Yes, I said YouTube!
BZPower has its own YouTube Channel. But something's missing. See the rectangle with the geometric gray background here?
That's what you get to create an image for! Pretty awesome! But what to make? Well, it should be Bionicle and/or BZPower related, and we'd obviously like it to be quality. The dimensions must be 2560x1440 pixels. If you have any other questions beyond the basic standard rules for art contests, please post them here. But in general, you decide!
Entry period begins now and ends (tentative date) on January 30 at 11:59 PM EST (that's a Thursday). If we don't get a lot of entries by that time we might extend it but please if you're interested do try to make time for it sooner rather than later.
1) All entries must qualify under General Art rules (so no comics or animations).
2) Each member can only enter one image.
3) Each entry must use the entry form below.
4) The entry image you direct-link (display in-post) can only be 500 KB or less in filesize as per BZPower rules. I don't know if this will matter but just for the record. The entry image itself must be 2560x1440 pixels, and ideally a PNG or JPG, so if the filesize of that comes out to under 500 KB you can just post it directly, but otherwise please link it from text or a thumbnail.
NOTE: If you are displaying a smaller image to fit in the 500 KB limit, this MUST be a scaled-down version of the entire image, not a cropped portion of the full image.
If anyone needs help resizing images, you may ask for it here or by PMing me (you may text-link to the large images here before officially entering them in such cases; just don't use the entry form until you have an image small enough).
5) Please do not enter the image until you are satisfied it is finished. To keep this one simple, you must ask permission to edit any images, describing how you would, and I or the administration reserve the right to say no -- so please just avoid the issue by only entering when it's ready.
NOTE: If an image you entered violates the rules you may switch it for a qualifying one, but you must notify me.
6) Entries must be appropriate for young children. I or the admins reserve the right to disqualify any image we feel crosses the line, and if you are unsure if something is okay, please PM it to me instead of posting (though in this case, if you're unsure, best just to go with something else).
7) No flaming, spamming, impatience-posts, etc. However, discussion, questions, and comments about the contest are, yes, are allowed here in the entry topic.
8) This contest is open to all BZPower members.
9) I reserve the right to edit any and all posts, if I spot a problem in them I can fix with no need to consult the poster, especially format problems.
10) Additional prizes for first, second, and third place will involve mailing, so do not enter unless you are willing to divulge mailing details to BZPower staff (but do not give that out publicly).
11) If you are unsure about anything and don't wish to publicly reveal your plans, please feel free to PM me your question. (I may need to forward it to the administration depending on what it is.)
Member name: [use the name you want permanently on record] [img=UNDER500KBPICURL] Other links: [optional; link development images, and/or a topic for your entry]
Replace "UNDER500KBPICURL" with your entry image, or a scaled down version of it. This should be the ONLY directly-linked (displayed in-post) image in your entry form. All others should be linked to.
If you wish to make the main image a link to a larger version, replace the img tag line with this:
Click for fullsize: [url=LARGEPICURL][img=UNDER500KBPICURL][/url]
And replace "LARGEPICURL" with the larger version of the entry image.
Additional prizes will be:
30240 Z-95 Headhunter
40057 Fall Scene
First place will get first pick, second place then gets to pick, third gets what's left.
Edited by bonesiii, Jan 28 2014 - 04:06 PM.