Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Syvra

Syvra simply smiled before looking at Ryzen

"Well i have been there once before but i was just passing through. I can lead the way."

With that he waves his hands a bit clearing a path

"It won't be easy but it is a doable trips plus you have a toa who can create bula berries at will."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Ryzen"True, true. One thing, actually. Does it tire you out if you use the power too often?" Ryzen was just curious. Here, was a Toa of Plantlife who kept clearing a path between trees and doesn't really seem tired. Is that natural? Ryzen decided to trust Syvra a bit more than before.

Syvra nodded a bit

"Well yes it does get tiring but i can draw energy from the plants. And i am in a jungle so i have a unlimited supply of energy.

He simply looks around a bit spying several bugs flying around.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Syvra pauses a bit bring a hand to scratch at his mask

"Well i would say about 2 days in total. If we don't didle daddle."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra sighes a bit as he pushed another tree out of the way

"I am not really sure i had no plans really."

He said with a shrug of his shoulders

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Eat it. I'm back.

IC:

[siouxie]

My eyes fluttered open as the first light of dawn broke gently through the boughs of the verdant canopy. Light shimmered through leaves and fronds, glistening upon the soft dewdrops adorning them. The chatter of awakening creatures reverberated quietly through the rainforest. It was morning.

I blinked and yawned, extending an arm upward to stretch its muscles after a night's disuse. Silently, I drew back the blanket that covered me and rose, careful not to disturb my still-slumbering companion who lay beside me.

Now standing, I stretched again and paused. A smile creased my lips as I looked down at Xirdneh. Asleep, she looked so angelic, so beautiful, so like a portrait of peace and placidity. Like the green, natural beauty around her, she was quiet and tranquil.

Anyway it was about then that I plugged my guitar into my travel amp and started tuning loudly, sending searing power chords screaming through the underbrush.

bring back "an cool dude"

IC: Kehuri

He nodded and got up. Alongside Naru, he left the restaurant and headed back towards the Gukko Force HQ. Looking out into the jungle, he admired the view again. He still remembered the explosion of light from the previous night, and still wondered what it was. It was light, though, and lots of it. So how bad could it be, and on the other hand, just how good could it be?

The jungle really was a beautiful place. Green wasn't Kehuri's favorite color, but seeing all of its varying shades and tones made him wonder if that might change. Living in the jungle, you were always surrounded by life on all sides. That thought filled him with youthful energy. The air was still uncomfortably hot, and the bugs were bad, especially on the forest floor, but those couldn't ruin the sheer beauty of the land.

His reverie was interrupted by the sight of the HQ. It looked like it wasn't nearly as crowded as it had been the night before. That was a good sign.

OOC: Trizvan from Kini-Nui

IC: Trizvan

An exhausted and depleted Toa of Plantlife made his way slowly through the underbrush of the Wahi. He absorbed some plants along the way to top off his elemental energy reserves. No Rahi bothered him on his way. All the infected ones in the area had gone to Kini-Nui and been purified or freed. He allowed a sensation of joy to fill his heart as a Nui Rama buzzed by peacefully. It was a sight he had not seen in too long. He eventually reached the den he called home. A large knot in a tree, hollowed out by Rahi in the past, just large enough for him to sleep in, hidden by large foliage. Brushing these aside, he curled up within and closed his eyes, letting his exhaustion carry him into slumber. For the first time in a while, he went to sleep feeling genuine contentment. Many Rahi had been freed this day. The central north area of Le-Wahi would know a peace it had been estranged to for too long at last, until other Rahi came.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: SyvraSyvra continued along his way making sure Ryzen was still behind him. As he pushed way the a few trees it hit him.Ryzen reminded him of somebody from his past. He could not remember why but he was sure of it.From there Syvra continued along his way until he was hit by an overwhelming amount of hot hair. Then he saw the reason why; They had crossed the Le-Wahi/Ta-Wahi border.he looked at Ryzen and simply smiled."Welcome to Ta-Wahi."OOC: Syvra and Ryzen to Ta-Wahi. note to Ryzen i would write your next post in the Ta-Wahi topic ok.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Xirdneh:

Sleep is a precious gift and one that is not to be interupted lightly. When I heard the scream of an unholy noise, my eyes instantly fly open. My hands fly for my quarter staff as I leap to my feet, but the only foe that greets my eye is Siouxie, tuning her guitar without a care in the world. I roll my eyes. Of course it would be her.

"Must you make that infernal noise?" I questioned, leaning my staff up against a tree, "Have you no respect for the silence of nature?"

IC:

Sisk looked around himself as well as he and the others walked through the destruction still present on the lower level. He had seen the fires and smoke from above during the battle, when he and Verdi had returned from pala-koro but only now did he really see the extent of the damage and wished he could have been here sooner. Many of the shops and living-huts he knew down here were burned out or badly damaged, splintered walls and broken roofs. Their owners were busy fixing what they could, together with some volunteers, but while the damage upstairs had been taken care of relatively quickly by the members of the guard and the Matoran there, down here was still in pretty bad shape. Sisk was just glad that none of the platforms the buildings stood on had given way and fallen into the jungle below. Bad as it was, this was still damage they could control.

He rubbed his chin as he glanced left and right, searching for something. Once he saw the building he was looking for, though, he laughed loudly one time.

"Ha, there-over it is!" he exclaimed, pointing at the building. It was a longer hut, sides made out of bamboo and the roof made from leaves. Except that two huge holes were gaping in its structure and had devastated the inside room. A Le-Matoran was busy using a broom to get small debris out of the way. When he saw the group headed by Skyra approach, he stopped in his work and looked at them with weary eyes.

"Fair-greetings, Jiree!" Sisk called out to him. "Ever-glad to see you in one piece!"

Jiree harrumphed. "The does not well-apply to my business. I'm afraid you will have to shop elsewhere."

"Nono, don't quick-think," Sisk replied, "we're here to help build-repair your shop! Official Guard-business."

"Is that so?" Jiree asked, looking to Skyra, as if for confirmation. Somehow, he doubted the guardsmen were just here to help. The Gukko Force had been busy with lots of things, but aiding their own people had not been terribly high on their list of things as of late, it seemed to the merchant. Sure, they flew their patrols, kept the Rahi away. But beyond the fighting the Matoran were left to deal with all smaller problems on their own. Supply-shortages, protected merchant-caravans, all those things had been sorely missed.

Sisk nodded at him encouragingly. "Got a whole great-squad to help you!" he said.

"Oi, what about us?" another voice called out from somewhere to the side. They turned their heads to see another Le-Matoran sticking his head out from under a pile of leafs, where he had been digging around under a collapsed roof. Others appeared to, murmuring. "Yeah, what about us?" another repeated the question. A quick headcount told him there were more than a dozen Matoran listening to them by now. Sisk looked lost for a few seconds, then smiled again and said loudly:

"We are here to assist-help all of you who need it!" he said. "But there's only the hand-full of us and a big-lot of you. If you lend us a hand while we help Jiree, we get quick-done faster and all of us can soon-move on to the next building! What do you say?"

There were several nods and one or two small cheers. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Sisk glanced at Skyra. "Uhhh...big-commander, we might soon-need a few more men-helpers...even with their help, we'll need more hands." he mumbled.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Xirdneh:

If there is one thing to Xirdneh's credit, it is that she did not often raise her voice. She saw no need to do so now, even though her infuriating comrade tempted her.

"That is not enjoying it," she hissed, her calm temper starting to boil, "There is nothing enjoyable about the noise you are making."

IC: Wokodin -- Northern area of Le-Wahi Jungle

It would take more than some sparkly cage to stop me.

As soon as the electrical cell faded away, I broke into a run, ignoring the screams in my muscles after a brutal shock. My elemental background help me push a little harder than other Toa, and I was most grateful for that now.

The cage had not been up for very long, but I knew that Ronkshou and his friend were far ahead of me. However, it didn't take an Engineer to figure out where the servants were headed. That light was far from stealthy.

My sword safely in its sheath, I ran through the jungle, until I could see a clearing just up ahead.

OOC: Wokodin to Kini Nui...

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Skyra - Le-koro -

I gave Jiree a reassuring nod. "Yeah, we're here to help in anyway we can. We'll have your shop open and running in no time..."

"Oi, what about us?" another voice called out from somewhere to the side, gaining my attention. We turned our heads to see another Le-Matoran sticking his head out from under a pile of leafs, where he had been digging around under a collapsed roof. Others appeared to, murmuring. "Yeah, what about us?" another repeated the question. A quick headcount told him there were more than a dozen Matoran listening to them by now. Sisk looked lost for a few seconds, then smiled again and said loudly:

"We are here to assist-help all of you who need it!" he said. "But there's only the hand-full of us and a big-lot of you. If you lend us a hand while we help Jiree, we get quick-done faster and all of us can soon-move on to the next building! What do you say?"

There were several nods and one or two small cheers. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Sisk glanced at Skyra. "Uhhh...big-commander, we might soon-need a few more men-helpers...even with their help, we'll need more hands." he mumbled.
"What just men-helpers?" I said, of course the smirk on my face meant I was only kidding. It dawned on me that I would never have used that joke before I'd become...female....
I cleared my throat, deciding to get a bit more serious. "Yeah I'll see what I can do about getting some more hands, will be here all night and into the next day otherwise." I turned to Jiree as I approached his shop to get a closer look and asses the damage, not that I knew anything about fixing buildings or structural integrity, in fact I knew absolutely nothing on the matter. My current assessment was that there were two big freakin holes.
"Well...I guess we outta get started..." I began to lean against the wall near one of the holes. "I suppose we should start by-" I let out a yelp as I suddenly fell to the side as a Toa-sized chuck of the wall gave into my weight, making a the hole nearby even bigger.
My cheeks flushed a bit as I sat on the ground, covered in pieces of the wall and random debris. I cleared my throat. "Well...we probably were gonna have to replace that anyway..."
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

[siouxie]

Gb Gb Gb Gb Gb G G G

"You don't mean that," I frowned as I continued to tune my guitar, which was not at all an electric instrument and was in fact just a regular acoustic archtop that just sounded distorted and electric because of my HEAVY METAL toa-of-iron powers. That bit about an amplifier that I mentioned earlier? I lied, baby. You didn't read that. There's nothing contraband about this instrument. It's totally legit. Too legit to quit.

"You don't mean that!" I repeated as I continued fumbling with my G-string. "The power of rock is from the heart - raw, from the soul! There's nothing more natural than the wild music of unbridled, animal rhythm."

Xirdneh rolled her beautiful opal eyes. "There's not going to be a single 'animal' left in this area if you keep up that racket. I brought you out here for a change of pace, so you could experience something quiet and serene. You spend all your time as a frenetic cluster of energy and I'm tired of it! I don't know why I put up with you."

"You put up with me because I'm the only woman you could find who's as filthy as you," I shot back.

She pursed her lips. "Hygiene is a luxury when you're from the jungle."

"And it's something you just don't have time for when you're from the street, baby!" I finished tuning the high e string and leapt to my feet. "Woooo!" I hollered and began thrashing a riff that reverberated for miles kios.

m/

Edited by PrettySoldierSailorScout

IC Xirdneh:

I rolled my eyes again at my companions blatant disregard for what I had said. As clever and witty as she thought she could be, often Siouxie could be as hard headed as her element. Perhaps it was from the loud music she constantly blared, but often I could swear that her hearing was damaged.

I gave an exasperated sigh as I turned away from her, walking away. I glanced over my shoulder as I gestured with my hand.

"Come on. I've got something to show you that you might be interested in."

It was a lie. A bold faced lie that I had no problem telling. Perhaps though the prospect would catch her interest, and she would follow.

IC: Naru

"It's almost as if they're trying to hold onto something normal," the Toa of Plasma commented, voicing her thoughts. While the Toa of Earth was focused on the scenery, Naru was studying the people around them. On the surface, it looked as though the Le-Koroans were going about their day as normal, nothing really out of the ordinary. But Naru had been here for a time, and she was beginning see beneath it. The sense of security was strained at best, trying to cover up what had happened here. "Can't say I blame them, though."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Naru's comment brought the Toa of Earth's attention to the villagers too. He nodded, smiling slightly, "Gotta have something to hang onto. I can relate to that." He thought back to his insistence on maintaining an ordinary life despite everything. Flooding, murders and Kyju couldn't keep him from at least pretending things were okay. "Don't suppose they'd appreciate mud huts...?" he asked half-seriously.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Naru

"Don't know, though they do seem to go to some lengths to stay away from the swamp," Naru replied, tearing her attention from the villagers. It wasn't helping her current, not-quite-awake mood to see so many people like this. This wasn't the first time she'd seen this. In Po-Koro with Zauk, after the Makuta Followers attacked, and nearly sent the whole village crumbling from it. Then again in Ko-Koro after returning from the village of stone. She'd seen the same look on the Toa of Lightning's face as the villagers here. More so even.

The orange-armored Toa sighed helplessly, it wouldn't be good to dwell on such things.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Hey, looks like some are rebuilding a shop over there," Kehuri commented, pointing at the spot where a couple Gukko force members as well as regular Le-Koro inhabitants were getting started. "Look, already putting in a door," he joked as a Toa of Air fell through one of the walls.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

[siouxie]

I hoisted the guitar over my shoulder. "Sure thing. Lead on, green gams." She gave another huffe and motioned for me to follow through the woods.

I rolled my eyes again at my companion's blatant disregard for my passion. As grounded and rational as she thought she could be, often Xirdneh could be a capricious as her element. Perhaps it was from all the time she spent in the woods, but often I could swear that she had a whole tree shoved up her--

"So where are you taking us?" I asked. "Someplace romantic?"

Xirdneh didn't answer but I knew she was blushing, and probably a little bit angry. I couldn't help but smile and laugh softly to myself. As uptight as she could be, she was an awful lot of fun - despite how much she tried not to be.

As we walked further, the trees began to part and the morning light shimmered fully upon a grassy cleaning, cut through by a glistening river.

"All right, chickadee, I admit - this place is pretty gorgeous," I laughed.

IC:Miha ~Le-Koro~

Zealokan's venomous words stopped Miha in her tracks. Zealokan's spark of anger had rekindled the burning rage that Miha had been struggling to control ever since she rejoined Havon back in Ga-Koro. Or, to put it more simply, Miha snapped.

"Oh I'm sorry your Majesty, I thought that friends were supposed to help each other. That they were supposed to sacrifice their comfort for others. I mean, that's what I would've done if the situation was reversed, but obviously I'm incorrect. I mean, what would I know about being a good friend? I'm just a small Matoran who just saved your freaking life because I care about whether or not you can walk without limping. It's not like I've ever risked a friend's life just to make a fight scene more 'dramatic.'"

"But you know what? You bared your soul, so I'll do the same." The small Le-Matoran looked Zealokan in the eyes. "Imagine yourself my age. You've grown up on a happy little island, when suddenly everything goes to karz. You barely escape the island with your life, and manage to build new relationships with new people on a new island. Then, because you decide to have morals and fight evil, your new life begins to slowly disappear bit by bit. First it's your brother, who was the kind of brother that always made sure his little sister was taken care of. Then it's your sister, who always protected you from the laughter of the Ta-Matoran who constantly put you down for simply wanting to be like your father and become a doctor. Next it's your other sister, the one who always made sure that you had a smile on your face. Your final tie to your first life disappears without even saying goodbye."Miha sniffed a bit before continuing. "N-next it's your father. The one who taught you everything that you know about right and wrong. Then most of your friends. Eventually all you have left is two friends. So, you've lost two lives to the darkness and attempt to press onward in the fight, only to be told that you aren't good enough. But you keep fighting. And finally, when you've finally convinced people that you're strong enough to fight the darkness, you look to one of your last friends for the motivation to keep on fighting. The friend who you've looked up to since you joined his team. The one who had enough courage to form a Toa Team in direct defiance of the Makuta. And not only does that friend yell at you, he dashes all the hope you had in him."

By now Miha had started pacing in front of Zealokan, something she only did when agitated. "I used to think that you were a brave Toa-Hero. But you've shown me that you're nothing more than a coward."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC. Veira.The Toa of gravity stepped through the streets, nonchalantly making her way to the city square. She hadn't seen Jasik in weeks, and this presented a unique problem: she was homeless. Never in her life had she been alone, but now, she had to deal with it. The signs of homelessness were obvious. Her eyes were deep and outlined in purplish black from a lack of sleep. Her sleeves were ripped and torn in places. The black scarf she had taken to wearing was beginning to shred from lack of care. Plus, she was just hungry. She slept (or tried to sleep) in the trees, and ate whatever she could find. It wasn't as though she could find a job- she didn't know how to mix drinks, or make weapons, or even write papers. She was destined to continue her pattern until death.Yay.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC Xirdneh:

"Goregous . . . ? Perhaps," I mused, moving over to the trees surrounding the river. I extended my staff, calling upon my natural element to fashion two long sticks. It was better to fashion them yourself, but I knew that the toil would prove too much for my friend. She was already impatient, and I would not push her. Getting her out here had been a trial, and reckless actions could prove to be my undoing.

"Even the roses have their thorns though. You would do well to remember that."

The sticks sprouted a long, thin fiberous vine. In stretched out from the tip, reaching a length of about the stick. At the end of the vines were barbed hooks, perfect for the task that was to come.

I turned to her and said, "Tell me. What do you know about fishing?"

The young Toa couldn't help but notice the obviously homeless Toa of Gravity making her way through town. Half of Le-Koro was homeless, but this one seemed to be in especially bad shape. It was clear she didn't belong here and didn't know how to.

Without giving it much though, his hand plunged into his bag to grab a couple spare widgets from his wallet. He jogged up to her and held out the widgets hastily, "Here. Just don't spend it on alcohol."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zealokan

'ENOUGH!!'

Miha froze in place, all of her momentum absorbed in a brief flicker of rage. Cracks started to appear in the roof and walls, the entire hut creaking and threatening to collapse. 'Yes, because you're oh-so-exceptional! You're the ONLY one on this island who has it worse off than everyone! You try living every day with the weight of an entire ELEMENT on your shoulders! We were at an apex, just starting to reach out into the world around, people would hear of the wonders that Ve-Koro had to offer. It was stolen from us, from ME! Friends, family, all dead and scorched with a snap of His dark, rusted fingers!''I survived because the Makuta needed one more victim yet, one more to wander the land searching for someone who would listen to his story, who would understand exactly what he was on about, because that person had lost everything they had ever loved as well.' He looked the Le-Matoran dead in the eye. 'And I found her. She whose life turned to Karzahni around her wherever she went. She who stumbled through it all and made the best of it. She who I value as a friend and teammate more than anyone on this Great Spirit-forsaken island.'

The hut stopped creaking. He stood up, found his balance, and returned Miha's ability to move. 'For Mata Nui's sake, Miha, I honestly don't care if you hate me more than any being on the entirety of Mata Nui, because you're my friend, but at the end of the day, you're still as stubborn and hot-headed as ever, I'm still an insufferable. stupid coward.'

He sat down. 'I was never a Toa-hero. Just a guy trying to forget. And if that breaks your dear little heart, I say wake up and smell the ashes, because it doesn't get any easier from here.'

'But don't lose hope. For your sake and mine, just don't.'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC:Miha ~Zygad's Hut~

Miha's eyes narrowed as Zealokan stopped her from moving. She waited for him to finish ranting about how Miha shouldn't complain because he had it so much harder than she did.

"You used to have courage Zealokan. You were the one who started the Hau Karda. You were the one who wanted to be leader of a group that was going against the being who took down our Great Spirit. But something happened. I'm not sure if it's because you got scared of Makuta's powers during the Rama Hive attack, or because your girlfriend left you, but you aren't half the Toa you used to be when I first met you."

She turned away, and began to walk away. "And don't call me your friend. You taint Virthee's good name by calling me your friend, 'cause a Visic would never become friends with an immature coward like you."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: Zealokan

Miha started skidding backwards, twisting around to face the Silver Toa. 'Alright. So I'm a coward. Did you ever consider that I've always been a coward and I created a team so that I wouldn't be so vulnerable? That the Hau Karda was just a shield to hide behind, to surround myself with people who would give everything to protect each other, so that there would be a slightly lower possibility of horribly inevitable death?' He pushed her back lightly, moving her along her original path.

'So, I'll let you go on your merry way. Send Echelon my regards. Because only a Visic would be stubbornly stupid enough to confront him alone.' There was no hint of compassion in his voice this time. Just frustration and defeat, with a tiny bit of smugness. He retreated back into the hut, out of sight of the Le-Matoran he once called teammate.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC:

[siouxie]

"Fishing?" I repeated. "Well, I don't know; it's pretty hardcore when you think about it. Luring a living creature to its doom, and impaling its mouth on a hook, and then yanking it out of its environment until it SUFFOCATES TO DEATH, and then FEASTING ON ITS FLESH!!" I fingertapped a guitar break to punctuate how metal this was. "I mean I've never done it before but I am DOWN with something that awesome."

(Three hours of sitting on the banks with nary a single bite later)

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO BORED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!"

IC-Praggos:

Oh, bother, I'm not the only one that comes here to get away from the Koro.

As Praggos walked along a path to the small, river-holding clearing, he sighed, having already heard the yelling from quite a ways away. He debated turning back around with himself, then decided against it.

"No," he muttered to himself. "With any luck, I'll frighten them away." Stepping out of the shade, he shot a stern, appraising glare over at Siouxie, a slightly less stern one to Xirdneh, who was being much calmer.

"I'm not sure if you two are disturbing the peace of this area or contributing to it, right now."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Xirdneh:

"'It would appear that even when you are not in bed you have a hard time keeping your mouth shut," I said, a wry smile forming on my face.

"Are you saying I snore?" Souxie pouted, a look of mock hurt on her face.

"Something like that," I retorted as I suppressed a chuckle, "But you should be more quiet. You'll scare the fish away..."

It was at that moment that the newcomer appeared.

"Or bring unwarranted attention to ourselves," I finished, looking over at him, "Would you please be quiet. We are trying to fish."

IC-Praggos:

Praggos raised an eyebrow at the response, though he didn't give his usual retort. After all, it would likely be more interesting to watch these two as their personalities collided instead of forcing the both of them to team up against him. So, pulling out his notepad, he leaned against a tree to start sketching out the scene.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

[siouxie]

An awkward silence stretched over the glade as the stranger sat down wordlessly, produced a pad of paper, and began drawing. Xirdneh looked thoroughly flustered, which was understandable, given that usually the response to her saying "be quiet" was for me to get louder.

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I returned the gaze with widened eyes. Neither of us knew who this schlub was and what he was doing here, and neither of us knew if we should ask, given that we had just pointedly told him to shut up. But he also showed no intention of leaving. The gawky pause seemed interminable.

And then, suddenly, there was a tug at my pole.

"Xirdneh! Xirdneh! Ahahahaha I think I got something!!"