Chronic Records

Control_Vee

Takua: Take it up a notch, boy! Build silly things out of the sand along the footprints and see if you can pimp them up with whatever the sea has washed on shore!

Takua: Build your army of sand to stand against this newfound foe and take back your kingdom!

Takua: And on that day sandkind received a grim reminder.

Takua: Strife with the unknown creature, boy! STRIFE! Through what-ever means you can.

sw74ifg.png

Why, absolutely!

But there's a few problems with your sudden plans...

...the only thing you could find on shore was the pod, which is way too heavy, and a bunch of sand...

...your army washed away in the last wave...

...and you were so flustered and surprised you had to hastily shape your old castle into a shoddy little mound as a misplaced barricade, rather than a strong wall.

You're also now caked in sand. You like to think of it as armor.

The strange, shadowy apparition stares at you in what you believe is a mixture of exasperation, boredom and disbelief.

What will you do?

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 2

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

So you're probably wondering.

Why do I take so long to make comics?

Sadly, I must report LIFE HAPPENS. Much to my chagrin. Because I have a terrible case of procrastination despite my love for making this comic. It's easily my favorite one to make yet. Because we can have fun and be silly!

LIKE THIS!

---

So Takua's the Kazekage now, huh.

PMQOgMw.gif

YES.

What will you do?

---

Oh, by the way. As an extra tidbit to hold you all over. I hid a secret comic somewhere! It was produced while messing around for the sake of messing around, during a recent comic-making session. Here's a hint: It's not in this post.

Hee hoo. Good luck!

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 4

Sisen said:

Eveything: do something funny. (AND I MEAN EVERYTHING.)

Tahu: ask how Takua got his hat.

Maku: be Maku.

I think I found the secret comic, and if i did, it's a train wreck.

Edited by Pupwa21

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

[Takua]: That rock outcropping way out in the sea kinda looks like fingers. Notice this. Now call it "Three Finger Island," and claim it as a territory for your kingdom of sand.

Takua: walk to the cliff to your left, and look at that sand circle with the white rock and that black rock. Seems suspicious.

bBhcfWO.png

Takua: Cake that creature in sand too, boy! Maybe it will erode his defenses...

Takua: Notice the shadowy figure looks hungry. Knowing that aliens eat sand, you provide a convenient feast for the stranger and throw sand in his face.

YETm0DB.png

AAAAAAAA-

dWrpVhD.png

...Oh. He's gone.

What will you do?

(whee, new lighting effects test. also new secret comic. find iiiit)

Edited by Control_Vee

Sisen said:

[Takua]: That rock outcropping way out in the sea kinda looks like fingers. Notice this. Now call it "Three Finger Island," and claim it as a territory for your kingdom of sand.

Takua: walk to the cliff to your left, and look at that sand circle with the white rock and that black rock. Seems suspicious.

It appears as if it will occupy at least a few minutes of your time.

Takua: that device on the side of the cliff opposite the circle looks interesting. Seems as if it will probably distract you for several more minutes.

bBhcfWO.png

Takua: Sing Oprea

Takua: Equip SandKind weaponry for throwing

gU674ct.gif

To put things simply...

wat

You don't know what "oprea" is, and you're not a very good singer. You think you've heard something about a style called "opera", but you think in an irritating level of context-sensitivity. You never auto-correct things in your mind by figuring things out with the letters or whatnot. You take what your strange, silly conscience (the voice in your head* - you're pretty sure it's your conscience anyways) at absolute face value. Speaking of which, you don't know why you're thinking to your conscience. It's not like it's seperate from you, after all.

Also, what's a Sandkind? You are absolutely certain you have no idea what that is at all.

What will you do?

---

Still experimenting with this new lighting style! I missed adding some lighting on his torso that could have made things look better, and only noticed after I had already animated it. Oh well, I'm learnin'!

Also. To those of you talking about the Three-Finger Island, I don't know if that's even appeared yet. I don't remember seeing it in MNOG, and upon some research, I'm pretty sure it only showed up after the Toa all met up. And Tahu is only just now setting out, so that's not for awhile, I think.

Furthermore. Takua will, most of the time, assume that whatever you're telling him to do, is within the same area contained in the panel, unless instructed otherwise. If there's something you want him to look at or investigate, tell him to 'go over here' first, then tell him what to do once he's there. Say, if you tell him to look at the telescope, he wouldn't have an interesting response because he just plain and simple can't see it from his current position. It's too far away. Tell him to go over to somewhere before giving him a command relevant to something outside of the current 'panel-area'. For instance, telling him 'look at that island out in the sea' - Can you see it in the panel? Then he likely can't see it from his position. Tell him to turn if necessary, or go to where it can be seen. However, if he's been somewhere at least once, you can tell him to go directly there, as he remembers it once he's seen it. You can tell him to go somewhere, and investigate something in that same somewhere, in the same AC.

-

Addressing this:

"Takua: walk to the cliff to your left, and look at that sand circle with the white rock and that black rock. Seems suspicious."

For the record, during the original time this was sent in, Takua was kind of in the middle of seeing strange Shadows mcDarkington suddenly standing there, and it'd be kind of awkward to have him suddenly just run over to the cliff in the middle of that.

As for the Sand Pit in some of the other posts - the main one, if the Wiki states correctly, is at the Kini-Nui. The one in the game is on the top of the cliff, near the telescope. You'd have to not only tell him to go to the cliff, but to find the stairs, as well as climb them, before he'd even know there was a 'story pit'. So if you told him 'go to the pit with the stones', he'd have no idea what you were talking about until he had seen it at least once.

However, rest assured, I will try to get to him looking at the stone face in the wall that is nearby at some point. Depends if people want to keep hanging around the beach for a bit first, or just head on and keep moving. It's up to you folks on this!

Regretfully, I have no secret comic for you today.

* if you didn't guess, that means you AC-sending readers.Whee, footnotes from the author!

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 1

Sisen said:

[Takua]: Continue to ponder about this strange cliff that popped up into your head.

[Maku]: Obtain the attention of that strange red and yellow matoran with the blue Pakari that doesn't appear to fit right on his head.

[Takua]: Be distracted by a blue matoran who has just called out, then be distracted by the stairs on that cliff behind her.

bBhcfWO.png

• 2 weeks later...

All that sounds well and good, you guys.

Really, it does.

But you can't.

NQtbqjz.png

You're too busy being this girl.

CCKniG4.png

Your name is Macku.

You've been standing on this beach for about an hour or two now. You lose track of time easily, because your thoughts often wander to a particular person.

You've been looking for someone to help your village, which has recently been attacked by rampaging beasts. As far as you know, you are the only escapee.

You landed your boat near Ta-Wahi to look for someone to help, but so far there's only been some random colorful-looking guy running around on the beach acting overall very strangely. He went past you once, and you tried to get his attention, but he seemed kind of... spaced out.

He's pretty weird.

What will you do?

---

SPRITING MNOG BOATS IS HARD. This is the main reason I've been taking so long on this update. Still only slowly getting better at making props.

Still haven't detailed the darned thing. If anyone wants to give detailing it a shot, feel free. PM it to me later if you do. Also, whee, more lighting development (for instance, I forgot to lower the opacity on Macku's ground shadow), and I accidentally applied interpolation on the zoom-in, so that's why the first panel is blurry.

Edited by Control_Vee
  • Upvote 1

Sisen said:

[Macku]: Dramatically play dead to catch the colorful matoran's attention.

EDIT: Also, BOAT

chronicrecordboat.png

I couldn't do much more to make it resemble the MNOG boat, but I hope it's something closer to what you're looking for.

Edited by TBK
  • Upvote 1

sig8.png