• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

LEGO Scavenger Hunt at CERN

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 931 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 08:45 AM

The European Organization for Nuclear Research, better known as CERN, is holding a <a href='https://cds.cern.ch/journal/CERNBulletin/2013/52/News%20Articles/1637433?ln=en' target='offsite'>scavenger hunt</a> to celebrate the arrival of Google Street View in their facility. If you can find three of the over twenty LEGO minifigures hidden in the racks, you can enter to win a gift of your choice from their gift guide. It's definitely a novel concept, and pretty cool too. Check it out!

View the full article

#2 Offline Greninja #0579

Greninja #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks to Steins;Gate, I find this both hilarious and terrifying.

Definitely an unexpected idea for a contest.  It's really quite interesting, though.  Maybe I'll give it a shot...

El Psy Congroo

#3 Online Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,810 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 11:16 AM

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Man, I never realized just how difficult it was to navigate in street view. Why doesn't clicking the forward arrow make me go forward? D: Anyway, I think it's cool that CERN is doing something like this. I can't imagine their server room is the most visually impressive thing for them to be showing off, but it's something.

EDIT: Found three! I think they're the mechanic, the circus ringer, and the police man, but the first two are so blurry you can barely tell they're there. A little disappointing. :/ I also found a fourth with what looks like green hair and a yellow body, but I don't think there are any minifigs that match that description. But, again, way too blurry to tell.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2, Dec 23 2013 - 02:28 PM.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles                                                Era of Conflict Profiles                                    City of Legends Profiles

#4 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 12:26 PM

Definitely an unexpected idea for a contest.  It's really quite interesting, though.  Maybe I'll give it a shot...

El Psy Congroo

Same here. xP Watch all the fans of both LEGO and Steins;Gate flock to this just because if that. =P

It does sound like an interesting idea, though. Not something you might've thought of, but a genius idea.

El... Psy... Kongu.

Edited by Null., Dec 23 2013 - 12:27 PM.

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,272 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 03:52 PM

Oh, yeesh. Too hard. The marginal benefit does not equal the marginal cost. 

#6 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,535 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 06:18 PM

I don't have time to look for them, but I really like the contest. :)

Good luck to all the Bzpers!

Fear the butterfly!!

#7 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 964 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 07:11 PM

El Psy Congroo

Same here. xP Watch all the fans of both LEGO and Steins;Gate flock to this just because if that. =P

It does sound like an interesting idea, though. Not something you might've thought of, but a genius idea.

El... Psy... Kongu.

Too bad there's no green banana.

#8 Offline Greninja #0579

Greninja #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 10:35 PM

El Psy Congroo

El... Psy... Kongu.

Too bad there's no green banana.

Though it may be worth mentioning that the mini-fig they decided to use in the example photo is holding a banana...I wonder...

#9 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,376 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 01:02 PM

So far I think I've found the Ring Leader, the Gladiator (or maybe Caveman), the Zombie, the Indian, the Hula Girl, the Cave Girl, the Gorilla, the Rapper, and the Fisherman.  It's kind of fun; not too challenging, but not easy enough to pull off without any effort.

Also, LOL at Steins;Gate references!

:music:

Edited by xccj, Dec 24 2013 - 01:03 PM.

b-bolin-02.jpg

#10 Offline Greninja #0579

Greninja #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 03:00 PM

"The Zombie"?!  Do I see another subtle Steins;Gate reference?!

#11 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2013 - 03:43 PM

It's a bit of a stretch, but you might be right. xD It must be the choice of the Steins Gate. Makes me wonder if there's anything else.

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users