• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Chronic Records

Featured CYOA comic Takua Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 372 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2014 - 06:05 PM

Macku: commit yourself to a watery grave in sadness from the loss of all your friends.

#82 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2014 - 01:50 PM

Maku: Wonder why you think your name is Macku and why you would have a Pohatu plushie. Ponder these thoughts to your Huki plush doll.

That was some typo, eh? Glad you cought that, it completely slipped my mind.

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#83 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2014 - 07:38 PM

I've got some bad news.

First things first, to explain my delay. I've recently gotten a new computer, and I've been working on things now that I can do them again, and I keep getting distracted from making comics.

Second of all, technical issues.

GIMP won't load my brushes correctly, so I can't work with a lot of my backgrounds since I don't have the brushes. I have some brushes - but now, any new ones I try to install won't show up. I install them to the right folder, I refresh, even restart GIMP.

I'm currently using Gimp 2.8 on a Windows 8 computer. Any help with this?

I extract files to C / Users / <my user> / .gimp-2.8 / brushes, which Gimp in its settings says is the brushes folder.

However, it will not load any more brushes when I install them, and I'm still missing quite a few crucial ones.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#84 Offline Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 372 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 08:04 AM

I forget how gimp works with brushes, I never bothered with them much, but is there some sort of a "re-scan folder" option when you have gimp open in the brushes area? That's what I have to do when I load new fonts into the program.

#85 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 08:18 AM

I forget how gimp works with brushes, I never bothered with them much, but is there some sort of a "re-scan folder" option when you have gimp open in the brushes area? That's what I have to do when I load new fonts into the program.

I install them to the right folder, I refresh, even restart GIMP.

If the refresh button on the brush dialog window is what you mean by 're-scan, then yes, I have done this. Several times.

Sisen said:

#86 Offline Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 372 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 09:21 AM

Well I just did it on my copy of 2.8. And it worked. I hope you figure out what the problem is :P

#87 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 11:21 AM

I could always fill in for you.

HAHA! HAHAHA! HA!

No.

(I mean, unless you trust me, Which is a bad Idea.)

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran, Apr 13 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#88 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 07:47 PM

Maku: Wonder why you think your name is Macku

Macku: Hug your Huki plushie and cry because you're sad about having your elder and all your friends trapped at the bottom of an ocean

Macku:Dramatically play dead to catch the colorful matoran's attention

Macku: Yell meaninglessly for Nokama and Gali

comic27.png

Okay, well. Sheesh.

Maku, then. People just keep mispronouncing your name as Mah-Koo, so you got sick of it. Guess we've gotta be all grammatically correct here.

As for your painstakingly hand-made with your love, sweat and tears plushie... It's currently in your wrecked hut. It's probably soaked which is okay because you made it waterproof for secret cuddling when you're hidden underwater which is... slightly bothersome. You don't have it. The monster attacked before you could grab it, and you had to flee.

Playing dead? Being afraid and screaming? Karz no. You're no wimpy damsel in distress. You just need some help to check things out whilst you look for Gali. But this... colorful weirdo? Ugh. You suppose you have no choice.

-------

What will you do?

-------

Had to recollect my gimp brush collection manually, but it seems to be fixed.

Sisen said:

#89 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 08:22 PM

uPG4U81.png

Maku: Get the attention of the stranger.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#90 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 09:26 PM

uPG4U81.png

-What do you mean, 'edit' the sun?

-I didn't blur the BG at all. That's how it came out. The only things I blurred were the gulls in the background, for perspective.

-Shadows are a development process. I'm still not the best at backgrounds either. Lighting is something I'm working and improving on over time, hence the experimental 'shadow trail' leading to the shadow on the ground.

-Furthermore, I had to rebuild my entire collection of brushes. I couldn't achieve the same effects as before.

Thank you for the critique.

Edited by Leraku, Apr 16 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Sisen said:

#91 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 09:46 PM

uPG4U81.png

Editing the image. You have to do much more work to figure out the lighting in these back lit images. It is the same for front lit panels. You have to put forward more effort with regards to core lighting and shading in such panels than in others, which is why some authors find midday and midnight panels easier to produce than morning and dusk. You did, however, do an excellent job with the core shading in this one. I'm merely giving you advise regarding where your light source is, and warning you what to expect when it comes to Vakama's talk with Takua (or any panel with Vakama, really If you allow this to happen I cannot be held responsible for what happens to you).

card_newmat.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#92 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 08:41 AM

uPG4U81.png

Editing the image. You have to do much more work to figure out the lighting in these back lit images. It is the same for front lit panels. You have to put forward more effort with regards to core lighting and shading in such panels than in others, which is why some authors find midday and midnight panels easier to produce than morning and dusk. You did, however, do an excellent job with the core shading in this one. I'm merely giving you advise regarding where your light source is, and warning you what to expect when it comes to Vakama's talk with Takua (or any panel with Vakama, really If you allow this to happen I cannot be held responsible for what happens to you).

That's actually fairly accurate, the Vakama bit. It's a dark room with a fire behind him. Given the lighting being behind him, his front would be harder to see and shadowed, with light around the edges. I'd try to sharpen it up and make it look better than that, but it's still lighting-accurate. As for the 'more effort' part, I'm willing to put forth that effort. I'm wanting to improve in my lighting, and the best way to learn is by doing it. It's really not that hard for me to figure out the lighting - that's more of a personal editing 'difficulty' to bring up, it doesn't apply to everyone, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. For long-winded discussions like this, I suggest we take it to PM from here on rather than clog the topic. Thank you.

Edited by Leraku, Apr 17 2014 - 09:02 AM.

Sisen said:

#93 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2014 - 09:20 PM

Takua: chase a butterfly and accidentally run into macku, falling on your face.

Macku: sigh, then help him up. and ask him if he can help you save your pebles.

#94 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2014 - 12:26 PM

Takua: Chase a -

comic28.png

You don't know what butterflies are, but you tried to chase them. You couldn't do anything else because you seem to have tripped and gotten your face buried in the sand.

Again.

You seem to end up with your head in the sand quite a lot.

What will you do?

---

More light tests.

Reason for the delay? One, procrastination. Two, that I got one AC.

One. This is driven on community input, so if you think of anything, send it in.

Edited by Leraku, May 10 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Sisen said:

#95 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2014 - 03:53 PM

Maku: Get FRUSTRATED at the audience for their lack of input, then help the stranger out of the sand. After that, explain your current crisis to him.

card_newmat.png

#96 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2014 - 09:34 AM

So. We haven't really had many updates here.

Mainly because this is a community-driven comic without community input. I appreciate that a few people have left ACs here and there, but, honestly, it doesn't give me much to work with. Look at some of the earlier comics and see how crazy some stuff got. 

But aside from that, I'm not getting much input.

I know how the story goes. But I don't have any drive to keep it going if the community-driven comic doesn't have any participators. I understand that some of you absolutely love this comic, but it's just not going to work out if we don't have enough people dropping by. I sincerely apologize for my past procrastination, but I /have/ been wanting to make comics recently. I just don't have much drive, or much input to work with, since very few people are even posting. You guys are literally the ones running things - All the silly shenanigans that can go on are up to you. I'm only the facilitator, the artist. I'm the writer in only the loosest sense.

So. I'm going to leave this here for a little while, see who notices, see who posts ACs. I may cancel the comic if it seems like people just genuinely aren't interested in this anymore. Then I'll go back to the drawing board, see if I can think up anything more, and you might see some things from me again.

But for now? The livelihood of this comic is all up to you.

If you want it to stay? Post some ACs. If you're not interested... well, don't bother, I suppose. But don't just get lazy and not bother posting, because that's why things have been slow. I've been waiting for input. It's just one little post.

And it's up to you now.

Sisen said:

#97 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:21 PM

Maku: Get FRUSTRATED at the audience for their lack of input, then help the stranger out of the sand. After that, explain your current crisis to him.

Seriously people.

card_newmat.png

#98 Offline Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 372 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2014 - 11:49 AM

From one command comic maker to another: learn the value in making up your own situations. Especially if you have a story you're trying to tell. If you leave it solely to your readers 1. they'll let you down eventually and 2. you'll never get anywhere. :P

Takua: Eat the sand

#99 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 08:28 AM

Maku:  Get ###### that the comic author might just drop this thing.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#100 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 07:27 AM

Takua... listen to me... walk up to her... kneel down... and pull out a ring... and...

'random hot Ga-Matoran... will you be my sand queen?'

and then she will slap you

'I have a boyfriend, you creep!'

and then she'll kick you where the sun don't shine, and you'll fall to the ground and...

Edited by Turaga Loga, May 31 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#101 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 10:34 AM

Takua: Bend over

Maku: Oh please don't do it...

Takua: Grab some sand

Maku: Oh Mata Nui put that down!

Maku: Mata Nui why!?

Edited by Kuan, May 31 2014 - 10:35 AM.

card_newmat.png

#102 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 11:08 AM

Takua, you obviously can't remember anything, so... try and find some stairs on the opposite side of the beach. I sense knowledge is near...

#103 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 03:53 PM

Takua: EAT THE SAND!

comic29.gif

OM NOM NOM NOM

Takua: Detach your shadow, preferably while not yelling "Shadow Clone jutsu!!", and hope that your new clone won't get his head stuck in the sand quite so often.

comic30.png

Done. Now your shadow is (probably) permanently detached from your body.

He doesn't talk much.

You think his name is Aukat.

He's pretty cool, you guess.

What will you do?

Sisen said:

#104 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 04:10 PM

Takua: Offer your new friend some sand.

Aukat: Eat the sand.

card_newmat.png

#105 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,382 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 06:48 PM

Wait what? what is this?! What?! I don't even!? This is amazing! 

I love this kind of stuff!

Takua: Refer your shadow to the abyss that is the horizon. 

EDIT: I totally forgot to tell you! I love how you've made each panel. And your GIFs are so good! Are you making them strictly from GIMP?

Edited by Calvirick, Jun 18 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#106 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 09:02 PM

Takua should focus on his last 13 minutes of his life, his 13 minutes of memories, and look out on the ocean and ponder...

what is that large green floating object and blue me-sized thing?

#107 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2014 - 08:46 AM

Just want to say congratulations! Your series is on the main page!

signature.jpg

| Tahukan's Comics Mark II |

I love Tea.

#108 Offline Toa Brian Nuva

Toa Brian Nuva
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21 posts

Posted Jun 22 2014 - 07:40 PM

Takua: walk up to the floating green thing and get in.(its in the water to the left)

Maku: be confused.

Chaos will prevail... eventually...

#109 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 457 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 12:01 AM

Aukat: Make a clever reference.

Takua: Deny your shadow's existence.

Aukat: Attempt to kill Takua.

Morally unambiguous.

#110 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 07:20 AM

Aukat and Takua: Do a dance!

ps817.gif

card_newmat.png

#111 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 06:12 PM

Oh my goodness this is awesome. I'm going to have to read it posthaste.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#112 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 457 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 01:36 AM

If there is to be dancing, I demand it be something like this

hazama-smooth-criminal-o.gif

Morally unambiguous.

#113 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 06:04 AM

veefrontpagereaction1.gif

...Huh. Another one of my comics seems to have made it on the front page.

...WAIT

veefrontpagereaction2.gif

I'M ON THE FRONT PAGE AGAIN WHO WHAT NOW HOW IS THIS EVEN

I'D LIKE TO THANK - *shot*

-----

Takua: Offer your new friend some sand.

comic31.png

You try to feed your friend the fantastic sedimentary delicacy that is sand.

However, Aukat is a shadow, meaning he is (inconsistently) intangible.

Aukat cannot eat the sand.

This saddens you greatly.

Aukat and Takua: Do a dance!

comic32.gif

HOWEVER, YOU ARE NO LONGER SADDENED AS YOU NOW BOTH ENGAGE IN A MERRY JIG.

THE MERRIEST OF JIGS!

What will you do?

-----

Goodness gracious, front page again! I'm surprised I've done this well at all. Thank you, everyone, for supporting this comic. Thank you, especially, Windrider, for always being willing to help out when questions or support relevant to the comics forums were required.

Also, sorry if the Vee images up there are a bit big! I may have accidentally miscalculated the sizes necessary. If it really is a problem, I can go through the hassle of resizing them, but, if it's okay, I'd rather them stay as is. I'm fine with changing them if I have to, though.

QUESTION TIME!

EDIT: I totally forgot to tell you! I love how you've made each panel. And your GIFs are so good! Are you making them strictly from GIMP?

Yes. All of my comics are made entirely in GIMP, including the .GIF panels. I used to use Microsoft GIF Animator, but it had horrendous quality and was very bare-bones, restricting me - especially in quality.

If there is to be dancing, I demand it be something like this

hazama-smooth-criminal-o.gif

Unfortunately, by the time I saw this I had already finished the dancing panel. I hope the merry jig will suffice!

Edited by Leraku, Jun 26 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Sisen said:

#114 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,994 posts

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 07:42 PM

I skimmed through the story, and I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I'm interested in seeing what happens next. 

And as for commands...:

Takua: Challenge Aukat to a race. 

Aukat: Wonder what happens to yourself when there is no light around you.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#115 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 457 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 02:31 AM

Aukat: Find Maku and reveal Takua's innermost thoughts to her

Morally unambiguous.

#116 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,382 posts

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 11:07 AM

Takua: Embrace Aukat's intangibility by attempting to hold hands and follow the footsteps. 

Aukat: Don't hold hands. 

#117 Offline Quisoves Pugnat

Quisoves Pugnat
  • Members
  • Toa

• 130 posts

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 05:28 PM

This looks interesting. Thanks for doing this, Leraku.

Takua: Backtrack to the canister, enter it, seal it, and activate it.

Aukat: Continue following the footprints.

Maku: Sail to Po-Wahi.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat, Jun 26 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#118 Offline Toa Brian Nuva

Toa Brian Nuva
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21 posts

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 12:40 PM

Takua: use you power of breaking the fourth wall to travel elsewhere.

Aukat: notice your name is Takua spelled backwards.

Maku: walk down the beach.

Chaos will prevail... eventually...

#119 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 892 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 01:06 PM

Vee: Advance the plot.

card_newmat.png

#120 Offline Five O'Clock P~M

Five O'Clock P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 11:27 PM

TAKUA: Get ye flask.

AUKAT: Attempt to flirt with the strange female impatiently tapping her foot nearby.

I really like what you're doing with this, even if it takes you a while for each segment; true art takes time!

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!

3DS FC:   5412 - 9945 - 2378

steam_sig.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users