like I was going to argue with staying here for a bit longer... for various reasons. Besides, in this state, I was not ready to meet Anthyn again. For one, breathing itself was painful. Or was, given that the painkillers were starting to take effect. Still, it really put out Savina. "Sorry about that," I said apologetically to her, "I'm sure we can go soon, okay? Just... don't give me that cute sad look, it makes me feel worse."

What was that ringing in my head.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Savina wasn't sure what to do, she needed to bring Tehlin, but Tehlin couldn't come. If she didn't go soon Anthyn would get there and have to wait for her, that wouldn't do.

Her face lit up when she got an idea, "What if...I carried you?"

"I don't think that's a-"

"Carefully?" She said with a cute but sad look on her face.