• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Epic Critics Club

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 08:20 AM

Well, my request has something to do with the discussion at hand.Danger CloseReview TopicNo. Chapters: 21My last review from the ECC was when I reposted the first four chapters of my epic, I'm pretty sure, which was back in November. Since then, I've posted seventeen more chapters - I believe that would constitute as a substantial amount of work. :P If it can't be reviewed, perfectly fine; if it can, I'll be patiently awaiting my review.Thank you. :)
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#122 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 10:03 AM

Well, my request has something to do with the discussion at hand.Danger CloseReview TopicNo. Chapters: 21My last review from the ECC was when I reposted the first four chapters of my epic, I'm pretty sure, which was back in November. Since then, I've posted seventeen more chapters - I believe that would constitute as a substantial amount of work. :P If it can't be reviewed, perfectly fine; if it can, I'll be patiently awaiting my review.Thank you. :)

Peach 00, as stated above, you must request a second review only by PM to Velox or Cederak. Your request will then be up to their discretion. Generally, they have allowed second reviews when a large amount has been added (like with your epic). But you must request the review via PM. Thanks!-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22
My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum
Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

#123 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 01-February 08
  • 932 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 03:40 PM

Epic:The Spherus Magna Summer OlympicsReview: Clicky here # of Chapters: 1if intro counts

#124 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 03:50 PM

Epic:The Spherus Magna Summer OlympicsReview: Clicky here # of Chapters: 1if intro counts

All right, I'll be handling your request personally. Thank you for choosing the ECC! :)-Ced

#125 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 08-September 07
  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 04:32 PM

Oh man... I remember when I was part of this, way back when. I can't even remember who was in charge back then. :-|Anyways, I keep seeing messages in various sigs saying that come June 22nd is a chance to join the ECC, and yet in the first post, it says that the ECC is currently accepting applications. Could someone explain this apparent contradiction? Thanks.

#126 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 04:36 PM

Here is your review, tent163phantoka. Thank you, once again. :)

Oh man... I remember when I was part of this, way back when. I can't even remember who was in charge back then. :-|Anyways, I keep seeing messages in various sigs saying that come June 22nd is a chance to join the ECC, and yet in the first post, it says that the ECC is currently accepting applications. Could someone explain this apparent contradiction? Thanks.

I'll PM you some information. We don't want this becoming public knowledge just yet.-Ced

#127 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jun 20 2012 - 08:38 PM

I would like to congratulate resident SSCC critic Zarayna: The Quiet Light as the newest member of the Epic Critics Club. He will make another fine addition to our stellar team. :)-Ced

#128 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2012 - 03:46 PM

The second review for Danger Close has been posted. Peach 00, it is my honor to serve you again! :)-HH

#129 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jun 21 2012 - 11:04 PM

Thank you to all entrants of the Become an Epic Critic Contest. Our winners are GSR and #firstworldtyler.-Ced

Edited by Cederak, Jul 12 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#130 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 29 2012 - 09:09 AM

I don't know about you guys, so sorry if this is wrong, but where I live, a Pacific island, it is currently June 30.

#131 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jun 29 2012 - 12:13 PM

I don't know about you guys, so sorry if this is wrong, but where I live, a Pacific island, it is currently June 30.

An ECC critic is held to the deadline of their local timezone, not the timezone of the requester. As of this posting, Velox has a little under 38 hours before his assignment will be considered late.-Ced

#132 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 29 2012 - 08:36 PM

An ECC critic is held to the deadline of their local timezone, not the timezone of the requester. As of this posting, Velox has a little under 38 hours before his assignment will be considered late.-Ced

I understand that, but as I stated, I didn't know your timezones. Sorry about that.

#133 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 31-May 04
  • 2,212 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 09:10 AM

Epic for Review: Part Element, Part LegendReview TopicChapters: 4- Prologue and Three ChaptersWhoever is assigned, the review is much appreciated. Thank you ECC!

#134 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 12:25 PM

Epic for Review: Part Element, Part LegendReview TopicChapters: 4- Prologue and Three ChaptersWhoever is assigned, the review is much appreciated. Thank you ECC!

I'll be turning this over to our newest critic, Zarayna. And thank you, Nick Silverpen, for choosing the ECC. :)-Ced

#135 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 07:15 PM

And BZPRPG: Legend of the Primes reviewed. Apologies for the delay (even though it wasn't late); had a bunch of things going on and became really sick this week. Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#136 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 08-September 07
  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 02:49 PM

Sorry for the delay; Strike from the Shadows overwhelmed me rather.Part Element, Part Legend has been reviewed.EDIT:Requesting a review for:SurviveReviewThree chapters.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light, Jul 07 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#137 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 29-May 10
  • 1,562 posts

Posted Jul 07 2012 - 10:43 PM

Well. I survied the huge blocks of text long enough to review. Enjoy, Zar.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#138 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 26-June 09
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 01:34 AM

We would love another Review for:Second ChanceReview TopicAll Chapters I think 22I was told after we wrote more parts to the epic that it would be okay to request another review? Hopefully that's cool. Thanks yal!

#139 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 10:08 AM

We would love another Review for:Second ChanceReview TopicAll Chapters I think 22I was told after we wrote more parts to the epic that it would be okay to request another review? Hopefully that's cool. Thanks yal!

Grant,The rule is that you must submit a PM requesting a second review, either to Cederak or Velox. However, since Cederak is currently on vacation and I'm filling in as head of the ECC, I've decided to assign your second review to one of our contest winners: GSR. I'm alloting him ten days to post the review. Keep up the good work!-HH

#140 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 26-June 09
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hey sorry about that. :/ Totally will PM you next time, I'd like to come up with some excuse, but I was just lazy about it. lol

#141 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 12:45 AM

As I mentioned to Grant in chat this evening, I've been very busy this week and last week due to work. I'd just like to clarify when exactly the review is due so I can manage my time a bit better: is it by the evening of the 28th, or by the morning of the 28th (eg. the evening of the 27th)?(I realize it's a bit unseemly to ask for an exact deadline like this, but I wasn't planning on having quite so much going on at the office. If at all possible of course I'll aim to have it up before then.)

Edited by GSR, Jul 24 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#142 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 12:07 AM

As I mentioned to Grant in chat this evening, I've been very busy this week and last week due to work. I'd just like to clarify when exactly the review is due so I can manage my time a bit better: is it by the evening of the 28th, or by the morning of the 28th (eg. the evening of the 27th)?(I realize it's a bit unseemly to ask for an exact deadline like this, but I wasn't planning on having quite so much going on at the office. If at all possible of course I'll aim to have it up before then.)

To begin, I owe you an apology. I had not been as detailed on running certain things with Hahli Historian as I would've liked. An appeal request is given a two week deadline, so you have until August 1. That should allow you ample time to handle your real-life affairs. :)-Ced

#143 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 29 2012 - 10:22 PM

Second Chance has been reviewed. Thanks for choosing the Epic Critics Club, and thanks for putting up with the delay in reviewing.

#144 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Aug 03 2012 - 10:20 PM

There was a time, when the library was at the pinnacle of activity, that a wonderful idea came to fruition. After several ideas that never lived up to their full potential, the precursors led the way to the first Epic Critics Club. Considering the industrious state of the library, the ECC was overwhelmed with requests. Individual critics sometimes received two or three assignments weekly and this was normalcy. The library was flourishing and the critics had work. Moreover, they had a purpose that was called upon often by the forum they served, to make better writers and promote better work. The year was 2006.Multiple well-known factors contributed to the steady decline of the library since that time. In turn, I would venture to say that it damaged the percentage of high-quality works in the library as well. My ECC team has had an easy ride as critics by comparison to those that came before and I want to change that. I don't want to overwhelm them to the point of resignation as I once did long ago, but I want them to be active, to know that their positions are respected by the community they serve.Today begins the ECC's rise to action, serving a community of epic writers with a philanthropic sense of passion for what we do. For the first time in the library's history, a critic club is going above and beyond to incorporate charity services into our workload.Writers may be concerned with what this means for them, so I want to be very clear. ECC critics will be volunteering to review epics without being asked, however, if your epic is reviewed as a charity assignment and you have never requested a review for it, you can still make a request at a later date without having to write up an appeal. This initiative is designed in every way to assist epic writers and that is what we're going to do. We'll be staying busy in the background of the forum, and eventually, we'll probably give your work a charity review as well. So don't be surprised if you hear from our internal affairs department about what you thought of the charity review. Despite not being official requests, we want to emphasize our concern for quality critiques at all levels.Our initiative will commence next week, dear epic writers. Like all we do, this is another effort dedicated to you and your benefit. Thank you for your patronage and hard work. The ECC is proud to serve you.-Cederak (ECC Director)

#145 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2012 - 09:13 AM

ECC Charity Review Assignments:Hahli Historian - Pharmakon - Reviewed 09/18/12Mallorie Cobb - Trial of Iron - Reviewed 09/20/12TNTOS - Enigma - Reviewed 09/14/12Zarayna - Dynamics - Reviewed 09/08/12GSR - Cry of the BrokenNick Silverpen - The Rise - Reviewed 09/22/12-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS, Sep 23 2012 - 08:26 AM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#146 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 29-May 10
  • 1,562 posts

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 10:00 PM

Bam. Reviewed. Charity style.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#147 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 03:06 PM

The review for Ora Nui: Tale of the Matoran has been posted!-HH

Edited by Hahli Historian, Aug 17 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#148 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 09:30 AM

The Legend of the Toa has been reviewed.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#149 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 02:50 PM

Congratulations to our newest critic and a winner of the ECC Become a Critic Contest, GSR! Having graduated his internship, it is my hope that he'll find a comfortable home here among fellow competent critics. :)

#150 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,669 posts

Posted Aug 24 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi, I would like to request an ECC review for the first ten chapters of my Epic, The Lone and Level Sands (Review topic here). Thanks. :)~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#151 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Aug 24 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi, I would like to request an ECC review for the first ten chapters of my Epic, The Lone and Level Sands (Review topic here). Thanks. :)~B~

First ten chapters? Yeah, we can do that, no problem. TNTOS will be taking care of it. Thanks for choosing the ECC. :)

#152 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:14 AM

Reviewed The Lone and Level Sands.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

#153 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 04 2012 - 11:05 PM

"The Herald", by Lewa Krom, has been reviewed.-HH

#154 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 06 2012 - 09:22 AM

Nightwish has been reviewed.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

#155 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 29-May 10
  • 1,562 posts

Posted Sep 07 2012 - 11:11 PM

The League Wars, reviewed. Bring on the next batch!

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#156 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 08-September 07
  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 01:26 PM

Forgot to post earlier: but I reviewed Dynamics and apparently made a new record in reviewing time for the Charity reviews?

#157 Offline CaptainLepidus

CaptainLepidus
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 10-September 12
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi! Please review An Uneasy Alliance.Story TopicReview TopicChapters: 5 short chapters, possibly more when you read it.Would love some constructive criticism as I feel I have a lot to learn about writing!Thank you!

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

#158 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi! Please review An Uneasy Alliance.Story TopicReview TopicChapters: 5 short chapters, possibly more when you read it.Would love some constructive criticism as I feel I have a lot to learn about writing!Thank you!

Of course! I'll have Zarayna handle your request. Thank you for choosing the ECC! :)-Ced

#159 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 09:18 AM

Reviewed Enigma, by Radioactive Moo.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

#160 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 28-June 12
  • 1,380 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi!Tittle: We are Metru(Re-Write)Epic:http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5945Review Topic:http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5946Number of chapters: 2 at the moment, however by the time you get round to reviewing it, possibly more.If you could just give me some constructive criticism, that would be awesome.Thanks guys! Really appreciate what you do.

Edited by Alterego, Sep 14 2012 - 12:01 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users