Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Lenat- Ga-koro IC: The Vortixx did his best to follow the Matoran, jumping from building to building and hauling himself up when he missed the edge, but it seemed that his companion was better at that sort of thing then he was. He stopped right before the large building as Voutok climbed up the side and disappeared over the top. When the De-Matoran spoke, Lenat turned and peered across the village, looking for any sign of a Marine. There seemed to be a distinct lack of them at the moment though. "None in the streets, but I can see the HQ from here."

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran took his eyes off of the group he was observing outside the gates when his hearing picked up on a much closer being: a Toa-sized being walking quickly through the streets bellow. Upon closer examination, Voutok identified him as a Marine."Better yet, I think I found a Marine down there" Voutok pointed toward the fast-walking being. "Maybe he can direct us to the rest of them." With that, the De-Matoran turned the dial of his headphones to "4" and cautiously stepped off the side of the building, drawing one of his bladed discs and using it to slow his decent by sticking it into the side of the seaweed-coated structure as he neared the ground-level, landing a few yards behind the figure."Hello?" he called to the blue-armored figure (the closer he got, the more Voutok seemed to doubt that the being was a Toa), "Are you with the Marines? I'm looking to help, but haven't exactly had any luck finding the right people or opportunities..."[OOC: There you go, Draezeth]

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: Suran

"You would be hard-pressed to find somebody not needing help," said the Lesterin. He looked the De-Matoran up and down and nodded, "I am in the Marines. We seem to be scattered, but I will help you with that you require if it is within my power to do so."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Voutok"Wonderful. Well, for starters, do you have any idea where the rest of the Marines are? The last Marine I saw got stabbed through the chest by the bare hand of a winged Toa...and the one before that was spontaneously decapitated by a giant scythe...so needless to say, I don't exactly know where the full forces are. In fact, me and my companion..." Voutok looked around for Lenat briefly, eventually figuring he was probably climbing down himself right around now. "Well, wherever he is, were about to head toward the Marine HQ."

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC (Lohkar)

"I reckon Doomie's got the flyer's covered," said Lohkar, jerking his thumb at the Toa on the disk-launcher. "As for teleporters...could be more of a problem. Gunner's volunteered ta lead the ground team; I'll stay with the ship an' deal with any boarders. No Rahkshi's settin' foot on my ship without a good kick up 'is metal ar- "

Lohkar was interrupted by Krayn's arrival via magnetism.

"Ah! Lieutenant! Glad you could make it," he said. "So, does the illustrious crew o' the good ship Fowadi 'ave a plan ta deal with the murderous horde o' Makutaspawn standin' about lookin' ugly on the beach?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: [Gunner] - The Infernavika, Waters Off Ga-Koro

When people talk about my arrogance and pride, I must remember to turn their attention to the Po-Koro Guard, and their proficiency for dynamic (and generally extravagant) entrances. That might shut them up long enough to come up with a snappy comeback.

"Right, we've got me, Tellus and Lasinia -- anyone else interested on having a brief, but exciting life ahead of them?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Voutok"I would agree. You can lead the way, being that you are a Marine yourself and know exactly where the HQ is. But first, we should probably wait for Lenat—the Vortixx companion I alluded to—to catch up. Shouldn't be too long. I mean, how long does it take for a Vortixx to climb down from a roof?"

"Wrong."

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: Just then, there was a thump as Lenat jumped off the roof and landed next to the pair.

OOC: Lenat will just be following wherever Voutok goes.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Voutok"Ah, there you are, Lenat. This is...hm...I don't think I caught your name..."

"Wrong."

IC: Voutok"Likewise. Name's Voutok. Now then, shall we?" Voutok said, gesturing for Suran to lead the way to the Marine HQ.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

IC: Suran

The Marine nodded and led the way, walking quickly. It wasn't far at all. Low-ranking Marines like himself were rushing in and out of the building- more out than in- grabbing weapons and anything of use. The appearance of the Rahkshi had only compounded the confusion caused by the betrayal of the 'Toa Arete'. Suran scanned the area. "I see nobody of higher rank here..."

OOC: Could players with higher-ranking Marine characters please send them this way?

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:"Not a specific one, I'm afraid."

Krayn commented, a boosting the sound of the speech of himself and those nearby just enough to reach the Fowadi. They would hear everything, and Krayn could make sure their replies made it to the 'Vika. "For the moment, it would be best not to provoke them. They're standing still; I don't know why, and I don't really care why. It buys us some time to work out a plan.""They're not at the village itself, which means that when the time comes, we're capable of using every weapon available to us. An off-shore bombardment should take care of at least some of the monsters."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Jetzul

"Well, nice timing," the P.I. replied to the newcomer (Bok). "Now a way so that you could get us out of here without tearing us apart... Wait." The toa of iron began to shape out of iron what looked like a cart. "You can push this along and we won't be ripped apart from traveling at super-high speed."

OOC: Disregard my last two posts about going back to Ga-Koro.

IC: Bok

"Okay, but how exactly do I activate my mask? I'm amnesiac and I've only used it accidentally."

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC: Bok

"Sure, but how do we get back into Ga-Koro when the walkway's no longer there?" said Bok as he took off his Kakama. "Ahh, I'm so much...weaker." he said as he handed Jetzul the Kanohi.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC:

The Rahkshi started to move forward.

As a block, each regiment advanced upon their respective Koro. It was all too clear that they had received the order to begin at last; the ones in the lead brandished their staffs and shrieked, intimidating and terrible. All the Rahkshi marched in perfect synchronicity; their precisely composed footfalls made their approach even more ominous. At first the shock of the creatures’ motion and the awful noise they made shocked the Koro defenders into renewed stillness – thanks in part to the Rahkshi of Fear – but it was not long before the Toa and Matoran of Mata Nui remembered their purpose. Remembered their courage.

Volleys of attacks launched forth against the Rahkshi. Elemental nebulae pelted the ranks of spiny things, catching one in the chest, another in the leg, and perhaps driving them back a pace. Arrows, rocks, and anything small enough to throw were airborne projectiles that rained down on the hard backs of the attacking army; in most cases these ricocheted off, but sometimes a lucky arrowhead would bounce off the shell of one Rahkshi and injure another. Blowguns, Madu Cabolo, disks, knives, throwing axes; the first of the Rahkshi fell to their knees. Some, albeit few, did not stand up again, but their collapse was enough to bolster morale. The defenders cheered.

The Rahkshi, as a whole, hadn’t been slowed by the ranged attacks. They swatted aside elemental constructs, broke through walls of ice and stone as easily as if they’d been made of paper. The dark beasts started to use their own abilities, fighting back. Sonic clusters broke walls, sent Matoran on them flying away; whirring cyclones gathered all around, full of separately summoned chain lightning; hazes of confusion and fear were dangerous pockets of air that, if stepped into, would make a defender lose his or her head until he or she was pulled out; the ground beneath the defenders’ feet warped, lost its density, crumbled; beams of thin laser vision sliced through weapons and unwary bodies.

Where there were gaps to be bridged or large obstacles to be overcome, the Rahkshi leapt into the air and assumed the shapes of arrowheads, hovered for a moment, and then zinged towards their foes. The melee started in earnest, and both sides surged towards each other. Swords and spears and axes and shields blocked the first savage swipes of Rahkshi steel, sparked against the sharp blades at the end of the infamous staffs. The quicker weapons retorted in turn, scored a few blows on their foes; the slower ones were wounded.

The fighting was intense; the Koro defenders were fuelled with the righteous rage of protecting their homes. The Rahkshi were the greater force, but would not be met with surrender. Toa and Matoran fought with fury, fought like they knew that one day their deeds would be remembered in the great legends. This was the ultimate struggle for survival. This was the fight that they needed to win.

But they were losing.

The Rahkshi pressed their advantage gleefully, pushing the defenders back into their Koros, getting their first real footholds into the cities. Slowly but surely, even against a tide of renewed desperation, the Rahkshi advanced further. They crushed homes; they crushed anything they could get their hands on. The defenders were virtuous, but the Rahkshi were too strong. All was nearly lost; the tide of the battle had turned.And, instantly, it turned again.

It was as though a switch had been turned inside the Rahkshi. All at once, they all seemed disoriented, looked sharply around, hissed to themselves. Upon noticing that they were surrounded by their own kind, the eyes of Rahkshi widened in shock, and then narrowed dangerously. As though suddenly aware that they were all similarly charged magnets and that they felt the strong desire to repel, they imploded. Rahkshi began to fight Rahkshi, and began to slay one another viciously. Slugs squealed as they were plucked out of carapaces and crushed in iron fingers; staffs clanged against one another until first blood; sharp teeth dug into unprotected undersides. Shrill, pained screams filled the air.

It took the defenders a few moments to process what exactly was happening. But once they saw that the resolve of their foes was gone, their spirits soared, and their objective became very simple: push the Rahkshi out of the Koros, let them destroy themselves elsewhere. With renewed vigor, Toa and Matoran cooperated to drive back the Rahkshi, which was a far easier task than before. They were wild beasts now and, when shoved with elemental attacks, blades, and even fists, they opted to take the path of least resistance: backwards.

As they ran on their long legs back the way they’d come, Rahkshi encountered other Rahkshi doing the same thing and, as though mutually offended another had stolen their strategy, they brawled. Usually, only one came out alive. The grounds before the Koro were littered with the rent corpses of Rahkshi, trodden carelessly underfoot by those still fleeing. Into jungles, down snowy slopes, over white cliffs, through dark tunnels, over dunes, into burnt wasteland (or straight into a lava lake), the surviving Rahkshi – perhaps a quarter of those that had attacked – spread out in all directions. They were territorial creatures, and each sought its own domain.

Parties of quick-footed Toa followed some of these Rahkshi and, after difficult duels, killed them as well, but most of the Rahkshi had slipped away too quickly to be caught. The defenders hardly cared; they were so exhausted, so utterly happy to have survived, that the escaped creatures were the last things on their minds. They had won! They had done the unthinkable, and they had won!

It was only once the overjoyed clapping of backs, cheering, and crying had died down that the denizens of the Koros started to wonder why they had won. They’d been so close to being wiped out, until something in their foes had changed... It had been as though the Rahkshi had instantaneously lost their sense of direction, or they’d all been beheaded-

Could it be?

Was it even possible?

It was the only answer that made sense.

Did they dare hope?

Hope is tenacious. It snuck into their heads whether they liked it or not.

The theory spread with the rapidity of wildfire, and it wasn’t long before everyone had the idea planted in his or her mind. The thought was appealing, too appealing. Could they really give it any credit? Perhaps this was all an elaborate trick. Then why had so many of the Rahkshi died, first? He wasn’t one to be wasteful… No… It was still the only answer that made sense.

The rest of the day, for many, was a haze. Post-battle cleanup was difficult, as many vital structures on the outside of the Koro had been broken. Fatalities were surprisingly low, though many had been dealt severe wounds. If the battle had gone on longer, they wouldn’t have received the medical treatment they’d needed to survive. The defenders praised Mata Nui the umpteenth time that day for their good fortune. Everyone milled about the streets, finding their friends and allies, feeling weights lift from their weary shoulders as they saw that these people had survived, too.

It had been a bright afternoon, and it darkened into a beautiful evening. The stars seemed to shine more brightly than they had the evening before. The dead were mourned, and dismissed in the customary way by full-Koro funerals. Guards were still posted at the borders of the Koros, watching for a return of their enemies, but no retaliation came, not that evening, nor the next day.

Blue skies blessed the inhabitants of the island once again. The reparation process continued, and as they patched walls and huts, the Matoran chatted with each other happily. Smiles broke out on faces where they hadn’t been seen for years. With each passing instant, last night’s theory seemed more and more tangible. No Rahi, no more Rahkshi lining up. The warrior Toa assembled in parties to search the nearby wilderness for Rahkshi stragglers. A few were found and caught, but most seemed to have gone quite deep, and they were dismissed as threats for later. It was a gorgeous morning, and their Koros needed their help in restoration.

The only ominous sense that endured clung to the tunnels from which the Rahkshi had emerged. The black holes, wide enough for the passage of armies, were gaping maws in the earth, which made you shudder to look at. Light seemed to be swallowed unnaturally by these vile passages; everyone could guess where they led, and so they were watched with the utmost vigilance. If there were to be a second army, the Koros would not be caught unawares.

The guards saw some motion from within the tunnels. The patter of footfalls echoed around the wormlike passages, emerging amplified into the air outside. The watchmen sounded the alarms, and as quick as lightning, the Koros reassembled for combat. They dreaded what would come out of the tunnels. They held their weapons ready, and they were weary. How happy they had been instants before.

At last, the source of the footfalls emerged into the light. Out of the hole came a tired-looking Toa nobody had seen before. This Toa, dwarfed by the huge tunnel opening behind him, had a hand shielding her eyes from the bright sun, which gleamed off of her armor, revealing it to be a corresponding hue to the Koro’s natural residents. At the sight of the Toa, everyone was quiet. Who could this be? Was it a friend, or an enemy? Silence and stillness greeted the mysterious Toa as she stepped out of the tunnel and into the sunlight.

As the Toa’s eyes adjusted, her hand lowered, and her audiences could see that she wore an unknown Kanohi. Strapped to her body were powerful, noble-looking tools. Something in the Toa’s eyes glowed with a reassuring power. The older Matoran in the crowd found something familiar about the way the Toa bore herself.

When the Toa spoke at last, she didn’t just confirm last night’s rumor to be true; she explained it. Her existence explained it.

“Makuta is gone.”

In the distant ocean, amid the dancing waves, a small something broke the surface. The water lapped against it and dotted its thin crystal viewport with droplets of foam.

The eyes below the viewport gazed. They were met by vague mist, the kind of thin fog that clung to land. Sure enough, below the haze was a dark line sitting on the horizon.

The periscope lowered as it moved forward, cutting through the sea.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png