• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Solid 14K Gold Kanohi Hau Review!

Sold Gold Kanohi Ha Gold Hau Bionicle Review Rare Masks Gold Kanohi

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hey guys, I made this review of my Solid 14K Gold Kanohi Hau, I figured we have only really seen pictures of the mask, and there weren't many pictures anyway, so I went over the mask in detail as best as I could. Hopefully you guys can enjoy this review of a great piece of Bionicle History.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

1450742_622589041116027_1097713149_n.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Please check out my trade topic, I'm trying to raise enough money for the Platinum Avohkii, so if you want any of my rare items, please feel free to message me or contact me via my trade topic:http://www.bzpower.c...067#entry597005

Thanks

MC

Edited by Mask collector, Dec 20 2013 - 10:41 PM.

Want to help complete the worlds first and only 100% complete Bionicle collection? I'm missing only 10 pieces to have the worlds only complete collection, if you or anyone you know has them. I'm willing to give an extremely generous offer for any of the pieces I'm missing. If anyone helps me secure a deal for these pieces, i will give the person who helped a prototype bionicle part/WMKK/Prototype Bionicle Set! Please help if you can. If you have any of these please PM me!

Metru Blue Noble Matatu prototype_metru_blue_matatu.jpg
Not to be confused with the Gali-blue European misprint

Sterling Silver Krana Kal 

(preferably with the Certification card and bag) 

All 8 Variations of the Grey Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK)

#2 Offline -Sidorak-

-Sidorak-
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Trusted Trader

• 6,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the footage. I tried buying it from Philip too but when I contacted him a while ago he couldn't find it. There were more than 5 released to the public but that's just nitpicking, it's still really rare and gorgeous. Great addition to your collection!

#3 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 918 posts

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 11:03 PM

This was Philip's? Cool, didn't think he would be willing to sell it. 

Shadows of the past catch rays of the future on Turaga Beach.

#4 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2013 - 11:40 PM

Its was kelly's from the bzp admins, then phillip wise's. He lost it in his ware house and found it recently, I contacted him first months ago and he said I had first dibs. So we worked out a number and now it is mine!

Thanks!
Mc

Want to help complete the worlds first and only 100% complete Bionicle collection? I'm missing only 10 pieces to have the worlds only complete collection, if you or anyone you know has them. I'm willing to give an extremely generous offer for any of the pieces I'm missing. If anyone helps me secure a deal for these pieces, i will give the person who helped a prototype bionicle part/WMKK/Prototype Bionicle Set! Please help if you can. If you have any of these please PM me!

#5 Offline Solo

Solo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 216 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 11:02 AM

So I would assume this mask weighs more than the plastic ones, does it comfortably fit and hold up on one of the toa mata heads?

#6 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yes, the Mask weighs 9 times the original weight of the plastic masks and can hold up just fine.

#7 Offline LQ1998

LQ1998
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 12:26 PM

What were the origins of this mask? Was it made by LEGO or foraged by some big fan. (Sorry if this sounds clueless but I never knew that this existed :P.)

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

#8 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 12:33 PM

It was created by lego, it came in that case and was a promotional give away they did clear back in 2002 if I'm not mistaken. Also there is a total of 32 in the world, but only 5 were ever given away to the public, lego kept the rest for themselves, who knows if they had the necklace and case though.

Mc

#9 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 770 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 01:03 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for this?

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#10 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 02:00 PM

Let just say, if I sold it for $4000 like I'm considering. Then I would only make a little off of it.

Mc

#11 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Surrender or Run

• 8,600 posts

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 06:49 PM

I have never been a mask collector, but I knew about these hau. Pretty cool kanohi!

Thanks for the picture and the video! :D

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#12 Offline Imatron

Imatron
  • Members
  • Toa

• 145 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 07:56 PM

Kelly got that mask as a prize for a Bionicle web site design competition, he placed first for the age group he entered in. 

>_< Ouch. Philip was getting ready to sell it to me, and when I had the money ready, he found out it was misplaced. He said I had the first shot at it too, and even replied to a latter email saying I'd be the first to know when he found it. Judging by the similarities in our stories, he must have gotten the two of us confused, even though I've been working for him for more than five years now :_:. If you sell it, keep me in mind, don't know if I can budget 4K but Ill see how things work out.

I'd say keep it though, not only is it a 14k Hau, but the fact that it was Kelly's, that he won it for a a web design contest years ago and now works for The LEGO Company as a (I forget what the exact tittle is) web designer, adds a sort of twist and historical value to it, which I cant say for any other 14 K Hau I know of. Plus you came very close to not getting it it in the first place, all Philip had to do was send me an email, I think it was meant for you : )

#13 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well, i had contacted Philip about it months ago, and he said I'd be the first to know, but nonetheless, I'm more then likely keeping it. I was only considering selling it for the money benefits for the Platinum Avohkii. It would be helpful to have an Extra $4000 right about now! LOL but i shall keep it for the time being, but i really hope i never have to get rid of it.

MC

#14 Offline hachiroku

hachiroku
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 11:10 PM

The video was blocked due to copyright ground.

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

#15 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2013 - 11:12 AM

The video was blocked due to copyright ground.

Strange, It plays just fine for me. Maybe because of the music, are you from another country? I uploaded this from Utah in America. 

#16 Offline hachiroku

hachiroku
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2013 - 02:07 AM

Ok. Never mind then. I saw it now on my pc. I was on my Iphone/Ipad when I tried to open the video and I guess it just wont open using my I-device lol. Very good review I may say and congrats on acquiring this one of a kind Mask. You sir are the man.  :bowdown:

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

#17 Offline LQ1998

LQ1998
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2013 - 11:54 AM

It was created by lego, it came in that case and was a promotional give away they did clear back in 2002 if I'm not mistaken. Also there is a total of 32 in the world, but only 5 were ever given away to the public, lego kept the rest for themselves, who knows if they had the necklace and case though.

Mc

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Interesting that they only gave away 4, I wonder if they'll ever do anything with them.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

#18 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am over %9000 jelly, it is awesome that you have the 14K Gold Hau and another thing that i think we haven't seen that mask on a MOC.

By the way can a Steal....   i mean Borrow your Hau please :P

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#19 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2014 - 10:43 AM

Haha, well here in about a months time I should be getting the one and only Platinum Avohkii. So I will also do a review of that mask for the people to enjoy. I have plans for the future that will keep bionicle alive in the hearts of fans just like us.

More coming soon
Mc

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users