Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: timeskip!

IC

[Camp at Lake Pala; early morning]

In the midst of my dreams there was sounds of the morning gukko. Dreams of my past, dreams of my currents companions, and dreams of the one Toa I was to fight... he was the real quest, the charms, the stones, mere preparation-

The loud call went off again, except this time right next to my audio receptors. I awoke with a gasp and a start.

Instantly most of what I had dreamed retreated to the subconscious, where such things normally resided, leaving me with only tantalizing fragments of what went on in my head as I slumbered. Moving stiffly I rubbed the bridge of my mask, willing the sleepiness from my eyes, trying to make sense of nightly visitors. When that project proved fruitless I sighed, opening my eyes fully to take in the new day.

I was still laying in the nook of a tree, the world quiet and green, the only interruptions the morning chirping of the birds. The scene was breathtakingly beautiful as a fog covered the lake, occasional streaks of light cutting through, a steamy cauldron produced by the warm water and the chilled air. Clearly despite the abundance of light the sun hadn't risen yet, otherwise it would have chased the lake fog away. Glancing down I looked at my hand, the one that had intertwined itself with Cael's, and clenched it. Apparently at some time after I fell asleep she had left... a small, quiet, non-admitting part of me wished that she had stayed.

Still, I was eternally grateful that she had found me anyway. Even if now my feelings got more complicated.

With a groan of protest I slid off the branch, heavily falling to the ground below. It had been only two days since my adventure in Ko-Wahi, meaning I was still not recovered from the excursion; it felt like an eternity ago, that's for sure. Rubbing my arms I jogged back to camp, noting that I was the first one up... or at least in camp. Agni or one of the others light be up and just not here, but I surely doubted it. I was always an early riser, religiously getting up and performing my daily rituals. Except this time I didn't feel like doing them. I really didn't feel like anything at the moment.

My lack of motivation was... unsettling. At least I could go for a swim to wake up my body.

A few moments later I broke the surface of the lake, my head surrounded by a thin, wispy cloud that hugged the lake. I didn't notice it in the tree, but now that I was in the water I noted just how cold the morning air was, and how warm the water was. Taking both on my hands I started at the bottom of my mask and moved upwards, finally coming back together at the back of my head, removing much of the water and stimulating the facial nerves. Back to my apathy. Not really apathy... but lack of confidence.

The new morning had brought a fresh outlook on the day, but the gnawing void was still there. I wasn't nearly as devastated as I was yesterday, but I was still as crushed by my new condition as I was the previous day. Somehow, somewhere, I had to fill that gap, plug that void where my ego had once been, but with what I didn't know. Even more disconcerting, I was at a vulnerable stage. Emotional, tired, still injured, I could very easily become swayed in a wrong direction and fill it with something worse.

But that's why I had friends.

As I pulled myself to shore, water rolling around my muscles and dripping off my skin, I realized that despite my loss I had gained something possibly even more valuable: true friends. Yes, I might be vulnerable right now, but they would see to it that I wouldn't become worse for this experience, only better. They would make sure I would find something worth while to cling to, even if it took me years to do so. It wouldn't be pleasant meantime, but then again, when tearing down and building up, when isn't it? It was a terrible, awful process, one that hurt to the core, but this time I had someone other than myself to turn to if I needed it. I didn't have to rely on myself anymore, as strange as that sounded. I thought about last night, and about Cael, how our fingers intertwined and she didn't protest...

Yes, complicated.

The sun rose rapidly, the green brilliance of Le-Wahi coming to full color as the morning progressed. Breakfast was brought to you via Guard rations, an amazing combination of tastelessness and hardness, yet nutritious enough for warriors on the move. In other words disgusting as usual. Thankfully the local flora was ripe with an abundance of fruit that helped make the tack go down, lest one of us choke on it as it went down. After filling our waterskins out of a nearby stream that fed into the lake we broke camp, continuing along the path that would lead us to Le-Koro. To our continuous right was the Mangai Volcano, our westward travels always under the massive volcano's shadow. It wasn't long before we were forced to stay on the path as the Fau Swamp grew around us, the area becoming wetter and ground spongier as we went. By the time we reached the north edge of Lake Kanae the swamp was in full force, making travel exceedingly difficult, make more treacherous by the overabundance of quicksand and otherwise object-sucking muck and swarms of annoying insects. I wasn't sure of our collective heat was a deterrent or an attraction.

Still, the beauty couldn't be dismissed. The green was eye-popping, and the flowers that grew, especially on the lillypads that we often found ourselves traveling on, were astounding. Despite the bugs I was admiring the sights, remembering that this was one of the few areas of the island I didn't travel often to. After traveling the length of the lake we came to a massive tree sitting entirely in the water, a trail of lillypads leading to the base, both sides lined with white flowers and lightstones. "We made it." I breathed quietly as we traversed the plant bridge, clamoring on the wooden lift that would hoist us to the Koro above.

When the gate opened I gasped and squinted momentarily, covering my eyes from the sudden deluge of light. Most of the trip had been done under the cover of the massive jungle, so direct sunlight was a bit much. But it wasn't the sunlight that made me gasp. It was the damage.

Clearly a massive battle had taken place here, and while it looked like the village had won and survived, the burnt roofs and cut vines were proof enough that it had been close. Already the villagers were hard at work repairing the damage, in a few days any trace would be removed, but at this moment it was a fresh reminder of the strife that covered the island. Who attacked and why I didn't know, and in some ways I didn't want to know. We were here on a mission, one that was pressed for time. I turned to my companions, handing Agni and Tuara each a charm.

"Alright everyone, I suggest we split up and spread out so that we can cover more ground. Ask the locals if they've seen anything like these before, and if so, where. It's almost midday, so let's meet at the village square at noon to compare notes. Sound good?"

OOC: first all, Joske and company in Le-Koro... Hi Everyone! :P Second, my group: there are only two here, one in Kongu's hut, the second at the disk range. I'm claiming the disk range, so I don't know who wants to get Kongu's, you guys can fight over it. Be creative ;)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth had refused to sleep, worrying he might miss the elusive Aparangi when he got out. Still, sleep claimed him, lulled by the sound of the music while sitting with his back to a thick branch. He sat in the same spot still, breathing softly, hunched over in a position that would be murder on his spine when he woke up. OOC: Feel free to wake him up. In fact, please do.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: I finished up, absorbed the flute, saluted, and backflipped off the edge of the platform. Halfway through the flip I locked on to the tree and teleported, finishing the flip near the other Maasi. All that was left where I had been in Le was a small wooden token with a K on it. Rushing to the tree, I placed my hand on it and turned its color back to normal, breathing a sigh of relief.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Merla

"What now? Slannak hasn't come back yet."

IC: Ortherion

Where was that toa of gravity?

Ortherion wandered around Le-Koro, searching for ketru. "Where is he?" he thought. "I just talked to him last night!" Bumping into a skakdi of sonics (Grazhak), he let out a small "sorry" before moving on. Then he saw the newcomers. Three toa of fire and a toa of water had arrived. "Good day travellers," he said, approaching them. "What brings you two here to Le-Koro?"

IC:

Agni nodded and carefully pocketed the charm Joske handed him. He looked around at the village-square. There was a lot of damage here, though from what he could tell, the majority of it was superficial, except for several burned-out huts. It looked bad, but nothing too horrible. Still, it reminded Agni of what they were fighting for. He looked back to Joske, then Tuara and Angelus and Cael.

"I will go and talk to the guards here." the Toa of fire announced. "Those of you who want to come with me can do so, though I can do this by myself as well. We will need to take a look at the temple as well and as far as I know, Matau is not back in his village yet and being held in Pala-Koro, so Kongu is our next contact. We need him to let us inside the Turaga's hut, since the temple of faith is located above it in the same tree. And it wouldn't be wise to break in after an attack on the village."

He looked at his companions, especially Tuara and Angelus, since he suspected Cael would probably go with Joske. While the young Toa of fire had been sitting in his tree, it had been Agni who had kept watch over the actual camp the previous night. And he had seen Cael go after Joske once she had finished with her swimming. After what had happened in Ta-Koro, Agni had paid much more attention to what his young friend was doing and saying, with words or just body-language. The journey through the swamp had been mostly quiet, but he had noticed how Joske had looked as they had walked...and at whom.

The kid chose a great time for his first mid-life crisis...Agni thought, though not bitterly. It was merely an observation. He nodded in the direction of the Gukko-Force HQ. "So, Tuara, wanna go pay Kongu a visit? We could catch up on what's been happening here at the same time."

OOC: Sorry, have to keep this short and sweet. I can post another wall of text tomorrow or so =)

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Taka

Taka rode the elevator up, survaying the damage to the village as he went.

Definitaly Fire.

As Taka got out, he tried to remember what the shop was called

Natan & Mantan? Or something like that.

OOC: There still open, right?

IC: Nanashi

I walked over to one of the ILF members. I think his name was Vompta or something

"Hey. Any idea what we do now?"

OOC: Thats Vompran

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC. Outskirts of Le-Koro.Kyju was punctual, if only on his personal calendar. And truly, that was the only one that mattered at this time. He wouldn't be missed if he didn't show up. He could've sent word to Niici. In fact, that might've made things simpler under the guise of the Cultured Gentry. However, he needed to absolutely not be confusing with his intentions about the Gentry.The tall Akrainid walked up to the Gentry leader and offered a hand-shake. He smiled like a politician had to smile: sharp and negotiative, with a defensive undertone."Hello, my dear. Might you be Niici, the person who I've come here to meet?"Niici raised an eyebrow, her mind looking for a link that might be missing. At this time, she wasn’t expecting to meet anyone, but then again, she had signed for many encounters to be made with many important people. The Toa of Ice quickly realized the importance of this being just by the way that he talked. She wiped her face clean of any prejudices or surprised expressions, replacing it with a soft look of class and grace. After quickly rising to her A-game, she took the politician’s hand and smiled.“Yes, I am Niici, Chief of Operations for the Cultured Gentry,” the Toa introduced herself. She then extended her free arm towards the door of the hut where the Gentry had just adjourned their meeting.“May we talk inside?” Niici offered.He nodded, rather happy with himself for finding the correct person this quickly. She had an aura to her, as if hidden depths were exposing themselves subtly.As they moved into the hut, he looked around. This was not the hut of a secret, manipulative society. Then again, it was."So, Niici of the Cultured Gentry. Let's talk."I am Kyju Xo'Rexin, one of the last surviving Akrainids on the island. Of course, my biology is a complicated and unimportant mess we can talk about some time later, for now, I wish to ask you..."He lowered his voice, drastically, his words not completely audible even throughout the entire hut."Is the Cultured Gentry more than it says it is, or isn't it?"The dark look in his eyes displayed exactly what he meant.Game on, thought Niici. She scanned the Akrainid and analyzed his expression – it was a dark, knowing look. This was not the first time she witnessed this question being asked, but this was the first time she herself was asked. “The Cultured Gentry thrives on a culture that gives more than it takes,” Niici replied, the smile of an experienced marketer making its way to her face, “This means that there is much that we do to help Mata Nui that we don’t necessarily… gloat about. So to answer your query straight on: yes”The Toa of Ice lowered her voice, “It sounds like you may know more than I would expect, considering you’re not a member. I cannot simply give all that I have to someone whom I do not know well”Niici then crossed her arms, “I have a question for you: what is it that you want from us?”He answered, still speaking softly: "It is simple. I am somewhat like what I imagine you- speaking of your entire group, of course -to be like. I am a politician, an Onu-Koroan government official, and so of course I have hidden agendas. And those agendas have sub-agendas. And those have sub-agendas of their own. Nothing is clear. Everything is objective. And so, what I want from you, is connections. Connection to the marketers, the merchants...the culture."He smiled again, though this was not the smile from earlier. This matched his already dark expression."I have a feeling you- again, speaking of your group -would be specifically good with that."The implications were there. Niici had naught but to recognize them.Niici’s cheerful, marketing smile was soon replaced with a sly, dark one.“Well, that is what the Cultured Gentry is all about,” Niici said, “We have connections, influence, and power. And on top of all that, we protection, so that the people in the lowest classes and the darkest depths cannot harm our righteous rewards for our labor”Niici was a perceptive leader, priding herself on reading the intentions of her peers and her enemies. She felt that a part of her mind clicked with this politician’s, while other parts still elevated her pride and assured her that this visitor would not be a threat to her power. If her intuitions were correct, then this Akrainid could be a valuable asset to her plans. However, she needed a final test.“I’m sure you noticed the wreckage,” Niici said, her right arm motioning towards the window, “a devastating and mindless bout of slaughter upon the innocent, rich and poor alike. There are some who fear that the Makuta has moved on to more enticing prospects after his victory of Island Liberation Front”She bore into the dark eyes of her visitor, “Those people would be wrong”Niici uncrossed her arms, “The Makuta does not destroy what he finds valuable if he owns a share in it”The Toa of Ice’s eyes narrowed, for she would not tolerate a flaky suitor.“Are you sure you want to have a stake in this group of power beneficiaries?” Niici asked, “Once you’re in, getting out can be… troublesome”"I should tell you that my current clique and I had a lot to do with the destruction you see, but that's beside the point."He sensed that aura again. The hidden depths were unraveling, the layers peeling back to reveal the core."I have no intention of getting out, and I have no qualms with any immoral actions the group commits as a whole."Niici pocketed that piece of information in her mind. Her visage remained as it was, and she then gave an approving nod. “So have you know that some of the damage here may have affected the inventory of a fellow Gentryman,” Niici said, “If you want the best connections, the first rule to be mindful of whose toes you step on”Niici paused for a beat, crafting her next batch of words, “Nothing is clear, as you said yourself. If you want to the truth, then it is that the Makuta helps our merchants grow by protecting our stocks and destroying those who seek to hold as back. In return, we help him defeat those who seek to hold him back – people like the Island Liberation Front, who seek to spread violence under a dubious claim to ‘free’ the Matoran”Niici nodded, “You are now a member of the Cultured Gentry, Xo'Rexin. But you’re not merely a member now. You are part of the highest-privileged group of people on Mata Nui. Contrary to what people want you to believe, we are the ones who run this island, and we do it within layers upon layers of protection”Niici paused once again, and took a step towards the politician, “If it is connections you want, then you will want to meet our club in Ko-Koro. We have influential masters in nearly all of the crafts on Mata Nui. Now, however, I must ask: what can I expect from you?”He paused, reflecting the way she had earlier to prepare his words carefully."I have a lot of influence in Onu-Koro. Why, just today I rallied the military and brought them here to defend Le-Koro. I have a thumb down on the government which only twenty-nine other officials share. So, there's that."And speaking of my current clique, I have a high-standing position there as well. I have spoken with Heuani himself, once. Wonderful man."He crossed his arms, the dark look all but faded away at this point."Changing the subject, do you have any operatives in Onu-Koro?"Niici gave a sly grin, “I am one. I’m the owner of one of the mining companies in Onu-Koro. Running the Gentry has limited the amount of time I have to visit the site and watch the day-to-day operations. I haven’t even been able to set up a conference with the person running the floor since I inherited the company from the Cultured Gentry’s former leader”The Toa of Ice then gave an approving nod.“Anyway, I suppose you have the experience and the capital to prove that you’re a worthy member of the Gentry, and it sounds like you have lots of power in Onu-Koro,” Niici said, “I believe that could help me greatly”Niici reached into her purse and handed and small rock tablet tablet (no larger than the size of a Ga-Matoran’s palm), where the location and date of the next meeting was finely chiseled.“Our next Cultured Gentry meeting is approaching soon,” Niici said, “Like I said, that’s the first place to meet the rest of the bright, enlightened minds. We should also set up a stable line of connection between your people in Onu-Koro and my people in Ko-Koro, and soon, Le-Koro. In the meantime, is there anything else you would like to discuss?”He pocketed the small stone, putting it in an inner pocket of his coat to make sure he would not lose it."No, I don't think so."He took a small bow and walked towards the exit of the hut."Until we meet again, Niici."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

Kethrye awoke the morning followed the mad rush to Le-Koro in the leaven-mattress bed that was the sole furnishing of the small inn's room he had rented after stumping out from the meeting the the night before. The Toa of Ice signed, pulling hand up to cover his eyes from the dawn's light that streamed from his room's oval window. Sleep, alluring as it was after the past days trials, had not came easily, not with Aparangi's and Dehkaz's revolutions both handing over him. Makuta was far from the only threat shadowing his homeland and, it seemed, not even the most imminent.

Nature disaster, jingoistic zealots, worshipers of dark power beings that appear to be friends plotting in shadows and behind locked doors to undermine all we've worked for. . . he thought, rousing himself and sauntering towards the door, snatching his longsword and its' sheaf from where he had thrown it in a sleep deprived stupor earlier. It has to be brought to an end.

But I can't do it alone, he thought, a glint appearing in his eye as he strode down the inn's steps and exited the aerial construction and headed towards to werever the rest of the ILF were gathered. Let's get moving.

IC: Argentum

Nothing to do.

Far off into the distance, his evil brother was pondering the same thing, except their duties stood far from each other, yet intertwined. Evil and Good were like that.

Argentum looked down at his hands. Echelon had beaten him, and badly. While getting a 'replacement' wasn't hard, it was the part of 'why' that he couldn't grasp. He couldn't grasp why evil did evil things....and why it was evil. He has had enough fights, enough getting pummeled, to know that fighting was nearly always senseless.

But did he, alone, have the power to make the difference? He doubted it.

But perhaps, if he wasn't alone.....

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Kehuri

The sounds of the town rising in the early morning sun awoke the Toa of Earth. Dizzied and confused by the light, he shielded his eyes. The sun didn't shine in Onu-Koro, and this was only his second day on the surface.

His eyelids felt like lead. He was never the best at waking up in the morning. But he had work do to. At least he hoped he did. Pushing himself to his feet, he groaned as his spine straightened out. He quickly checked his pack. Nothing missing, that was good. He twisted and stretched for a moment, trying to feel comfortable again.

He thought of how ironic his situation was. Raised nearly his entire life underground, living in the shadows of the tunnels, and now he fancied himself some sort of paladin. Clad in black and purple armor, dusty and scratched, with small parts crusted in dirt, from a life of mining. In the trees of Le-Koro, no less! He'd have to get used to light if he was going to serve it. Even shadows can shine, he had once said. He smiled, recalling the memory. He had been testing out some new contraption of Nuparu's, discussing Rahi and such.

Done stretching, he glanced at the meeting house that Aparangi had entered. Looked empty. He swore under his breath and started to wander the town, looking for some sign of anyone who might have been in that meeting house the night before.

He spotted Kethrye, but he didn't think bugging him would be a good idea. Their first encounter hadn't been the warmest, and he feared that if he kept showing up, the Toa of Ice might genuinely start to get tired of him. And when you worked for the light on an island ruled by shadows, you needed the most people to like you as you could manage. He noted the direction the Toa went, in case he really didn't find anyone else. Still, he stayed in sight in case he wanted to talk.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC- Verak - Le-Koro Jungle

"Y'know, brother, I think I changed my mind again. Really, I really need to stop makin' plans- they're just so restrictive, y'know?" Verak told Ankt as the two toa walked away from the now-distant Pala Koro. He pushed another Bula berry into his mouth, relishing the surge of energy that rushed through him. "Who needs healers when ye've got helpful fools and Bula?" He said, his mouth still full. "I'm headin' right to my trusty weapons now."

They continued through the vibrant jungle. The light filtered through the canopy above and shone green light down on them, and weird mushrooms and flora sprouted wildly and twisted into crazy shapes. The tree's roots did the same, and the trunks rose far into the sky. Thin vines hung from the taller branches, or remained wrapped around the beautiful roots. Birdcall and strange Rahi sounds seemed louder than an Onu-Koronan mining machine. Verak loved it. The jungle was full of life, and always seemed to fill him with energy.

Then again, perhaps he merely was feeling the effects of the Bula Berries. Those did have a little bit to do with his newfound energy, Verak admitted to himself.

Still! Life! He felt good!

He would be sprinting through the greenery, but his leg was physically incapable of doing so- even without the pain, he had a serious limp. He didn't care. As they passed by a low handing tree, Verak whipped two Madu fruits off of the branch and stuffed the remaining bula berries in his mouth. Mmmm… nothing else in the world gave you that same energy surge that filled your entire body. You could almost hear the energy rush though your muscles and joints. Verak took a bite of the more ripe Madu, and then turned and hurled the other, far older, fruit into the deep jungle as hard as he could.

The resulting explosion shook the ground a bit and sent pieces of greenery into the air to make a green colored cloud where the explosion was. Birds rushed away and with loud caws. Also disturbed by the explosion was a small group of purple Mahi.

Verak's month in the jungle was not spent without gaining knowledge, and accessed the knowledge now. Purple Mahi- lived in the jungle, and were pretty much the same as the Po-Wahi type, but rare. Cool- he had never seen them.

The goats did not feel similarly about this new stranger. If fact, they were quite irked their peaceful glen had been disturbed by one of the tall ones. Two tall ones, actually. Tall ones were usually bad news, and brought danger to their place. With a snort, the first Mahi charged towards these intruders. Who did they think they were? Spired by this show of bravery, the rest of the Mahi followed suit, bleating war cries and reminding themselves of this horrendous breach of civility- even tall ones knew that glens must always remain peaceful, didn't they?

Verak stood on one foot as he tossed Ankt's spear to it's owner. He was beat up, filled with bruises, cuts, and two holes in his body that were only prevented from immobilizing him by the painkillers pumped into the wounds He had no weapons, and the approaching goats were angry and strong.

I love my life, the toa of stone mused, before hopping forwards to engage his new enemies.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

[iC] It appeared that a Nui-Rama Hunt was in order. Petorgas would, about four nights a week, go into the swamp alone, to Kill as many of the #### things as possible. A few weeks passed. Soon, a Toa of fire...

[OOC] Is that correct? Joske's a fire Toa, right?

[iC]... and a team of other apparent good guys had arrived at Le-Koro. People. Could be good, or not-so-good. Petorgas thought. They might be helpful in killing the myriad of bugs around here, but they could just as easily get in the way.

Morally unambiguous.

IC:Ankt ~Mahi-Fighting~

Ankt caught his spear, then glanced at Verak, then back at the Mahi. Then back at Verak. Then back at the Mahi. Then back at Verak one last time. Then back to the charging Mahi. Then back at Verak.(Yeah, yeah, I'll stop now.) "What the karz has gotten into you brother?" Ankt asked, before joining Verak in charging at the enemies. "I mean, you switch from sad, to mad, to glad, to in pain, to glad, back to sad, then back to in pain, then back to obnoxiously loud gladness, then to sadistic gladness. Is it the jungle? 'Cause back in Ko you kinda just stayed happy, but ever since you've gotten in this jungle your emotions have gone all over the place."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC- Verak - Le-Koro

Verak tilted his head. Were his emotions really skyrocketing around like Ankt described? He didn't have time to think, for the first Mahi was upon him.

Verak placed his hand on the beast's horns and pushed himself over the charging goat. The Mahi missed and continued its almost unstoppable charge into the jungle. "No," Verak said. "It's not the jungle." The next Mahi jumped off a tree root at him, and Verak grabbed it, pivoted on his better leg, and swung the Rahi around at the next goat, also in the air, smashing the two together. They fell to the ground in a tangled heap. "Things are just happenin' here." He ducked under the next leaping Mahi and struck it hard in the gut with his fist. "When things happen, My mood changes." He leapt into the air and swung his foot into the next Mahi's face. "'Sides, ye may have misunderstood my feelin's, brother. I'm always happy, I just express it in different ways."

He turned his head and grinned at Ankt, then turned back to the Mahi, who were now charging at him from both sides.

IC: Reordin (Le-Wahi)

"I hate the jungle."

To Sulov, who had decided long ago to start keeping track of the things Reordin hated - black coffee, animals that weren't furry enough, Stannis' prophecies, political correctness - this was just another pearl of wisdom to lighten his mood. To Leah, it was something she had to take in stride, a stark reminder of the curious mood Reordin had fallen into since losing Stannis and Oreius back in Ko-Wahi. To Lepidran, bugs were just the coolest thing since sliced bread was, well...fed to a bug.

Now, after about six or seven hours of continuously walking since leaving the mountainous highs and the freezing lows of Ko-Wahi, what remained of the Wanderer's Company sat down in a small outcropping, well protected from view by canopies and thickets here and there, and started to put together a quick dinner as a team.

IC: Angelus (Le-Koro)

Earlier that morning...

"Hey, Tuara, wait up."

As the team had packed up what remained of their breakfast in little to-go packages for later, Angelus handed Tuara a syringe made of some cool green liquid substance. The Toa of Fire had looked up at him in confusion, obviously wondering if he was trying to kickstart some sort of drug habit to get her mind off going back to Ta-Koro and just going postal on everything, obliterating room after room full of Guards before taking herself out.

"It's arrowroot," Angel explained, obviously trying to turn her thoughts away from such a dark notice of resignation. "If you're hurt, you take it, and it'll get your blood flowing faster, help clot it. While you do, the faster circulation rate will give you small natural speed and strength buffers. No side effects."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Does Kongu know Aparangi? I assuming he doesn’t, but I’ll edit if that’s an error.

IC: Kongu – War Room – Gukko Force HQ

Aparangi took a step forward after that, clearing his throat. “If I may be so bold, I'd say we're already at war.”

Matau’s Right Hand Le-Matoran closed his eyes and cast his head down in a pained look of disappointment and apprehension. He then looked to the eyes of the speaker.

“Why do you dark-say that?” Kongu asked Aparangi. “Is there something you think-know as well?”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Krayn

Krayn stood near the edge of the room, uncertain if he really belonged there. Somehow, he had been dragged in alongside Dehkaz from his position outside.

In the presence of Kongu his posture had stiffened, as if his old personality was reasserting itself. In a similar vein, his mouth was kept firmly shut. Dehkaz may be a lower rank, but his input was what was important at the moment.

And, the De-Toa noted with a hint of bitterness, despite the past few weeks, you remain a mere Lieutenant. It is not your place to speak in a meeting with high ranking officials. Not unless spoken to.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

He spotted Kethrye, but he didn't think bugging him would be a good idea. Their first encounter hadn't been the warmest, and he feared that if he kept showing up, the Toa of Ice might genuinely start to get tired of him. And when you worked for the light on an island ruled by shadows, you needed the most people to like you as you could manage. He noted the direction the Toa went, in case he really didn't find anyone else. Still, he stayed in sight in case he wanted to talk.

OOC: I assume that by staying in sight you mean he's following behind him, correct? EDIT. IC:

He was being followed, that much was apparent from the footsteps keeping even pace behind him. Who those sounds belonged, whether friend or foe, remained to be seen. He loitered for the briefest of moments, taking in a deep breath as his hand drifted causally to the hilt of his sword. Can't be too careful these days, he thought, pivoting on one foot to face the owner of the feet striking against the wood of the walkway behind him. Morning night reflected from the tin sliver of blade he had pulled from its' sheaf.

As he jogged along in search of his men, Kethrye noticed a familiar face among the few beings awake and traversing the streets of the village so early , and not for being on the long list of maniacs and trouble-makers that seemed to be a fact of life recently. No, he had been one of the Fowadi's crew that Kethrye had met last night, or at least one of the dozens of beongs that had suddenly converged on Pala-Koro as they were trying to repair what was left of the village. Not a bad guy, from all he had seen.

"Ehm, It's you." he said, nodding and striding over to converse with the Toa of Earth. "Kehuri, isn't it? We met yesterday, correct?"

Edited by Javert

IC- Alyo - Le-Koro

The morning sun awoke Alyo, shining directly through the leaf that covered his window. Although the leaf was meant to keep out the sun, it did little but dye the light green and provide a well defined map of a leaf’s veins. The light bore right through his eyelids, painting their interiors a bright orange.
Alyo felt his sleep-sluggish mind slowly become lucid as he registered the fact that he was awake. Unfortunate. Alyo was still dead tired- he had a very late night. The concert, the meeting, and the hours spent in this bed, unable to fall asleep, were taking their toll.
The toa of fire rolled over and faced away from the light, trying to fall back into sleep. This proved impossible- the heat from the sun was now growing uncomfortable, and the loud, almost aggressive noise of the jungle seemed to bore deep into his head and demand his attention.
After a couple attempts, Alyo gave up his attempt at rest as a lost cause. He rose to his feet with a groan, and rubbed his eyes. Time to get up.
He sat on the edge of his bed, ruing the forces keeping his awake, when he noticed the piece of flax paper on the lopsided wooden desk near his bed. The memory of the contents of that letter found itself into Alyo’s mind- Ambages wanted to meet with him!
Excited, the Toa of fire found new energy to pull himself into a standing position and into the luxurious shower the hotel offered.
He stepped into the wooden cubicle and twisted the wooden handle.
With a screech and a bit of a sputter, sun-warmed water poured out of the well polished pipe hanging above him. Alyo reveled in the heated fluid washing over his metal body, soothing his skin, washing away dirt and rust and oil.
He stepped out, feeling refreshed, and grabbed the heated towels brought up by the staff. He smiled, deciding he’d make the day a good one. Whatever Ambages wanted him for, Alyo would make it a good thing.
After a delicious breakfast with excellent staff, and a heartfelt reassurance that ‘No, Mr. Alyo, we don’t want your money, the Gentry had payed for your stay,’ Alyo was off to the air taxi that had been recommended to him.
He’d miss the village. Even with the burnt huts, broken pads, and destroyed vines, the village in the air was still beautiful. It was just so lush- the color green was everywhere you looked, bringing a vibrant sense of life to the world. It was the opposite of Ko-Koro. Alyo’s home was nothing but ice, snow, and desolation. The warm jungles of Le-Wahi were startlingly different.
He dropped a couple coins in a beggar’s cup and reassured a lost looking matoran that the Gentry would pay to get him back on his feet. “The Gentry will fix all of this,” He reassured a sad looking band of musicians, “In fact, I’m heading to Ko-Koro right now to discuss how we might fix this.”
Their smiles filled him with joy.
One hour later, he got his last look at the Koro as the Gukko taxi he was riding soared over it. As Alyo watched the tiny figures move about from platform to platform, he firmly decided that he would miss the village. He hoped to return soon.
OOC
Alyo to Ko-Wahi, unless someone wants to interact with him and have be retcon that last paragraph.

OOC:Little time-warp here. The following conversation takes place between the time thatIC: Tuara - Le-WahiTuara took the syringe, looking at it oddly with a raised eyebrow, "Um," She looked up, a teasing interested look on her face, "I'll never quite understand exactly what part of karz I found you in."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth was a little surprised Kethrye had after all decided to speak with him. A tiny sense of happiness stirred in him at the thought that he might be beginning to matter. Still keeping his eyes peeled for Aparangi, he responded, much more jovially than he had the habit of this early in the morning. "Yes we did, and yes that's my name! I'm still looking for Aparangi right now, buuuuut," he stopped looking around and faced Kethrye fully, "Now that I think about it, you might know the answer to the question I was going to ask him, actually. You wanted to ask me something last night, too, but we got interrupted and I'm rambling." Nice third impression he was making. "Sorry, go on." He was so bad at thinking before talking.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC:

[OOC] Is that correct? Joske's a fire Toa, right?

Yes.

IC

[Le-Koro square, late morning]

"Alright everyone, I suggest we split up and spread out so that we can cover more ground. Ask the locals if they've seen anything like these before, and if so, where. It's almost midday, so let's meet at the village square at noon to compare notes. Sound good?"

"I will go and talk to the guards here." Angi said, as I stiffly noted with some authority. "Those of you who want to come with me can do so, though I can do this by myself as well. We will need to take a look at the temple as well and as far as I know, Matau is not back in his village yet and being held in Pala-Koro, so Kongu is our next contact. We need him to let us inside the Turaga's hut, since the temple of faith is located above it in the same tree. And it wouldn't be wise to break in after an attack on the village."

I saw his gaze at our small group, finally resting on Tuara and Angelus. Apparently it would be the three of them and the two of us, another sweeping gesture of command. That wasn't what had me irked however; it was the fact that he seemed to know where this "hidden and secret" temple was... and didn't bother to tell us!?

Then again maybe I should have asked.

He said something to Tuara about catching up with Kongu before turning towards the direction to the Gukko-Force HQ as if this was an everyday occurrence. Did he not remember that we were on a timetable? "Just try not to recruit every Toa on the island in this, okay?" I said, somewhere between a mumble and loud voice, enough so that he heard but not enough that others could hear. The last thing we needed was a mob following us. If he heard me he didn't respond, and with a wave of my hand I stalked into the village - or at least I thought I was going to.

"Good day travelers! What brings you two here to Le-Koro?"

My foot stopped in mid-step, taken completely by surprise by this helpful and cheerful voice. Before me was a male Po-Toa, dark brown in complexion with silver accenting his rather thin body, in his hands a very ornate metal staff. I turned back to note only Cael with me, who shrugged. I did my best to hold in a sigh, but I wasn't sure if it worked.

Somehow in the last five minutes or so I had become unsociable. When my ego and confidence disappeared so too did my grip on my emotions apparently. The last two days had been a karz of a wild gukko ride on my heartstrings.

Needless to say I really didn't want to deal with Mr. Sunshine.

"Nothing much, just looking for some old trinkets," I found myself saying rather brusquely as I slid past. "the type you would have to be a local for a very long time to even know about. I suspect you are not the case. So if you don't mind, we are in a slight rush, please excuse us."

Perhaps it wasn't the most polite, but again, I wasn't feeling sociable to extraordinarily happy people. Spotting a local trader I walked on over and bent down to his level, pulling out the charm I had in such a way that only the matoran could see it, asking the question I would no doubt spend the rest of the morning asking:

"Have you seen another charm like this?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Rit

Out of the corner my eye I noticed Vaisaga's reappearance, followed by an inward groan as I noticed the sword lodged in his shoulder. The fool had gone and gotten himself injured, just typical. I suppose this meant I'd have to deal with his wounds as well, sadly this meant that I would have drop out of the song, just as a flute player had begun to chime in.

However none of my disappoint was evident as I returned my harmonica to it's pouch. Resulting in one musician fading out of the piece. As turned to tend to Vaisaga's wounds I heard the remaining parts begin to dwindle. One by one each part gradually faded until only the wandering Mussiki was left. The solo guitarist was left by himself, his ballads filling the night. The beautiful music lulling the Koro's residents into a gradual sleep as he continued to spread his work into the night.

As for me, I had helped Vaisaga up, slinging an arm under his shoulder, and helped him along to an inn. Unfortunately this was no easy task as the stubborn oaf refused any help, believing that he could do all on his own. Eventually though, I managed to drag him over to an Inn and convinced him to rest, after all he still needed to recover, miracles didn't occur overnight in this world. Well not often.

Once Vaisaga stopped with his complaints and went to bed, I was left to my own devices as the night hours ticked away. Despite the soothing songs of Mussiki and the exhaustion from the day's events, I found it difficult to sleep. Too many thoughts kept rushing through my head, my father did say I thought to much. However there were just so many queries I had as towards the attack, and more importantly what was coming next. After all I had already run through as much as could, but what if I was missing something, some crucial piece of the puzzle that was just slipping from grasp. However what that piece could be was beyond me.

Sighing inwardly out of frustration, I made my way outside to stare up at the night sky, just marveling in the beauty of Mata-Nui. Perhaps there was hope still in this island, although it seemed far too rare for my tastes. Why couldn't there just be some way to eliminate the cruelties of this world.

Sometime amidst the swarm of thoughts I managed to fall asleep, fitful dreams intruding upon my sleep. It seemed it was difficult for anyone to have good dreams these days. No wonder really, most dreamers just seemed to be squashed in this world.

I awoke sometime later, just as daylight was beginning to intrude. I was surprisingly refreshed for the lack of sleep I had received. I also realized that I had fallen asleep outside, perched within a dream near the Inn. I just wasted my money, I realized with a groan, it wasn't like I was actively making anything that could support me.

I was making my way into the Inn, when I saw him. There he was standing at the front gates. He appeared to have lost some armor since I had last seen him and was carrying some new gear, which included some fancy new gauntlets he was wearing. Something about him seemed off.

Following him appeared to be something of a personal entourage, fitting for such an arrogant being like him. I recogonized Cael immediately, atleast I knew someone in his party had sense, but what was she doing all the way out here. Did he drag her into this, I swear when I walked up to him I'd have a thing or two to say.

The other three all appeared to be Ta-Toa, More hot blooded fools, just great, at this rate he'll set the whole Koro on fire and that's already occurred once, no need for a repeat so soon. One of the Ta-Toa seemed older, possibly a mentor? It would make sense for that pig to seek out someone to let him gain more strength. The other two Ta-Toa seemed more interested in each other than the rest of the party, a couple perhaps?

However just as started making my way over towards him another Toa beat me to them. An Onu-Toa from the looks of it, I believe I had seen him in the fight and later had sung a few verses. I waited contently for him to make whatever conversation it was the Onu-Toa wanted before I'd enter, that is if at all. I might just see if he noticed me. I was after all only a few feet away at this point.

Personally the wait didn't bother me, Joske Nimil entering my life again was not something I looked forward to.

OOC: Hello again Tuck.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: [Vaisaga]

As the night progressed, Vaisaga continued to stare at the ceiling, his gaze never wavering. It was a rather difficult task to keep himself awake, afraid of the nightmares that plagued him in his sleep. He did not wish to revisit his losses within the realms of unconsciousness, especially when they filled him with great horror, an effect that was worsened by the fact that within his dreams, everything seemed to become more terrible.

It would probably have surprised people to see the usually calm and reserved Toa to frantically try to do all in his power to escape sleep, especially seeing how illogical doing so was. Of course, barely anybody knew of what he had experienced in the past, and definitely nobody on the island except one knew of his situation, although even that one being may not be alive any more.

The androgynous Toa of Air would not give up in his search though; there wasn't really anything else for him other than the mere pursuit of a person he wished to find answers from. He had no real purpose in life but his search, and if that was gone, then he would have nothing.

An eye twitched slightly, signalling his beginning descent into unconsciousness. He had failed to stay awake once more, and now he would have to watch every single mistake he had made once more.

The night continued on, and on the small bed, Vaisaga slept, falling deeper into the nightmares of his past.

OOC: Kongu doesn't know Aparangi.

IC:

Aparangi looked at the Matoran and nodded slowly. "Yes, there is." he said. "There are forces at work in the shadows of this Island that are working against you. I do not know if they are in the Makuta's employ or just allied with his forces out of convenience, but from what I've learned, they seem to have an ulterior motive of their own."

"When Pala-Koro was attacked, I was among the first line of defenders of its walls. While the attack took us by surprise and was well-coordinated, the wall had been holding, until it was blown up through sabotage. When I first came to that village, I could not help but to question it. Here was a place where fighters of all kinds had allied to respond to attacks on the whole Island quickly and even succeeded to deal with your Rama-hive problem, yet they went weeks afterwards without any serious attack on their position and even managed to reinforce it. Which led me to suspect there was more at work than could be seen."

The Aitua let out a deep breath; and continued. "And there was, though not in the way I had initially thought. At first I suspected their leadership was somehow not working for the good of the Island, which luckily turned out to be an error on my part. However, their efforts to reinforce the villages defenses continued to fuel that suspicion for a while, as the Matoran workforce that had been put under contract managed to not lose a single supply-convoy in the jungle. They built the defensive wall and the anti-elemental field inside it without delay."

"So when the attack took place, I started to wonder how they would try to breach Pala-Koro's quite formidable defenses. And I began to suspect treason. I made my way back to where the srouce of the anti-elemental field was, suspecting one of the ILF to be there. Instead, I found a Matoran. He had been with the workforce that had made the ILF an offer to improve their defenses. He was responsible for the destruction of the walls and the ILF's headquarter that day. But that merely one part of a larger plan."

"And how do you know all this, Toa ...?"

"Aparangi." the Aitua filled Kongu in. "I know it, because I caught the Matoran and interrogated him."

The dark Toa concentrated for a second, recalling the peer's exact words from that night, before repeating them aloud for all those present:

"Just like how you saw your old world fall into the sea, that's a fitting allegory of what will happen to this island's society. It won't be long. In twelve lunar changes, this matoran culture will be destroyed."

"And Mata Nui, the so-called great spirit and protector of all of our kind... will perish. We are godslayers."

"An island, a civilization, it means nothing to me or my associates. And my death, as soon as it may be, means nothing to our plan. I have done my service."

There was a moment of silence after those words, as they all let them sink in. Then Aparangi spoke again, this time more gravely: "So as you can see, this was not a single delusional individual. But his words tell us more: This man had allies. Allies who helped sabotage the defenses of the ILF, probably from the very start of the construction. It all happened too well-timed to be a rushed job."

"And then there are the Kumu-Islets. Your old world fall into the sea. And just hours later, they are swallowed by the ocean with almost no survivors, except three ships, one of which changed course and sailed up the western coast of Le-Wahi. And shortly after, you are attacked by Xa-Koronans blaiming you for the destruction of their homes and the death of their 'saving angel'. The only others to make it out of Xa-Koro alive said that none of the boats in the harbour were seaworthy when they left and those that tried leaving after them didn't get far."

"I see a pattern emerging, of villages being built up through charitable means to gain their trust, only to be destroyed violently after through sabotage."

"Do you have any-ANY-proof for all of this?" Kongu asked, looking just as grim as Aparangi.

The dark Toa slowly shook his head. "No. I don't. But I promise you that I will find it. I do not wish to swo mistrust among your own people and neither should any of the others. But I do not believe in coincidence. I do, however, believe in vigilance. These men in the shadows think they can kill the great spirit they have declared war on and they obviously have a plan in motion that will at least let them try. And as we've seen today they do not care about what or who is in their way. So take my words as a warning, Kongu, as should all of you." He turned and looked around at the others present in the room. "Be weary. We are no longer just fighting the Makuta."

The leader of the Aitua stepped back into the circle of those surrounding the table Kongu sat at and nodded at the others of his team. Mariko glanced at him, as did Tupua. Aparangi glanced back at the tall figure on his right. "What?" he asked, softly. Tupua remained quiet for a second, before saying. "That may be the most you have spoken in a hundred years." the necromancer said.

Aparangi stiffened. A joke. From Tupua. The situation had to be more dire than he thought.

------------------------------------------------

Behind the circle of waiting guardsmen, Toa and others, Agni, Tuara and Angelus stood, having listened to most of what the black-armoured Toa had said after entering the guards HQ as well. Agni let out a low whistle, barely loud enough for Tuara to hear. The Toa of fire sroted these new facts in his mind. methodically, he put them together, one after the other, with professional distance. Pala-Koro had been destroyed. As hat the Kumu-Islets. And a group of shadow-men was responsible that were hiding within plain sight, that were part of the people he had sworn to protect. It was a lot to accept. But he somehow managed it without going through serious denial right then and there. But his honed instinct of sensing truthfulness in others told him that this Aparangi-character had not been making all of this up. He had heard a lot of crazy stories before, Karzhani, he was part of a crazy story right now, but this one had the potential to blow them all out of the water. But maybe it was his own quest that let him believe all of this. If he could buy that six random Matoran had been chosen to become the Mata's successors and that it was his destiny to train Joske so he could in turn serve his own purpose, then Matoran trying to kill a great spirit wasn't that hard to fathom.

Just try not to recruit every Toa on the island in this, okay? crossed his mind. Joske had said those words just before they had come here. Right now, that didn't seem like such a bad idea. He turned to Tuara and Angelus once more, softly saying: "I guess we know what's what then."

Angelus looked at him, obvious doubt in his expression. "Do we, really?" he asked.

Agni shrugged slightly. "I don't know. But we don't have the time to get involved in everything, we have our oqn quest. So we'll just have to take this for what it is and talk to Kongu about the temple once the meeting is over."

"How do you know about that, anyway?" Tuara asked.

Agni paused. He hadn't thought about it, really, that the temples location was supposed to be secret. But he hadn't thought about any of those places in so long, he had skipped over that fact. "I didn't. Not until last night, anyway." he replied then. "Not until Joske brought up all this talk about the virtues. I remembered Vakama taught them to me once, when I was a Matoran in the guard. We went over all of them, not just courage. Spend enough time around the old man and you can learn all kinds of crazy things."

"I remember him mentioning there was a temple for each virtue. He mentioned the one in back and here once or twice, that's where I know them from, but I don't remember any of the others. I escorted him to Le-Koro for a meeting decades ago when he told me about the temple of faith."

The Toa of fire turned back arond, looking over the heads of the assembled beings in the room from the rear, waiting for the Captain to finish.

---------------------------------------------------

Standing near Dehkaz, Sisk and Verdi and their companions stood quietly, listening to everything that was being said. He didn't know about Verdi, Lashev or Lans, but for his part, Sisk was stunned. There was only so much he could take in before his brain started to block new incoing information. Now, he had not reached that point yet, but he was pretty darn close at this moment. Next to him, Kama, the officer in charge of all Gukko-Force operations that didn't involve combat alone, took things in stride. For him, this was just another meeting. Or perhaps not, but he carried himself as if it didn't phase him. But what the two Toa had just told the captain seriously went beyond Sisk's comprehension. He would need to talk to someone about this.

He turned to Kama, whispering his question: "Where is Leah?" he asked. Kama leaned in close to hear him, then shrugged. "I do not know." he replied softly. "She must have taken a leave of absence, since I was temporarily promoted to take her spot. But I have no idea where she went."

Sisk and Verdi looked at each other, not knowing what to say. But the question in their eyes was the same: Where was Leah?

---------------------------------------------------

"Catch." Leah said and dropped another fruit into Sulov's arms. The Le-Matoran was hanging from a high branch in the tree they were under. She had her legs wrapped around the base of the branch and held onto it with her left arm, while she plucked the large fruit hanging from the end of it with her right, throwing them down to Sulov who was helping her.

By now they had about two dozen, more than enough to go with dinner, so she let go of the trees arm and dropped down to the outcropping, flipping in mid-ari once as she did, landing on her feet like a cat. While she had been rather lost in the cold of the mountain-peaks, this was her home. It felt good to be here, even if they would hurry to some other secret place again tomorrow or the day after the latest. Still, the familiar surrounding helped to deal with everything that had happened.

She could relate to Reordin's bad mood quite well. It had not been easy passing the border to Le-Wahi. They all wanted to go back to help their friends, to find the wanderer and Oreius and Joske, so that they could continue their quest together. But fate had different plans it seemed. They had to leave them behind and find the other stones on their own. Leah didn't know how they were going to do it without the wanderer, but they just had to.They needed to have some faith. Ironically, the ones in their company who represented faith the most had been the ones separated from them.

While Sulov carried the fruit over to where Lepidran was preparing the meal, Leah went over to Reordin, who seemed to be brooding by himself, sitting on the ledge of the outcropping. "Hey, Lt." she said. He lifted his head to look at her. Leah knew that she probably couldn't get him out of this mood. But she could at least try to distract him a little from his dark thoughts. She sat down beside him, letting her feet dangle as well. "So, what's the plan for tomorrow. Any clues on what the next ones hiding-place is like?"

OOC: Weirdness factor of RPing her will not end.

IC: Naru [Le-Koro]

And there she was again. Le-Koro. With nothing to do. Figures.

The orange-armored Toa of Plasma sighed. She had traveled to the village of Air from "Pala-Koro", after Kehuri had gone off to play hero or something like that. The trip through the jungle was hot, sweaty, and not that enjoyable. More than once Naru resorted to just blasting everything into path with her elemental power. The bugs just wouldn't stop irritating her, the swampy ground wouldn't stop sticking to her armored feet, the air wouldn't get any less humid. It wasn't even better than Ko-Wahi, as it wasn't the dry heat like in Ta-Wahi or Po-Wahi, but a wet sticky (and generally gross) heat.

Needless to say, Naru wasn't in that good of a mood once she had reached Le-Koro late into the night. Her elemental power was all but depleted, her legs were exhausted, and she was about ready to pass out on the ground. Those matoran that thought being a Toa was all that... Well, it wasn't all that all the time. Finding out that the Koro of Air had been attacked didn't do much to lighten her mood. It really didn't help.

At all.

Deciding to burn the person responcible for it in the morning, Naru had gotten a room at an inn, and had passed out completely when she hit the bed, not even bothing to remover her armor.

The Toa of Plasma had woken up quite earily, and spent most of her morning wandering around the tree top village. Helping out where she could, trying to find something to do. Naru glanced around her surroundings, wondering if there was some sort of rahi that had a special ability to track bad guys. Probably not-

Hey, was that?

"Hey!" Naru called, waving towards a familar looking Toa of Earth. After he'd left, the village was the last place she expected to see the novice Toa.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: So Naru's your character now? I wonder if Dhurin would have wanted to follow.

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Plasma's call just barely registered in Kehuri's mind, unaccustomed as he was to her voice, and he almost dismissed it entirely, but when he glanced in her direction, his eyebrows rose, and his heart leapt into his throat. "Well fancy that," he said, waving towards her, but not stepping closer. He did feel bad for having bolted like that, especially since he had asked for her help in training his untested Earth powers (and there was also the fact that she was the first female of his species to have ever talked to him. Miner's life, go figure.). He supposed there was still room for training, if she still wanted. But at the moment, Kethrye was his focus, and he turned back to him now. If Naru wanted to talk, she could come closer. Inside, he was slightly afraid she might be angry at him for leaving without having done almost any of what he had suggested they do, though.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: ...

Yeeees.

Display name changes are fun. ;)

IC: Naru [Le-Koro]

The Toa of Plasma glanced over the crowd towards the Toa of Earth, recognising another, white-armored Toa he was talking to from Pala-Koro. Despite the fact that she hadn't woken up in a good mood, Naru was glad to atleast see someone here she knew. Or sorta knew. Atleast traveled with a bit.

Well, it was the best she had right now, no sense in just walking away.

The orange-armored Toa made her way over to the two other Toa, stepping around the various being that filled the streets and platforms of Le-Koro. She stood a bit off to the side and behind Kehuri, waiting for him to finish talking with the Toa of Ice. It was then that she was acutely aware of the fact that she was probably still covered in sweat, dirt, who knows what else from her trip though the jungle.

Oh lovely.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Are we assuming our characters where at the meeting last night that's still technically in session?

IC:

"Last night? Sorry it's all a bit of a blur-" Kethrye replied, nodding in greeting to the Toa of Plasma stepping over and joining him and Kehuri. Another Fowadi crew member, yeah, that's why I recognize her. "-Wait, I think I can recall it, Was just wondering what you need Toa Aparangi for, exactly. Not particularly relevant, at this point.

"Anyway, I was going to go about gathering the ILF together and transporting Turaga Matau back here," he continued, beginning to walk again an turning his head back towards the two beings behind him. "Care to give me a hand?"

Edited by Javert

OOC: Oh, YOU'RE Frost Dragon! That explains why I haven't seen him in a while!

IC: Kehuri (Le-Koro, with Kethrye and Naru)

Kehuri fell into step behind him, "I don't see why not. I can ask you my question- and answer yours- along the way." He turned to face Naru, walking backwards, (showing more clearly his new Hau in place of his old Miru-shaped Kualsi) "Tag along if you want to talk afterwards."

Turning back around, his cheerful demeanor grew slightly more serious, and his voice dropped so that Naru could still hear it if she followed, but not so that anyone else could eavesdrop, "Yesterday, in Pala-Koro, you and Aparangi mentioned a plot to 'kill' the Great Spirit, and you both seemed to mutually agree that a Matoran named 'Ambages' was behind it. Who is he, and how sure are you that he's the one behind it? I want to know everything about this. If there's a plot to 'kill' Mata Nui, then there's no way I won't give all I have to put an end to it."

He pet Ilu slowly, the bird being a constant reminder of the destruction that anger could wreak. His was in check for now, but he dreaded what information Kethrye might reveal.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Right.

i kidnapped him and took all of his characters

muhahhahahaha

IC: Naru

The Toa of Plasma frowned slightly, wondering what this was about. However, she kept quite and listened, following the two Toa. What she heard did little to explain it, and it just made her a bit more confused. Still, she didn't say anything, not yet.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Hi Onarax. Being my OCD self he doesn't currently have the gauntlets, or any armor for that fact (Tuara has them in a bag somewhere). He alos doesn't have a Toa tool, or even a weapon now that I think about it, never replaced that hammer... huh. Must get this problem resolved soon.

IC

"Have you seen another charm like this?"

That must have been the fifteenth time I asked that question, and for the fifteenth time I got the same response: a sad shake of the head no. NONE of these matoran had seen or even heard of it, making the last hour a complete waste of time. It was difficult not to growl in frustration, but I forced a smile and thanked the Le-Matoran anyway.This was going nowhere fast-

"Dark-luck on seek-find charm?"

There was a flurry of green leaves, and staring before me was one of those crazy Le-Matoran, hanging upside-down from a nearby branch, his head poking out from the surrounding leaves. I was about to shove him away when I realized that I recognized him. He was one of the first matoran I had asked, and he said he knew nothing about it... in a dodgy-sort of way. Yet here he was... was he following me?

"No... such luck." I said slowly, eying him up. His positive demeanor was a bit annoying, but now I was curious. "I remember you. You said you didn't know anything about them earlier. Are you following me?"

"No! Yes!" came the rather quick and conflicted response. He gave me an upside-down lop-sided grin as he just realized what he had just said. "I slow-think when I spoke know-nothingness of lucky-charm. I ever-remembered now! Happy-cheer for you fire-spitter!"

My head spun as my mind tried to keep up translating his rapid treespeak into normal matoran. Reaching out I grabbed his mask, pulling his upside down face close to mine. "Ok, so I'll forgive the stalking if you would be nice enough to give it to me."

He looked uncertain for a fraction of a second before changing to sheepish. "I... not have it. But it near-close!"

I forced another smile, trying really hard to keep my cool. "So you mean to tell me you at first didn't know anything, then remembered you had it, followed me for over an hour just to drop in and tell me, only to reveal you actually don't have it on you?"

"Yes! Happy-cheer thought-plan fire-spitter!"

I tried not to laugh from the sheer ridiculousness of the conversation, as well as holding myself back from throttling the little guy. "Riiiiight. And WHY should I believe a word you say, let alone that you know where it is?"

"Fire-spitter must trust and have great-faith life-dawn forest-person!"

It was a outlandish statement, but it hit me right between the eyes like an out-of-control Kohlii ball. It wasn't exactly what he said, but HOW he said it. Faith. The chances of that were... I took a deep breath, wondering if this was one cosmic coincidence or if maybe there was more to him than met the eye. Slowly I let him go, letting him sway in the branch at eye-level. Faith and Trust. Evidence of things unseen. "Alright, I'll follow you."

"No rapid-quick fire-spitter! First Toa-hero must do something for life-dawn forest-person!"

He could not be serious.

I sighed in exasperation, closing my eyes and rubbing the bridge of my mask, free hand resting on my hip. "Yes?"

"You famous Kohlii-star Joske, right?"

I sighed again. "Yes."

"You true-shot with flat-disk as well, right?"

Granted, I was known for my skill in that area. "Again, yes?"

He grinned broadly, and from the leaved he produced a bamboo disk; from the markings and notches on it, a personalized one as well. "Fire-spitter Tao-hero Kohlii-champ Joske must beat life-dawn forest-person in true-shot flat-disk competition. If fire-spitter wins, forest-person will tell toa-hero where charm is."

I blinked a few times, unable to fully register the request. Did this kid just challenge me to a disk-throwing duel? I... I mean...

Actually, I didn't have a choice. If I wanted to know where it was, I would have to play his little game. My lips twitched slightly. "Alright life-dawn, you're on."

"Hurrah! Sing-song smart-plan! Quick, fast-chase Leaf-Runner!"

And with that he took off like a bolt, running, jumping, and swinging through the vines and branches like any deft Le-Matoran would, heading towards the Disk Throwing Range, leaving me quite befuddled as I attempted to keep up.

What the karz had I gotten myself into?

OOC: uuug. Accurate tree-speak is a doozy :dazed:

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC: Reordin (Le-Wahi)

"Well, that is why we have a map."

Something akin to regret instantly washed across Reordin's face, and his face turned instantly, his gaze aimed at Leah's and full of a sudden earnest The Ko-Matoran looked terrible, as though he had been prodding himself into staying awake with the tip of a sword for nights on end. Deep indigo circles burrowed like Rahi underneath his eyes, a pair of lips away from kissing the roots of his cheekbones. His fingers fidgeted impatiently, bordering on fearfully, twirling a single cigarette around the joints: it was the last from the pack Reordin had on his person at the Hive battle, the final survivor of Takua's purge.

"I'm...Leah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Yesterday, in Pala-Koro, you and Aparangi mentioned a plot to 'kill' the Great Spirit, and you both seemed to mutually agree that a Matoran named 'Ambages' was behind it. Who is he, and how sure are you that he's the one behind it? I want to know everything about this. If there's a plot to 'kill' Mata Nui, then there's no way I won't give all I have to put an end to it."

IC:

Kethrye grimaced, continuing to tread along the palm wood walkway. "Ambages is an architect, the best on the best island, actually. Several months ago, he came to Madrihk, the leader before myself, with an offer he'd couldn't refuse, blueprints for the fortification of Pala-Koro. Obviously, we took him up on the offer.

"Which turned out to be a terrible idea. After the work was done we soon had a horde of Makuta's servants on our doorstep; While we were on the defense the Matoran the Toa Aitua captured, who had been disguised as one of the workers, used what we had been told was a device designed to defend us to blow our fortifications to to karz . Betrayal is the simplest answer, really, especially considering what the information Aparangi got from interrogating the prisoner."

Kethrye signed as they approached one of the elevators to the forest floor. He waved for Kehuri and Naru to enter before him. "Problem is, we really have no way to prove any of this, and no one's going to believe it on on our words alone. Hold, hard, evidence, that's what we need; And what we lack."

Edited by Javert

IC: Taka

Taka rode the elevator up, survaying the damage to the village as he went.

Definitaly Fire.

As Taka got out, he tried to remember what the shop was called

Natan & Mantan? Or something like that.

OOC: There still open, right?

IC: Nanashi

I walked over to one of the ILF members. I think his name was Vompta or something

"Hey. Any idea what we do now?"

OOC: Thats Vompran

I.C. Vompran (Lake pala,(talking to Nanashi))

Vompran looked around at the wreckage. "The best thing to do would probably be to rebuild until something else attacks us. After we build up enough strength, we'll launch an attack on one of Makuta's groups. That could obviously take a while, though."

elementalussal.png

IC: Kehuri (Le-Koro, with Kethrye and Naru)

The Toa of Earth stepped into the elevator, so focused on the conversation that he forgot to be dizzy at the height and swaying of it. "Well whatever has to be done, I'm willing. Whether that son of a Muaka follows the Makuta or not, I'm going to end him." His eyes blazed with determination. This was probably the first time in his entire life he was planning on doing something wholeheartedly. "He's never seen me. I only became a Toa a week or so ago, and I've never had any dealings with the ILF, or any sort of large organization at all. As far as anyone's concerned, I'm invisible." His eyes widened at the prospect of doing what he was about to suggest, "I could go observe him, wherever he lives, find out as much as I can!" He glanced aside, calming down, "Or you could have someone with a Kanohi Iden go spy on him. Probably safest that way."

BZPRPG Profiles

[iC] Petorgas noticed the newcomers. He called: "Hello, traveler-people! Glad to meet-introduce you! Be careful, I am somewhat not-social." He always did this to tourists, to sort of screw with 'em. "We have fly-insect problems. Could you assist-help us?"

[OOC] I know Petorgas' treespeak is a bit rusty, but I did that on purpose. Petorgas usually speaks like a normal person.

Edited by Respawn120K

Morally unambiguous.

IC, Verdi: ... I couldn't believe this. Now there was some others that are trying to mess with the island? I really hated the past few days, and now this news made things even worse! Aparangi's words make sense, though... I decided to speak out although Sisk might give me a look:

"Well," I began, "I think that Aparangi might be right- that someone other than Makuta destroyed the Islets. Why would Makuta have a reason to do such a dark-evil deed? A lot of his followers and worshippers made refuge there. I highly doubt Makuta would destroy his own forces and supporters. He wouldn't- so I'm pretty sure Aparangi is right-correct about people wanting to destroy out culture. If he is..." I looked at Sisk, worry strewn across my face, "... then we've got a problem just as serious-bad as Makuta."

IC:

Leah reached out slowly, then carefully put her hands around Reordin's, trembling anxiously. Ko-Koro had taken an enormous toll on them, more emotionally than mentally. "It's okay..." she whispered, pulling his hands a little closer. "I know you didn't."

She let go with one hand and lifted it up to the Ko-Matoran's face, lifting it up so she could look him in the eyes. He did look terrible indeed. He had been with the wanderer far longer than her, so what could she say to him that would lift his spirits right now? Nothing, that's what. But she could try to at least keep Reordin from going further down into this state of mind.

"I can't really imagine what you are feeling like right now. But I have a pretty good guess." she said softly, still holding his cheek. "I'd like to do nothing more right now than to go back and help Stannis and Oreius. But we both know that's exactly why we can't go back now. We have to get the stones. And in order to do that we'll have to keep up our strength. And that includes a good nights rest."

She let go of Reordin's face and reached across his shoulder, pulling him into a light, but comforting embrace. Her mouth next to his ear she softly said: "I feel terrible about what happened as well, believe me. Tomorrow, I can get us some Gukko to get wherever we need to go quickly. Okay, Lt?"

OOC:Solution for ILF-send a task force with a guard warrant to hold Ambadges on suspicion of terrorism-then interrogate him. Or, if one of us has an Iden, as suggested. The guard warrant is easy to get, with five or six Turaga in the village.

IC:Vorok and Vilor faced off in the sky. Plasma beams failed to hit the agile Toa of Gravity, who was more skilled in aerial combat. Plus, in charge of his foe's weight, Vorok had an easy way to stop him from shooting.

He smiled,"Time for you to go down."

Vilor plummeted towards Lake Pala. Matatu's power caught the massive Toa, whisking him away.

Cy smiled at his freind."You're supposed to leave the punch lines to me." Kivar pulled up on Echo, and the Gukko brought Vorok down to the ground.

----

Takari shouted "Retreat!" With Vilor safe, they could now go.

Tirax shouted as they left, "Hey, Bijackal, you might want to know that it was me who killed your sister, not just Matatu."