Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

NickonAquaMagna

My guess is that Piras is like the enforcer for the higher order lawmakers, or something like that. Much like Ultra Magnus in TF: MTMTE, he'll be the "Duly Appointed Enforcer of the (insert law/act here)".

For all we know, he could be a villain in a whole different way. Maybe he will end up supporting a government that shows the Matoran some love on the outside, but the Toa Novus find out that the inner workings of the government really hate the Matoran and are using the Toa Miro as puppets.

Either way, I know this is going to be good.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Looking back through your old Artwork topic and comparing the old profile of Venti (From who knows how long ago) to this, I'd have to say you've improved a lot from then, with him having a more sleek, primal look than his previous iteration. I especially like his wings, claws, and armour details. In fact, this pic may be a new favorite of mine.

Also, Is it me, or does he look a lot more feminine than last time? 

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Random thought, but are the Mechanicles related to the Vahki in any way?

Nope.

Looking back through your old Artwork topic and comparing the old profile of Venti (From who knows how long ago) to this, I'd have to say you've improved a lot from then, with him having a more sleek, primal look than his previous iteration. I especially like his wings, claws, and armour details. In fact, this pic may be a new favorite of mine.

Also, Is it me, or does he look a lot more feminine than last time? 

Eh... he's just really gangly. Now that I look back, though, the legs are pretty misleading. My original thought process was "slim down everything EXCEPT the thighs. They need to be muscular so he can take off."

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Here's another one.

unda_poster_by_nickinamerica-d97v6wc.jpg

Dang, huh? This might actually be the biggest departure from a Toa Miro's previous self, so far.

Is he telling us to look away because he's ashamed, or is it something else?

Previously, I tried to make him stand out by giving him dark or Metru blue "skin" with much brighter armor layered over it. That's kind of Imber's thing now, though, so to create a contrast between the two Toa of water, I've switched Unda's colors around, making his armor dark, with only glimpses of his former, brighter self showing through the cracks.

That's it for today. I hope you aren't getting tired of these, cause there's four more to go.

• Upvote 2

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

He looks definitely bulkier and like the others, more monochromatic and threatening. I'd say this one's not as good as the previous ones though. Could just be my taste in design.

Too many fins? I tried to keep his overall design pretty simple, to make him streamlined and aquadynamic. I may've overdone it in some other areas.

Also, he has webbed hands, now.

Here's Toa Ledas' revamp! This one was tricky, but I think it paid off.

toa_ledas_poster_finished_by_nickinameri

Indeed.

Somehow, this guy's managed to become even creepier.

So yeah, his armor's design is pretty simple, but his whole gimmick is being able to reinforce himself with plating made of ice. If this were a toy, he'd have asymmetrical armor, though we're sure to see him in a "full blown" mode at some point in the story.

That's it for today. As always, feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 2

I like the near-featureless mask, it sorta adds to the unsettling vibe he already has. I like the Idea of the self-forming Ice armour. Kind of reminds me of a boss in Monster hunter.

The only gripe I have is that the Shield looks a little flat. Maybe it's due to it's unconventional shape, I dunno.

Suppose I'd also talk about Unda here as well, as I forgot to the other day. I like his aquatic look, it really makes him look like a guardian of the deep. My only gripe on this one is that I think you kind of went overboard with the shading, resulting in his extremities being pitch black. Then again, That was probably intentional, as to keep the mysteriousness theme going throughout the Miro.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

I like the near-featureless mask, it sorta adds to the unsettling vibe he already has. I like the Idea of the self-forming Ice armour. Kind of reminds me of a boss in Monster hunter.

The only gripe I have is that the Shield looks a little flat. Maybe it's due to it's unconventional shape, I dunno.

Suppose I'd also talk about Unda here as well, as I forgot to the other day. I like his aquatic look, it really makes him look like a guardian of the deep. My only gripe on this one is that I think you kind of went overboard with the shading, resulting in his extremities being pitch black. Then again, That was probably intentional, as to keep the mysteriousness theme going throughout the Miro.

The shield was a separate drawing that faced the viewer directly. I used a warping tool to scrunch it up so it would look like we were seeing it from another angle. The result is... eh.

As for Unda, I did mean for it to be dark the further down you look, but it's not pitch black. I can make out all of the lines just fine on my computer. I guess it depends on your brightness/contrast settings. I did overdo it a little, though.

I like the wole "emergency ice armor" thing but the mask? The popping forehead kinda looks weird

Huh... well, he is looking downward, but yeah, it is kinda big. My bad.

Well this sure is turning out to be one very evil looking toa team...

Fun, isn't it?

Now that looks cool. That's my favorite one so far. The face really gives a soulless vibe.

One of my favorites too.

Aaaaaand here's another one! Toa Sein!

sein_poster_by_nickinamerica-d983m5q.jpg

Yeesh. He looks like he just walked out of a giant blender and pieced himself back together.

I had a bit of trouble with this guy. I wouldn't say he's the least interesting of the Toa Miro, but he was always one of the most... basic. I didn't want him to blend in with Piras' new design, so I went kind of crazy with this whole wastelander shtick, using colors like burnt orange an' whatnot. He's bulked up a fair bit. Oh, and he's wearing a skull as a belt. All the little vents around his armor can be used to project plasma, similar to Ledas' ice vents. He can even shoot it out of his freaking chest.

That's it for today. As always, feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Wow. You completely nailed the wasteland survivor look here, which fits Sein and his background perfectly! I especially like the scarf and Skull-belt.

Edited by Dr. Medic
  • Upvote 1

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

He is bulkier, and fits with the other Miro, but his design unlike the rest of them doesn't scream evil. He looks more distantly mournful, like he has some sympathy with the person looking at him, but will kill them if they approach too closely. The word next to his picture reinforces this idea.

You've hit the nail on the head. I couldn't've described him better myself.

Aaaaand here's another one!

ferrum_poster_finished_by_nickinamerica-

I can't help hearing this tune when I look at her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g512lnDkaDc

Now THIS one was tough to redesign, especially the mask. Toa Ferrum's original mask is one of the strangest, most over-detailed masks I've ever drawn. I feel this take on her has a much stronger and more consistent aesthetic than before. Of course, her colors are still kinda bland, so there wasn't much I could do about that, but I hope she comes off as imposing through her shape, all the same.

This character is the bruiser of the Toa Miro. Unassisted by a mask of strength, she is, proportionally, one of the strongest Toa alive. Her armor plating is so dense and heavy that most Toa would fall to their hands and knees beneath its weight, but the strain is worth it for all the protection it gives her, and she doesn't let it slow her down. She can move pieces of her armor around with her elemental power, focusing on giving areas that are being attacked maximum coverage and minimizing damage. She is also able to use this power when wielding her "Morph Blaster," her masterpiece. The Morph Blaster's name doesn't refer to the effect it has on its targets. The weapon itself has several different modes and configurations for different attacks. All she needs to do is imagine the parts moving into the right configuration, and the blaster changes shape in response to her thoughts. Whether she is the most powerful Toa Miro is debatable, but she is certainly the toughest.

So yeah... I'd say she's covered all of her bases pretty well.Tha

That's it for today.

Feedback is appreciated. Only one Toa Miro left.

• Upvote 2

Is that a Thornax launcher I spy as the barrel of her weapon?  ;)

Good work as usual. I'm liking her design, Especially the Samurai-esque shoulder-pads. Can't wait for the final entry!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Okay, last one.

zyvys_poster_by_nickinamerica-d98bsiy.jp

Dang... his original design (what was shown of it) was already bizarre enough. Now he looks NOTHING like he did before. Certainly not like any Toa we've ever seen. What does this mean? Just how advanced has his body become? Who's inside?

Eh, we'll find out later.

That's it for today. Bout time I wrapped this up. Now, the story can continue like normal.

Feedback is appreciated. Quite the team, huh? I'm sure I'm not the first to whip up a "scary" Toa team, so I wonder how this measures up?

• Upvote 2

Out of all the Miro, Zyvys looks the most "Alien" out of all of them. Given the fact Ba-Matoran are the least organic, I'm willing to wager that he has upgraded his body to Nanotechnology level, allowing him to control his physical form at will. I like the Curved shapes in his overall look, they make him stand out over the rest.

Now, what did he look like before this... and before he was corrupted in the first teaser picture? Guess we'll never know for sure...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

There is another teaser from the beginning of the year, where you can just barely make out what he looks like in a state of disrepair.

That was exactly the one I was referring to.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Chapter seven is online.

Read on >> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Return-Chapter-7-559626314

ch_7_panel_7_by_nickinamerica-d996qcd.jp

Not much happens in this chapter. Just a bit of a breather on the morning after the attack, and we get to see the Toa Miro interacting a little bit.

That's it for today.

Feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 3

Hmm. They all look evil, but they don't act like it. They act more...disturbed.

The stuff with Ahkmou being given that dummy mask and having his mask shipped away is really suspicious though. Almost like the Miro are being forced to do some bad things against their will by some outside force.

I kind of think you're right, there...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Chapter 8 is online! Here we go>> http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Nova-Orbis-Return-Chapter-8-561020111

ch_8_panel_5_by_nickinamerica-d9a0loy.jp

So... lotta things to discuss in this chapter. Thrill-seeking, survivor's guilt, coping mechanisms...

Oh, and Attra's back. Wooot.

Yeah, this is one of those more... "talky" chapters, and there's gonna be a few more before the plot really kicks into high gear. So I hope you guys like exploring characters, 'cause that's what we're doing.

That's it for today. Feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 2

No wait, scratch that. Gonna try to get it online, today.

Good work on that!

This was a good one. I liked the way it kinda expanded on some characters. But I still can't wait for some of the more action packed chapters. So, keep up the good work!

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!