Bionicle Minecraft Modification (No Name Made Up Yet...)

NuparuDescendant

Just as the title says, this is a Bionicle modification i'm going to make, but here is my twist. This modification will literaly be like lego on building with the Bionicle parts and due to my Bionicle in Scale Thread, I'm going to make one that 'should' fit the scale of minecraft. (note:Until I can change the title i did figure out a name. 'Better than Bohrok', yes it's unoriganal but alot of names i thought of have been already taken.)

what it is: Now before you yell it out yes this is going to be a project similar to Matrix's Biocraft, but no plagiarism is involved AT ALL!!! If Matrix or anybody wants to help me on making this modification, that's fine by me. Now on to the good stuff.

This modification will be based around existing items and sets from 2001-2003(with exceptions) not only will this be 'to scale' but you will be able to play as all the characters/rahi. But I'll take it 1 step further, you will be able to make your own Toa without you having to use java coding. how will this be done? you ask, well you'll have to wait and see. Also all models will be close to the resemblance of the parts. There will be a normal model version(which will be based on the 16x16 textures) and high quality version(this will be based on the 32x32 texture making the models more detailed, It's hard to exsplain without showing you an image) there will be much,much more to this modification but for right now I want to keep it a surprise. Maybe down the line i can provide a document of every feature.

Now to let you folks know, the models will come quickly since I've been doing cgi modeling for 6 years, but to warn you the coding may come slower.

Also to note this will be a contributing project. So if anyone wants to help provide recomendations on how to do the models, providing images, etc. That's fine with me, also you will be credited for such help.

So here's the details of how the progression of the modification will work.

Size of the parts: By doing alot of research and math, the Technic part that will be the foundation of the parts will be half a standard peg. The peg will be 1x1x1 pixels. (I'm Doing this on a block of 16x16 pixels)

Software:
here is the list of software that I will use for the mododification:

Your Favorite 3d modeling program (i.e. Blender, 3ds Max, AutoCAD)
Ldraw (with the Ldraw unofficial parts addon)
LDVeiw
Minecraft Forge
Lego Digital Designer
Minecraft
Image Editor (i.e. GIMP/Photoshop)
Techne

So that's all the software, all of them (besides Photoshop, 3ds Max and AutoCAD) are free so you don't have to worried about paying for programs.

Priority List:
This is a list of what 'should' be finished first. These however do not need to be in that order. As of right now i want to focus on sets between 2001-2003

1st Group:

Toa Mata/Nuva
Matoran schematics of 2001 and 2003
Turaga

2nd Group
Rahi Group 1 (The normal builds of 2001 rahi sets and the 2002 Master builder Rahi set will be used)
Bohrok(this includes the original, Va and Kal)

3rd Group
Teridax(2003 set)
Bahrag

4th Group
Kaita/Nui Fromations
Rahi Group 2 (this is Rahi from Alternate Builds or Combiner Sets)
Takutanuva

So Again, Don't have to be in order.

So that's the details, I leave you with a WIP ussal crab, by that i mean add transparent textures add some flat 1x1 pixel blocks then I'm done with the crab.
0001.png

Right now my focus are on the rahi since i need to research on how to model some of the parts the 2001 matoran and toa, like I said, Ldraw may have alot of parts, but not all.

Until then, see you then

Ok quick update, for right now I ususaly can work on the modeling on thusrsdays and saturdays since I work at a lego studio on those days because they have parts I need to do the reasearch on. But I can only work on them during my break and lunch break(each 1 hour) but the parts shouldn't take that long. It took me 1/2 an hour to make the ussal. Once the 2001 toa and matoran are done then the modification can go into full development. (Aka 1-5 hours each day due to my free time)

update number 2: just finished the toa mata. note these are only the blender CGI models and have not been implemented into minecraft. If asked enough I'll see if i can post the link to the actual 3d files.(with the moderators' permission of course I'm still new to this forum) so here they are the one, the only,TOA MATA! tell me what you folks think and if asked nicely enough, i may build the toa kaita early. next up the 2001 matoran.

all+toa+mata.jpeg

Edited by NuparuDescendant

• 2 months later...

I really hope I'm not bumping this, but this project looks awesome! I am just getting into coding modifacations for minecraft and I would love to help (though my skills aren't that great) just let me know what you need done code wise and I will try my best to make it happen

Edited by Toa-Jax
biocraftbanner.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I really hope I'm not bumping this, but this project looks awesome! I am just getting into coding modifacations for minecraft and I would love to help (though my skills aren't that great) just let me know what you need done code wise and I will try my best to make it happen

sorry for the ultra late reply, i considered this idea dead, but since i have one backup on this project and that is better than nothing. i already have the toa models but they are in the 32x32 resolution. ill pm you more info when i get the chance.

Sorry, but I'm afraid there's revival here.

From the rules:

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more, or the topic will be closed. If it was still needed for discussion, people would have kept it going. If there's new information relating to the previous topic, but that topic is too old to revive, then it's probably fine to create a new thread.

This thread needs to be closed. If you have something new to present then you're welcome to start a new topic.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]