Epic Critics Club

Cederak

Well, my request has something to do with the discussion at hand.Danger CloseReview TopicNo. Chapters: 21My last review from the ECC was when I reposted the first four chapters of my epic, I'm pretty sure, which was back in November. Since then, I've posted seventeen more chapters - I believe that would constitute as a substantial amount of work. :P If it can't be reviewed, perfectly fine; if it can, I'll be patiently awaiting my review.Thank you. :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Well, my request has something to do with the discussion at hand.Danger CloseReview TopicNo. Chapters: 21My last review from the ECC was when I reposted the first four chapters of my epic, I'm pretty sure, which was back in November. Since then, I've posted seventeen more chapters - I believe that would constitute as a substantial amount of work. :P If it can't be reviewed, perfectly fine; if it can, I'll be patiently awaiting my review.Thank you. :)
Peach 00, as stated above, you must request a second review only by PM to Velox or Cederak. Your request will then be up to their discretion. Generally, they have allowed second reviews when a large amount has been added (like with your epic). But you must request the review via PM. Thanks!-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

Oh man... I remember when I was part of this, way back when. I can't even remember who was in charge back then. :-|Anyways, I keep seeing messages in various sigs saying that come June 22nd is a chance to join the ECC, and yet in the first post, it says that the ECC is currently accepting applications. Could someone explain this apparent contradiction? Thanks.

Here is your review, tent163phantoka. Thank you, once again. :)

Oh man... I remember when I was part of this, way back when. I can't even remember who was in charge back then. :-|Anyways, I keep seeing messages in various sigs saying that come June 22nd is a chance to join the ECC, and yet in the first post, it says that the ECC is currently accepting applications. Could someone explain this apparent contradiction? Thanks.
I'll PM you some information. We don't want this becoming public knowledge just yet.-Ced

I don't know about you guys, so sorry if this is wrong, but where I live, a Pacific island, it is currently June 30.
An ECC critic is held to the deadline of their local timezone, not the timezone of the requester. As of this posting, Velox has a little under 38 hours before his assignment will be considered late.-Ced

I don't know about you guys, so sorry if this is wrong, but where I live, a Pacific island, it is currently June 30.
An ECC critic is held to the deadline of their local timezone, not the timezone of the requester. As of this posting, Velox has a little under 38 hours before his assignment will be considered late.-Ced
I understand that, but as I stated, I didn't know your timezones. Sorry about that.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And BZPRPG: Legend of the Primes reviewed. Apologies for the delay (even though it wasn't late); had a bunch of things going on and became really sick this week. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

• 2 weeks later...
We would love another Review for:Second ChanceReview TopicAll Chapters I think 22I was told after we wrote more parts to the epic that it would be okay to request another review? Hopefully that's cool. Thanks yal!
Grant,The rule is that you must submit a PM requesting a second review, either to Cederak or Velox. However, since Cederak is currently on vacation and I'm filling in as head of the ECC, I've decided to assign your second review to one of our contest winners: GSR. I'm alloting him ten days to post the review. Keep up the good work!-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

As I mentioned to Grant in chat this evening, I've been very busy this week and last week due to work. I'd just like to clarify when exactly the review is due so I can manage my time a bit better: is it by the evening of the 28th, or by the morning of the 28th (eg. the evening of the 27th)?(I realize it's a bit unseemly to ask for an exact deadline like this, but I wasn't planning on having quite so much going on at the office. If at all possible of course I'll aim to have it up before then.)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

As I mentioned to Grant in chat this evening, I've been very busy this week and last week due to work. I'd just like to clarify when exactly the review is due so I can manage my time a bit better: is it by the evening of the 28th, or by the morning of the 28th (eg. the evening of the 27th)?(I realize it's a bit unseemly to ask for an exact deadline like this, but I wasn't planning on having quite so much going on at the office. If at all possible of course I'll aim to have it up before then.)
To begin, I owe you an apology. I had not been as detailed on running certain things with Hahli Historian as I would've liked. An appeal request is given a two week deadline, so you have until August 1. That should allow you ample time to handle your real-life affairs. :)-Ced

Second Chance has been reviewed. Thanks for choosing the Epic Critics Club, and thanks for putting up with the delay in reviewing.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

There was a time, when the library was at the pinnacle of activity, that a wonderful idea came to fruition. After several ideas that never lived up to their full potential, the precursors led the way to the first Epic Critics Club. Considering the industrious state of the library, the ECC was overwhelmed with requests. Individual critics sometimes received two or three assignments weekly and this was normalcy. The library was flourishing and the critics had work. Moreover, they had a purpose that was called upon often by the forum they served, to make better writers and promote better work. The year was 2006.Multiple well-known factors contributed to the steady decline of the library since that time. In turn, I would venture to say that it damaged the percentage of high-quality works in the library as well. My ECC team has had an easy ride as critics by comparison to those that came before and I want to change that. I don't want to overwhelm them to the point of resignation as I once did long ago, but I want them to be active, to know that their positions are respected by the community they serve.Today begins the ECC's rise to action, serving a community of epic writers with a philanthropic sense of passion for what we do. For the first time in the library's history, a critic club is going above and beyond to incorporate charity services into our workload.Writers may be concerned with what this means for them, so I want to be very clear. ECC critics will be volunteering to review epics without being asked, however, if your epic is reviewed as a charity assignment and you have never requested a review for it, you can still make a request at a later date without having to write up an appeal. This initiative is designed in every way to assist epic writers and that is what we're going to do. We'll be staying busy in the background of the forum, and eventually, we'll probably give your work a charity review as well. So don't be surprised if you hear from our internal affairs department about what you thought of the charity review. Despite not being official requests, we want to emphasize our concern for quality critiques at all levels.Our initiative will commence next week, dear epic writers. Like all we do, this is another effort dedicated to you and your benefit. Thank you for your patronage and hard work. The ECC is proud to serve you.-Cederak (ECC Director)

ECC Charity Review Assignments:Hahli Historian - Pharmakon - Reviewed 09/18/12Mallorie Cobb - Trial of Iron - Reviewed 09/20/12TNTOS - Enigma - Reviewed 09/14/12Zarayna - Dynamics - Reviewed 09/08/12GSR - Cry of the BrokenNick Silverpen - The Rise - Reviewed 09/22/12-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

The Legend of the Toa has been reviewed.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Reviewed The Lone and Level Sands.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Nightwish has been reviewed.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

Hi! Please review An Uneasy Alliance.Story TopicReview TopicChapters: 5 short chapters, possibly more when you read it.Would love some constructive criticism as I feel I have a lot to learn about writing!Thank you!
Of course! I'll have Zarayna handle your request. Thank you for choosing the ECC! :)-Ced

Reviewed Enigma, by Radioactive Moo.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

Hi!Tittle: We are Metru(Re-Write)Epic:http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5945Review Topic:http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5946Number of chapters: 2 at the moment, however by the time you get round to reviewing it, possibly more.If you could just give me some constructive criticism, that would be awesome.Thanks guys! Really appreciate what you do.

Edited by Alterego

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!