• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

COMMAND: BY POPULAR REQUEST

Plot:Advance.

GCox6eF.png

And now, to our intrepid pilot.

F7NC7HK.png

WHAT IS THIS WHY AM I HERE AM NOT GOOD AT BOAT.

---

What will you do?

---

Hffffft. How many months has this been? For two panels?

Yeah. I just... have not felt like doing this at all. For some reason, this comic stopped being fun and felt more like an obligation. So at this point, this comic will be back to the 'as-I-feel-like-it' basis. The once-a-week schedule completely fell away for a variety of reasons.

It's possible I might make another comic here on BZP - sort of like a typical 'studio' comic, but with... twists. Hopefully things will go well, either way.

Even so? Feel free to add more ACs for me to use when I decide to make comics for CR!

Edited by Control_Vee

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

The Makuta: You may not see Takua as he rides upon the sea, but you know what he's thinking. He wants to be a hero, save the day, get the girl. Well, he's making a right hash of it. You'd do much better than he would, only no one could love the Makuta. But no one has to know your identity, eh? And so, without further ado, you will adopt the gaudily-hued Matoran's shape (but with the obvious improvements of a mustache, pointy-beard, monocle, and toupee,) materialize aboard Maku's vessel, and, before she notices, place Takua in a stasis field and send him to the middle of the Ko-Wahi drifts.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

• 2 weeks later...

Hffffft. How many months has this been? For two panels?

Yeah. I just... have not felt like doing this at all. For some reason, this comic stopped being fun and felt more like an obligation. So at this point, this comic will be back to the 'as-I-feel-like-it' basis. The once-a-week schedule completely fell away for a variety of reasons.

It's possible I might make another comic here on BZP - sort of like a typical 'studio' comic, but with... twists. Hopefully things will go well, either way.

I think that's perfectly normal, and am glad you haven't been stressing yourself out by forcing yourself to create new panels. Even though I have thoroughly enjoyed this comic. : P

If you do end up starting up a new series, I hope the forum will be active enough to support it. Things have been...down, lately, both in here and in the Library. I don't know, it's something about story-based creations that have made them suffer. The other creative outlets are doing well, grr!

That said, Takua: Keep that perfectly straight face while donning appropriate captain's garb.

• 11 months later...

Hoo boy! What's it been, a year?

Well, in any case. Guess who finally updated the topic from Ye Merry Ole Majhost Crash?

The panels are back in action for you who might want to reread this heap of shenanigans. However, I didn't salvage the Secret Comics... this time.

And who knows? Maybe I'll start up with this again. We'll see. Send me some ideas if you want - But make sure it's actually after they get to Ga-Koro. I've got something in mind if I ever get them there, to open the gate.

If I revitalize the topic? Mind that it'll probably be a lot more relaxed and silly. How is that possible, for something like this..?

...I'unno. Guess I've mellowed out or something. Have fun.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Howdy,

Soran here. It's been a while since I've seen you around the forums. Whether you get back in action or not in comics, it's great to see you around. 

This series is a little odd for me since I had absolutely no idea it existed. Looking at the date it was started suggests that it was around the time when I took my year break so it's not surprising to say the least.

It's an interesting idea for a comic and I like how you've organized it so far. It's very neat and entertaining. The combination of recognizable characters we've grown to love and your usual charming style makes for an excellent mix. I like the character designs even though they're primarily just the same colors as the characters, you've added some other details to them which make them stand out and look unique. I also enjoy the animations you made in partnership with the comics. It makes the series seem for lack of a better word, more animated and entertaining. The backgrounds as well are a huge leap from what I last remember them looking like in your previous series so nicely done on those as well.

The part I'm curious mainly about is how much of a story there is to this particular series. It looks as though it's being made up at the spot based off of what the audience suggests to do. Do you have an overarching story based around the series or does it simply take place before MNOG?

In terms of sending a suggestion, would it be best to do it through PM or just in the topic? 

If it's simply in the topic then I would absolutely suggest either acting out the classic titanic pose or having Takua "hang ten". 

After having caught up on the series I can say with surety that I'm excited to see more and I look forward to your next update. Welcome back.

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png