LEGO Scavenger Hunt at CERN

The European Organization for Nuclear Research, better known as CERN, is holding a <a href='https://cds.cern.ch/journal/CERNBulletin/2013/52/News%20Articles/1637433?ln=en' target='offsite'>scavenger hunt</a> to celebrate the arrival of Google Street View in their facility. If you can find three of the over twenty LEGO minifigures hidden in the racks, you can enter to win a gift of your choice from their gift guide. It's definitely a novel concept, and pretty cool too. Check it out!

View the full article

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Man, I never realized just how difficult it was to navigate in street view. Why doesn't clicking the forward arrow make me go forward? D: Anyway, I think it's cool that CERN is doing something like this. I can't imagine their server room is the most visually impressive thing for them to be showing off, but it's something.

EDIT: Found three! I think they're the mechanic, the circus ringer, and the police man, but the first two are so blurry you can barely tell they're there. A little disappointing. :/ I also found a fourth with what looks like green hair and a yellow body, but I don't think there are any minifigs that match that description. But, again, way too blurry to tell.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Thanks to Steins;Gate, I find this both hilarious and terrifying.

Definitely an unexpected idea for a contest. It's really quite interesting, though. Maybe I'll give it a shot...

El Psy Congroo

Same here. xP Watch all the fans of both LEGO and Steins;Gate flock to this just because if that. =P

It does sound like an interesting idea, though. Not something you might've thought of, but a genius idea.

El... Psy... Kongu.

Edited by Null.

Definitely an unexpected idea for a contest. It's really quite interesting, though. Maybe I'll give it a shot...

El Psy Congroo

Same here. xP Watch all the fans of both LEGO and Steins;Gate flock to this just because if that. =P

It does sound like an interesting idea, though. Not something you might've thought of, but a genius idea.

El... Psy... Kongu.

Too bad there's no green banana.

The Master of Tediosness

El Psy Congroo

El... Psy... Kongu.

Too bad there's no green banana.

Though it may be worth mentioning that the mini-fig they decided to use in the example photo is holding a banana...I wonder...

So far I think I've found the Ring Leader, the Gladiator (or maybe Caveman), the Zombie, the Indian, the Hula Girl, the Cave Girl, the Gorilla, the Rapper, and the Fisherman. It's kind of fun; not too challenging, but not easy enough to pull off without any effort.

Also, LOL at Steins;Gate references!

:music:

Edited by xccj