LEGO Minifigures Online News

tn_minifiguresonline_12_19_13.png

It's been a while since we heard anything about it, but it's time again! The website dedicated to the upcoming LEGO Minifigures Online MMO has been updated with tons of information, pictures, closed-beta sign-up and a scavenger hunt to unlock some goodies. Also, IGN has published an interview with Funcom on how Funcom plans not to let the Minifigures game fail like LEGO Universe, among other things. The game is due for release in summer 2014, so this stuff may help ease your wait.

View the full article

So I tried to sign up but neither the "Yes, I would like to participate" nor "No, I do not want to participate" buttons are working. Anyone else having this problem?

Worked for me. Did you sign in with your LEGO ID?

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I don't intend to even bother with signing up for this; all of my worst fears about it have been confirmed. It's really a shame to see LEGO go from BIONICLE and LEGO Universe, to Hero Factory and... this pile of scrap.

Wait, what? Lego has had hundreds of less-than-stellar online games. They've had them since before Bionicle started, had plenty when Bionicle was running, and continued to have them after it ended. I haven't played this, and don't have plans to, since I don't do a lot of online gaming, but at its worst this is a harmless game and not indicative of any sort of decline.

Lego Universe failed to turn a profit and had to be cancelled, and now Lego is trying something new. Would you prefer that they didn't ever try to make an MMO again? If not, cut them some slack.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't intend to even bother with signing up for this; all of my worst fears about it have been confirmed. It's really a shame to see LEGO go from BIONICLE and LEGO Universe, to Hero Factory and... this pile of scrap.

Wait, what? Lego has had hundreds of less-than-stellar online games. They've had them since before Bionicle started, had plenty when Bionicle was running, and continued to have them after it ended. I haven't played this, and don't have plans to, since I don't do a lot of online gaming, but at its worst this is a harmless game and not indicative of any sort of decline.

Lego Universe failed to turn a profit and had to be cancelled, and now Lego is trying something new. Would you prefer that they didn't ever try to make an MMO again? If not, cut them some slack.

BIONICLE actually has nothing to do with their games. I was just saying that it was another great thing they replaced with something somewhat subpar.

So a Diablo style TT game like Darkspore with no real customization of your own personal avatar and no free build. Why not just buy the TT games then?

Exactly. I thought that LEGO was supposed to be ABOUT customization?

toatanusignature.png