• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Hero Factory Video Game?

Hero Factory Video Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 332 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hi, guys. We know that there are Bionicle video game existing but what about a Hero Factory one? Do you think that there should be a video game for Hero Factory? If so, what would you want the video game to be like? For me, I think there should be a video game for Hero Factory because I think the Hero Factory franchise is selling so pretty well that I think there should be a video game for Hero Factory pretty soon. If it would exist, it would be based on the Hero Factory storyline, there would be console versions of the video game, and I would like it to be like a combination of the Lego Minifigures video games, like Star Wars and Super Heroes' action/adventure gameplay and Bionicle Heroes' weapon-upgrading part of its gameplay. :)

So, what do you think, guys?

Edited by Lenny7092, Dec 22 2013 - 11:19 PM.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#2 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,083 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't know that Hero Factory really NEEDS a video game, to be perfectly honest. BIONICLE didn't have a great track record with video games, after all. And Hero Factory has done reasonably well with online and mobile games, moreso than some other LEGO themes at any rate.

If there were a Hero Factory video game, I think the best game would be something like a cross between the Breakout online game and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Immersive environments, simple controls, the opportunity to play as and customize any Hero of your choosing, plus lots of things to collect, achievements to unlock, memorable and dynamic music, and well-written dialogue between the player character, teammates, and opponents in each and every level.

The games already share some traits, such as achievements, the ability to unlock and equip new gear that affects your character's performance on multiple levels, and a user-friendly auto-targeting system for weapons. But naturally, as a big-budget game from a major publisher on a system that was designed for gaming, Uprising ended up a lot more polished. Overall, what I found to be weakest in the online Breakout game, other than occasionally finicky controls and other glitches, was that it wasn't very story-driven. Adding a voice track to each level like in Kid Icarus: Uprising would improve upon that immensely.

Gosh, I started out the post saying HF doesn't need a video game, but after thinking about how PERFECT a cross between Hero Factory and Uprising would be, I'm kind of sad that such a game will probably never exist.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Dec 23 2013 - 10:35 AM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#3 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,129 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 10:00 PM

Moving to Media Discussion.

#4 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,019 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 05:34 AM

I think a Hero Factory video game would actually work out much better than a BIONICLE video game. The more generic story and the modular customization options would allow for a great video game where you can create your own Heroes and send them to a variety of missions in many different environments. And of course, people wouldn't complain about it not being canonical. :P

-Gata signoff.png

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think something like the Breakout game would be amazing. They would probably need more environments and levels, though, to make it a proper video game. 

And maybe a little bit more story, to make it more engaging and all that. 

#6 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,773 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 05:51 PM

A Hero Factory video game has the potential to fix everything that a BIONICLE video game did wrong. It should be something like Breakout, but needs something more.

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#7 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Members
  • pupwa why

• 108 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2013 - 09:24 PM

Maybe not, LEGO would problitty Rush it like it did to bionicle: the game or do something else so stupid It turns out bad.
178.gif

#8 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 917 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 01 2014 - 03:13 PM

I think a Lego Star Wars style HF game would actually work out really well now that they're using minifigs.

Shadows of the past catch rays of the future on Turaga Beach.

#9 Offline meowmachine

meowmachine
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 9 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 01 2014 - 03:20 PM

I think the new mobile game could work as a regular video game beat-em-up. Insert some funny dialogue, more expressive faces, and some interesting combat and you would have a fairly formulaic LEGO game.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users