2012 Hero Factory Sets Emerge

Alright, because I like to review stuff, I'm going to go individually. Rocka- Might be my favorite of the Heroes. His helmet looks alright, though I'm not a huge fan. I like the white hero core because he always had one, but I would prefer it if his eyes were white to match. The bow/crossbow is a good idea with the ammo belt coming out, but I'm iffy on the shield. It looks alright but I'm trying to think about how versatile a trans-lime flat hexagon patterned piece might be. More gold is nice, as usual. I do wish all bone pieces on a particular set would be either black or gray, though. The whole different colors for different lengths is a little irritating. Furno- For the red guy, there is surprisingly little red. I don't mind the old helmet, it makes me wish the Toa Mistika had had helmets that looks more like previous versions. I wish his core matched his eyes, or was at least a unique color. The tubes and turbines look pretty cool, though it's odd the Hero most associated with fire needs to go underwater. The trans-red shoulder armor is throwing me off, as are all of the white armor pieces. It's just odd. Not sure about the silver arm, either. Breez- Again, color issues. The core is white which I have stated I don't like, but more importantly, she has three different bone piece colors: red, white, and black. Not working for me. I do like seeing those shoulder pads in lime, and the launcher piece in red. The original Hero feet are an interesting choice as well. The white armor doesn't work for her any better than Furno. Back armor is interesting, even though it's just a hero foot. It'll probably look a bit strange, really. Surge- Colors, again. I don't like him suddenly being as lime as he is blue, and I don't really like the mix. The shoulder armor sticking up looks pretty bad as well, especially since it's silver.The recolored weapon looks much better than the old one, though. Evo- His helmet has me a bit torn. I like that it resembles his 2.0 form, but I really don't like the shape. The weak arm isn't looking too good, either. They still aren't giving us any variety in the yellow armor department, I would appreciate something other than size 4 and those big wide pieces. I'm most angry about his lack of purple, though. I was really hoping he would have it for some accents. Without it he's a bit too generic for me to bother with, I'm thinking. Jaw-blade- A shark with arms is a pretty new idea for HF, I must admit. It's a bit of an odd shape and I don't like the trans-orange armor on his body, but I think I like the design overall. He is a bit spikier than I would have made him. Furno blade recolors are nice, as well. Thornraxx- Hate the name, but he reminds me a lot of the Nui-Rama which were awesome. He looks to be an interesting build with quite a few pieces that I want. Whatever azure that is, I hope we see more of it in the future, it looks like a nice color. Who knows, maybe I'll even like it more than teal. Toxic-Reapa- Looks great. I really want those black shoulder pads and trans-lime armor could be useful. Those canisters look good. The only thing I'm don't like his his lack of shin armor. I'm also really happy those two-clawed feet are being redesigned. Split-Face- Pretty boring really, just a humanoid without much to set him apart besides the color split. I don't use gunmetal much in MOCing so the only thing that would draw me to him are those red round armor pieces. Maybe if they had chosen more interesting colors I would consider him. Black Phantom- Looks surprisingly good. I like the color scheme and mace. That build is getting old fast, though. I'm not liking the arms on his back either. Chances are I won't get him. I can get the majority of the pieces I want elsewhere so no need to spend $20 on something that doesn't blow me away. Misc- Overall the wave looks pretty good with some nice parts. We'll see if the Glatorian head will be redesigned, but considering that at least most of them use it, it should be. The redesigned Thornax launcher piece is interesting, too. Probably won't have many applications that the original didn't, but being shorter may make it useful in some situations.

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

Anybody notice the figure tanding in the background of the Black Phantom picture? It reminds me awfully of Stormer, even though he apparently isn't a set. Nevermind, it's just Rocka.

Edited by Uber Bunny

I

___warned

__________you

______________about

____________________the

_______________________stairs

____________________________bro

99041.png

If that isn't teal on the one set, I will kill somebody. It's a colour long overdue for a comeback...

We are going to have a murderer on BZPower soon... :fear: Really, teal is long discontinued, and that´s an azure colour (either dark or medium, we don´t know for sure). Even so, I think it is quite awesome to have such an unusual colour for bone pieces. :rolleyes:~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Does anyone know whats on Rockas chest exactly? Looks like some type of slashing damage. Also, I do not get what the pattern on the armor of Breez has to do with her, same thing with Evo. Anyone who knows?

I think Rocka's pattern is probably just a decoration, same with Breez's (since Rocka has no elemental affiliation and air is hard to illustrate).

My greatest fear is that they've messed the plastic up...

What would make you even think that? It's probably the same ABS plastic as normal (maybe a softer plastic for parts like the shoulders). Why expect TLG to make arbitrary decisions that reduce quality?

Well, looks like Hero Factory caught the projectile disease. I guess it would have to happen eventually, but I still don't like it. One item of note is that it looks like most of the heroes now include back armor, which can seen easiest on Breez. It appears to be a 1.0 foot attacked to the back of the torso frame. 1000101 BC 010101

I dunno why people act surprised about the projectiles; all of the villains in the 1.0 wave had them, and in the 2.0 wave; 3.0 had them in all the large box sets, so it's not exactly new. It just happens to be on the Heroes this time, and the villains don't have any. I can't actually see any back armor besides on Breez, but I'd like to see some form of it. However, that 1.0 foot isn't exactly snappy.
I guess I should've been more specific, I was disappointed that the Heroes now have projectiles. Often times they're too big and bulky and simply don't look right and unfortunately these are no different. As far as back armor goes, it would appear that Split Face and Rocka include 2.0 foot pieces as what I can only assume is supposed to be back armor. 10010010 BC 010001010

Reminds me of the days of Metru Nui more than ever now. :)

^This^ This wave really has a Bionicle feel (probably because of the high number of Bionicle pieces). I have only ever bought one HF set, but now...I'm sure this has been mentioned, but what's with the number of heroes? Five? Is Splitface a bad guy in a canister? Also, DAT JAWBLADE
LEGO has changed their concept to five Heroes and five bad guys. You may have noticed they vary in sizes as well, so there are two 8 USD/10 EUR Heroes (Evo and Surge) and three 13 USD/EUR Heroes (Breez, Furno, Rocka) now. As far as the bad guys are concerned, three are small villains (Thornraxx, Toxic Reapa and Jawblade), one mid-sized (Splitface) and one large-sized (Black Phantom). I am sure we can expect there to be a new style of packaging as well. :sly: ~Gata. ;)
Interesting, sort of like the Phantoka split. I'm seeing a lot of the pieces from those lines too.
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

Dunno. Hit and miss. Heroes:Surge - Colour scheme just looks... bleugghh, though I like the recoloured sword - using it in that way kinda reminds me of Berix using the recoloured Tahu sword, with the pipe on the end. I feel that they should have used different helmets and he looks a bit plain same old armour pieces (not many new pieces) Furno - I like the pipes and turbines. They make him look tougher, bigger, though I think it will get in the way when moving his arms. I also like the new torso armour, with the extra detail. Again, the re-used head. I think they should have redesigned it, so it looks similar to the original, but is different enough that you can tell it's a new set. I see he has ONLY ONE WEAPON, and no melee weapons. What's wrong with adding a sword? I admit, the new launcher looks really cool, but it's just another zamor launcher! For a company that promotes creativity, I don't see many creative sets these days. LEGO Designers: Okay guys, let's make a Hero Factory set! Put the skeleton up. Okay... slap on this piece of armour there, this bigger piece of armour here, and, oh! I got it! Let's make a new launcher which fires the same thing - our zamor ball - but this time, change the TOP half so people will have a new reason to buy it! And put that translucent piece there... etc. Evo - Is it just me, or does he seem smaller, somehow? Anyways, he looks really awesome with his armoured arm, and new helmet, he could pass off as a villain, if you ignore the big H on his chest. I have to say, this helmet is one of the best I've seen in this wave, since it really makes him look awesome, while still retaining some of the original look (cheek-vents). Again, the one launcher weapon. I'm not going to repeat what I have already said, but I still pain about this aspect. This actually looks decent on him, as his arm seems to be designed based on that, though I still which they would give him another weapon, like a chain mace. That would fit his character/aesthetics. Breeze - Wow. Definitely one of the better looking sets. Again, I think they should have redone the helmet, but I don't think they could've done much, as it looks great on this body. In the first wave, I think the head looked a bit over sized.I really like the new shoulder pieces, and it looks like her legs are longer (lower left leg), but they've re-used the original HF feet. Neutral on that. If I get the set, I'm gonna take off the rockets - they just look silly. LOVE the sword and the energy shield (Halo-style), though I think the shield should be on the OTHER hand, because, I mean, how are you going to block with your attacking hand? Rocka - OH. MY. GOSH. He just looks amazing. The one launcher weapon looks great this time, with the translucent bottom, and the crossbow-like parts coming off it. The green energy shield, his helmet, and the machine gun/bow arrow belt, along with the gold and grey colour scheme makes him look FREAKING AWESOME. I dunno, but his helmet makes me think of the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz. Villains:Toxic Reapa - He looks beast. Really. Looks like a more organic Corroder, and I love his colour scheme (LOADS of translucent lime). My only worries are that the green fire bits may fall off easily, and his height. HIs legs are VERY short. Does he look so menacing now? Jaw Blade - I appreciate his shark-ness, but for me, stubby arms on a shark just seems really awkward, and his body looks a bit sparse in terms of parts. The edged fins and head look really good though. I predict he will be one of the smaller sets. Thornraxx - Less sparse than Jaw Blade, but still, I have doubts about this one. The thornax launcher coming out of its mouth just doesn't cut it. The head reminds me of a Visorak head, with the pincers and all. Might be hard to manipulate, and if you look closely, I think he's got an extended neck. I just noticed - THE TEAL!!! Well, at least I hope it's teal, because on the Mistika pictures, I thought Tahu was going to be Mata red, due to the photoshopping they did :upset: Twoface Splitface - Definitely buying this guy. Each side of him has its own thing going, and even the helmet's in two parts! The print really helps as well. Black Phantom - His helmet is really cool, but his thighs look unshielded. I love the torso piece, Visorak launcher, and his super-duper-uber-ultra-rocking-footstompin' mace! In my opinion, I think Witch Doctor's legs were the best, as well as his arms. I see he has the FIre Lord's feet as well.

Edited by Iku

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

^This^ This wave really has a Bionicle feel.I'm sure this has been mentioned, but what's with the number of heroes? Five?
Speaking of the BIONICLEization of HF, let's say it was obvious. HF was intended to take the place of BIONICLE and so it is doing: just watch at shooting weapons. They have been given also to heroes, not only to villains or to special packs ( compare the "Bulk and Vapor" and Exo Toa sets, for example ). Like what happened to BIONICLE, HF heroes are taking even longer to build and becoming more heavily armed and armored. Remember how were simple the Toa Mata and how instead were, for example, Toa Inika?As for the hero count, I didn't notice that... Yeah, nice question: where's the sixth of them?

^This^ This wave really has a Bionicle feel.I'm sure this has been mentioned, but what's with the number of heroes? Five?
Speaking of the BIONICLEization of HF, let's say it was obvious. HF was intended to take the place of BIONICLE and so it is doing: just watch at shooting weapons. They have been given also to heroes, not only to villains or to special packs ( compare the "Bulk and Vapor" and Exo Toa sets, for example ). Like what happened to BIONICLE, HF heroes are taking even longer to build and becoming more heavily armed and armored. Remember how were simple the Toa Mata and how instead were, for example, Toa Inika?As for the hero count, I didn't notice that... Yeah, nice question: where's the sixth of them?
There might be a store-exclusive set we haven't seen, but I think that's unlikely. More likely, TLG has just decided to change up their release pattern, just like they did between Throwbots and Roboriders when they reduced the default number of "canister sets" from eight to six.

At first I thought, "this is a piece of art". It quickly changed to "what is this monstrosity". Now I'm somewhere in the middle. Why are we back to glatorian heads?! This eems like a step back as opposed to a tep forward. Another thing, that everyone will despise me for. I HATE the new hero chests. The designs are pretty odd, and the chests look, frankly, Mega Bloks-ish. However, the sets recover well, they are so SHINY and awesome looking. They have so many add ons (like Furno's turbines and Breez's little rockets) they look like MOCs. The villians are good but I have serious qualms with one. Thornaxx. He bugs me sooo much (pun intended). He so stupid looking. He doesnt even seem like a villian, more like an inexperienced builder's third MOC. I don't care that he has Dark Azure. I still hate him. He looks a rip off of the old Nui Rama. The best are Toxic Reapa and Furno. The worse are Surge and the dreaded Thornaxx. Rant from BZP noob over

If you think that Justin Bieber sounds like an eight-year old girl hyped up on sugar, copy and paste this into your signature.

Copy and paste this in your signature if you think Greg Farshtey should reveal The Shadowed One's real name.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Guess what? My profile pic has nothing to do with My Little Pony. Get used to it. Copy and paste into your signature if your are like me.(ToaTonyia) Nvm , since I'm a brony now Dashie for president

Copy and paste this sig if you cried a little inside during the cutscenes of Halo: Reach

Why did Bionicle never have all these new parts every year though?

Yeah... why didn't they? Is HF better than bionicle? I think NOT! However, I think that Rocka is the best. He just looks the coolest of all of the heroes. And Splitface has to be the best looking villain.

--xanthorp_sig.jpg--

01-01the_chronology_of_enigma.png

The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!

Guest DarkShadow

Yay, glatorian heads! Now I shall finally buy some sets(not only for the glat. heads, I recently learned for myself that the new building system is amazing for mocs). Currently I only own fangz, as my soft spot for creatures got the best of me, but this series may change my anti-HFness. Some of these villains look fairly well, and the heroes seem to have finally taken a step in the right direction. Though im not sure why im judging the sets themselves, as im just going to rip them apart for parts, but... TEAL! Well, azure. I like the color azure. And I don't really give a dang if its called azure or teal, It's obvious(from that photo at least) that lego gave in to pressure from fans for teal, but didn't want to show that we had defeated them, so gave it a different name. Anywaaay, time for a story theory(still don't care about story, but I thought Id give people who do something to think about.): Did anyone else notice that each hero seems to have a different theme, and that there is one hero and one villain with corresponding backgrouds? Well I did, and came up with this. If I recall, there was a test chamber of some sort in the actual hero factory, used for training. In the 'rise of the rookies' or whatever it was called, the enviroment in said chamber seems to change. So this is what I thought of:Two theories: 1 Hero factory was attacked, but the villians were beaten back and attempted to escape. in doing so, they stumbled into test chambers(one in each) that the heroes pursued them through. However, Rocka and phantom seem to be in hero factory itself. This could either be a simulation of a hero factory attack(that phantom escaped into), or rocka is pursueing him through the factory, and phantom was not trapped in one of the chambers. 2 I formulated this based on alpha team's absence: This entire season is just a training session. Again with the appearence of Rocka and Phantom's backgrounds, perhaps Rocka is not in training like the others and is trying to stop phantom singlehandedly, while the rest of the heroes rush to complete their training. Well, theres my two cents. feel free to discuss my theories

Is it just me, or is this feeling a little bit like BIONICLE 2008? 0.o Look at their backgrounds. Evo and Toxic Reapa are in a jungle sort of place. Furno, Jawblade, Splitface and Surge are underwater. Breez and Thornraxx appear to be in a high-flying area. Rocka and Black Phantom are in what looks like the assembly room in the Hero Factory. I wonder what that means....

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I already said this int he official topic, but I love all these sets. Toxic Reapa in particular is fantastic.I do dislike Surge, though. Which is a shame since his previous forms ranked quite high in their respective lines. The lime just kills it, I think. It's like Toa Hahli all over again, except that was a good thing and not stupid.

AXKP5KC.png

Why did Bionicle never have all these new parts every year though?

Yeah... why didn't they? Is HF better than bionicle? I think NOT! However, I think that Rocka is the best. He just looks the coolest of all of the heroes. And Splitface has to be the best looking villain.
As Aanchir said, BIONICLE did have this amount of new parts per year (and more). -Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Is it just me, or is this feeling a little bit like BIONICLE 2008? 0.o Look at their backgrounds. Evo and Toxic Reapa are in a jungle sort of place. Furno, Jawblade, Splitface and Surge are underwater. Breez and Thornraxx appear to be in a high-flying area. Rocka and Black Phantom are in what looks like the assembly room in the Hero Factory. I wonder what that means....

I kind of agree, except that I don't think surge and splitface are under water.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

There might be a store-exclusive set we haven't seen, but I think that's unlikely. More likely, TLG has just decided to change up their release pattern, just like they did between Throwbots and Roboriders when they reduced the default number of "canister sets" from eight to six.
Throwbots? Roboriders? What... Oh, never knew about them. Btw, I don't think so: it's very difficult, for me, that LEGO changed idea about release patterns, because in the case of HF, which is a set line made to replace BIONICLE - that always released six heroes and six villains ( except for Stars series ) - and has already got 3 series, it would be too late to do a similar change, on my advice.

Throwbots? Roboriders? What... Oh, never knew about them. Btw, I don't think so: it's very difficult, for me, that LEGO changed idea about release patterns, because in the case of HF, which is a set line made to replace BIONICLE - that always released six heroes and six villains ( except for Stars series ) - and has already got 3 series, it would be too late to do a similar change, on my advice.
Really? After all, BIONICLE changed its release pattern for canister sets in 2008 from being one team each wave to having good guys and bad guys in the same wave, after seven years of the established pattern. It wasn't a huge change in the pattern (still six sets per wave), but it was still significant. Likewise in 2007, instead of six small sets for the year there were only four. There's no reason why once a largely meaningless pattern is established it can no longer be altered from that point forward.

Wow, I'm actually impressed with this crop of sets. I'm digging the teal, or whatever it is, and all the sets look like very well created. The names are childish, but that's to be expected by now anyway. I hope this means more awesome color combinations in the future.

My life is filled with Cataclysmic events
cataclysmic_banner.jpg
Flickr-Brickshelf
Concept Artist/Composer for Bionicle: Next Generation

As for my thoughts- Breeze- I kinda like some ideas, but dislike others. I like the Samus aesthetic of her shoulders, but that doesn't actually excuse her not looking manly. In fact, Samus's shoulderpads intentionally trick the casual gamer into thinking that Samus is male (metroid historians like me should know this already). However, I personally like to think of them as armor-attached hydrogen gas balloons to aid in achieving lift, that 'deflate' and are not visible when she's not airborne. On the subject of flight, the rockets are ridiculous (and have red), not to mention being undersized. I also agree that her weapons overload is ludicrous given her position as diplomat. And her color scheme, oh my lord. The red has to go. now. The white, on the other hand, I intend on keeping, seeing as how white is a very 'airy' color, and would mix excellently with lime. As for her weapons and red arm shield, I'll do something to those when I get the set... EDIT: I also hope the patterns on the chestplates are stickers and not print, so that I can take them off of Breeze. I think ALL of the red has to go. Evo- Darn, no purple. why. If I can though, I'll attach a yellow 2.0 chestplate and purple hero core, or just the core in lieu of the chestplate should it not fit...(I always liked the 2.0/3.0 chestplate so much). The gun arm is epic, except for the coloration of the projectile (red? Really?), and the other arm is hideously underarmored and needs a melee weapon. Inferno (Furno, It's just that I hate the grammatically/linguistically incorrect version)- Nice jetpacks, launcher arm is okay, but the 1.0 helm could go better on him or not be used. lack of melee weapons is even more unexcusable seeing as how he doesn't have a giant gun arm he could whack things with. Say, Breeze has red blades that she shouldn't have anyway... :sly: Rocka- First off, the helmet is totally awesome except for the mouth area, and somehow that brings the whole thing together in an incredibly mediocre manner. The crossbow arms are also ridiculous, seeing as how they aren't even aligned with the spears they presumably shoot. I might realign them into forward facing blades that he could use in melee...Other than that I think the chain-fed spear launcher is a cool and creative idea, and he's cool in other departments. Surge- Oh lord, this one needs work...color scheme control, for one. I'm not much against him having lime as a secondary, but that's overkill for a secondary color. The shoulderpads also stick like sore thumbs compared to the rest, and the lightning sword is misaligned with the axis with which he holds it (something like that would be terribly difficult and inefficient to wield). He also in general looks thin and easy to destroy, so that will need to be fixed (not much, lest he look too bulky for a former sniper...) Black phantom- Oh great, another firelord clone. The upper half conceals that fact well, and in my opinion is pulled off very well. The angle of the photo also makes his antlers look a little like demon horns to me, so he gives a faintly very demonic impression. The mace/sword thing and launcher though, will have to go. The sword and mace are amazingly epic new pieces (particularly the mace in general, and the sword's coloration- melee solution for Breeze that isn't overkill, anyone?). But I still don't like the weapons because I usually imagine demon characters as using their natural weapons (claws, fists, etc.) and their demonic powers in battle, not in-hand weapons. Those are humanoid concepts, not demonic. Firelord legs are also terrible in design and too long. Jawblade- I may not like the hands, but I gotta admit- You want inspired design, look at this guy. I mean seriously, a shark with arms? Who comes up with that? Other than the hands, the shark theme makes this set really cool. Split lower jaw is weird, but it reminds me of the Sangheili from Halo, as well as -shudders to say name- Waspix, so it does kind of work for him. Thornraxx- I don't get the name at all. just a pointless tip to the thornax from Bionicle that kinda doesn't make sense in context...On the other hand, the set itself is (to me) clearly a nod to the Nui Rama from Bionicle's ye olde days. I know it's not true teal on him, which is a little sad, but let's be honest: azure contrasts the orange much better than old teal would have. I love the contrast, so I don't really mind the lack of actual teal. In addition, if you look at the hi-res hard enough you can tell that he uses a completely 'custom' torso-it doesn't use any variant of the torso for heroes, and instead is base on the connection point to Wasp's second pair of arms. I love that creativity. Head color could use work though, it's black and manages to stick out like a sore thumb anyway, a rather undesirable achievement if you ask me.EDIT: Oh wait, I just looked at the pic again, he has more black on him so it doesn't stick out and I don't mind it anymore. Can we say corrupted memory? TwofaceSplitface- I don't like this guy. The concept of dual sides is neat (if not the most creative, seeing as how it's not new at all), and the nod to Thunder in the helm is nice, but other than that and looking at each individual side, he's just uninspired. That ruins the set for me, he would have been much cooler if each side were as inspired as, say, Jawblade, and contrasted intensely with the other (not clash though, just contrast to add humor and irony to the character). Can we say purchased for the parts? Toxic Reapa- Terrible name. Glorious everything else. trans-green cladding? awesome. Also manages to nicely mix Corroder and Meltdown's inspirations/themes, and I like the stature for some reason. He's really short, with spindly and weak legs and a strong, buffed up torso/arms/head. I just like that, it's a little on the creative side. While based on the Heroes' torso, the armor/cladding on him is custom as well, and that's also cool. This is probably the set I want most. As I've seen other members describe it, very hit-and-miss. And for those who haven't noticed (there's, like, a 99.9% chance they have :P ), I intend on modifiying these sets when I get them. I'll have to post them and let you guys decide how many of the 'miss aims' I'll have corrected...

-Code Green

Edited by Team G&B

This is a shared account. Green text indicates the author is Code Green, and purple text indicates the author is Code Black. Links to topics for our MoCs coming soon...

-Team G & B

A few things I notice here: One, look closely at the backgrounds of the images and you will notice the heroes and villians come in pairs. Two, that bug thing, teal or not, does resemble the nui-rama three, Toxicreapa is almost exactly the same as corroder, he's even in the same pose! four, Rocka and black phantom are inside the assembly tower! five, Stormer is missing. unless he died in savage planet and i missed it, he should be a set. This may mean that the images of him and another villina have not yet been released. And finaly, a little speculation on my part: there is no obvious connection between any of the heroes or villians. I have a hunch that this may be hero factory's last run. Because there are no similarities between the heroes or villians, it leads me to believe there is no connection at all. Taking aIl this into account, I have a hunch about this season's storyline: all of the heoes are off on random, unrelated miisions, but Rocka, for whatever reason, has stayed behind. BLack Phantom takes advantage of this situation to lauch an attack on hero factory. I also have a hunch that Black Phantom could be an older main villian in disguise, or more than one of them merged together. He has Fire lord's body design, horns and the head is also similar. The colour scheme and the shoulder plates however, remind me of Von Nebula. Perhaps the two villians have teamed up somehow to take down hero factory?

A few things I notice here: One, look closely at the backgrounds of the images and you will notice the heroes and villians come in pairs. Two, that bug thing, teal or not, does resemble the nui-rama three, Toxicreapa is almost exactly the same as corroder, he's even in the same pose! four, Rocka and black phantom are inside the assembly tower! five, Stormer is missing. unless he died in savage planet and i missed it, he should be a set. This may mean that the images of him and another villina have not yet been released. And finaly, a little speculation on my part: there is no obvious connection between any of the heroes or villians. I have a hunch that this may be hero factory's last run. Because there are no similarities between the heroes or villians, it leads me to believe there is no connection at all. Taking aIl this into account, I have a hunch about this season's storyline: all of the heoes are off on random, unrelated miisions, but Rocka, for whatever reason, has stayed behind. BLack Phantom takes advantage of this situation to lauch an attack on hero factory. I also have a hunch that Black Phantom could be an older main villian in disguise, or more than one of them merged together. He has Fire lord's body design, horns and the head is also similar. The colour scheme and the shoulder plates however, remind me of Von Nebula. Perhaps the two villians have teamed up somehow to take down hero factory?

Apparently the theme is a breakout, which could help explain why these characters seem unrelated. Also, I welcome the lack of Stormer. I like him and all, but it'd be cool if we got all these rookies in the winter, and maybe in the summer we'll get the three Alpha Team veterans, plus Nex and some new hero, in the same style as this wave. (Which is to say, a 1:1 hero-villain ratio instead of the unbalance of past lines)

AXKP5KC.png

I know that i'm getting every set in this wave. Even if its just for parts. I kinda have an idea for a story myselfsince each of the villians seem like past villians merged together (minus the 3.0 villiansblack phantom: fire lord and von nebula. fire lord design. Von nebula style colorschemesplitface: thunder and Nitroblast. Thunder head. and Nitroblast colorshemethornraxx: Rotor and Jetbug. Both flewtoxic reapa: Corroder and Meltdown. Corroder color and style. Meltdown back tanks and hosesJawblade: Vapor. Xplode and Drilldozer. silver colorscheme like Drilldozer. red spikes like Xplode. Vapor cause he was the most water like of the villians. Honestly These villians were leftover so i just mashed them together. The story is Firelord gets ahold of von nebula's black hole staff. This causes them to merge together (its a hero factory story. They don't make much sense anyways :???: .) The new form called black phantom breaks out all the villians (except witch doctor) and merges them together for more power. As for the heros part of the story. I got nothing :notsure:

Edited by takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I kind of like this new line, it reminds me a lot of bionicle. Also, notice how, as i mentioned in my last post on this topic, that Black Phantom and Rocka are inside the hero factory assembly tower? Perhaps this means it is the last line of hero factory. I hope so. If this is the last hero factory, then maybe they'll come up with a new them for next year...or bring back an old one. Like Bionicle. The bionicle website is still active, and it is still a registered trademark, so maybe this is bionicle's triumphant return.

Also, notice how, as i mentioned in my last post on this topic, that Black Phantom and Rocka are inside the hero factory assembly tower? Perhaps this means it is the last line of hero factory. I hope so. If this is the last hero factory, then maybe they'll come up with a new them for next year...or bring back an old one. Like Bionicle. The bionicle website is still active, and it is still a registered trademark, so maybe this is bionicle's triumphant return.

• [*]
Being in the assembly tower != meaning some sort of endgame, it probably means wow this dude's gonna sabotage the creation of heroes[*]Just because the site is still up doesn't mean anything, it just means the site's still up[*]Bionicle's not coming back for a long long time

Apparently the theme is a breakout, which could help explain why these characters seem unrelated.Also, I welcome the lack of Stormer. I like him and all, but it'd be cool if we got all these rookies in the winter, and maybe in the summer we'll get the three Alpha Team veterans, plus Nex and some new hero, in the same style as this wave. (Which is to say, a 1:1 hero-villain ratio instead of the unbalance of past lines)

That would be excellence of the highest magnitude. A 4.0 Stringer would be the best thing ever! Just imagine what sort of weaponry and armour he'll have (assuming he would have his original musically-designed helmet and the rest of his equipment were designed to match)!

bionicle is trans culture

Has anyone else noticed that some heroes have 1.0 feet and others have 2.0/3.0 feet?Oh, and Furno's chestplate looks awesome, Thornraxx reminds me of a Nui-Rama, and why does Splitface have what looks to be a modded Thunder helmet.Anyone feel the same way? :huh: --:ruru:

banner.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that some heroes have 1.0 feet and others have 2.0/3.0 feet?

I think Breez is the only one with 1.0 feet. Which is a shame, because having 1.0 feet in yellow and gold would have been way awesome. Also who else here hopes those claw things on Splitface have +-rod connectors on the ends because wow they look cool already

bionicle is trans culture

Has anyone else noticed that some heroes have 1.0 feet and others have 2.0/3.0 feet?

I think Breez is the only one with 1.0 feet. Which is a shame, because having 1.0 feet in yellow and gold would have been way awesome. Also who else here hopes those claw things on Splitface have +-rod connectors on the ends because wow they look cool already
Those claw things on Splitface are just the same blades Nex 2.0 has. No less awesome how they're assembled into a weapon, but they're not new pieces.