The Abettor

Nuju Metru

Hey guys,

This MOC is of a BZPRPG entity of mine known as the Abettor. The Abettor is the powerful and mysterious guardian of a very important place in the game. Back in mid-October, I drew the Abettor to get the concept out of my head and for the benefit of other players that wanted to interact with the behemoth. Following the pencil version, I made a digital drawing on MS Powerpoint as a game banner (which can be seen at the head of this topic).

The creation below is based on my earlier art of this character. It was a very fun challenge to work "backwards" in this way, to go from art to MOC; the last time I'd done so was with my MOC of Heuani, which was based on an artwork by Vezok's Friend.

Alright, enough exposition. Here's the MOC.

11580427294_9530249d14_z.jpg

11580230023_f227222bb8.jpg11580350014_3680a64b22.jpg11580019615_aa81a4c673.jpg11587254665_4c45313856.jpg

The main function I incorporated into this MOC was the Abettor's trademark ability: cycling through Kanohi. The guardian has several Kanohi at its disposal, and by rotating a great wheel within itself, it can select which mask it wants to use. By turning the gear on the back of the MOC, the mask in the Abettor's niche will rotate.

11580093685_46cf081db8_z.jpg

If you want to see larger pictures, feel free to visit the set on Flickr. Thanks for reading, any C&C are appreciated!

test2.png

Words can not describe this.. It is simple amazing.. I mean i think you captured the whole thing quite well.. Even the turning of the gears is an amazing feature to incorporate.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

JAW-DROPPING.

Seriously, this is a fantastic MOC. Besides my immediate desire to pick it up and start playing with the set, I feel so enamored by the playability functions of the turning kanohi. The weight feels really well distributed and pretty on par with the illustrations you did. I see you used Hero Factory, and although that might be a turn off for some Bionicle MOCers, I find it really well blended with the rest of the pieces. Fab job!

JAW-DROPPING.

Seriously, this is a fantastic MOC. Besides my immediate desire to pick it up and start playing with the set, I feel so enamored by the playability functions of the turning kanohi. The weight feels really well distributed and pretty on par with the illustrations you did. I see you used Hero Factory, and although that might be a turn off for some Bionicle MOCers, I find it really well blended with the rest of the pieces. Fab job!

Jaw-dropping is a good term.. But i would like to add on that i did not even notice the hero factory pieces.. that must mean it blended so well.. But none the less it is not a turn off at all..at least for me

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Astounding. I nevver thought The Abettor could be MOC'ed. It certainly is a great blend of Technic and usual Lego parts.

My favourite part is the mask-turning function. I mean, it actually works. I really don't know what else to say apart from the fact tgat it faithfully describes the artwork of the Abettor. Great job! :thumbsup:

Are you a wizard? How is the Kanohi cycling function even possible?

100/10

My main question is which way do the Kanohi cycle? Is it vertical or horizontal?

It's a vertical rotation. There are three Mata heads with masks on them attached to a gear, which is rotated on the back, causing the masks to change out. (Correct me if I'm wrong, NM, that's just what I see.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I thought I commented on this already, I guess I didn't. Anyway this is amazing it looks powerful and epic I love the crystal gun part.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Are you a wizard? How is the Kanohi cycling function even possible?

100/10

My main question is which way do the Kanohi cycle? Is it vertical or horizontal?

It's a vertical rotation. There are three Mata heads with masks on them attached to a gear, which is rotated on the back, causing the masks to change out. (Correct me if I'm wrong, NM, that's just what I see.)

That's correct. A horizontal rotation never occurred to me, actually; the whole initial design (the capsized can!) of the upper torso was what it was to accommodate an imagined vertical wheel of masks. Keeping the gear rotation on one plane was also much easier than dealing with perpendicularity. :P

Thanks all for your comments!

test2.png

I always loved the design of the Abettor that you made for the BZPRPG - seeing it as a functioning, accurate, and awesome gimmick-packing (Kanohi rotation is amazing) set just blows me away. That said, I see less of the Arbiter from Halo (if you based elements of the drawing on him) in the set than in the artwork. Great job.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

This is just beautiful, setting aside the fact that I would just love to play with that kanohi-swapping function, the colour blocking is great, the double-jointed legs are executed wonderfully...

All in all a great Moc, if this were a set a would buy it in a heartbeat.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Gosh Nuju your making everyone envious of your toys... it's like a giant sandbox. *smirks*

Still is an amazing moc.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu