Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Anxilia/Living Mask Toa, feel free to leave. (And by feel free I mean get out or I'll have to use assault, and you'll lose your memory anyways.) The next plot objective will come....soon.

IC: Derictorius - JL - Floria

Underneath the pool, Derictorius heaved himself off his chair, pressing his weight onto his staff. The blue lights that were reflected from the water....it was harmonious. Yet, it didn't make him forget about the powers that Lightning had. After all, just a few hours ago, he had managed to summon lightning that had turned a matoran into Toa, and a group of Toa's masks into sentient beings.

Anxilia.

Time to let them run wild. He pulled down on a lever, even as he used up small amounts of his elemental energy to fuel the massive - battery, the best thing to call it would be - that circulated around the entire structure. Electricity followed the conductors in a certain path, twisted from its original road in a ring around the pool of water, which still flowed in and out from and back into the sea. The electricity's divertion also caused a pathway of light - moving light - as if signifying where the door was to the Toa that were above him.

And yes, it did show them the door, which JL had stoof by. He felt the electricity pass by and activate a complex mechanism, which moved the door sideways, a flat, polished metal door on one side, and rocks and cliff-hanging plants on the other. A camouflage.

JL was the 3rd Toa out. He walked, towards the village of Ga-Koro, anxious to get some understanding, away from the dark, even as the sun's reflection came up on the east. The light made him cringe; He'd spent too long under the ground, adjusted to the blue lights flashing and the darkness that always followed. As colors of the sands of the beach, of the blue seas, of the green trees and plantlife around him were saw by his eyes and acknowledged by his mind, another voice, not of his thoughts, but going into his mind, echoed, as if he heard someone speak.

You know we'll forget all about where we came from, right? I don't even know how.

Yeah, I know. I can already feel it, like my mind is overloading. But don't worry. We'll remember it. We'll find it again. I don't know - or have any reason to go back there. Until then, we're free.

=====

Floria stoof. She'd gotten supplies and news from Ga-Koro. Now she needed to find that scumbag Lesterin and kick him in the face. Oh, she would enjoy it.

Sector?

I know.

Lets to kick him in the jaw. You don't - ever - mess with a fellow pirate.

Eyes reflecting the light of the sun, smiling, already forgetting the cavern, and the night before, she sailed alone - no, not alone, her shield as a board and a sail hoisted by her weapon - the true use for her tools - and watched as the waves lapped against her feet, while she used her control over the wind to bring her north, to the village of the sands.

OOC: Floria to Po-Wahi.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Zealokan

He sure was doing a lot of standing and listening today, as he stood beside Havon and Merror, and silently reminisced back to the days when he and Skyra built Gliders and almost caught criminals with said Gliders before failing hilariously and near-fatally.Those were the days. He almost brought it up to the two Toa of Fire, but thought otherwise. It seemed unfitting.'So now what do we do?' Zealokan asked the two Ta-Toa.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: (Ga-Koro)

Somewhere in the back of the village, meanwhile, a scene that in any other day would've been the main source of amusement for a hundred cheeky villagers was taking place. A woman's strident voice echoed through the air, accompanied in a duet by the sound of breaking ceramics.

"You scoundrel! You wastrel! You drunkard! You bloody skier!" a Toa of Lightning kept shrieking, all the while flinging actually rather valuable porcelain ware at a Toa of Plasma who was trying his best to stand up straight. She was standing by the door of an inn, so reproducing the actual turn of events wasn't difficult. Vague, maybe, but not difficult.

"Hey, lady," Cylund grumbled, pointing his finger at her, his face almost red with more offense than drunkenness. "I may have drunk all your mead, turned out to be broke, fooled around with your daughter, and almost accidentally drowned your husband, and I may have at some point convinced your cook to leave work to become an adventurer, but I don't bleeding deserve to be called a skier."

The woman shrieked meaninglessly from desperation and slammed the door. "Out with you!"

Cylund, who was, as mentioned before, under the influence of intoxicating chemicals usually contained in one or other beverage, merely shrugged, or attempted to. The result was a spectacular display of him almost crashing down to the ground, reaching out with his hand only at the last minute towards nothing at all - or it seemed to him like it was nothing, because the sound that nothing made was of a Ga-Matoran being grabbed by the throat. The Toa of Plasma managed to withhold himself from collision with the ground by holding on to this throat, but for fear of choking this poor Matoran Cylund, halfway back up, let go and reached to the other side. There, the nothing did not contain Ga-Matoran, and Cylund fell again, this time to be grabbed by someone who put him back on his feet.

"Thanks, bro," he gulped out and set off. At this point in time, he was as broke as a Le-Matoran, and as drunk as one. So it wasn't a surprise, or at least shouldn't have been a surprise, when he wandered into Ga-Koro's main thoroughfare (somehow entirely avoiding the Marines that were monitoring proper entry into the street, or the crowds that would've never let him through. Later, people said they saw him jump down from a rooftop), utterly incapable of noticing Nokama's procession upon that dais of theirs and doing his best at making a disorderly advance in the direction of said procession. This must be noted: he altogether ignored the presence of the crowds, pushing them aside - right before being pushed aside as well.

If someone is curious as to whether he'll notice them at all without help... the answer is no. Never.

Edited by Leon Davidovich Trotsky

IC: Wrath's position was guardian of the festivities. He patrolled their borders silently, glaring at any newcomers who seemed shady to detect any sort of criminal air or simply to intimidate them into not trying anything. Out of all the Daedra, he was suited for this job best. He did not like to display artistic ability or to decorate. To guard the turaga would be terrible for him considering how much his fingers twitched with murderous anticipation at the thought of wringing that darnable wench's neck. Instead, he protected the people. And he'd do so with all his strength if necessary.

Right now, though, instead of patrolling the borders, he was entering the crowd. He'd spotted a new kind of shady person to be wary of. A drunkard toa of Plasma was sloppily swaggering through the masses, moving towards the procession. While those possessed by alcohol had a tendency to only vaguely annoy him, as opposed to those who were foolish without it, it was his duty to extricate the toa before his inebriated behavior upset anything. So Wrath strode forth to contact the drunk.

The crowd parted before him as might the Red Sea. He was tall and broad enough that all shifted in his way. His stride was intimidating and purposeful; added to his cloak and flaring gaze, he seemed to be a great thunderhead sweeping in to unleash punishing lightnings. And his reputation only enabled his awesome presence further. He had previously thought alongside the physical goddess of Anthyn, earning the respect of many a matoran, and rumors of how his power had punted the pirates' ship to Po-Koro for jailing elsewhere still persisted. Thus, it was with ease that he cut through the throngs and came to block the path before the toa with arms crossed.

"I'm afraid this isn't the way to your home, sir," He rasped softly. "I suggest you leave."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: (Ga-Koro)

The Toa of Plasma, swaying from side to side, seemed to have noticed the mass of people around him for the first time. He threw to both the left and the right a confused glance, and then tried, unfortunately, to fixate his eyes on the person talking to him, right in front of him. It didn't work. What did work was fixating his eyes on three identical Wraths.

"Huh? Oh. Uh. Um, I'll just... get going. I'll... go find my girl. One of them. And do stuff---"

About now would be a time for the weak of heart and those of you who have never experienced the thrill of killing a live dragon without moving from your computer chair to go grab a drink before reading this. A strong one. And then observe the havoc that not even due to Cylund (which is more a surprise than anything) broke out in this particular section of the crowd.

Some guy, who history would later reveal to be the unfortunate bar owner who Cylund nearly drowned just today, was ill-brought by fate to this particular area, swinging a fist toward the Toa of Plasma's face. As the blow connected, Cylund saw stars. Before long, the celebration had become a celebratory riot, as the people around Cylund either took to argument, and soon blows with the bar owner, or simply saw this as a good sign from the gods that it was about time to cut with the ridiculous banner waving and patriotism and get on with a good old fashioned mass fight.

Meanwhile, Cylund lay unconscious on the ground with the grin of a sleeping child.

IC-Nokth:

"We might have a bit of a problem on our hands, Ta," Nokth quietly noted as the crowd's composure quickly fell apart. "Now, we must contain it. Likely with different methods than we would normally employ."

IC-Grochi:

"What? We're delivering justice now?" Grochi asked with a grin, his rapier already out and ready to be plunged through one of Arkei's kidneys. He had quickly teleported to that very position, and the man between him and Perkahn was likely to have a bad time.

"I take it that this justice will involve fire and blood?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Embok

A lone figure approched Ketan and Anthyn, but he wasn't a Marine. His golden armor was shining, and almost seemed to glow like his every element. His eyes were bright, the orbs burning with a light that was rarely seen under his Kanohi. As a matter of fact, there seemed to almost be a smile on the otherwise emotionless Toa of Plasma's face. The return of his Turaga had done much to heal an old wound. Not completely, but it was still healing. He had not the chance to talk to Nokama personally, having been dealing with an infected Tarakava that had gotten a bit too close for comfort to the Koro of Water when the Turaga of Water returned. "Toa Ketan, Toa Anthyn," Embok said, the tall Toa bowing deeply to the two Toa Arete in greeting. "Might I join you?"

Embok had already notified the Guard the he would be taking the place of the two Marines in protecting Nokama, but his late return to the village had delayed the news to reaching the Toa Arete guarding Nokama. Not for the first, or the last, time, Embok was glad to have Toa such as the Arete protecting the village he loved. As such, the Toa of Plasma had thrown his full support behind the the Toa Team, something that only furthured the Arete's position even more.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: "Agreed," Wrath rasped. He brought forth his sword and drew himself up to full height. Now the cumulonimbus towered, glares seeming to become bolts and blade flashing in dark hands.

"SILENCE!," He roared. "Senseless violence will bring us nowhere. If you continue to brawl as such, I will see to it that you are incapacitated and incarcerated."

His eyes narrowed.

"Personally."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: (Ga-Wahi Plains)

"Oh, and lots of them," Perkahn said, grinning and drawing his battleaxe from behind his back. As Grochi prepared to strike Arkei's kidney, Perkahn lunged forward with the axe, aiming for the head.

Back in the academy, such a combat scenario - involving two opponents, one armed with a relatively light weapon such as a rapier, and the other armed with a heavy, two-handed weapon such as a battleaxe - was popularly referred to as the Collide and Conquer Routine. The most popular solution involved rolling out of the way to avoid both blows, possibly. However, it would not be suitable in this situation, where Arkei had just one second to avoid Grochi's stab and then hardly enough time afterward to avoid a blow from Perkahn. So, using just a millisecond of thought, he combined a solution that was both more hilarious and much more successful.

Deflecting Grochi's stab with the heart of his left wristblade, he lunged towards Grochi's left shoulder with the right one. This, however, was a bluff made to call out Grochi's defenses as he delivered a sudden strike towards Perkahn nobody really expected.

He kicked Perkahn in the groin.

The Toa of Iron didn't quite understand what happened, at first. He reflexively stretched his hands out to cover there, but realizing - correctly - that Arkei would use this as a chance to attack, he hastily fell to the ground and rolled aside, just in time (his groin still hurting, too) to avoid Arkei's circular slash. The Toa of Stone then reverse-pirouetted, lunging towards Grochi.

IC - Decaia - Ga-Koro Main Square: While Turaga Nokama had given her speech--and, indeed, even during her trek through the crowd--Decaia had been seated atop the tallest hut on the outskirts of the mass of people. Unlike the others, he had elected to take on a more 'artistic' job as opposed to a guard one, reaching out with his powers and manipulating the water around the gigantic main square lily pad for a myriad of purposes.

His primary goal was to keep away any potential watery threats to the square, feeling for approaching Tarakava or dispersing any bigger-than-usual waves. However, as the procession had gone on longer and longer, and he had realized that there literally was no cause for worry given the large number of people present, Decaia had started to cause strings of water to rise, forming intricate shapes and patterns--symbols of love, of welcoming, all signs for the Turaga to see, all things to melt her heart away with joy.

Joy. Joy. Joy joy joy joy joy.

Gods, I hate that word... Decaia thought, smiling and nodding at a waving passerby without betraying a hint of what was going on in his head. His feelings from earlier were still heavily prevalent in his heart, and each passing moment was only making him more inwardly aggravated. The fact that Nokama could receive such an open welcome from the villagers, even with that... that creature on her back, a blatant, Makuta-made stain on her very being... Oh, but of course--she was the wonderful leader. No darkness could corrupt her swaths of never-ending light.

Toa 'Caidae' stopped his mental rant only when Nokama approached the flower arrangement in the center of the square, observing it for a moment before wiping a tear of (he assumed) disbelief and happiness from her eye.

And then she moved on, forced forward by the crowd, beginning her speech shortly after.

Hmph. Yeah, you enjoy that, you old crone, the Toa of Water silently spat. Have fun. Enjoy the village that the very people you oppose kept safe for you in your absence. I just hope that the truth is revealed to you on your deathbed...

Two strings of water rose from either side of the dais, rising and then dipping down to form a gigantic heart that framed Nokama's position. Thinner trails that spread from them formed to create the Unity-Duty-Destiny symbol, punctuating her joy as she was led back to her hut by Ketan and Anthyn. With little attention being paid to it at this point, Decaia released his grip on the threads of water, allowing the shape to fall like rain upon the dais--not that the drunk and distracted populace would notice...

And I sincerely hope I am there to see your face when it is...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC-Grochi:

"Now, my dear, young fellow," Grochi said, tut-tutting as he stepped out of the way of the lunge, "You can't honestly expect me to let myself be taken quite so easily. I will admit your kick was a rather unorthodox maneuver, but if you truly think to get the better of me..." Grochi grinned, and a second later he had teleported forwards a foot, the point of his rapier just resting on Arkei's Adam's Apple.

"I am afraid that you would be wrong. Go ahead, move. You'll have this blade resing in your brainstem no greater than one-eightieth of a second later."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: KynaeraMiddayGa-KoroSo this is a celebration.Bright colors, brighter smiles, constant chatter. The sunlight draped across the partygoers like a shimmering veil. The lily pad swayed a bit underneath the movement of so many people, its undulations coordinated with the musical performance by a local band near the center of Ga-Koro.Kynaera was the lone rocky outcropping in a sea of joyous faces. She had been to parties before, yes, but almost always high-brow ones served with wine and formal wear. This was, to her, an alien immersion into one of the nuances of Matoran society: their undying cheer.A spark of irritation flared in her chest.Instinctively she moved to find the edge of the crowd, then realized the only gaps available would open her to scrutiny by adoring fans of the Toa Arete and resignedly waded through the crowd till she reached the door of an open hotel that was providing victuals free of charge in honor of Nokama's return.We have done more for this village than Turaga Nokama has done in remembered history, yet the Matoran still nearly apotheosize her. Why?She couldn't answer her question. Lack of knowledge irked her. The spark in her chest produced wisps of smoke that drifted into her brain and coalesced into thoughts of frustration and loneliness. She was in the midst of a party, and yet she was still alone. She did not understand the Matoran, and they did not understand how she, a hero in their eyes, could have such a vacant expression.With surgical precision, Kynaera picked a small fruit from one of the dishes on the snack table and took a bite.

IC: (Ga-Wahi Plains)

"I don't have to move," Arkei said, quiet and unsmiling. Grochi suddenly felt something tug at his left rib. Upon inspection, he would find that it was Arkei's right wristblade, its tip pointed right at the skin.

"Who do you think is the faster stabber here?"

"Me," came Perkahn's cold as chilled soda reply from behind. Arkei found the tip of the Toa of Iron's battleaxe at his throat. "If you stab Grochi, you will never deal a wound that will be immediately fatal before one of us kills you dead. You've lost."

"Did I, now?"

The feeling in Perkahn's gut that something was going to go immensely wrong right now was a true one. Distracted by the truth of their inevitable victory, they did not consider the fact that the problem of a person before them was a Toa of Stone, and thus endowed with certain inalienable rights, such as life, liberty and the ability to summon pillars of stone with a tap of their feet.

It was a risky method - Perkahn's axe could've shaved Arkei's head clean off his shoulders, if the Toa of Iron would be fast enough to react, not to mention the damage Grochi's rapier was prone to cause. Fortunately, Arkei did not care much for his face, so he didn't mind the scar across his neck and chest that this maneuver produced as said pillar suddenly shot upward.

"Perkahn," the Toa of Iron of the same name growled to himself, "here's a note for you to remember: never gloat before killing your nemeses."

Arkei laughed from high atop his pillar, a harsh and strident laugh with not so much as a semblance of humor. "Perkahn, frankly, I'm tired of this charade and it's barely even begun. Thought you were going to feed something to me. Well, I'm going to show you just who is going to feed what here."

The Toa of Stone leapt from his tower, his blades descending towards Perkahn. Perkahn, naturally, drew his battleaxe in a defensive stance, swinging it in a wide upwards arc to deflect the Toa of Stone in the entirety of his weight. What Perkahn did not, however, expect was Arkei pushing himself aside from the battleaxe's blade, using it to gain momentum enough to jump back towards the pillar and with all his might, plus the might added by his Pakari, kicking the pillar down towards Grochi.

"You," hissed Perkahn (hoping, very much so, that Grochi would escape with the help of his Kualsi), returning to his stance as Arkei, after landing, did the same, "are a psychopath."

Edited by Leon Davidovich Trotsky

IC: Venedico (Ga-Koro) And through the musings of the assorted Toa Daedra, the band played on. Imported from Le-Koro, the band was big, boisterous, like a musical hot air balloon floating above the collective head of the Koro of Water. It was party music, and the Matoran loved it - though it appeared the Daedra, even Envy and Pride, the two musicians of the team, seemed to have a sort of caustic indifference towards the Matoran playing in celebration of the Turaga's triumphant return. Dico stood, watching the band play, and finally sighed in barely disguised impatience. "Come on, guys, pick it up! This is a celebration of the Turaga, not her funeral (yet!)" he murmured under his breath. "And the first one of you jokesters who tries to point out that the word funeral starts with fun is getting tossed into the Bay and I'll play the music myself! Let's have some fun, huh?" The band happily obliged the Toa of Plant Life, and Venedico turned around, rolling his eyes, and made his way to the snack table, plopping down next to Pride and pensively picking up a cookie and a glass of punch. The Toa of Gravity watched him warily, as if waiting for him to flirt, but when Dico spoke, Kynaera was surprised by the seriousness of both his query and his voice. "Have you seen Baruk?" "Baruk?" "Yeah, Baruk. You know, about yay tall, about yaaaaaaay wide, Lord Regent and Defender of the Ga-Koran food courts...?" -Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Character introduction, sorry for the long post :P

IC: Tohi/Akira; Shores near Ga - Koro

Two matoran guards were out on a patrol. Their walk was surprisingly uneventful, and the two looked forward to finishing up the patrol and retiring to the safety of the Koro. As it turned out, that was a wishful thinking. "Do you see that?" One of them suddenly said, stopping in his tracks to look and pointing to the beach. The other matoran followed suit and casted her glance in the direction. What she saw made her heart stop. "That is a hand!" she cried out and the two Matoran ran over to the piece of unidentified body. "I hope there is the rest of it beneath the sand. Even if it is just a shallow grave, the thought that somebody would dismember me, probably while i'm still alive... uhhh!" the second Matoran shuddered.

They reached the sandy beach. The waves were lazily splashing back and forth, toying with the hand, making it move as if it was waving at somebody. One of the matoran guards readied his weapon and stood above the other, who started to dig the sand away. After a few minutes, the digging Matoran shrieked and jumped to her feet: "It's a Toa!" she whispered, looking at a rusted and seemingly lifeless body clad in equally damaged, ancient plate armor. "Is she dead?" the other Matoran asked. But motion in the 'grave' was an answer enough. As the light of day impacted the Toa's face, yellow glow returned to her eyes and heartlight and the sand around started swirling as the body broke free of it's grip. The two Matoran stepped back as the warrior rose, scared of the Toa's appearance. Not only she looked like a living corpse, but her mask appeared exactly like if it was infected.

As the Toa stood in the sun, color slowly returned at least to her body. There wasn't much that could be done for her armor save for total replacement. A metal belt was hanging loosely around her waist, and her skin was covered in black scars. The female guard flinched at the sight of them as if feeling the hot metal rods herself. The Toa seemed unaware of their presence, so the first matoran decided to remind her: "Toa?" The giant turned to face the two, inclining her head to her left side, giving them a quizzical look. At least she seemed harmless. "Are you a friend or foe?" the second matoran said, unconvinced. The Toa made a few noises, mostly whirrs and beeps, shrugging her shoulders. The two matoran looked at each other, puzzled looks on their faces. "She's not like any other Toa i've seen before." the female said, looking back at the giant, who seemed even more confused than they were. "Let's... Take her to the village. Somebody will figure it out. She doesn't seem to understand a word we say." the other said and dared to make a step closer. To his surprise, the Toa did a panicked leap back. A Toa afraid of a matoran. Great. He extended an open hand. The Toa looked at her own briefly, and then guessed the MAtoran wanted her to grab his, and so she did. The matoran smiled and started leading her somewhere. At first, she wanted to protest, but thinking it over, she realized the matoran probably knew more than she did, which was exactly nothing. She couldn't even remember her own name or where she was.

/Ga - Koro

After a short time, the group reached the village and entered. The Toa seemed on her toes. "Are you sure about leading her in the middle of... everyone?" the female guard asked. The other guard let go of the toa and facepalmed. "We have to get her to somebody who can help." he explained. When he looked back, the toa was gone. "Great, what now?" he said as the two hurried to find their charge. It wasn't that hard. Just follow the screaming from a nearby hut. The Toa was standing over two matoran, one of which had something stuck in her arm. Did the Toa do that? No, it didn'T look like it. The unknown Toa knelt over and gently removed the large splinter from the wound. The matoran hissed slightly, but held her pose. Then an orb of water appeared in the Toa's hand and flown towards the wound, clearing it of any infection. Finally the Toa's mask started to shine as she touched the wound, which seemed to heal and disappear completely, leaving a scarless tissue behind. The healed matoran thanked the toa, who in turn cracked a small smile, walking out of the hut where the two guards were waiting. "Looks like Tohi didn't forget what it means to be a Toa." The second guard said. "Tohi?" the male asked. "She is not like the other Toa. Not like us. Toa rahi. Tohi." After the explanation, the Toa made a sound as if attempting to say the name the matoran came up with for her, though the sound was more of an articulated whirr than an actual word. "See? She likes it! Now let's find someone to try and figure her out."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC Kaiapo and co. from Ta-Wahi.

IC (Kaiapo)

The trio of Toa, after a few hours of walking, found the rocky dirt beneath their feet changing to soft sand. The overcast sky gave way to bright blue, and plantlife began springing up around them, green and healthy. Before long, the trail led them to vast, sparkling ocean, and the village of water.

The group of Toa walked through the gates of Ga-Koro, intent on finding some refreshment after their journey.

IC: HaroThe quiet Ga-Matoran shuffled through the crowd. The noise was getting too much. He gave a respectful wave to the Turaga- which he was certain she wouldn't see anyways- and slipped into a hotel that he saw was offering free snacks. He froze as he saw Kynaera there, before offering her a kind smile and a deep bow, "Greetings!" He glanced at the bowl of fruit she had taken one from before taking one for himself, stepping back a bit, a little intimidated.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Sur"Hi." The Toa of the green put on a smile and waved. IC Ketru"It appears that an opportunity for me to exit has been created," Ketru said blankly as he walked out. Walking out to the beach, he tried to ignore the endless whining and chatter of Krista even as he walked into the Koro. He had just about had it when he entered the gates of the village, catching some strange looks from the guards. Walking into the village, he appeared to be in the middle of a parade gone wrong. It seemed that somebody punched somebody else, and some moron had the bright idea to carry the trend on, spreading violence like a wildfire. That is, until a hooded Toa drew his sword and shut everybody up. Not even bothering to shake his head, Ketru barged straight through the crowd, setting a new record for himself on how many people he knocked over in one day. Not sparing a glance behind him, he approached what seemed to be a mask shop."No. No. You are not replacing me!Ignoring the whining and pleading of the mask, he opened the door. Nobody. He tried the next shop. Nobody. Another shop, nobody. Normally, a situation like this would be warrant to sigh, but Ketru simply walked out back into the crowd. Not bothering to take not of the situation around him, he barged right back into the crowd, stepping on Cylund, bumping into Ta, and knocking over many a matoran. Mechanically charging straight ahead, only one directive filled his mind.Command: Dispose of this mask."No you aren't!" Krista howled in Ketru's mind. Activating the power of enhanced hearing, the Toa of gravity was suddenly hit by a massive wave of sound. "Grah!" he howled. "My audio receptors are overloading. Repair priority: extremely high.""Those aren't your audio receptors; that's me!" Krista howled. "And unless you promise to keep me, I'll keep doing this!" "Keeping you would be most unwise," Ketru replied. "For one, you serve absolutely no useful function; for another, you are intruding upon the personal space of my mi- GRAH! I ORDER YOU TO TERMINATE YOUR SHENANIGANS AT ONCE!!!" Krista had switched her power to Ketru's sight, causing him to stumble around. Crashing into even more people, he eventually found the door of an inn and burst in, collapsing on the couch.

Edited by Constructman

IC (Kaiapo)

The Toa's face brightened. "Turaga Nokama has returned? That's wonderful news! I wonder.. does anyone know of the fates of the other elders? Have they been returned to their homes as well?"

By now, the group had made their way to the restaurant Quada had spoken of. He led them inside, and they were seated at a table next to an open window that overlooked the bay.

Lenat- Ga-wahi IC: Forgoing an attempt to be heard over the roar of the crowd, Lenat pointed at one of the large banners that spanned the street. It read "WELCOME HOME NOKAMA" in large, multicolored letters. He led the way to a side street where the crowd was only at a dull roar. "I think this is the welcome party for their Turaga. She got kidnapped a few weeks ago before getting rescued by an organization that is trying to bring some order back to the island." Hr rummaged in his pack for a few minutes before pulling out a pair of earmuffs. They looked more or less lie Voutok's old ones, only with slightly bigger ear-covers. Lenat pointed to a dial on the side, the numbers one through five were set in a semicircle around it with an arrow pointing at one. "I've used highly dense disks of wood to increase the sound dampening abilities of your earmuffs. There are five disks, each number corresponds to a disk. Right now it is set to one, which means that there is only one disk blocking the noise coming in. As you can guess, the higher the number, the better the noise will be blocked." He handed them over and said, "You had better put them on now. All this noise must be painful."

-----------------------------------------IC: Voutok [Ga-Koro Square]Voutok had already thrust his hands over his headset when the first wave of applause hit. The sounds of their joy had no such effect on Voutok, his overly-sensitive ears were reacting to the noise as if a normal Matoran's ear was placed next to a loudly-ringing gong.Then they started shooting fireworks.The De-Matoran initially thought this was another attack similar to the one that occurred in Po-Koro when he first regained consciousness with the assistance of Gahree. But the lack of panic--and the loudening of the applause--led him to believe that either all these people were deff and only he could hear the overhead explosions, or they were harmless. Either way, he did not let this distract him from Lenat's words as he explained how these new, nicer-looking headsets worked, nodding every now and then to assure him that although he was cringing a little and pressing his hands tighter against his ears, he could still hear Lenat loud and clear.Lenat handed him the headset and said, "You had better put them on now. All this noise must be painful.""Yeah, no kidding." Voutok quickly grabbed the headset and then--after a pause that felt like an eternity of him inhaling and exhaling--quickly threw the old headset off his ears (exposing his ears to the much louder reality of the celebration) and shoved the new ones on, twisting the dial to the maximum "5" setting.In an instant, it seemed, the noise was suddenly tolerable. The cheers of the multitudes sounded more "to the standard of realism". Granted, they were muffled and Voutok's ears were ringing to near deftness from removing the old headphones, but Voutok could confidently remove his hands from his ears and know the noise was tolerable. He could tell Lenat was waiting for a response, so he began to give one after a brief chuckle."They wor-" Voutok was startled by his voice sounded dampened. Yes, he could hear his voice, but he wasn't used to it sounding so repressed; so strangely silent. He turned the dial down to the "4" setting. Everything clearly became louder, but still in the "tolerable" range. He then finished his sentence."They work wonderfully. Karz, these really would have helped back in Po-Wahi! You should have been there. I had just regained consciousness and this Ga-Matoran was taking me to the Koro to get examined for wounds or heat stroke, when suddenly this enormous flying-"Voutok immediately noticed the fray going on in the streets. A portion of the crowd was suddenly a free-for-all brawl. He slowly reached to his back to pull out one of his bladed kanoka discs. "Uh...should we be concerned about that?" Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

"Toa Ketan, Toa Anthyn," Embok said, the tall Toa bowing deeply to the two Toa Arete in greeting. "Might I join you?"

IC (Ketan)

"You are welcome to, brother," Ketan replied, bowing slightly in turn. Though he would have preferred to leave the golden-armoured Toa out of this, he could not refuse Embok in front of the two Marines: he had been a hero here long before the Arete had come.

IC: Embok [Nokama's Hut, Ga-Koro]

The Toa of Plasma nodded, and took a position around Nokama's hut. Embok didn't speak, something that was almost expceted from the golden-armored Toa, and stood unmoving, as if a statue carved from stone and placed before the hut. It let him focus on thinking, rather than doing. While his thoughts were good, considering the Turaga had just returned, they always managed to wander towards the past. He tried not to think about that too much, but without much sucess. Despite being deep in thought, Embok was still aware of what was going on around him. His duty of protecting Nokama was not something he took lightly.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: A prelude to a jam between Eyru, EW, Gravity, and myself.

IC:

When madam soon-to-be-stiff finally reached her hut and entered it, I had already ambled casually through the throng with Birdie still held on my shoulders and reached somewhere less crowded but with a better view of the place I'd soon be breaking into. Birdie kept giving me an earful, and I kept deflecting her sass like a mirror while inserting some of my own stinging jabs (typical me), but our rapport wasn't really where my mind was. I was visualizing the job - it's a crucial step in my process, you see. I'm a very visual guy, I see stuff happen in my head, you know how it is.

In this case, I was looking at Nokama's hut and playing through the job in my head. It was a biggish place for such a small lady, but hey, some people like to justify in ways like that. Don't pretend you don't, Mr. Big Boat. The house, I knew, had been reinforced with metal bars on the inside, and the door had been shored up nice, too. It'd be counter-intuitive to try busting through that stuff - besides, wasn't my style. I popped my shades on and, still making Bye Bye Birdie think I was occupied by talking to her, took measure of the defenses.

There were a lot of people around, as was to be expected of something in the middle of a Koro mid-day, but I could tell that the two spear-holding Matoran and three pacing Toa, like ducks in a line, were the guardians of my pheasant. So much bird imagery, I know. So, if I was going to take home the goose here, I'd have to swoop in a different way, and luckily, my eyes pecked out an open-air skylight. If I could fly, it'd be easy as cake to get in there; but, since flying is one of the few things I can't do, clambering up there unnoticed would be a challenge of its own.

The village's celebration was in full swing, even with the absence of the reason for their rejoicing. Turaga Nokama, weary from her journey and from the attention of so many people, had long since retired to her hut, leaving the Matoran to eat and drink, dance and sing, and be merry, giddy with joy.The only beings not involved in the festivities were the Marines and the Toa Arete. Both groups were busy enforcing the law -a job that never ended, even when the village was gathered in celebration. Even now, as Ketan looked out from where he stood before Nokama's hut, he saw a small brawl break out in one shady corner of the plaza, Wrath quickly defused it, but the fact still stood that it had happened.Everywhere one looked, one could see the evidence that the Matoran were not as perfect as Nokama had made them out to be. Many villagers were taking advantage of the free food that many places offered, and were busy stuffing their faces, letting their gluttony run rampant. Scuffles broke out here and there: even the practically tangible joy present in the village was not enough to prevent outbursts of anger.No doubt there were unseen crimes taking place as well. Though the Toa Arete had taken pains to stamp out criminals of all colours, there were no doubt many remaining good-for-nothing's who would be glad to use this celebration as an opportunity to greedily pickpocket their fellow man.Everywhere Ketan looked, he saw sin. Just as the Arete were truly the Daedra, so the Matoran, though they styled themselves as pure and virtuous, were shrewd and greedy sinners at heart. Even the presence of idols like the Toa Arete could not draw them from their lustful, arrogant ways; when given the chance, Ketan knew that every man with half a brain would take any available opportunity to advance themselves, even at the expense of others.Did it justify the treachery of the Toa of Air? Hardly. But then, Ketan didn't need justification. He had stared into the void, and the void had gazed back at him, and he had carried with him ever since a gnawing, desperate hunger that chewed at his soul, never to be satisfied.Ketan was greedy. No, he was Greed. He knew that, and had someone told him he was a sinner, he would not have been surprised or offended. He had named himself a sinner, after all; he knew better than anyone else how cold and black his heart was.And now, in the service of that hunger, he guarded the woman who threatened to steal his power. The Arete had slowly but surely climbed nearly to the top of the village's ladder of influence and power. They were poised to reach up and take hold of the village's leadership; they were in the perfect position to snatch the Koro away from Mata Nui's light and sing it to sleep in the gloaming. But Nokama's return could be the catalyst for Ketan's downfall: as long as she lived, there was one more pair of sharp eyes watching the Arete; as long as she lived, there was one more shrivelled old elder standing between the Toa of Air and his throne.But to strike too soon would endanger his position, so Ketan swallowed his pride and stood guard over the Turaga, as though he loved her, walking a slow circle around the large hut, saluting each of the Marines that guarded the rear left and the rear right of the hut, saluting Embok who guarded the door. He was willing to lay everything down in the pursuit of power; the sacrifice he made now was his pride, but it was a small price to pay in the endless quest to satisfy his greed.

...Lust, as she called herself, stood guard with feigned grace and magnificence. Her majestic wings were flowing like a great cape on her back, though they flickered slightly at the sight of the brawl happening in the company of those who celebrated. Some people, she saw, celebrated other things with stupidity and drink.Lust was not Gluttony (and what an utter fool that Sinner was anyway) and never had the interest in the volatile liquid. But she knew its uses. A drunken man or woman was far easier to dominate than a sober one, and Anthyn could rarely refuse good company. Thus was her nature, eating people from within, either devouring their souls for herself or draining them of their life in private company. Her appearance had at first seemed like a barrier, tantalizingly bizarre and surreal but retaining a hypnotic sense of beauty and allure. That barrier she had before her soon turned into a wall she could fling people into and a powerful weapon at her disposal. The sole member of her race, she was feared and revered greatly as a result of the legend she carried with her.It was that fact that made her the second most adored and respected of the ‘Toa’ Arete -- her physical similarity to the second Matoran life stage was enough for her to be called such a noble title. It was her presence here that calmed many people and soothed even Nokama enough. The Turaga, old and tired as she was, hummed to herself even as she cried in her little house arrest. Soft and kind as she was, she fell under the same spell of false safety that everyone else had.The time was not right yet. People still watched, people still were excited. Ketan, he would know when the moment to strike was upon them. For now she stood guard, an angel at the door, a liaison from Mata Nui himself present to shield Nokama from all outside harm.Outside harm. Harm from within the walls of her hut, though? Hm. Not Anthyn’s problem.

Embok saluted in return to Ketan, his thoughts now completely on the present, the past being forced out his mind once it had become too painful. Still, the sense of happiness ceased to fall from the golden Toa's mood. Even when a crowd erupted into a brawl, the feeling failed to disappear completely. Besides, the brawl itself was quickly taken care of by one of the Toa Arete.Toa Arete.It had been many years since a single name effected him as such. Since a single name brought hope that lightened his soul. Since a single name had become an idea that so many looked up to. As of now, Arete was no longer just a name, it had become a concept for the villagers of Ga-Koro. One that had grown to be recognized by all those who ever set foot in the floating Koro. Never before did Embok think that he would see the day that something such as this would happen again. There had been many false starts, Toa Teams that were said to be like the original six. They rarely worked.None could ever have dreamed of doing as the Arete did, none could be compared to the Arete's success in following in the footsteps of the Toa Mata. Their dedication to the village of Water seemed unwavering as Embok's own. It brought hope to the Toa of Plasma, hope that almost brought a smile along with it. But he didn't smile. Ever.His face remained impassive as his keen eyes scanned the area, the red orbs picking up much, and leaving little. This was something he did not take lightly, even in the best of situations.

I've always been a smooth talker, so when I saw the patrolling guard Toa huddle up for even a second - they clearly knew each other, and by the looks on their faces when they were alone, they'd all rather not - I decided to take a shot and say hello, once the more starchy marines were on the other side of the hut. My opportunity arose, and I sauntered over casually. "Hello, pardners," I interjected cheerily, chewing on an imaginary piece of cud and hiding stone sober behind my shades, Birdie still being worn like a sitting cape, and a shrug reminded her to look happy about it. "Nice day, isn't it. Weather's half-decent. No crazy Rahi attacking. Turaga's back. It's seasonal flax sale day. I have a hot date for later. And now I'm making new friends! Nice day indeed."

test2.png

IC (Merror)

Merror saw the sparkling of fireworks behind them as the ferry neared Le-Wahi. He smiled, thinking of the happiness of the Matoran there. The Toa of Fire was oblivious to just how short-lived that happiness would be.

OOC: Merror and Skyra-searchers to Le-Wahi

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png