sunflower

Aaaaaaaand here's another one.

Oh I've got so much to say about this piece, though so few words to say with. The history behind this has been riddled with false starts and many, many start-overs. Suffice to say, I'm extremely pleased to have finally finished it, or at least gotten the project to a state where I can call it finished.

Pictured here is my BZPRPG character known as Dehkaz Kyhrilik. He's a Toa of Magnetism, and easily one of my favorite characters to write as. A former bounty hunter, assassin, and mercenary, he's got a somewhat (cliché) troubled past and a thing for knives. Though despite this, he's now the commander of Po-Koro's navy (oxymoron will be oxymoronic) and one of the many resident badbutt cops located in Po-Koro.

Though they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and so why not a picture.

Link

Comments and Criticism welcome.

Maybe I'm actually getting the hang of this fancy tablet. :3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

/naonamode

"I definitely do not find this man attractive at all."

/naonamode

There's this sort of Dresden-y feel to Dehkaz. Especially with the coat and the hat. Sad that we can't really see his face though.

/dehkazmode

"Yes ma'am, whatever you say."

/dehkazmode

Might do another take of this, this time with him actually facing the right way.

Wow... What did you use to make this?

It was a rather convoluted process, though I suppose it started out on paper as lineart, and then I ported that over to Photoshop to refine my ideas, before porting that over to Illustrator to sharpen up the lineart, and then moving it back over to Photoshop to paint the finished piece.

First time using vector for a serious work, was interesting.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Nicely done! You seem to have a decent grasp on shading, and the piece just has an overall lovely look. It's a bit flat in places, but I think that's my only complaint. You said this was your first time using vector for serious work, though, so I'm impressed. :)

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Nicely done! You seem to have a decent grasp on shading, and the piece just has an overall lovely look. It's a bit flat in places, but I think that's my only complaint. You said this was your first time using vector for serious work, though, so I'm impressed. :)

Thanks a bunch! :)

Yeah, it does look somewhat flat, especially around the right elbow and the belt. I think I might have been able to fix that up a bit, but then I probably will spend another week just being OCD about all the little details. :P

Despite the fact that going over the lineart in Illustrator was pretty tedious, I'm really happy with how it came out. Really would like to try it again some time.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I like this, but I see some points for improvement. The fingers feel a little small to me-they should be bigger to provide a better sense of scale. I also think they're a little too claw-like for a Toa's fingers. I also wish we could see the front side-that way you could see what he looks like more, and it would also show what the mask of laser vision (That's what Dehkaz wears, right?) looks like. I think a frontal sketch would be interesting to see.

But overall a very good job. The shading is indeed excellent, and I think you captured the back of Toa's head quite perfectly. (No sarcasm there-the back of the head is excellent in terms of anatomical design.)