Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Bartan)"Alright," the Skakdi growled. "What're we doin' standin' around here for?"He gestured up at the sky: it was the dead of night, and black as pitch; the constellations and the moon were clouded over."It's the perfect time ter attack; it's black as mud ; ye can't even see a hand in front of yer face. Are we gun' wait till broad daylight ter move out?"The Skakdi cleared his throat. "That dark Toa seemed a bit put out that all ye've managed ter do is sit around on yer lazy behinds and talk war. Do ya really want to face 'im again with nothin'? Let's go."

IC:SulkuaSulkua spotted the Toa of Gravity approaching him."Good Evening, fellow Toa. How has your day been?" Sulkua asked. The Toa looked burly, but Sulkua felt he could trust him.IC: KironKiron checked his torn left forearm armour. He made sure it stayed torn, seeing as it was a quasi-souvenir from his first fight with infected Rahi. He went over to his backpack. Taking out the two disks, he inspected them and put them back. He got out and went around the streets looking for somebody who sold disk-launchers.OOC: Filler posts are cool stuff.

Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

IC: Optimus waited, glad to have some peace. His elemental power, like that of the others, had been recharging in the last 10 peaceful minutes and was still doing so. He took a seat and watched the Koro from his spot, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, interesting, chaotic, or simply odd.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Echelon/Zadron)"I quite agree," rang out a voice from behind Bartan. As the followers of Makuta turned to look, four beings emerged from the shadows of the jungle trees and entered the small clearing where they were gathered. The first was unmistakably Echelon; the second would be familiar to most of those present - an assassin as skilled as Zadron quickly built up a reputation; the third and fourth were practically identical - gigantic, heavily-armoured Skakdi, armed with hefty battleaxes and sending a chill up the spines of the less bold beings present."I really did expect at least the infiltration team to have left by now...," the Dark Toa continued, "but no matter. I am glad I arrived in time to see our entire company assembled..."He strode along in front of them, staff in hand."And what a company it is," he said approvingly. "Beings dark and sundry, gathered to bring Makuta's wrath upon this 'Island Liberation Squad'. We have powerful Toa. Skakdi warriors. Parakuka. Even the dead rise to swell our ranks! Who can hope stand against us, against the might of the forces of darkness?"He nodded, a dark and malevolent smile on his face."For we are Makuta's chosen. Makuta has bestowed this great honour upon us, to strike down these impudent whelps who dare to defy Makuta's rule. They think they are giving hope to the Matoran. But in their destruction, they shall become the source of nothing but despair."Echelon's crimson eyes glinted in the darkness."For tonight, Pala-Koro burns."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: NovaMiddayRestaurant, Pala-KoroUnlike Esao, Nova had taken notice of the sign outside the establishment: Sanctum Guard Only. He had paused near the doorway, but, drawn on by one of Esao's rare bouts of something between happiness and satisfaction, had been unwilling to say anything. Now, standing by Esao at the counter, was a bad time to mention he and Esao were not, in fact, Sanctum Guards."Uh, Esao?" he said, his mind feverishly working to mitigate their offense. "I, uh... I think we're in the wrong place. This place is for Sanctum Guards only, and, uh... yeah..."

IC: Cy
IC: Madrihk"Sounds good," Madrihk said. "We'll talk more about it tomorrow, though. For now, let's just get those lights up and then get some rest. Make sure to have guards out. This place doesn't feel as safe as it did during the hive attack anymore, for some reason."The Toa of Ice gazed silently over the village. A lot of the workers were quieting down already, and sun had long since vanished under the horizon. "I blame the recent, consecutive attacks. We'll have to increase security for certain. Once these new badges are handed out to our members, everyone else will have to be checked both once and twice before they are allowed in. It might slow traffic to our village, but if we are to hang on we'll need it. We've got at least three imposters so far. That shape-shifting Toa of Fire, your shape-shifting assassin, and that Toa of Stone who was absolutely not Sanctum Guard by any definition. I should not have entertained him as long as I did. When he attacked me, I realized I should have had some of the warriors here scrutinize him properly before he even got inside."

IC: XerovI nod politely as Echelon finishes his speech, taking a moment to examine his companions -- two hulking Skakdi and a Vortixx. "Hello again, Echelon. I see you made some new friends while you were gone."Very few of those gathered here would dare to speak to Echelon like that, but if I don't die tonight I'm gonna get finished off soon enough anyway.Besides, it's hardly the first time, and he didn't kill me the last time around. I'm one of Makuta's few Matoran servants, and we can be useful in our own ways. It'd be a waste to kill me.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Onyx (Pala-Koro Gates):Night had settled and the stars shone bright above the village, now partially illuminated by some lightstones Madrihk had ordered to be installed earlier. On the outer side of Pala-Koro's walls, their glow was concealed, if not mostly. The consistency of every single recent assault on the ILF, specifically Heuani's appearance, had contributed to its members' paranoia and fear of another oncoming attack. Tightening their security measures was a priority that couldn't be put off any longer.While Volin had settled in back home for the night, Alfon and Onyx felt the need to speak with Madrihk. Onyx, supposedly Pala-Koro's one and only gatekeeper, felt as if he should clear things up on security matters. His younger brother was just along for the ride."Hey," Onyx said, spotting the Ko-Toa. "I figured I'd watch the gates tonight so is there anything specific you'd like to tell me?""Don't open them for strangers? Don't fall asleep? Don't read a book while on duty? Duh.""Shut up."

Edited by Mr. Wade

IC: Onyx (Pala-Koro Gates):
IC: Madrihk"Yeah... don't let anyone in before they've been checked. Keep at least two people with you for doing that. We can't risk another insane being launching an attack on us from inside the village. If you see someone - anyone - notify the other guards. Make sure word gets around."

IC: Onyx (Pala-Koro)"Alright, thanks." Onyx replied, walking away in thought as to who he'd like to accompany him on night watch at the gates. It could be anyone really though he preferred to stick with those he trusted in situations like this. Or someone who wouldn't grind his nerves by the end of his shift like Alfon surely would. Speaking of which, where'd the clown go? No matter, probably off being a poltergeist in the night. Not his problem. Suddenly, a small red figure came into view and taking into account her past experiences with the Ta-Koro Guard, she'd be an ideal choice."Hello Mevi." Onyx approached. "I'll be watching the gates tonight and I was wondering whether you'd like to accompany me and maybe someone else."

IC: Crystalia (Le-Koro)She stood alone in the room, watching out of the window as Raxa fired a bolt into the skull of an toa of fire. She’d watched the bolt penetrate the back of his head as he fell over the side of the rail; Raxa vanishing for a few moments before he reappeared with the mask. He killed efficiently and silently, Crystalia approved; though personally she would of preferred sneaking behind him and slitting his throat.“I saw, very clean.” She said looking at the mask, after he’d entered the room. “I guess our business is done here?” she said.

OOC: We're not at the wall yet ;)IC: Onyx (Pala-Koro)Before Mevi had a chance to reply, two unfamiliar Toa approached Onyx, asking if they could help patrol Pala-Koro or the gate's perimeter. He didn't see any harm in it but they wouldn't accompany him at the gates. It wasn't that he didn't like them, just that they were complete strangers. Frankly, he never knew they existed until now and whether they could be trusted remained yet to be seen."Absolutely. Why don't you," He pointed to Sonius. "patrol the eastern side of the wall and you," This time to Lelda. "go to the western side? If not, feel free to patrol the village itself, even guard the lake maybe. Can't be too careful."

Edited by Mr. Wade

Ic: Hiemalis wandered into the jungle of Le-Wahi, incessantly progressing. The sounds of life, so vivacious and persistent, quieted as he trekked through in a speedy pace, and a wake of condensation followed him like a stormcloud pursuing a cursed ship at sea, results of the chill he emanated. He dd not stop for rest; he was completely recharged and full of energy and merely followed the pull he felt that came from a far side of the jungle. Night had fallen, but he continued on, unhindered by the shadows. What was the worst that could happen in the night, Heuani reappearing? He had evaded the toa of shadow once; the darkness did not scare him.****The workers in Pala-Koro were camping for the night, entering their tents in one of the open spaces in the village. The Skakdi laid themselves down on the grass while the Vortixx were in solitude in their tall tents with cots while the matoran merely had small leaf tents with bedding of straw. It was peaceful for the workers who's only purpose was to work and do their job. So far, they had done it well and work was nearing completion. The foreman claimed there was only a full day of work left before they could break camp, collect their payment and have a better life than what they suffered in Xa-Koro.Little did they know there would be no better life for most of them and their work, which they so diligently erected, would fall that night. All were clueless... except one. He was an older man, older than the rest, who despite his age still seemed active enough to labor. He had oftentimes lay awake in his tent for hours and read a scroll with a candle for luminescence. Usually he was antisocial and determined but now he was sanguine and walking about. He was not bed down that night and instead carried the scroll with him as he wandered about Pala-Koro. At the very least, his walking about would attract the attention of Mahdrik and the rest; he was uncharacteristic of himself. But nobody would have suspected that the old man was the key to the entire battle that was to come.

"Uh, Esao?" he said, his mind feverishly working to mitigate their offense. "I, uh... I think we're in the wrong place. This place is for Sanctum Guards only, and, uh... yeah..."
IC:"Well, the "Sanctum Guards only" part seems to have been thrown by the wayside after Reordin made this place into what you see where," Kethrye said remarked, entering the bar and walking to greet the only people he didn't at least vaguely recognize. Great, more new guys."Oh. I'm one of the deputy leaders around here. Kethrye. Welcome, It's my job to stand around explaining everything and making sure we're aren't recruiting people with the bare minimum of morality yada yada yada" he said, nodding at the two Toa of Fire. "And you guys are. .?"- - - -Voriki stood in front of his masterly designed, handcrafted dwelling, if by masterly designed you meant "made of mud", which the madman did.Nice to be able to hear ones own thoughts again, he thought, listening to the slowly softening sounds of the principle center of the village. He turned and stepped through his door to sink down into the reed cot that lay upon the floor. But that can't last, can it now? Something is going to crop up, it always does.Good thing, too. Life without anyone to kill and/or make jobs about just wouldn't be living, now would it? he thought before drifting into the oblivious jaws of sleep.

IC- VerakVerak and Ankt breached the treelike at the edge of Lake Pala. Without a word between them, the two toa trekked a while through the thick greenery and foliage. Soon, Verak stopped. They had moved a respectable distance away from Pala-Koro, although they were still within earshot if that fight ever grew into something interesting. Besides, with the current dense darkness covering everything, neither he nor Ankt could walk much farther through the uneven, obstacle filled forest.Verak sat down and leaned against a large, soft bed of moss. Although dirty, humid, and full of biting bugs, Le-Wahi was one of the nicer places to sleep on the island. Verak couldn't think of another Koro with natural beds of foliage that were just as (if not more) comfortable as a real one. He began to take off his outer armor, setting it down in a pile beside him. As he did so, he reflected happily on his little adventure. He had enjoyed it. And more than that, it was useful- Verak now knew about Pala Koro, the ILS, the leader, and had increased his reputation. Okay, that last thing wasn't the best for a law breaking rogue, but still… it had been fun."Shame ye didn't get a good fight out that, Ankt." Verak commented, undoing the armor straps around his forearm. "It would've been a lot've fun, too."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Slate"Nothing much. I'm just....here. Something about this night.....its going to be one night I won't forget."
IC:Sulkua"I understand what you mean. Something's...not quite right," Sulkua said. He turned towards Madrihk's voice. He heard the "speech" and realised he and Kiron may have to push their plans for recruitment to the present.IC:KironKiron did not find the black market stall he was searching for and heard the announcement just as he turned back to the "Flame of Dawn" Inn. He headed to the village square just as some Matoran started hammering up notices.OOC: My replies may be slow as I am busy this week, so be patient. :) Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

IC (Lema): Toa Lema slunk around the base of Le-koro - it was as close to the village as he ever got. Despite his past disagreements with Turaga Matau and no longer living in the tree-top village, he still retained immense loyalty to the village of air. He was here only to clean out this area of the Fau Swamp of rahi that might pose a danger to the Matoran up above. He had already chased out a nest of bog snakes when he began to feel oddly tired. He looked around for more rahi, promising himself to get more sleep that night. After a few more seconds, however, he began to feel dizzy. Clutching his head, the toa of air fell backwards into the swamp. He was unconscious before he hit the water.OOC: Lema attacked by a kraata of sleep and infected. IC (Mataka): In another part of the jungle, Mataka growled and punched a tree in frustration. With a loud crack! its trunk snapped, and the forest giant fell to the ground. The maddened Skakdi stepped back in surprise, rubbing his fist. Even after being bonded to his parakuka for a few weeks, the massive strength it afforded still surprised him on occasion.As he stood there, dumbstruck, the parasite whispered into his mind again. Looking in the direction it indicated, he saw that there had been a bird's nest high up in the tree's branches. It was filled with eggs. Food! he thought, and bounded over to it, before he greedily snatched up the eggs and began cramming them into his mouth. Good the parakuka told him, telepathically sending him its satisfaction at having found a meal. What it concealed from his was its irritation that Mataka was so thick. The Skakdi had become so dependant on the slug that he couldn't even feed himself without being shown what to do. He was a good source of energy to the parakuka, and he didn't put up much of a fight for control, but it did sometimes wish that its host wasn't such an oaf. Seeing that the Skakdi had finished consuming the eggs and now had several sections of the nest caught in his gigantic teeth, the parakuka directed its host to run eastwards. Makuta's spawn had a task for the Skakdi to perform, something so mind-numbingly uncomplicated that even Mataka's brain would understand.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: There was not much to do. Optimus paced through the Koro. He took note of the thick darkness around them. All was black, save for the torches and lightstones that shone through. They were more like candles in a dark house than anything. Near them, you could see. Step away, and the darkness returned. Obviously, there were no walls enclosing the open skies and such. And yet it felt that way, in the thick night. Flames flickered in the chilling wind. "Something on your mind, Optimus?""This is a very dark night.""I suppose so. Unfortunately, the dark night rises. It'll be long before morning." Ratchet took note of the growing darkness. Clouds blotted out stars, though they did not seem about to rain.Dervian peered over the walls of Pala-Koro, levitating. Between the thick foliage and all-encompassing darkness, the village was a beacon of light. Beyond that, however, they could see nothing. He was used to not speaking much, though he always had an active mind. So many random, abstract thoughts he could not describe. This time, it much resembled being creeped out.Dino practiced a few moves. "Haha!" He flipped and slashed at a branch. "You like-a da zap, no?" He shot up to the sky, but the clouds took it all, flashed, and stopped. "Heavy clouds..." He stared up. The stars were blanked out.Barricade snored on. He fidgeted, tossed, and turned, seeming to be having a nightmare.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: NovaMiddayRestaurant, Pala-KoroKethrye nodded to Nova and Esao. "And you guys are...?""Not Sanctum Guards," Nova replied automatically; paused; glanced to Esao, who raised an eyebrow; flushed beneath his mask; and, finally, mustered the breath to say, "Er, I mean, I'm, uh, new here. That's not my name -- heh, 'new here' would be a funny name--" Here he coughed. "Er, anyway... I'm Nova."

IC-Raxa:"For the sake of my own safety," Raxa said after a moment, "I haven't been quite entirely honest with you. Now, though, I recognize that I'm running out of any allies I have, so let me ask one quick question-can I trust you to, no matter what the circumstance, keep any memory of this conversation only to yourself?" He sighed slightly, though he adopted a sheepish smile as well."I've got enemies everywhere, and I can't quite let slip any of the information I'm about to tell you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC-Raxa:"The base of the matter is that I'm not looking to work for that punch-drunk Toa of Crystal and his 'blood clan' or whatever he calls it," Raxa said quietly. "I'm here to destroy it, and take the pieces that are left for my own use. I have my reasons, however." Here he smiled slightly, though it was more predatory than Crystalia may be used to from him."Have you ever heard of one small organization, called NEX?" he asked.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: NovaMiddayRestaurant, Pala-Koro
OOC: Midday? Heh, BZPRPG Time at its' finest.IC:"How many of the Sanctum Guard are there left now, in any case," Kethrye replied with a brief chuckle that didn't reach his eyes. How many are there left. . ."Ah, so, you two here to join up? Or just passing through?" he said, reached for a change in subject. "We can always some extra hands on board; Well, reasonably hands, in any event. he continued, a genuine, if sardonic, grin springing to his face. "We've had enough lunatics to last a lifetime, thank you kindly." Edited by BenLuke-116

OOC: Through the smooth iron wall that is the gate, I presume? It's nighttime, the gate is closed, the guards must let you in.IC: Mevi [Pala-Koro]"Is that you, Ril?" came a voice from atop the wall, where the workers had mercifully placed some basic ledges to stand on, at least near the gate. Mevi peered down at the approaching being, but even with her Akaku's zoom it was hard to make out the person properly in the starless night, and so she had to rely on listening to his voice. When Ril got a bit closer, though, it became a lot easier to see him."Right. We'll get the gate open. Got anyone with you there?"

Edited by Katuko

IC:Ankt

"Yeah. But getting you out of there alive was slightly more important." Ankt said, attempting to ignore the fact he hadn't gotten to fight anyone at all. He kept all his armor on, just in case there was a fight to be had. He was really looking foward to fighting someone. He haddn't had a good fight since... Yesterday? This morning? Either way, it was way too long of a wait.Ankt's hand twitched due to lack of it's not being used to attack something. Especially when he had been so close to battling two different people, and then promptly stopped. Man did he hate Pala Koro now. "Let's never go back there again."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC- Verak"Let's never go back there again." Ankt growled.Verak shrugged, still not taking his eyes off the outer armor he was removing. "I liked it, personally. There were far too many powerful bein's in one place for it ta be safe. Very... volatile, y'know? Likely to explode," Verak clarified, defining the use of his big word to his less intelligent ally. "Not explode literally, of course," he went on, realizing his poor choice of words, "But explode in violence. It's a hotspot for excitement."Verak pulled off the four plates on his two legs and placed them in his pile of rusty, pitted armor. It had almost immediately become dirty again after leaving Pala-Koro. It was hard to believe it had been washed so recently. But he arranged it neatly and fixed his eyes on Ankt's twitching hands. Twitching. In a nasty grasping way, like the two black claws wanted so much to snap someone's neck...Ankt was a little bit scary sometimes. Ankt's body needed to fight. It needed to feel that rush of adrenaline, the sense of danger and possible end. Ankt seemed to define his life that way. This deep rooted phycological urge to fight would certainly become a problem soon, Verak decided. Anyone that eager to hurt, fight, enjoy combat, was dangerous. Ankt was like a rabid, wild, powerful animal. Verak was so glad he was on the toa of oil's side.

Edited by Visaru

IC:Ankt

"Execpt for the fact that you aren't allowed to fight there." Ankt replied. He shook his head. "It's unnatural. Nature dictates* that the strong survive while the weak fall. How is that too happen if no fighting is allowed?" The brutish Toa shrugged, and began to lumber past Verak and into the woods. "I'm gonna go find an ashbear and see if it'll lead me to some honey or something. Be back in a bit."*Of course Ankt was guessing that 'dictates' was the correct word to use. He didn't actually know what it meant exactly, just that it made him sound slightly smarter.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC- Verak"Good luck with that, brother." Verak said, only a hint of sarcasm in his tone. He remained sitting, staring thoughtfully into the area Ankt had just vacated, wondering where he was to go to next.Once the toa of oil's footsteps receded into the darkness, Verak lay down upon his mossy bed and closed his eyes, attempting to fall asleep. He didn't do so well. Verak wasn't much tired, and the noises of the wildlife weren't helping much. He missed the sound of hissing, whistling sand that used to sooth him to bed...No. Verak veered away from that line of though. It led to Bad Things. Bad Memories, that he didn't want to revisit. That he had locked safely away. So he shut his eyes tighter and tried to sleep, pleasantly occupying himself with memories of Valria (Was that her name? He had forgotten so quickly. Started with a V...) and the large bag of her widgets that he now owned.

IC: Cy
IC: Madrihk"Sounds good," Madrihk said. "We'll talk more about it tomorrow, though. For now, let's just get those lights up and then get some rest. Make sure to have guards out. This place doesn't feel as safe as it did during the hive attack anymore, for some reason."The Toa of Ice gazed silently over the village. A lot of the workers were quieting down already, and sun had long since vanished under the horizon. "I blame the recent, consecutive attacks. We'll have to increase security for certain. Once these new badges are handed out to our members, everyone else will have to be checked both once and twice before they are allowed in. It might slow traffic to our village, but if we are to hang on we'll need it. We've got at least three imposters so far. That shape-shifting Toa of Fire, your shape-shifting assassin, and that Toa of Stone who was absolutely not Sanctum Guard by any definition. I should not have entertained him as long as I did. When he attacked me, I realized I should have had some of the warriors here scrutinize him properly before he even got inside."
OOC:Visaru, BioBeast, I might have a place for Verak and Ankt. Check out the Black Inferno in Xa-Koro. Recruitment posters can be found in the six elemental Koros and Xa-Koro, and they are recruiting on the south beach. Perfect for fighters and mercinaries.Benluke, you should have Kethrye tell Cy and Vorok about the deal with Ziraul, and Madrihk, as no one but you knows. (Also, perhaps prepare to take out Echelon in this fight, since you could turn his corpses into our weapons. Cy and Vorok could help you with that if we don't run into Rahkshi, which he would consider first priority. I doubt Echelon can resist a vaccum and increased weight.)Katuko, where are we getting lightstones? We can't just pull them out of thin air, and really need to purchase a shipment from Onu-Koro to get some.IC: Cy answered "Fine by me-My freinds and I will alternate on night guard since we can fly, and you wanted guards who could fight by sky-jumping. However, two questions-how does one officially join the ILS? My friends and I have been meaning to do it for a while now, but something else always seems to pop up. Secondly, where is that lightstone supply, so we can help?"