Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: ReaverShe look in disgust at Tillian. Bloody Normals. This sudden change of heart was odd, to say the least. Maybe it was for the better. Her friends were only a burden to achieving her destiny. To ignore them is to ignore a distraction.'Praggos is right. We're running out of options, and time.' She held up her wrist, revealing her Timestamp. Four days were ticking away, second by second.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

OOC: Lul, Tillian has fangs, how does that make him normal? XDIC: Emotia - Ga-Wahi -Emotia stayed right by Tillian as the group moved down the beach, maybe...in some strange way, it was best that this had happened, they could finally get to the temple, and hopefully there would be a way to be cured of the marks forever.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: IrisIris dropped back with Emotia and Tillian. He'd realized his Timer ticked up while he fed his Mark, but as usual, there were two separate opinions on that.Over the course of several minutes, his eyes faded to their usual blue. As this happened, his expression morphed from a scowl to one of sadness and resignation. Jikal was back in charge. At one point, he looked over to Tillian and Emotia, but dropped his eyes the instant either of them made eye contact.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Emotia - Ga-Wahi -Emotia glanced at Jikal...who dropped his eyes when she tried to look at him, the color of his eyes gave away that it was currently Jikal in control...and not Iris. Still...it was largely his fault she could never go back to Ga-koro, she didn't know what to say to him, she sighed and said something simple. "Hey..."

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: Jikal"Hello..." Jikal replied, his tone speaking of a guilty soul, one that remembers every action and regrets them.When Emotia had first met him, he'd carried himself with dignity and pride, despite his situation. Now, his shoulders were slumped and heh looked at the ground. His posture was that of someone barely clinging to the banks of the river of life, and it wouldn't take much to kick him away, and leave him drifting forever.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Emotia - Ga-Wahi -Emotia looked at Jikal with a bit of sympathy, it had to be karz to have someone like Iris living inside your head, especially since he took over his body frequently. "Look, I don't blame you for what happened...that was all Iris, and Utu, Yuru, and so on..." Emotia didn't want him to feel like she hated him, at least not the Jikal side of him.

IC: JikalJikal was quiet a moment. Even when he started speaking, he kept looking down at his feet. "You should.""My Mark wasn't active, at the start. I could have stopped him from coming out, should have stopped him. But I didn't. I let myself be brushed aside like a leaf in the wind, because I was dying anyway. I gave up.""I decided to just wallow in self pity. Iris confronted me with the things I've done, the fact that I will never be able to atone, and I couldn't take it.""I was weak. And because of it, more innocent blood is on my hands. Because of it, more people have had their lives ruined."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Ketan)"Of course, of course," Greed said soothingly. "Stay in the background, by all means."My plans don't require everyone to make small talk with every fisherwoman. You've seen how easy it is to stir up the Matoran; all it takes is a shred of evidence, an empowering speech, and some good acting, and they'll turn on the first person you show them."The Toa of Air sighed. "Empathise with them for a moment. You are small of stature, and rely mostly on greater beings to protect you. But, instead of helping you, half the time or more they turn on you, destroying your homes for fun, killing your friends in petty squabbles, and still touting their title of 'hero'."We have stepped into a vacancy left by the Toa of old. Since Tahu and Gali fell, the island has never seen heroes like them, pure and utterly devoted to the Matoran. We, by playing the Arete, have fulfilled that fantasy, that dream that slumbered for so long. The villagers will do anything for us, because they believe we will do anything for them."Greed smiled. "All we must do is continue our charade, and convince the Matoran beyond any doubt that we are their protectors. Once they truly believe (and they are already very close to fully believing), they will willingly give us all we ask for and more."

IC: Emotia - Ga-Wahi -Emotia stared at Jikal for a bit, unsure what to say. He'd just openly admitted he could of done something, but had given up. He seemed incredibly broken, a shell of who he once was. Emotia couldn't imagine what that was like, nor did she want to.Emotia then looked at Jikal very sternly. "Then make up for it. Next time he tries to take over...don't let him, make every effort to stop him. Be relentless."

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: JikalSomryhing flickered across Jikal's face. An unknown emotion, maybe sadness.... Guilt? Horror?"But would I be any better? Even if I stop him from coming out, the Mark has to be fed. And if I resist it, it will take over and I won't be able to stop it."He looked at his Mark. "It's almost like its alive. Alive, malevolent, and hungry. Iris serves it willingly, reveling in the power it grants him. I hate it, but I am forced to serve it just the same."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Emotia - Ga-Wahi -Emotia felt a pang of guilt, it was easy for her to say to fight it, her mark only fed on excitement, something that could easily be caused without harming anyone. But with Jikal's mark that was a lot more difficult, nearly impossible, it fed off cruelty. "I'm sorry...sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have a mark that feeds off something harmless, excitement." She sighed. "Though, you in control is still better than Iris any day."

IC: Jikal"If you knew the things I knew, you might not say that." Jikal replied quietly, mebories resurfacing in his mind that he did his best to push away."You have no need to be sorry. Someone responsible for so much death and destruction does not deserve sympathy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Jikal"Emotia, for me, it isn't that simple." Jikal sighed, finally looking at Emotia. "You'll be able to go back. Once your Mark is gone, you and Tillian will go back to Ga-Koro, almost as if nothing ever happened.""I can't go home." A look of pain appeared in his eyes, as the memories he spoke of fought to the forefront of his mind and refused to leave. "When I received my Mark, I ran into my best friend. He was terrified, terrified of the glow in my eyes and the Mark on my shoulder.""I didn't understand any more than he, my mind still recovering from whatever they used to drug us. He attacked out of fear, and I... I didn't know my strength. I raised my send to defend myself, and the next thing I heard was the sickening crack as he hit the ground....."He looked down again, and he seemed even more empty than he did before the story. Before he broke eye contact, Emotia might have seen the small glint of light reflected in the water welling in his eyes. "Even if my Mark is removed, it won't matter. The things I've done, the things my body has done.... There is nothing waiting for me after death except the Pits of Karzahni."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:The doctor took a double-take at Ravage, whose calling the dea Matoran a 'stiff' had obviously rubbed the Matoran the wrong way. "We do not know what happens to the souls of the departed once they have left this realm of existence, but if they can somehow see what is going here, I dare say they would not appreciate being named after the rigor mortis that has taken hold of their corporeal forms. Imagine if we did the same with the living...I am sure you would gather numerous unflattering names for yourself if that were the case."Rewera, while the doctor spoke, had placed the Matoran upon the surgical table between them, removing the cloth they had wrapped him in. "Doctor." she said, rather sternly, bringing his attention back to the matter at hand. The Matoran raised his eyebrows, drawing in a shapr breath. The sight was hard to stomach, even for him. His professionalism took over quickly though and with it the curiosity every new case brought with it. He leaned forward and closely letting his eyes wander across the broken form in front of him. He continued in this fashinon for several minutes, uttering soft 'hmm's' and 'ah's' when something revealed itself to him. The two Toa waited patiently while the doctor went about his work. After the visual inspection he began to pull out his knives and other tools, putting on a pair of gloves. "This ought to be interesting." he mumbled, as he made the first inciscion.--------------------Eventually, the coroner was finished with his autopsy, looking up at the Toa. "Well," he started, as he pulled the gloves off of his hands, disposing of them in a trashcan, "I am at a loss here. I have seen my fair share of death, but this has to be among the most gruesome ways to go that I know about. The wounds are several days old, but surprisingly fresh. Since he is a Ko-Matoran and I found traces of frostbite in his fingers, I take it you found him frozen almost or completely solid, yes?"Rewera nodded. The doctor furrowed his eyebrows. "The injuries are appearing to be consistent with those made by Matoran knives, the same edges along the cuts, commonly the result of such slashes, but...""What is it?" the female Toa asked. The doctor pointed at the crossed out symbol of the three virtues carved into the flesh of the Matoran. "I have heard of this before. A report from Onu-Koro. The great mine was partially flooded. When they finally got to the bodies of those that died in that accident they found a Matoran murdered in similar fashion." Rewera noticed something in the doctors eyes. There was obviously something else. "And...?" she prompted him. The doctor took a deep breath, once more leaning closely over the dead body. "This was made with a single cut for each part of the symbol...to even think that one of our kind would have done this is horrible as it is...but I digress. The thing is, these are deep slashes. The Matoran who did this must have been very strong.""Or not a Matoran..." Ravage cut in."I do not wish to think that there is a creature, whatever species it may be, out there, that is not merely content with murder, but finds pleasure in...this." the doctor said, the doubt of the Toa's suggestion clearly audible in his voice."You may have to get used to the knowledge that such beings exist, even here."Rewera took a small bow. "Thank you doctor. You have been of great service to us. Please, forward your report to the other villages, my friend and I will get to the bottom of this."They bid the coroner farewell and left the submerged room again, stepping through the door back into the busy corridors of the hospital. They made their way past several Matoran, nurses and patients, until the stepped out of the front door.But they had barely walked ten steps when their path was suddenly blocked by a whole squad of Marines. Rewera was about to say something, when the sergeant of the squad barked an order. The next moment the two Toa found their arms seized and pulled forward. Rewera's instincts told her to get rid of the small figures, but she forced herself to remain calm. Resistance was no use, besides, the Marines sudden change of behaviour was too sudden to not have a specific reason. If they played along, they might find out what that reason was.Four Matoran each were busy checking Ravage's and her arms, twisting them around, almost to an uncomfortable level, until they were satisfied. When their grip loosend, Rewera yanked her hands free."They're not mark-bearers." one of the Marines stated. The sergeant nodded, then signaled for the Marines to move out again. "What is this about, Matoran?" she demanded, coldly. "Hunting criminal mark-bearing Toa. None of your business now. Stay out of it." the sergeant replied shortly. His tone was enough to let her know he would answer no more questions. As the Matoran left, she turned to Ravage. "Do you know what he was talking about?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Tawara (Briani's Hut)Tawara wasted no time. She bolted behind Briani, attempted to draw her knife and ended up collapsing onto the ground in sheer terror. Iris frightened the Matoran like nothing else ever had, more than she would have believed was possible. This time, he would kill her and all the others. She was sure of it.Yet death did not come, and nearly a minute later Tawara finally looked up. The Toa of Lightning had disappeared.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

IC: RavageRavage's muscles were tensed with fury, his teeth bared in a savage snarl at the departing Marines.His claws had scored the ground while they checked him, the slashes deep in the surface. His torso rose and fell with each breath, as he fought down the urge to go after the insolent Matoran and teach them a lesson.Even now, the coroner's lecture lingered in his mind. His anger at how Eavage had referred to the dead Maroran. He looked over to Rewera, slowly relaxing as his own rage faded to a less obvious level. "Mark Bearers are brings who bear a special Mark on some part of their body. Usually the arm. They feed on a specific emotion, and it makes them stronger. The more of the emotion, the stronger they are.""And most of them aren't nice people."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Norathed:Norathed, who had awaked a few moments ago, felt the need to stretch his wings and survey the new land around him. Norathed quickly climbed to the top of the tallest tree he could find, and jumped off, first gliding, then as he neared the ocean, using his wings to propel himself higher into the air. From the sky, Norathed saw that most of this part of the island was coast, with white/yellow grass near the water instead of harsh cliff like in Le-Wahi. Above all, there was a village off of the mainland, which Norathed circled a few times in interest before flying away and back down into the forest.OOC: Feel free to noticed small flying "dragon".

IC: Norathed:Norathed had landed in a tree. Not on one, but in one. Something, perhaps a tropical storm, had resulted in the top part of the tree being pulled off, and leaving a hollow inside protected by hardened bark. One that Norathed had landed in, and was stuck in. Norathed scrabbled about on the inside, no way to go but up, and no way to climb up either.

IC: Lux Saran"This is turning into a recurring problem, isn't it?" Lux thought aloud, half-grinning, "I think we've pretty much done all there is to do in Ga-Koro. Maybe we ought to move on, somewhere with little more... action."A moment of silence followed, before being shattered once again, "You're a Po-Toa, right? I'm a Po-Matoran. How about the Koro named after us?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: HakilveThe Po-Toa grinned, and replied, "Sounds good, man. To the action packed Po-Koro it is!"His grin growing, Hakilve lifted Lux up onto his shoulders and made for the Ga-Koro docks. A few beings along the way stared at a Po-Matoran riding a four-armed Toa, but Hakilve didn't seem to notice as he stepped over the lily pads and to the wooden structure.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Venedico (Ga-Koro)"And how, exactly," asked Dico, arms crossed and leaning against a wall as he stared at Greed, "do you propose to give them that final little push towards belief?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: NorfanI walked closer to where the flying thing had gone, but didn't see it anywhere. I thought I heard a scrabbling sound from in a nearby tree and started to climb it. Being a Ga-Matoran, I wasn't the best climber, but I had had plenty of experience from searching for good carving wood.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles