Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

NickonAquaMagna

Chapter 23 is online! >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-23-497929009

bionicle__nova_orbis__new_heroes_by_nick

This chapter took a LONG time to throw together... yeesh. So many scenes, so many things happening at a lightning pace. I dunno if this is even gonna feel that rushed, it's just a super long chapter. But hey, now all that's left is the finale of this story arc.

Okay, so a coupla' things I want to address.

Yes, there is a recharge station. They didn't take Attra to it before, because it wasn't a priority.

15_8_by_nickinamerica-d88gduq.jpg

The Crust-Buster's head (one of my favorite things about its design) as seen here, is its own independent machine that's set to remove itself from the rest of it in case of an emergency... such as, say, if someone shuts the body down. In a better situation, it can still act as a second brain for the machine if need be, a second control center. It's also large enough to destroy entire cities by itself, and is more mobile than the rest of the machine.

I suck at drawing rings. Mata Nui, those look awful. Still, I felt the need to explain how there's any such thing as up or down in this place that can go in any direction. You could say there are many parts of the machine that can turn and move independently to adjust to the machine's position.

Are Attra and Noyra gone? They were only around for a little while, and we haven't really learned anything about the world from them that isn't purely anecdotal. Eh, we'll see.

I wanted to draw a panel showing the destruction of the Crust-Buster as Attra's Nova Blast crumpled it into a little ball, like a piece of paper... but I had so many other things to draw, I forgot. >shrugs<

And no, these "Dark Makers" are not the same ones from Jak 3. That's just what Ultio likes to call the Great Beings.

Next up, the final boss!

On another note, thanks for pointing out all of the typos in the last few chapters, guys. I've been kind of swamped lately, but as soon as I get that final chapter online, I'll take a day to go back and fix all of those.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

(In a cheesy 50's Sci-Fi Narrator voice)

WILL THE TOA NOVUS SUCCEED IN STOPPING ULTIO?

WILL MIRO NUI BE DESTROYED?

WILL WE EVER FIND OUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE TOA MIRO?

STAY TUNED FOR THE SHOW-STOPPING CONCLUSION OF...

BIONICLE: NOVA ORBIS!

But in all seriousness, that chapter was spectacular. I can't wait to see the final chapter.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Excellent chapter! Loved what you did with Lacerta. (I feel like you should MOC him, too. :P ) Nice little Doctor Who reference in there--quite liked that. :)

Can't. Not enough of the right pieces or in the right colors.

Wait, what Doctor Who reference?

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Excellent chapter! Loved what you did with Lacerta. (I feel like you should MOC him, too. :P ) Nice little Doctor Who reference in there--quite liked that. :)

Ah. It would be cool to see that, though. 

"Reverse the polarity of the whatever." That wasn't a DW reference? A catch-phrase of the Third Doctor was "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow." The quote would be used a lot more throughout the years as the series progressed.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Whatever did happen to the Toa Miro? We haven't seen them since, like, the first two chapters. (Like seemed more appropriate than approximately or about. Sorry.)

Don't worry, you'll find out soon.

Ah. It would be cool to see that, though. 

"Reverse the polarity of the whatever." That wasn't a DW reference? A catch-phrase of the Third Doctor was "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow." The quote would be used a lot more throughout the years as the series progressed.

Ah.... I thought it was more of a trekkie thing. Imber was just grasping at whatever science-talk she'd overheard from the Ba-Matoran at one point or other... kinda like I was, I guess.

"The Dark Makers"? I know that most of the Spherus Magans hold a grudge against the Great Beings for their failure to prevent The Shattering, but how did Ultio know of them? Did the Great Beings interact with his kind after The Shattering, or do they only know of them through Matoran legends?

Random Question: have you decided on a species name for the native Nova Orbans (Noyra, Ultio, Etc.) yet?

Unfortunately... no.

Good news, though. The final chapter of Mystery should be online, today.

Hooray! I can't wait to see how it ends! ...Or concludes this chapter of the story seeing you have a lot planned.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Finally got done that video I promised to make. I made as part of my ongoing series, so feel free to watch it in its entirety before going on to Episode 4, being the video regarding Nova Orbis. I already made a topic for the series here.

The series has a plot that I'm trying to work in, and it probably won't make sense unless you watch the first few videos.

Edited by Fordianl

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Finally got done that video I promised to make. I made as part of my ongoing series, so feel free to watch it in its entirety before going on to Episode 4, being the video regarding Nova Orbis. I already made a topic for the series here.

The series has a plot that I'm trying to work in, and it probably won't make sense unless you watch the first few videos.

Thanks, dude. It means a lot to me. The "Nice quote" bit got me good. And thanks for not revealing the Toa Novus in the video, right off the bat, given that it's basically a first impressions video.

On another note, the final chapter is online! Wooooot~ http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Mystery-FINAL-CHAPTER-498467602

After all we've been through, this year, it seems only fitting to top it off with a shot that harkens back to the earliest illustrations I made for this story.

24_12_by_nickinamerica-d88rzsd.jpg

And so, we come to the end of the first years' story with more questions on our minds than ever. But for now, the important thing is that the Crust-Buster is destroyed, Ultio is powerless, and the Matoran are safe... for now. There's always next year.

So... let's talk about a few things.

The cat's out of the bag. The Matoran have seen Ultio's race. The Turaga can't hide his kind from them anymore. This'll make things interesting.

And yeah, it looks like Attra eventually escaped the wreck he made when he performed the Nova Blast (even protecting himself and Noyra, somehow... maybe with a super magnet bubble or something), but not before Noyra succumbed to his injuries. >shrugs< Oh well.

In the last few panels, I don't think it should be hard to guess what species Kopeke's agent is. It's going to be fun, getting to know her as one of next year's characters.

The craziest revelation of all is that Tenius was one of these "units," these walking, talking cameras the Edict spoke of, all along! Now, though, maybe his life will become less complicated. ...Oh, who am I kidding? It only gets worse from here. It always does.

Yeah, I figured some people would find the perspective of that panel used, like, ten chapters ago kind of odd. It wasn't unintentional. I've been waiting for weeks to reveal that not only was that scene viewed from Tenius' perspective, but that the "others" were watching the whole thing, and even that this is where the Edict got that recording played at the end of that very same chapter.

CRAZY, huh?

Anyway... I'm not sure you could say Ahkmou and Mieli are a couple. I mean, you could, but... eh. Some people have come to me, wanting to ship them, and... I guess that's okay, I mean... Ahkmou isn't exactly anatomically correct, but now we're going back to what Greg said about Matoran love.

I guess the whole idea is that Ahkmou is such a complicated person, and so different from everyone else, that only a strong empath like Mieli can even begin to truly understand him, and that connection has only gotten stronger throughout this adventure. So yeah, they do have a very special bond. Make of it what you will.

And yes... it seems that the Great Spirit, Mata Nui, is still with us, after all. Call it destiny, call it whatever you like. After all he's been through, I think Ahkmou's weary soul may be a believer, again.

I just wanna say, this whole thing has been really REALLY fun. When I began this a year ago, I wasn't sure how I'd go about it. I couldn't even be sure I'd ever get this far. I'm not stopping here, though. A little into next year, once the buzz of the new Bionicle sets has died down a bit, I'll unveil the next wave of Matoran and other 'sets,' and I'll write book 2, "Return of the Toa Miro" (working title) in late spring/early summer.

So don't worry. This isn't the end. We still have so much to learn about this world in the years to come, so many adventures to have with its people. There's gonna be plenty of Nova Orbis to go around.

At the moment, though, I think it's only fitting that we listen to "Trigger," by Cryoshell, this year's theme, if you will.

toa_novus_trigger_full_by_nickinamerica-

Thanks for sticking with me through this, guys. It's been a heckuva year. I hope I've made Bionicle history with this story.

• Upvote 2

Wait,  the agent was a Skakdi?! O_o Now THAT, is unexpected. I'm guessing she was among the Skakdi that surrendered at the end of the 2010 arc?

Who knows? Maybe she's a lone wolf. Maybe she was kicked out of the clan or something. Either way, she's cool with Matoran. In fact, she really likes them. She thinks they're cute.

Wow, lots of action there. I actually liked that chapter more than most. :) It was very well written, and I can't wait for the next season. It was cool to see the Su-Matoran, Calor's mask power, and taking down a more reasonably sized drill. The end was great with Mieli's vision and Ahkmou running off. Somehow, it all makes sense, even though it makes absolutely no sense at all. :D

Few little errors I picked up on. They're not all that big, but they can cause some confusion:

"Thank you Trux, be safe."

"Trux gave the Toa a salute...

Random quotation mark there. It at least confused me for a second.

And during the end of the conversation with Albus and Ahkmou, some of the lines run off the edge of the page. The first and second are not too bad (Beginning with "Well, it wouldn't be easy to hide..." and "I've arranged for him to be sent away..."), but the third one (beginning with "With that, the Turaga left...") blocks out where Mieli comes it, and I thought Macku was telepathically speaking to Ahkmou for a second. :P Also, that first line with Meili is all yellow, when the last part should be regular font, as it is just stating she was speaking telepathically.

(Insert Applause here)

Now That was a resounding ending to a spectacular series! I'm just going to put this out here; That was one of the greatest pieces of Fanfiction in general that i have ever read. And that's saying something...

Anyway, I've no idea when to expect book two, but I won't get my hopes up too high, as I think you deserve a break in between writing this.

I'm looking forward to the Second Series and learning more about Nova Orbis. Keep up the good work, and I'll support you all the way!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Wow, lots of action there. I actually liked that chapter more than most. :) It was very well written, and I can't wait for the next season. It was cool to see the Su-Matoran, Calor's mask power, and taking down a more reasonably sized drill. The end was great with Mieli's vision and Ahkmou running off. Somehow, it all makes sense, even though it makes absolutely no sense at all. :D

Few little errors I picked up on. They're not all that big, but they can cause some confusion:

"Thank you Trux, be safe."

"Trux gave the Toa a salute...

Random quotation mark there. It at least confused me for a second.

And during the end of the conversation with Albus and Ahkmou, some of the lines run off the edge of the page. The first and second are not too bad (Beginning with "Well, it wouldn't be easy to hide..." and "I've arranged for him to be sent away..."), but the third one (beginning with "With that, the Turaga left...") blocks out where Mieli comes it, and I thought Macku was telepathically speaking to Ahkmou for a second. :P Also, that first line with Meili is all yellow, when the last part should be regular font, as it is just stating she was speaking telepathically.

Woah.... thanks for letting me know. I kinda panicked when I heard about the runaway lines. I don't know how that happened.

Yeah, you guys might want to re-read that scene, in a few minutes. There's a lot of important dialog you missed because of my stupidity.

That was epic. The final battle was intense, and I especially loved the Su-Matoran coming to their aid with their vehicles, and Calor's mask. Ultio's true appearance is also great. With the other two members of his species who were shown looking rather feeble, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he still looks cool even without his armor. The face was perfect too.

So many questions follow because of the next few events...but oddly, I feel satisfied enough by this chapter than I don't have a problem waiting for the next, however many months away that will be. You've definitely earned a break.

Great song too, and a nice video you put together for the first part too. I'm simply blown away by how perfectly you've captured the feel of Bionicle. I haven't seen anyone do this so perfectly ever before.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

So many questions follow because of the next few events...but oddly, I feel satisfied enough by this chapter than I don't have a problem waiting for the next, however many months away that will be. I'm simply blown away by how perfectly you've captured the feel of Bionicle. I haven't seen anyone do this so perfectly ever before.

It's only possible because I always remembered what made me love Bionicle so much.

As for the vehicles.. yeah, it's kinda the final battle I always wanted to get when seeing the other cars on the cover of Jak 3.

I loved the knockout reaction by Ahkmou. That was surprising but hilarious!

Not exactly heroic, but I felt it was just the sort of thing he'd do.

So wait, is the toa of magnetism still alive or did he die? I don't mind either, but which is it?

Also, when's book two starting?

He's alive.

Also, tomorrow.

....... Okay, not really. As I said in the post where I linked the final chapter,

"....and I'll write book 2, "Return of the Toa Miro" (working title) in late spring/early summer."

So... With book 2 coming next year, what do we do until then to keep this topic running? Discuss story elements? Speculate? Make fan art (Which I might do at one point)? wonder if Tenius will ever become a Toa?

...Or, you know, we could do all of the above.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I tried making a MOC of Uira a while back only to realize that I don't have the parts for it. I also tried Ahkmou and the same thing happened.

You could build Uira using the blue limbs from the white Visorahk, Thok's shins, Toa Mata feet, and so on.... heck, I'll could upload some photos of how her torso is built, if you guys really want. It's just too bad the Kadin doesn't exist in her kind of color or shape.

For Ahkmou... I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe you could spray-paint a bunch of grey 2008 pieces brown.

Nice work ( WHY THE HECK DIDN'T I READ THIS BEFORE!?) Now, a couple pages ago I saw something about the lack of shading I think the series' artwork would be way better with shading... Just saying :D

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Nice work ( WHY THE HECK DIDN'T I READ THIS BEFORE!?) Now, a couple pages ago I saw something about the lack of shading I think the series' artwork would be way better with shading... Just saying :D

Shading with a mouse is just too excrutiating and time consuming to be worth it.

Wait,  the agent was a Skakdi?! O_o Now THAT, is unexpected. I'm guessing she was among the Skakdi that surrendered at the end of the 2010 arc?

Who knows? Maybe she's a lone wolf. Maybe she was kicked out of the clan or something. Either way, she's cool with Matoran. In fact, she really likes them. She thinks they're cute.

I don't know whether to laugh at the last part or to be completely freaked out. 0_o

Shading with a mouse is just too excrutiating and time consuming to be worth it.

You don't use a tablet thing ?

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

You don't use a tablet thing ?

No. I draw on paper with a pencil, then scan them, and color them with photoshop.

I don't know whether to laugh at the last part or to be completely freaked out. 0_o

Hey, who doesn't think Matoran are cute? They've always been viewed as the Bionicle equivalent of children on some level by the taller races. :P

• Upvote 1

Hey, who doesn't think Matoran are cute? They've always been viewed as the Bionicle equivalent of children on some level by the taller races. :P

True. Then again, not all of the Skakdi are exactly... right in the head after what Spiriah's done to the race. And if I recall, female Skakdi are more violent than the males. Kinda ironic, considering her attitude toward the Matoran. Then again, she might not be so friendly towards others. *shrugs*

True. Then again, not all of the Skakdi are exactly... right in the head after what Spiriah's done to the race. And if I recall, female Skakdi are more violent than the males. Kinda ironic, considering her attitude toward the Matoran. Then again, she might not be so friendly towards others. *shrugs*

Well... I don't really like to think that EVERY single member of the species thinks and acts the same. Surely, there just be a few exceptions, some variables. Maybe she could still have a violent side that shows itself when her friends are threatened, and she mercilessly pounds said threat to an unrecognizable pulp.

Here's something I was originally going to save for new year's eve, but what the heck, here it is.

sky_by_nickinamerica-d89ci5p.jpg

This is what the sky of Nova Orbis really looks like.

The part at the bottom is a drawing I made, and the background is a mix of space photos I found blended with some of my own effects. I hope it leaves quite an impression. This is the kind of sky I wanted this shot to have, when I made it a year ago.

bionicle__nova_orbis__planet_overview_by

Anyway, this is the first time we've ever gotten a REEEALLY good look at the sky of Nova Orbis from its surface. In most shots, it's been obscured by clouds, or Matoran-made lights in the foreground, making the stars less noticeable.

The sky of Nova Orbis is a bit different than the sky of Sphereus Magna. At night, you can see Nova Orbis' galaxy in the process of colliding with another one. When the sky is clear, the world is lit up by newborn, still-forming stars created by the forces of the two galaxies merging. Some of these stars can even be seen during the day.

Interestingly, Sphereus Magna is in the other galaxy.

Yeah... that should give you some idea of just how far away these Matoran are from their original home.

Well, that's it for today. Just wanted to upload something nice.