Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

After reading the posts and thinking about this a lot, I agree with the Velika/Kazi theory. I'm a bit conflicted with my opinion on the GB being the murderer, since I think it would be a little boring to cross the two serials (just my opinion) but it would make sense if the GB was the murderer, since a GB could probably either create a blade at least physically similar to Lesovikk's and killed Karzahni (or have hypnotized Lesovikk to kill him) and have killed Tren Krom too. Reason: Weeding off creations evil from his point of view maybe. Or cause chaos and mistrust from Matoran/Toa to Agori/Glatorian. I don't think Velika and Kazi would make viable murderers though, my opinions on the murderer are in the TPTB topic.

Well heres my 4 cents.-Vanisher a Dark Hunter who is independent, powerful and insubordinate. Can travel through intradimensional gates through which he can walk and appearing to vanish to the observer (GBs can turn invisble to there creations)-The Recorder we dont know much about his abilitys but he does record every thing TSO does wich could be a way to observe the MU .-Jerbraz mainly beacause he is invisible mabye as the gb he simply pretended to turn invisible instead of just beacase of an experiment.-or yeah Velika.I just really tried looking for not very mentioned canindates except Velika who I think is probably the GB.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I had a vaguely interesting idea. Perhaps Dekar was the GB, as he can easily observe as a Matoran. Then, when it was getting close to the time of Mata Nui being reawakened, and the shattering being reversed, the Mask of Life turned him into Hydraxon so he had powers to intervene if needed.Alternatively, Hydraxon might have been brought back to life by the Mask of Life, so that he was alive for the awakening of Mata Nui. But I have a feeling I read original Hydraxon was ruled out as the GB...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

One thing I'd like to add to what was said about Dume earlier.Someone (I forget who) stated that Dume cared too much about Metru Nui and the Matoran there, which doesn't fit with the personality of a Great Being.Well, since Metru Nui is the "brain" of the robot, wouldn't he really care about a bucnh of chaotic bounty hunters invading the city? Without the Matoran working, the MU ccan't run, so we can say that he protected the city and cared for the Matoran because he needed to keep the machine running.Did that ever cross anyone else's mind?signoffffff.png

Edited by The 1st Shadow

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Well heres my 4 cents.-Vanisher a Dark Hunter who is independent, powerful and insubordinate. Can travel through intradimensional gates through which he can walk and appearing to vanish to the observer (GBs can turn invisble to there creations)-The Recorder we dont know much about his abilitys but he does record every thing TSO does wich could be a way to observe the MU .-Jerbraz mainly beacause he is invisible mabye as the gb he simply pretended to turn invisible instead of just beacase of an experiment.-or yeah Velika.I just really tried looking for not very mentioned canindates except Velika who I think is probably the GB.

I did not think of vanisher in fact i totally forgot he existed. to add to the 2 dark hunters you mentioned i also have suggested darkness before due to the fact that he is always with the shadowed one. jerbraz is also a good candidate although there is one event i would think that he did that a great being would not bother with and that was helping mazeka and krakua

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I just realized something disturbing about the theory of Velika being the GB.Velika was a Toa in the Kingdom AU.I know there have been suggestions involving similar transformations, such as in Dume. But really, the evidence that claims Velika to be the GB is based on his status as a Matoran. Why would a GB who pretends to always speak in riddles want to transform into a Toa? We know Great Beings and Mata Nui set the destiny of their creations. But who sets the destiny of Great Beings? While we can assume that Velika is never supposed to become Toa in the main reality, he still was a Toa in an AU.Could his destiny alter in an AU so that his Matoran body would become a Toa?

Osaatko lukea tämän?

I just want to clear things up (so someone please respond directly to this with the correct information if you have it):I read earlier someone said something about the murderer and Great Being being one and the same, but I was reading the Story serials, and I just need to point out that the GB and the murderer are not the same person. The reason for this is because Vezon was teleported to meet the GB that originally touched the Ignika and was locked up, and Vezon later teleported the beings that had been expelled from MN's body by Terry. So now all these beings are with this locked up GB who admits to himself (and the reader) that he had killed both Karzahni and Tren Krom. So with this information, the other GB that we're looking for is not the murderer. Please keep this in mind in further posts. >~<~Makuta'sdarkslave

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

I just want to clear things up (so someone please respond directly to this with the correct information if you have it):I read earlier someone said something about the murderer and Great Being being one and the same, but I was reading the Story serials, and I just need to point out that the GB and the murderer are not the same person. The reason for this is because Vezon was teleported to meet the GB that originally touched the Ignika and was locked up, and Vezon later teleported the beings that had been expelled from MN's body by Terry. So now all these beings are with this locked up GB who admits to himself (and the reader) that he had killed both Karzahni and Tren Krom. So with this information, the other GB that we're looking for is not the murderer. Please keep this in mind in further posts. >~<~Makuta'sdarkslave

No, it wasn't the GB who was speaking. The murdered mentioned GB, he didn't say he was the GB. He was planning to kill everyone in the fortress.

Osaatko lukea tämän?

No, it wasn't the GB who was speaking. The murdered mentioned GB, he didn't say he was the GB. He was planning to kill everyone in the fortress.
Nor is the insane GB in the fortress the murderer, as he cannot escape the fortress (yet)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I just realized something disturbing about the theory of Velika being the GB.Velika was a Toa in the Kingdom AU.I know there have been suggestions involving similar transformations, such as in Dume. But really, the evidence that claims Velika to be the GB is based on his status as a Matoran. Why would a GB who pretends to always speak in riddles want to transform into a Toa? We know Great Beings and Mata Nui set the destiny of their creations. But who sets the destiny of Great Beings? While we can assume that Velika is never supposed to become Toa in the main reality, he still was a Toa in an AU.Could his destiny alter in an AU so that his Matoran body would become a Toa?

Perhaps he wasn't the GB in the AU. Velika would have existed regardless of the GB, as Velika is only the body the GB took. If the GB hadn't took that form, Velika would still exist, but with a different personality and no GB abilities/knowledge.

aouROFb.png

Perhaps he wasn't the GB in the AU. Velika would have existed regardless of the GB, as Velika is only the body the GB took. If the GB hadn't took that form, Velika would still exist, but with a different personality and no GB abilities/knowledge.
But the Kingdom AU was separated from main dimension when Mata Nui died. The Great Being had been hiding in someone for 100,000 years at that moment. According to the theory, Velika has always been the GB. So if the GB is Velika, it's impossible to have a Velika in a dimension that was separated 100,000 years after the Great Being went to MU.

Osaatko lukea tämän?

But the Kingdom AU was separated from main dimension when Mata Nui died. The Great Being had been hiding in someone for 100,000 years at that moment. According to the theory, Velika has always been the GB. So if the GB is Velika, it's impossible to have a Velika in a dimension that was separated 100,000 years after the Great Being went to MU.
Actually, it's been said (E's first post) that the GB's host creation could have pre-programmed. He didn't HAVE to be there all the time. Velika is still totally plausible.

Velika is also Greg's favorite Matoran, that's a plus right there.We never did find out how Velika realized energized protodermis was the cure for being posessed by Terry via Zamor sphere, nor how he knew what it even was. I don't think the others knew about EP, did they? And how did Velika even find it? Let's face it, he's secretive, cryptic, knows too much, and creates a lot. That's pretty GB-like.

aouROFb.png

Actually, it's been said (E's first post) that the GB's host creation could have pre-programmed. He didn't HAVE to be there all the time. Velika is still totally plausible.
Yes, I'm aware of that. But my point is that the Kingdom AU was separated from the main reality at the moment Mata Nui died, AFTER Toa Inika were on Voya Nui and Velika was seen. So Velika/Great Being was in Voya Nui and returning to Southern Continent at the moment when the Kingdom Au was created.

Osaatko lukea tämän?

I just realized something disturbing about the theory of Velika being the GB. Velika was a Toa in the Kingdom AU. I know there have been suggestions involving similar transformations, such as in Dume. But really, the evidence that claims Velika to be the GB is based on his status as a Matoran. Why would a GB who pretends to always speak in riddles want to transform into a Toa? We know Great Beings and Mata Nui set the destiny of their creations. But who sets the destiny of Great Beings? While we can assume that Velika is never supposed to become Toa in the main reality, he still was a Toa in an AU.Could his destiny alter in an AU so that his Matoran body would become a Toa?

Yes, I'm aware of that. But my point is that the Kingdom AU was separated from the main reality at the moment Mata Nui died, AFTER Toa Inika were on Voya Nui and Velika was seen. So Velika/Great Being was in Voya Nui and returning to Southern Continent at the moment when the Kingdom Au was created.
Well, he would probably opt for conformity. He joined the resistance because he was not corrupted by the Zamors. He didn't want his unusual behavior to reveal his secret. This is also why it isn't Krakua, his eccentricies could reveal his identity too easily, but Velika's all went towards hiding it. Plus Krakua did not conform one bit. He prided himself on being different.

aouROFb.png

Let me state results:As i readthe topic correctly, and i sure i did there is 5 basic candidates:1. Velika He speaks in riddles amd knows a lot/2. Kazi. Eccsentric matoran3. Zaktan. Leader of the Piraka who presumably killed by makuta4. OOMN Toa Krakua.5. Takadox.There also can be alot of persons who can be GB. But we need to relook the Bionicle story. I'm realy sure we going in circles around GB and not expecting that he's a simple personage.

Edited by Raph

Let me state results:As i readthe topic correctly, and i sure i did there is 5 basic candidates:1. Velika He speaks in riddles amd knows a lot/2. Kazi. Eccsentric matoran3. Zaktan. Leader of the Piraka who presumably killed by makuta4. OOMN Toa Krakua.5. Takadox.There also can be alot of persons who can be GB. But we need to relook the Bionicle story. I'm realy sure we going in circles around GB and not expecting that he's a simple personage.

Zaktan's dead, or at lest believed to be so. That excludes the possibility. Besides, he just doesn't have the hints that the one or two of yours I agree with do.Krakua seems too... uninformed. If he was the GB, he'd know both how a Toa works and wouldn't have been as much of a novice.Takadox... no. He's basically inept (at least too much so to be GB) and out to conquer the MU, when last we saw. Would a Great Being try to conquer his creation?I agree with the first two, though.

I hope it's not velika. I honestly do not think it is a toa. I believe it is a matoran. If you were undercover would you want to stand out as the tall guy with cool powers or would you want to be a normal every day villager? A Ko-matoran is very possible due to their highly secretive nature and intelligence. Kazi comes to mind.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

hey i still think it could be the dark hunter darkness or maybe minion. heck darkness has seen everything the shadowed one has and we don't know the full extent of his powers. i have given a full description of why i think darkness could be in previous posts. i agree that i don't think it could be krakua he just seems to weird. i do have a hard time believing velika but it is very possible with his personality.but i still like my possibility of darkness.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Zaktan's dead, or at lest believed to be so. That excludes the possibility. Besides, he just doesn't have the hints that the one or two of yours I agree with do.Krakua seems too... uninformed. If he was the GB, he'd know both how a Toa works and wouldn't have been as much of a novice.Takadox... no. He's basically inept (at least too much so to be GB) and out to conquer the MU, when last we saw. Would a Great Being try to conquer his creation?I agree with the first two, though.
Let me remind you that Takadox didn't wanted to conquer the universe. He betrayed Barraki to the Brotherhood. Plus if Barraki succeeded in conquering it would be much easy for GB to oversee the universe. They may have some way to owerthrov mata nui without hurting him tough.

I hope it's not velika. I honestly do not think it is a toa. I believe it is a matoran. If you were undercover would you want to stand out as the tall guy with cool powers or would you want to be a normal every day villager? A Ko-matoran is very possible due to their highly secretive nature and intelligence. Kazi comes to mind.

Velika IS a Matoran.

aouROFb.png

Let me remind you that Takadox didn't wanted to conquer the universe. He betrayed Barraki to the Brotherhood. Plus if Barraki succeeded in conquering it would be much easy for GB to oversee the universe. They may have some way to owerthrov mata nui without hurting him tough.
Point made. Counterpoint, though... Taxadox betrayed the Barraki specifically from personal self-interest. Also, unless the GB is malevolent/mad/stupid, he wouldn't have tried anyway. Plus, why would a GB allow himself to be imprisoned for 80,000 years where he could observe NOTHING?

Point made. Counterpoint, though... Taxadox betrayed the Barraki specifically from personal self-interest. Also, unless the GB is malevolent/mad/stupid, he wouldn't have tried anyway. Plus, why would a GB allow himself to be imprisoned for 80,000 years where he could observe NOTHING?
GB is Malevolent/ mad. According to Orde's words: he plans something terrible for this planet. We don't know what powers GB have. They may have some telepatic powers. Plus Takadox has hypnotic powers that allowed him hypnotize Carapar. Not much beings have that power. in not only Takadox. Well....still maybe you're right..but i still think it may be Takadox as well as GB is same person who kills all those beings (Karzahni, Tren Krom). But GB is Velika? well just don't likley.

Velika IS a Matoran.
Bad wording sorry. I just personally hope je isn't the great being. I know he is a matoran and he has pretty high chances of being it. Sorry for the confusion.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

Is explicitly stated that the great being must not have been mind-wiped? What if the GB was one of the metrutoran who simply hid the fact that he/she didn't lose his/her memories?Because if the GB was Kapura, then, you know, Greg could finally get around to explaining his behavior in MNOLG. (As BS01 puts it: "Through the Turaga's wisdom and much practice, Kapura learned the secret art of traveling very quickly by moving very slowly and concentrating on the place where he wanted to go.")But if GB can't override whatever the Matoran sphere did (or resist it in the first place: it's GB. His/her power is untold), well then, I think Velika is a good guess.

{Z}

One thing I'd like to add to what was said about Dume earlier.Someone (I forget who) stated that Dume cared too much about Metru Nui and the Matoran there, which doesn't fit with the personality of a Great Being.Well, since Metru Nui is the "brain" of the robot, wouldn't he really care about a bucnh of chaotic bounty hunters invading the city? Without the Matoran working, the MU ccan't run, so we can say that he protected the city and cared for the Matoran because he needed to keep the machine running.Did that ever cross anyone else's mind?signoffffff.png

i think.....yes..but not mine)) Good point. If Dume is GB then his care about matoran is clear. But...GB is not interferred with MU. He just observed it. And Makuta forced him into Matoran Sphere. I doubt GB would allow somebody to do it with him.

Is explicitly stated that the great being must not have been mind-wiped? What if the GB was one of the metrutoran who simply hid the fact that he/she didn't lose his/her memories?Because if the GB was Kapura, then, you know, Greg could finally get around to explaining his behavior in MNOLG. (As BS01 puts it: "Through the Turaga's wisdom and much practice, Kapura learned the secret art of traveling very quickly by moving very slowly and concentrating on the place where he wanted to go.")But if GB can't override whatever the Matoran sphere did (or resist it in the first place: it's GB. His/her power is untold), well then, I think Velika is a good guess.

Greg said that Kapura was his first choice, but decided not to have him as the GB, based on the mindwipe (I think). It has been confirmed not to be any mindwiped matoran though. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

Why would matoran be GBs in the first place?

Because the GB only wanted to observe the functioning of the MU without influencing events, and the best way to do that would be under the guise of a Matoran.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... Nuju-observed the stars for glimpses of the future (he observed)-became a toa and sidestepped the mind-wipe (he might have foreseen the mind wipe as part of their destiny)-His language - this isolates him from normal conversations and he needed a translator (Matoro) for communication. A Great Being might not want to have his thoughts interrupted. (This seems to be the strongest point in this theory).-Who would ever suspect a turaga of being a Great Being? In fact, given his life after his toa days, I'd say he'd be in a prime position to observe the matoran (more than he could if he were one of them as he leads an entire village). -Custom lens installed in his mask to assist with observation. Nuju seemed very devoted to the notion as a matoran.Weak point - His time as a toa meant he would have to take action instead of observing the universe.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, fine, I give. As much as I really want to believe that my Umbra theory has something to it, I have to accept that Velika is the GB for a few reasons. The first is that everyone pretty much agrees on that fact, and the community is rarely wrong when this many people are convinced of its authenticity. The next is the great evidence you guys have put forward. Really taught me a lesson. Not sure if anyone else posted about this, or if it has been mentioned, how many times, but I would like to quickly direct your attention to Legends #3: Power Play, Chapter 5, page 54, first paragraph.

"[...]Anyway, that building we were in is an old fortress built long before Voya Nui floated where it is now. We were securing underground entrances to it when Velika found this silvery pool. None of us knew what it was, but he insists it will free out friends from the effects of the zamor spheres."

~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

Haven't read much of this topic, but reading the last post, I looked on BS01 and found this "Velika is Greg Farshtey's favorite Matoran". If one of my characters was actually an unknown and perfectly hidden secret villain, that would be my favorite character. :updown:

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

Mavrah wouldn't have been effected by the mind wipe because he was "dead" by then. But now that he's turned up again. . . . The only reason I doubt this possibility is because Greg couldn't very well say, "The Metru Nui Matoran are all discounted--oh, except this one, who is the GB."More realistically, perhaps Lariska. That seems plausible. Greg's stated her to be his favorite Dark Hunter, and in a storyline regard, she was in a position to see pretty much all of the Matoran Universe.Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Mavrah wouldn't have been effected by the mind wipe because he was "dead" by then. But now that he's turned up again. . . . The only reason I doubt this possibility is because Greg couldn't very well say, "The Metru Nui Matoran are all discounted--oh, except this one, who is the GB."

Not to mention I think Greg set the "Guess the GB" task to us before Mavrah was revealed to be still alive. I could be wrong on this, but the guessing challenge was around from close to the start of the most recent serials, and Mavrah was only brought back from the dead in the last chapter of The Powers that Be, so I'm fairly certain the guess challenge came first.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Honestly, I don't think we'll ever know who the GB is because I don't know if Greg plans to continue the story. But anyways, on topic: I think that it's Brutaka. I mean, he fought for Mata Nui for a while, then he saw his opportunity to take over, so he became evil. Once the Toa Inika and Axonn stopped him, he realized that he had to wait for a better time, so he reverted back to his good guy ways, waiting for his time. That might also explain why the Antidermis affected him in a different way than it did to the others. But that might have been explained somewhere. I don't know for sure.