• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

General Art Contest #20: BZP YouTube Banner!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,071 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yes, I said YouTube! :o

BZPower has its own YouTube Channel. But something's missing. See the rectangle with the geometric gray background here?

http://www.youtube.com/user/BZPTube

That's what you get to create an image for! Pretty awesome! But what to make? Well, it should be Bionicle and/or BZPower related, and we'd obviously like it to be quality. The dimensions must be 2560x1440 pixels. If you have any other questions beyond the basic standard rules for art contests, please post them here. But in general, you decide!

Entry period begins now and ends (tentative date) on January 30 at 11:59 PM EST (that's a Thursday). If we don't get a lot of entries by that time we might extend it but please if you're interested do try to make time for it sooner rather than later. :)

RULES

1) All entries must qualify under General Art rules (so no comics or animations).

2) Each member can only enter one image.

3) Each entry must use the entry form below.

4) The entry image you direct-link (display in-post) can only be 500 KB or less in filesize as per BZPower rules. I don't know if this will matter but just for the record. The entry image itself must be 2560x1440 pixels, and ideally a PNG or JPG, so if the filesize of that comes out to under 500 KB you can just post it directly, but otherwise please link it from text or a thumbnail.

NOTE: If you are displaying a smaller image to fit in the 500 KB limit, this MUST be a scaled-down version of the entire image, not a cropped portion of the full image.

If anyone needs help resizing images, you may ask for it here or by PMing me (you may text-link to the large images here before officially entering them in such cases; just don't use the entry form until you have an image small enough).

5) Please do not enter the image until you are satisfied it is finished. To keep this one simple, you must ask permission to edit any images, describing how you would, and I or the administration reserve the right to say no -- so please just avoid the issue by only entering when it's ready.

NOTE: If an image you entered violates the rules you may switch it for a qualifying one, but you must notify me.

6) Entries must be appropriate for young children. I or the admins reserve the right to disqualify any image we feel crosses the line, and if you are unsure if something is okay, please PM it to me instead of posting (though in this case, if you're unsure, best just to go with something else).

7) No flaming, spamming, impatience-posts, etc. However, discussion, questions, and comments about the contest are, yes, are allowed here in the entry topic.

8) This contest is open to all BZPower members.

9) I reserve the right to edit any and all posts, if I spot a problem in them I can fix with no need to consult the poster, especially format problems.

10) Additional prizes for first, second, and third place will involve mailing, so do not enter unless you are willing to divulge mailing details to BZPower staff (but do not give that out publicly).

11) If you are unsure about anything and don't wish to publicly reveal your plans, please feel free to PM me your question. (I may need to forward it to the administration depending on what it is.)

Entry form:

Member name: [use the name you want permanently on record]

[img=UNDER500KBPICURL]

Other links: [optional; link development images, and/or a topic for your entry]

Replace "UNDER500KBPICURL" with your entry image, or a scaled down version of it. This should be the ONLY directly-linked (displayed in-post) image in your entry form. All others should be linked to.

If you wish to make the main image a link to a larger version, replace the img tag line with this:

Click for fullsize:
[url=LARGEPICURL][img=UNDER500KBPICURL][/url]

And replace "LARGEPICURL" with the larger version of the entry image.

Additional prizes will be:
30240 Z-95 Headhunter
30054 AT-ST
40057 Fall Scene

First place will get first pick, second place then gets to pick, third gets what's left.

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 28 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 01:10 PM

I've already got the gears in my head turning! :D

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#3 Offline Primis

Primis
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,764 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 01:49 PM

Why does the image have to be 2560x1440px? All the channels that I'm subscribed to are all around 1060x175px.

gallery_10204_135_28634.jpg

#4 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,823 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 02:51 PM

Why does the image have to be 2560x1440px? All the channels that I'm subscribed to are all around 1060x175px.

This is because on a TV display, the YouTube Banner will use a larger image than, say, a tablet.

But may I add, that there is a principal to making the Banner. Considering Tablets can only display a certain portion of the image, and 13" laptops will only display a portion of the image, and so on, so forth, the Banner needs to be made according to the smallest dimensions it will be displayed in. I have a template that sets out the measurements of each display type (i.e. Tablets, Laptops, Monitors, etc.). Since most viewers will be using a laptop or a desktop, most of the artwork should be within a designated measurement. Here is the template.

Also, refer to the Google support article for more on the dimensions, etc.

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#5 Offline Primis

Primis
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,764 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 03:29 PM

This is because on a TV display, the YouTube Banner will use a larger image than, say, a tablet.

But may I add, that there is a principal to making the Banner. Considering Tablets can only display a certain portion of the image, and 13" laptops will only display a portion of the image, and so on, so forth, the Banner needs to be made according to the smallest dimensions it will be displayed in. I have a template that sets out the measurements of each display type (i.e. Tablets, Laptops, Monitors, etc.). Since most viewers will be using a laptop or a desktop, most of the artwork should be within a designated measurement. Here is the template.

Also, refer to the Google support article for more on the dimensions, etc.

-Rez

Alright, thanks.

The rules should probably be updated with this info.

EDIT: I've read that YouTube's file size limit for banners is 2MB. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it's probably also worth mentioning.

---

Member name: Primis

Click for fullsize:
bzptubepreview.jpg

Other links: Topic link.

Edited by Primis, Dec 26 2013 - 05:36 PM.

gallery_10204_135_28634.jpg

#6 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 10:32 PM

Okay, I finally have an idea for this one. Hopefully I can finish in time, and get a chance to use my new art tablet!

~click.gif

ninjathumb_by_0nuku-d807hxd.jpgLNABanner.jpg

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#7 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2014 - 01:24 AM

Forgot about this contest. Don't think I'll make it it time.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#8 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2014 - 04:43 PM

After getting a new laptop and transferring programs and files, I completely forgot about this contest. Since I finally reinstalled Photoshop a couple of days ago, I'll try and conjure up something, but I may not have time. 

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#9 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 06:49 AM

Woo! My entry's almost done! :D

#10 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 463 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 02:19 PM

Just finished my entry. Ill post it soon :)

Member Name: Adapting Chaos

Click for fullsize: 

h3Bkztv.png?1

Other Links: Topic Link.

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Jan 28 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#11 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 03:46 PM

30th is Thursday.

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 28 2014 - 04:07 PM.
Whoops! Thanks for the catch; fixed. :) -bones

#12 Offline TBK

TBK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 876 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 04:10 PM

Completely forgot 'bout this contest. I'll have to whip something up pretty quickly!

sig6.png

#13 Offline Ldd2000

Ldd2000
  • Members
  • Toa

• 108 posts

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:31 PM

Member name: ldd2000

Click for fullsize:

BZPbanner_Small.png?psid=1

Hope you like it :)

EDIT:

I just realized I got the higher quality link wrong :( sorry about that...

This Link should let you view it, again, I'm really sorry.....

Edited by ldd2000, Jan 30 2014 - 01:35 PM.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

#14 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 12:27 PM

Here's my entry.

12208505296_36795a279b_o.png

Even though it's simple, it gets the job done. :)

#15 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 05:26 PM

Name: Reznas

Entry:

thumbnail.1.png

^Click for full size image^

Topic

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#16 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Members
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 3,655 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 03:14 AM

Member name: Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Entry Link.

Topic Link.

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#17 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lightning Voyager

• 340 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 11:57 PM

Very simple, but I thought it looked sort of nice when I tested it on the page....

Click for fullsize:
bzpoweryoutubebannerthumb.png

Other links: How it looks on the YouTube page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users