Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: @ZMW: the ILS does indeed have canoes however they are not at Lake Pala. They're attached together and are currently at a shore with the boat further away from Lake Pala, if I recall the adventures correctly.IC: ItakuItaku wandered around the streets of Le-Koro, holding his sheathed sword in his hand, resting it on his shoulder. As the Toa of iron passed by, Le-Matorans were eyeing him as if he was some criminal, an obvious suggestion to put his katana away. Bad move. With a vein bulging in the side of his temple and his face assuming an intense look, he poked one of the tiny beings' neck with his weapon now unsheathed. Never having gotten the point of all these stares, Itaku always misunderstood them. He thought of them as people looking at his appearance, thinking he looked funny. That bothered him.Suddenly, a being bumped into the angry Itaku. He turned around to face who it was and it was a dark green Toa with silver armor and a scythe on his back."What, you wanna start something with me?"OOC: Eyru, that's you.

IC: Sentraken sniffed the air, "Yes... Makuta..." he did not know how he knew that name. It was as if it had always been there, waiting in his mind. All that accompanied the thought was a pair of evil red eyes and a curdling cry that made his blood run cold.Sentraken showed no sign of his emotions, however, and began marching into the jungle, signalling The Shadow to follow.

IC (Ketan) (Le-Koro)Ketan had just managed to exit the crowded centre of Le-Koro and slip down a side street when he bumped into a rather irate Toa of Iron. It hadn't been intentional. The streets weren't quite as dense as the market or other public centres, but there were still plenty of Matoran hurrying about, with the occasional Toa or Skakdi. One couldn't help but brush up against someone else every now and then.Unfortunately, this Toa seemed a little more touchy than most Le-Matoran, which wasn't hard. Usually, Ketan would flash a quick, apologetic smile and say something along the lines of "Sorry, didn't see you there." But this Toa was carrying a naked sword in one hand, and he was obviously angry."What, you wanna start something with me?"The Toa of Air let out an inaudible sigh. It was one of those bruiser characters; the kind of guy who likes winning so much he would pick a fight with just about anyone. Usually if you just showed deference they would back off."My apologies, sir. Please excuse my clumsiness."

IC: The Shadow"We should mind our steps. I suggest taking a detour, past the lake. The deeper into the jungle and closer to the village we get, the more danger we put ourselves in." The Shadow said, walking after Sentraken.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

OOC: Correct, the small ship and two canoes were left at the southern Le-Wahi shoreline, and then sealed inside a rock shell to prevent theft or destruction. Madrihk has the location marked on his map.IC (Madrihk and Mevi, at Lake Pala):"Excellent work," Madrihk said while watching his team put up the defenses. His smile turned almost upside-down when he heard that the screech they had heard was that of a Rahkshi."Rahkshi?" he hissed, with almost as vile a tone as the creatures themselves. "I met a Rahkshi once. It was a poisonous one, wounded, to my great fortune. I stabbed it and took its venom to use for my own. Took me two attempts, since only the face and spine holds any organics at all. A disgusting snake of sorts, housed in metal armor. Still, I could tell that if the thing had been a full strength, it would have been a lot harder to kill, for it seemed very deadly."He looked at Zand."I never heard one scream, but I know what you are talking about, and why you are all scared of these Rahkshi. But listen: They still walk and breathe and bleed like the rest of us. We can kill them if we have to."Madrihk paused, trying to build his own confidence as well. If Makuta sent his forces directly after them, he knew they wouldn't last long in such a thrown-together village."Rahkshi can fly, by the way" he said almost casually. "So keep an eye to the skies while we are out trying to stalk them."With that, he checked his gear one more time before signalling for the group to march.

OOC: I took the canoe part out of the post.IC: "There are worse things then Rahkshi, Madrihk," Aryll said in a rather eerie tone. "And besides, they'll probably attack Le-Koro itself first. As I assume Makuta would want to terrorize as many as possible, thus, he'll aim for a larger population center."Aryll took note that Madrihk was a native of the island, a native trapped in blissful ignorance. He could use it to his advantage, later on."Pala-Koro is likely a secondary target, a minor threat as of now. If we fortifiy the village more, we'll be able to repel the mongrels with ease."

Edited by Zombified Vampire Werewolf
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: "They won't be in the air for long, my Matoran friend," Aryll assured Trakuda. "If we're attacked, we can blast them out of the sky with elemental attacks. It's only a matter of seeing and killing them before they get near us."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: As The Shadow wasn't a newcomer (in fact, he had been in Metru-Nui), I assume he will have some, limited knowledge of his home.IC: The Shadow"It has been many years since I have visited our homeland." The Shadow said. "It is very different from here; Full of technology. Xia, I believe it was called."

Edited by Vorex: Paradox Eater

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: This sparked a memory. A world of pollution. Suppression. Brutality. The Mountain. Political supremacy. The memories washed over Sentraken, his plan, his warriors, everything.He jolted with excitement, but then composed himself. He could use Ignotus and The Shadow's lack of knowledge to his advantage, "Interesting..." he muttered, stroking his chin in thought.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

IC: Aryll had plenty of experiences with Rahkshi before. They had been brutal, terrible opponents, but they could be killed, with effort. But he imagined that these natives viewed them as demonic. "By blasting them out of the sky, we can prevent them from entering the village and attack them from a covered position. Keeping them out is should be one of our main goals."

IC: Aryll, in his own mind, had a right to be cocky. However, he had to build his reputation in the ILS, and that ment acting kinder. "Then I am sorry for our misunderstanding."

IC: Itaku"That wasn't clumsy, it was on purpose. Got some nerve bumping into people just 'cause you think they look funny." said Itaku, now overly self-conscious about his appearance and without his knowing, taking it as an excuse to start a fight.The Toa of Iron got right up into Ketan's face and jabbed a finger at him with his free hand with every word he spoke."You're. Going. Down."

IC: Suminaxe, Le-WahiSuminaxe trekked through the Jungle, by Suminaxe's calculations and a map secured from a currently unconscious Matoran he guessed that he was on the other side of lake Kanae. The pathetic minions that had gone with him had been picked off by various carnivorous Rahi and the like. Soon he would reach the outskirts of the village. Then, he would wait for the screams to start...

OOC: ZVW, just want to remind you that while yes, Rahkshi have been used as cannon fodder by some players, these are staff controlled. From our character's point of view, Rahkshi could and should be Makuta's elite, some of the hardest enemies to face. They have powers potentially more deadly than Toa, since for players things like the Mask of corruption is banned for being "too powerful", while I (out-of-character) know for certain there is at least a Rahkshi of Molecular Disruption amongst the ones Nuju Metru introduced. It can vaporize armor in a second if it wants to, and it's not like one can block an attack that simply disintegrates your blocking object. Then there's all the other crazy Rahkshi powers that may pop up. Mind-affecting powers would be devastating if not given a plausible (emphasis!) in-character reason for resisting them.I know this is your character Aryll speaking with his over-confidence, I'm just mentioning it in case we do get into a Rahkshi fight. I'm sure the RPG staff may decide to... humble him, if they feel necessary, like what happened with Jianheim. A few paragraphs of text from the staff and boom, the castle and the surrounding area was just debris. I do not want our group to be struck down by heavenly lighting again because we happened to be near the offending player's location.IC (Madrihk):"I know perfectly well what Rahkshi can do, and some of what they are said to be able to do. That's why we are putting up defenses, and that is why we are going to find out what they are doing. The reason I told the builders to stay behind is because their elements are not as well suited to ground a Rahkshi. Ice, fire, projectiles... these can all knock a Rahkshi out of the sky. But stone has to be thrown, and it is harder to aim for a moving target than it is to chill the air around or in front of one."He nodded to Kethrye."Fighting there may be, but it shall be on my command."He then looked to each person in turn."While I agree that we should take them out if possible, there is no gain in making them angry and then finding out we can't beat them. If they are indeed under Makuta's direct command, then they also know of our little project at the lake. That they haven't struck there yet means that we should not give them a reason to. For if I was the Makuta and wanted a reign of terror, I would not let warriors fight warriors. I would send my warriors to fight innocents, and in that way make the warriors feel helpless and demoralized. Sadness and anger makes people fight worse, after all.""If any of you rush into a group of Rahkshi and appear to fail, the rest of us shall quietly retreat while they are distracted by killing you. We are scouts; defenders of our village and our island; not a suicide squad. Killing a Rahkshi or two does nothing to the big picture. The Makuta has more. He's always had more. Both they and the Rahi seem to crawl out of the woodwork, particularly around the Kini-Nui."The group was moving carefully through the dense jungle. Apart from the natural sounds of insects and other life in the woods, things were silent. No Rahkshi could be seen or heard."Careful now. We don't know where it or they are. If we meet them, I want us to see them first."OOC: Regarding the post after this one: Please note everything around that line. Madrihk explained perfectly well, I think, why Leeroy Jenkins behavior is stupid and should not cost everyone else (who have an island to protect) their lives.

Edited by Katuko

IC(Ledzel)

"If any of you rush into a group of Rahkshi and appear to fail, the rest of us shall quietly retreat while they are distracted by killing you."Now that line made Ledzel a bit worried and angry. Was this how their leader acted on the inside? Willingly let his helpers die instead of trying to help them himself? Atleast the Po-Toa knew Alfon was there if he needed help. The two were like brothers now."You ready to crush some Rahkshi, Alfon?" asks the Toa, trying to feel better not only for his sake but for everyone else.-Mef Man

IC: Alfon"Crush? That's my brother's job. I fry things, like that rahi last time." he said, attempting to regain his humor but in vain. The Rahkshi threat had thrown him off his balance and from the stories he heard, the Toa of electricity wasn't exactly dying to go toe to toe with such a monster.

IC: AlfonNot so much oblivious to other people's emotions now, Alfon took note of Mahlnai's facial expression, indicating she was as scared as he was, probably more. He put on a brave face for her and attempted to comfort her."Don't worry, we'll be fine..." he said, trying to convince himself as well.

IC: LevolansLans had been casually reclining in his hut when he heard a loud knock on the door, who is it this time. Walking over he opened it and came face to face with another Le-Matoran. The Matoran saluted Lans, who saluted back lazily. "Yes,""Sir," the Matoran spoke, "I have come to inform you of your reassignment, effective immediately.""Reassignment! What the Karz, please tell me this is some sort of promotion.""Negative sir, you are being reassigned to the irregulars.""The irregulars, but I'm the force's top ace. I'm the best pilot this force has seen since Kongu and Lewa, and you're dumping me with the irregulars.""You're also this force's most insubordinate member, if you ask me this should have happened years ago." The Matoran sneered. "Report to Lieutenant Mukaka for details." With that the Matoran turned and left, leaving an angry Lans all by himmself."Bloody Pirakas," he muttered to himself, "I'm gonna go have a word with Mukaka. Then Lans stormed off as well, riding his Kahu to the Gukko Force's Assignment Headquarters.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: No, I'm not ICing for an NPC. This is a certain shapeshifted being.@Katuko: So wait. Because a char's overconfident you feel the staff will smite?o_OIC: A kewa watched from its perch on a branch high above the movement in the underbrush. It had heard the screech-felt the stilling of other life around it-and immediately fell silent.The bird clicked its beak anxiously as it peered down. Yet no sound was produced by the movement.At least...No sound that could be heard by any typical sapient race's member save De-Toa.Echolocate source of screech. Extraordinarily mutated rahi or rahkshi...Numbers and direction?OOC: I'm going to extrapolate on that last bit. Basically, Paka is trying to detect how many foes there are and where they are headed towards with echolocation. The reason I'm not saying he has thus far is because I'm unsure of rahkshi's hearing range. Should he not be found out he'll fly away and begin preparing an ambush before what he believes they are to target (judging by path they're travelling in, of course).

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: Hop, timeskip, and a jump, and Iraanus arrives from Ta-Wahi.IC: IraanusAs Iraanus made his way through the jungle, he presently began to notice faint, high-pitched, unearthly shrieks. The noise became louder as he continued on his way. Iraanus narrowed his eyes. That didn't sound like the cry of any Rahi the trader had warned him about. Cautiously, he began to head toward the noises.OOC: I really hope Nuju waits 'til tomorrow for the battle, 'cause that's my last post for the day.

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

The Lieutenant sighed.Another day, another hour, another widget.How did he get stuck with this job anyway?Lieutenant Mukaka flipped over another request for unit transfer. Another Regular sent to keep the Irregulars in line wanted out.He grabbed the well worn carving tool.:m_d: :e: :n: :i: :e::m_d:Moving it from the To Do to Outbox he continued pouring over the numerable other requests for reassignment.The Irregulars weren't bad Matoran. They just weren't Le-Koroan. Most of those in the force believed them to be inferior pilots. "Expendable Flakmeat" a few officers had said.Truth be told it appeared only the Regulars assigned to an Irregular Squad were the "Expendable Flakmeat".For example, the 4th Squad had just lost their third commander when he pulled some kind of stupid stunt in an attempt to get recognized by another Air Commander and transferred. He pasted himself against a Rama Hive.They'd already gotten their fourth. The 4th Squad themselves were a good bunch. Despite being the expendable force they'd persevered and survived.Other squads were reporting the same thing. Despite being made up of non-Le-Matoran. They'd outlived their Regular's counterparts by smartening up with every Regular that pasted themselves trying to shine and get reassigned back to the Regular Gukko Force.Day in and day out, Mukaka dealt with irate members who'd just gotten assigned trying to get out. He glanced up seeing the shadow in the door."If you're looking to transfer out you'll need to put it in writing and drop it in my Inbox." He said without even taking a good look at who was intruding.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama