• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Super Awesome Micro Project

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 2,965 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 09:02 AM

So awesome!
I've seen quite a few awesome brick-built projects over the years, but few, if any, have come close to <a href='http://www.superawesomemicroproject.com'>this</a>. Steve Sammartino from Melbourne and Raul Oaida have built a life-sized car made out of over 500,000 LEGO bricks that drives. What's more, the motor itself is also made out of LEGO bricks and runs on air. I suggest you check it out <a href='http://www.superawesomemicroproject.com'>on the website dedicated to this Super Awesome Micro Project</a> and watch the video footage right here, on BZPower, by clicking the 'more' button!

View the full article

#2 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 09-April 10
  • 9,524 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 11:41 AM

Just when you think you've seen it all...

This is really incredible. I shouldn't be surprised, since anything can be made out of Lego bricks nowadays. :P Though if I were to own this, I would be afraid of getting into a car wreck. That would be bad, to say the least.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#3 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Banned Members
  • Savage Blizzard Awakened

• 05-July 10
  • 11,025 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 11:50 AM

Slick. How does the engine work? Compressed air?

#4 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,455 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 03:35 PM

This is really incredible. I shouldn't be surprised, since anything can be made out of Lego bricks nowadays. :P Though if I were to own this, I would be afraid of getting into a car wreck. That would be bad, to say the least.

I don't think bad is the word for Lego pieces flying everywhere all over the street and cars skidding because of this. :P 

#5 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 04-January 13
  • 961 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 04:27 PM

I thought LPE's stuff was cool, but this takes pneumatic powered LEGO engines to a whole new level. 

That "BZPower Reader" was me, BTW. :P Sorry I forgot to specify my username in the email. 

Edited by XONAR, Dec 19 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 08-July 03
  • 4,076 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't think bad is the word for Lego pieces flying everywhere all over the street and cars skidding because of this. :P

Skidding? You ever stepped on a LEGO piece? They don't slip, they stab. Those things will puncture tires. :P

Obvious joking aside, just when you think you've seen it all done with LEGO, someone comes along and blows your mind with something else. For those who want a little more written information, there's an article for it here on the BBC where it mentions, among other things, that it's piston driven (hence 'air powered', I guess).

Looking forward to seeing how LEGO blows my mind next time.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2, Dec 19 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#7 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Banned Members
  • Savage Blizzard Awakened

• 05-July 10
  • 11,025 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2013 - 06:53 PM

Skidding? You ever stepped on a LEGO piece? They don't slip, they stab. Those things will puncture tires. :P

Obvious joking aside, just when you think you've seen it all done with LEGO, someone comes along and blows your mind with something else. For those who want a little more written information, there's an article for it here on the BBC where it mentions, among other things, that it's piston driven (hence 'air powered', I guess).

Looking forward to seeing how LEGO blows my mind next time.

I think Derpystar is referring to the possible 'free' Lego that might result from such an accident. 

Which is another reason to pass on the car. I wouldn't want kids stealing parts off it. 

#8 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,313 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 06:03 AM

I thought LPE's stuff was cool, but this takes pneumatic powered LEGO engines to a whole new level. 

That "BZPower Reader" was me, BTW. :P Sorry I forgot to specify my username in the email.

Try to remember next time. ;) The article has been updated. And thank you for the report! ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#9 Offline Phantom Terror

Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • The Master of FIYAH

• 18-February 13
  • 1,358 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 07:54 AM

OH MY MATA NUI.

My mind has just been blown. This is beyond incredible.

Now make a LaFerrari that runs.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click HERE!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users