Chronic Records

Control_Vee

chronicrecordslogo.png

chron·ic

adjective

persisting for a long time or constantly recurring.

Welcome to Chronic Records, a CYOA comic!

As inferred by the abbreviation, a Choose Your Own Adventure comic runs on community input - you send in what you want to happen next!

The comic is based on the MNOG storyline, more or less (creative liberties may apply).

Please send in Action Commands prefaced by the character's name. For example:

Tahu: Fight Bohrok.

Action Commands can be sent in via PM or in a post. If in a post, please provide a legitimate post alongside it. EDIT: Due to issues I've seen, this is more of a suggestion than a rule. At least try to. If you can't, it's fine. c: -1/16/14

Cameos:

Cameos are being handled differently this time around! Cameo characters will more likely just be seen in the background - they won't be integral to the story, most likely.

And now... we begin.

---

c3pjCHl.png

BgrlggL.png

d8LoHUk.png

YjlSkLy.gif

You have awoken in a strange new place - at least, it seems strange and new to you. You can't remember where you are, or who you are, for that matter.

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 8

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

???: Enter name.

BnrZq8X.png

Various names and terms come to your mind in an entourage of degrading self-depriciation.

You find this to be incredibly silly and pointless, though this strange train of thought has jogged your boggled memory.

Your name is Takua! It's a good thing you remembered your name. People would probably think you were some kind of nutcase if you couldn't remember your name!

Takua: Look around.

4bSMAY2.png

You take a glance around to gain your bearings.

You appear to be on some sort of beach nearby some cliffs and mountains. There seems to be some sort of large metal capsule nearby. There is a large indentation in the sand nearby, and some markings like whatever was there got dragged. Nearby, those, there appears to be smaller indentations - footprints or tracks, leading elsewhere.

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 2

Sisen said:

Takua: Look in the capsule.

FjgYERB.png

You check inside the pod. It's... pretty empty. You sit on the edge after having to crawl in to look into the back. It's a nice spot in the shade, though. Whatever was in this thing must've been taken - unless it picked itself up and walked away!

Because that could never happen!

HA. HA HA HA. HA HA.

You think you'll stop cackling to yourself nervously now.

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 1

Sisen said:

Takua: Do the hokepokey

This is funny just a question does this take place before or after the events of monlg

Edited by Tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Takua: Do the hokepokey

This is funny just a question does this take place before or after the events of monlg

The comic is based on the MNOG storyline, more or less (creative liberties may apply).

(Yes. During. As in this is the 'start of the game'.)

Takua: Do the Hokey Pokey.

uU6fwOc.gif

You don't have any hokeys to poke!

You're not sure what hokeys are anyways, so you do a silly little dance in hopes of placating your strange urge to poke hokeys.

---

Takua: Bury yourself in the sand and tan yourself.

Um...

...You're not really sure what tanning is...

...or why you'd want to be covered in sand again...

but...

Ua8hcfl.png

Are you doing it right?

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 2

Sisen said:

It's like his two(or maybe three?) CYOA comics that he's made in the style of mspaintadventures. But I'll bite.

Takua: Take a look around the beach.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

It's like his two(or maybe three?) CYOA comics that he's made in the style of mspaintadventures. But I'll bite.

Takua: Take a look around the beach.

The first one was heavily inspired. The second, I was trying to reboot the story due to massive flaws. This one, I'm sticking completely to Bionicle with some webcomic-inspired references.

Takua: Go follow the markings and Kill the thing with fire.

What do you mean by "Creative Liberties?"

Temporarily story derailing, changing things up a little bit. Just fun little shenanigans.

I love dis. I can destroy Takua. Right?

Takua: Explore and jump off the tallest tree in the forest.

Destroy him..? Not necessarily.

---

Also! For the record. I've got this next strip planned out, so don't worry about sending more until the next update. New Year's just got me a little tuckered out to whip up the panel(s?).

Sisen said:

Takua: Start walking left into the unforeseen environment you now find yourself. Keep walking along the shore line until you find someone, something, or complete a full circle(?) of the map and reach the strange pod.

Takua: Explore.

J21cuka.png

You assume to go to the perspective's left - your right. You won't stop until you find somethi-

OW WHO PUT THIS CLIFF HERE

WHO WOULD DO THIS

zIK8Vlw.gif

YOU FIND THIS INCREDIBLY DISTRESSING

(distress intensifies)

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 2

Sisen said:

Takua: Get back to the place you were before.

Takua: use TOY DUCKIE on cliff.

Takua: Go find nearest village.

vkAV2GI.png

...Okay. You're back now.

Problem is, you don't have a TOY DUCKIE...

...and since you have no idea where you are (memory loss) it could be days of just wandering. Why not give yourself a direction to go in?

...Oh. And you suppose you have the power to bypass the FOURTH WALL and exit the panel whenever you want, now. That might come in handy.

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee

Sisen said:

Takua: Go West, young man.

Takua: Worry incessantly about that nasty cough.

Action Commands can be sent in via PM or in a post. If in a post, please provide a legitimate post alongside it.

Leraku: GET ON WITH THE STORY.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Oh hey, a new is up. Poor Takua, he should really find that toy Duckie. I'm sure he could have very good use of it.

Takua: Follow the footprints and draw silly things into them, boy!

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Takua: Follow the footprints and draw silly things into them, boy!

oKV2s0M.png

Okay, sure. You're not sure if you're going west, but this is one way to have a little fun when following ominous footprints.

You figure you're the best at drawing silly things in sand.

You're pretty sure that's absolutely correct and you are most certainly the best there is.

What will you do?

----------

Takua: Worry incessantly about that nasty cough.

Action Commands can be sent in via PM or in a post. If in a post, please provide a legitimate post alongside it.

Leraku: GET ON WITH THE STORY.

Goodness. I've left an edit in the OP about this now - I don't think it's that big of an issue anymore, so let's not be pointing it out to people deliberately.

Furthermore, unlike my past comics I don't really have a big story for this! It's mostly just us having some fun going along the MNOLG storyline. Maybe a little embellishment for kicks, but otherwise it's nothing big.

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 3

Sisen said:

Leraku, I just love that sand texture up there. It's just point there. No, really. I never really noticed it until now and the drawings are just cute. :D

Takua: Take it up a notch, boy! Build silly things out of the sand along the footprints and see if you can pimp them up with whatever the sea has washed on shore!

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Leraku: GET ON WITH IT

I've been crazy busy lately. I'm really sorry about it, but I've been swamped with schoolwork, working at relatives' places to raise money, and all sorts of things - including an upcoming birthday. I do have updates 'planned out' in a way - once I see the ACs, I think up an idea to incorporate them. However, /making/ the comic can be time-consuming - especially when I have to make new backgrounds. I know it's just one panel, but I'm just an 'average' comic maker trying to make relatively high-quality stuff - it can take longer than you'd think.

So... in short, It'll be done as soon as I can get around to it. I really do want to work on it, life just keeps getting in the way lately.

Edit: Furthermore, my right eye is having problems. I hope it'll get worked out soon, but I have barely any peripheral vision in my right eye and have an extremely hard time focusing my eyes on things as a huge portion of the right side of my vision is fluctuating/blurring, which really disorients me.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Takua: Take it up a notch, boy! Build silly things out of the sand along the footprints and see if you can pimp them up with whatever the sea has washed on shore!

h0nYlGL.png

You couldn't find anything along the beach, and it was difficult to shape the darned thing, so you focused on making it at EXACT ANGLES rather than making it all detailed. But you are satisfied.

You now rule over a tiny kingdom of sand, and you are its RUTHLESS DICTATOR. Your word is law in this glorious dwelling - none may stand before you and say otherwise in your estate, it is impervious, nobody can stop you now-

8bxlwwm.png

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh nyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

LDjpN7H.png

...ooooooooooooooooaAAAAWHO IS THAT GUY

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee

Sisen said: