A few questions on appearance, and Elemental Kanohi in the MU.
1. I was thinking about the few Elemental Kanohi, the Garai, Kraahkan and Avohkii. I just wondered, surely it's possibly (and in my opinion probable) that there are Kanohi of every Elemental Power? I don't see why not, what do you guys think? I guess certain ones like the Mask of Light and Mask of Shadows have to be special (I know they're unique), but as for Fire, Ice, Stone, Plasma, Plant-Life etc., why not?
Do these Elemental powers use different reserves (EE and Kanohi Energy)? So if you're Hewkii Mahri, and you exhaust your EE reserves, could you switch to Gravity powers (although I gotta agree with Bonesiii that the Garai is closer to weight control than Gravity control but CLOSE ENOUGH ), or would you not be able to use the other power?
And how awesome would it be to have a Team of 6 Toa with 12 Elemental Powers?! XD
IMAGINE THIS PLUS SUVAS O_O
2. Related to this:
- Elemental Kanohi don't come with Toa exclusives like Nova Blasts and Proto-caging, correct?
- An Elemental Kanohi will give you powers equal to a Toa (aside from Toa exclusives), no more, no less, correct?
With Psionics, we basically have two powers, but ones that are, in the Bionicle Universe, two sides of the same coin, like Electricity and Magnetism. These powers are Telekinesis and Telepathy. Incidentally, we have two separate Kanohi for these powers. So, I was wondering if they are individually more powerful than the Toa Elemental version. So, if a Toa of Psionics had a Telepath battle with a Toa using a Suletu, the Suletu wearer would win (not counting experience just potential of power reserves/limits, since a Psionics user is likely to be much more experienced), right? Would this be the same for a Telekinetic battle between a Ce-Toa and a Matatu wearer?
3. We have seen that Kanohi tend to be certain shapes, but characters like Norik (maybe Krakua) show that they have the shapes of other Kanohi. I was just thinking that surely this could be used to a tactical advantage. Say you're in a fight, and you have a Mask of Strength shaped like something like a Mask of Water Breathing. Your opponent might think "I don't know for sure what their mask power is but it's almost certainly a Mask of Water breathing because no one ever really bothers with different shaped masks." So they go in for some boxing type fighting, thinking they might have an advantage, at their great, pummeled expense and your victory when you super smash them. So in that kind of way, could shape variations be used to add tactical confusion to combat? I know I used to do this with my MoCs, since i would just use whichever mask looked right and then have whatever power I wanted with the character because I knew it wasn't limited like that.
4. Toa and such could surely paint themselves different colours if they wanted (obviously the Av-Matoran light frequency shifting trick is much more convenient), so in the expanded fiction, couldn't this also be used to tactical advantage: i.e,, disguising yourself as a being of another element, or painting your armour with camouflage patterns if you don't have a Huna handy/want to use a different mask, just to help you a bit if you want to be discrete.
I can see the last two questions.points being real points of trolling/confusion in canon, but surely it makes sense and is very possible? I'm ignoring things like "the have to be the right colour so kids buying he sets don't confuse them", I'm just thinking about what's possibru
*EDIT (Little side question: Couldn't Artahka, or anyone skilled/powerful enough, make lots of Masks of Shadows and Light?)
Tell me whatcha think guys! Cheers ^^
Edited by NuvaTube, Dec 21 2013 - 12:34 PM.