• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon MOC #595 Joltik

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mate.397

Mate.397
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-November 13
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 03:29 PM

Update: After  some suggestions from rahiden.jpg?4 and 3rdeye88.gif?8 I'll refer to this MOC as inspired by Joltik rather being an actual representation of said Pokémon

http://mate397.devia...oltik-421709147

The idea of this little fella has been lurking around in my head for a while now, and since I have enough specific pieces and put it together once I got back from the movies.

http://bulbapedia.bu...oltik_(Pokémon)

http://static2.wikia...ster_Joltik.png

Size-wise this this MOC is a bit smaller than a Visorak set, so I think I came to the 'actual' size as much as possible.
Here's the comparison and the info about this little critter, if anyone wants to know. To be fair I'm not a big Poké-fan myself but this little bug was cute enough to build it, thus achieving 2 things at once: 1. Pokémon MOC  2. Mainly Yellow color scheme.
I will try to change the black pieces to blue as well, and replace the eyes with trans-blue counterparts.

Sideview:

Backview:

Underview:

Joltik Hug:

Joltik Noms:
(the picture did get a little out of focus at the head, don't know why)

Edited by Mate.397, Dec 23 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Offline Radagast367

Radagast367
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 24-June 13
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 01:38 AM

Very nice, Though I think that It would make a better Garvantula (with a bit of adjustment.) Either that, or you could make the the legs single piece- but that's just my opinion. Pretty good MOC.

If you think that godzilla is NOT awesome, you're either crazy,

or one of the many people who got trodden on while he was saving the world.

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#3 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 16-February 09
  • 998 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 02:53 PM

For the lack of fuzziness, it's still great. Joltik and Galvantula are some of my favorites from Gen 5.

The Master of Tediosness

#4 Offline Mate.397

Mate.397
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-November 13
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2013 - 03:57 PM

For the lack of fuzziness, it's still great. Joltik and Galvantula are some of my favorites from Gen 5.

I did what I could with my supplies, just gonna add some more blue to replace black parts that should be blue.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users