• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bionicle- Nova Orbis (new world)

Featured

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#241 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 27 2014 - 01:55 PM

Why not have all the characters be RoboRiders? Set it after the defeat of the Virus, with the planet's civilization having become dependent on deadly races for entertainment, negotiation and commerce. After that, the options are limitless!

Because there's more to the natives of Nova Orbis than that. If I went down that route, the larger story I have planned would fall apart. I get it if you're really nostalgic about the Roboriders and really really want to see SOMEBODY make a story about them, but... that's not what I'm here to do.

nova_orbis_sig_2_by_nickinamerica-d7m226

#242 Offline Ahpolki0513

Ahpolki0513
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2014 - 09:06 PM

So Silva's either in Wonderland, the Dreamlands, or the Shivering Isles. If it's the third, he can expect cheese to rain from the sky. If it's the second, he might meet Mr. Carter. If it's the first, someone might be out for his head. XD

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but Silva's name sounds like "Silver". Was that intentionally?

Edited by Ahpolki0513, Oct 27 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#243 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 27 2014 - 09:32 PM

So Silva's either in Wonderland, the Dreamlands, or the Shivering Isles. If it's the third, he can expect cheese to rain from the sky. If it's the second, he might meet Mr. Carter. If it's the first, someone might be out for his head. XD

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but Silva's name sounds like "Silver". Was that intentionally?

No. It's a word for plants.

#244 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 706 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hey, Ahkmou made a statue of Takua in that image, didn't he?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#245 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hey, Ahkmou made a statue of Takua in that image, didn't he?

No. It's a reference to Hafu's statue of himself in the MNOG.

"Eat that, Hafu."

#246 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 11:52 AM

Chapter 13 is online! Woooooot! http://fc06.devianta...ica-d84gfcd.png

http://nickinamerica...er-13-491214253

13__6_by_nickinamerica-d84gf7g.jpg

Enjoy~

Random fact of the day- A day on Nova Orbis lasts around 40 hours... so yeah, they can get more things done each day because their days are significantly longer than ours.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll try to have another chapter ready by Friday.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna, Oct 28 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#247 Offline Toa Onaku

Toa Onaku
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 862 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 01:00 PM

It's great to have Nova Orbis back. I loved this chapter, and I am very much looking forward to the next one. Take care, Nick.

Steal the Mask 3

No more complications

S.T.E.P. sprite kit

#248 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,454 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 01:09 PM

Random fact of the day- A day on Nova Orbis lasts around 40 hours... so yeah, they can get more things done each day because their days are significantly longer than ours.

Really, now? I honestly hadn't considered that eventuality. 40-hour days isn't exactly a problem when your lifespan stretches into the tens of thousands of years. I take it this means that Nova Orbis is a very large planet?

Alright, on to the chapter itself:

Sooo, I didn't expect Uira to develop a sort-of crush on Calor, or is that just her way of being friendly? Since you actually did point out that it was something that apparently happened for little to no reason, I'm assuming you're going to shed some light on that in the future.

Ahkmou's upstaging Hafu was mildly humorous.

And then there's Turaga Vesta. Given the way he's described and the way he acted originally around the original Toa Miro, I can't help but feel a bit suspicious of how in stride he's apparently taking two new Toa standing right before him.

I enjoyed the chapter, Nick. Keep going.

#249 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 01:20 PM

Really, now? I honestly hadn't considered that eventuality. 40-hour days isn't exactly a problem when your lifespan stretches into the tens of thousands of years. I take it this means that Nova Orbis is a very large planet?

Sooo, I didn't expect Uira to develop a sort-of crush on Calor, or is that just her way of being friendly? Since you actually did point out that it was something that apparently happened for little to no reason, I'm assuming you're going to shed some light on that in the future.

Ahkmou's upstaging Hafu was mildly humorous.

I enjoyed the chapter, Nick. Keep going.

Well, not as large as some planets... about twice as big as earth, we'll say, but not quite as big as Sphereus Magna. It could just be that it spins a little slower than our planet does.

As for Uira's interest in Calor, there is a reason for that. She doesn't see him as marriage material or whatever, she just feels a certain kinship with him. The secret of it will be explained in time, though even she may not be able to tell us what it is. That's all I'll say about that for now.

As for Ahkmou, yeah, that's a reference to what Hafu made on the way to the Kini-Nui in the MNOG. Man, we've been getting a lot of references to that guy, lately. Well, I guess it makes sense. It's only a matter of time until we get a reference to Huki or someone like that.

And thanks.

#250 Offline Ahpolki0513

Ahpolki0513
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 11:55 PM

As for Uira's interest in Calor, there is a reason for that. She doesn't see him as marriage material or whatever, she just feels a certain kinship with him. The secret of it will be explained in time, though even she may not be able to tell us what it is. That's all I'll say about that for now.

So, what? She sees him as a brother or cousin or something of the like? :P

Edited by Ahpolki0513, Oct 28 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#251 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts

Posted Oct 29 2014 - 12:05 AM

So, what? She sees him as a brother or cousin or something of the like? :P

Well... okay, yes. Not gonna say why yet, though. That's as much as you'll get outta me.

#252 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,972 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2014 - 02:21 AM

This is interesting. I feel kinda sorry for Silva not being able to use his powers well. Ahkmou seems right at home with them, if inexperienced. Uira seems that way too.

I definitely wonder what Turaga Vesta wants to talk about though.

#253 Offline jakest123

jakest123
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 49 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2014 - 12:46 PM

Another... Akhmou original?

#254 Offline Fordianl

Fordianl
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 42 posts

Posted Oct 29 2014 - 02:42 PM

Better than infected Kohlii balls. :P

btw how do you get that spinning mask icon?

Edited by Fordianl, Oct 29 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#255 Offline jakest123

jakest123
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 49 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2014 - 12:37 AM

Better than infected Kohlii balls. :P

btw how do you get that spinning mask icon?

I'm not entirely sure because I've been away from the site for a long time, but I'd guess that it's related to how long the user has been a member for.

#256 Offline The Undertaken

The Undertaken
  • Members
  • Toa

• 115 posts

Posted Oct 30 2014 - 01:16 AM

It's all part of the conspiracy I tells yah!

I bet Vestus actually seething with indignation but is keeping it bottled up so as not to let these new Toa on to the secret of the Turaga's secret masters. Secretly.

Wonder what Vestus is going to talk to Calor about, maybe it's some challenge(a secret challenge!) to test his skill/loyalty(Secretly!) and to keep suspicion off of him and his stance against change.(SECRETS!)

mnog3d_banner.jpg
biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users