Favorite BIONICLE Song?

ToaJaller77

Probably "Creeping In My Soul" or "Closer to the Truth". Both have powerful imagery that really ties in with the BIONICLE sets they are promoting, and the lyrics and melody still come to mind on occasion even when I'm not thinking of anything that would explicitly remind me of them.

As far as instrumental songs are concerned, there aren't any that are nearly as memorable for me. One of the most memorable has got to be the theme of the Chronicler's Company from Mata Nui Online Game. And the ones that I think are best in terms of fitting the general spirit of BIONICLE is "The BIONICLE Music" from the Power Pack. The combination of mechanical/electronic sounds and chanting tells you in an instant that the music belongs to BIONICLE's tribal science-fantasy setting, a feeling that was absent from the music of the BIONICLE movies (most of which could have just as easily belonged to any epic adventure series in any setting).

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Depends on how you define "song". My favorite vocal song is probably the original Gravity Hurts or Face Me. My favorite no-vocals song is pretty much all the music in MNOG.

^

Vocal Gravity Hurts all the way,

Non-Vocal, Vakama's Talk without a doubt.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Unfortunately I have no idea what the name of my favorite BIONICLE song is. It's an instrumental piece that's played, I believe, during the Le-Koro sequences of the Mata Nui online game. But that's about as specific as I can get. Don't ask me to write out the notes either because I'm musically illiterate.

To make up for that vague response, I'll also say that Creeping In My Soul is another song I always enjoyed.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Well, for a song with vocals I might choose either Gravity Hurts or Caught up in a dream, but in terms of instrumentals my choice is probably the soundtrack composed by Nathan Furst for the movie trilogy.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Unfortunately I have no idea what the name of my favorite BIONICLE song is. It's an instrumental piece that's played, I believe, during the Le-Koro sequences of the Mata Nui online game. But that's about as specific as I can get. Don't ask me to write out the notes either because I'm musically illiterate.

To make up for that vague response, I'll also say that Creeping In My Soul is another song I always enjoyed.

The Le-Koro band or maybe a Walk in the Jungle?

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Instrumental Version of Bye Bye Babylon. I'm not a big fan of any of the "song-songs" of Bionicle, as they tend to be negative. BBB had kick-tail lyrics, but it went a little overboard. Most "touching" lyrics: Closer to the Truth.

As for themes, the MoL trailer theme is still a favorite of mine.

Instrumental Version of Bye Bye Babylon. I'm not a big fan of any of the "song-songs" of Bionicle, as they tend to be negative. BBB had kick-tail lyrics, but it went a little overboard. Most "touching" lyrics: Closer to the Truth.

What about Gravity Hurts? It has some of the most uplifting lyrics of any of the BIONICLE songs, I think. Even Closer to the Truth, while touching and emotional, is more eerie than anything, what with its chorus:

Loneliness

Eating me inside

It's burning me alive

I'm traveling in my mind

And flying through a thousand lonely souls that cry

In swamps of evil lies

We're closer to the truth

Take me home

Sends shivers up my spine, honestly. The main verses are just as foreboding. It's hardly what I'd call "positive", unless you meant that in a very different sense than I'm thinking.

What about Gravity Hurts? It has some of the most uplifting lyrics of any of the BIONICLE songs, I think. Even Closer to the Truth, while touching and emotional, is more eerie than anything, what with its chorus:

Loneliness

Eating me inside

It's burning me alive

I'm traveling in my mind

In swamps of evil lies

Take me home

Sends shivers up my spine, honestly. The main verses are just as foreboding. It's hardly what I'd call "positive", unless you meant that in a very different sense than I'm thinking.

:dazed:

Edited by ToaJaller77

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

Loneliness

Eating me inside

It's burning me alive

I'm traveling in my mind

In swamps of evil lies

Take me home

That post would probably be better worded like this:

Instrumental Version of Bye Bye Babylon. I'm not a big fan of any of the "song-songs" of Bionicle, as they tend to be negative. BBB had kick-tail lyrics, but it went a little overboard.

Most "touching" lyrics: Closer to the Truth.

In other words, my statement about touchingness is unrelated to my statement about negativity. Closer to the Truth is unquestioningly negative.

I think the negative part of Gravity Hurts is the title. It almost doesn't fit the rest of the song.

For freedom we rise,

Take a stand, hold the land...

Team up together we fly, fly,

Gravity hurts.

I'll grant you, the first part is positive, but the ending title drop of this stanza destroys the positive feel.

Going back to the beginning of the song:

Tension is rising,

Gravity hurts

Everything is falling apart.

Choosing the right side, choosing the free, choosing is what we must do.

Everyone's counting on you.

This part is negative, especially the first three lines. The fourth line evokes military imagery which helps to combat the negativity, but the resulting military image is of a chaotic and bloody and uncertain battle. The last line rings in a positive note to such a hopeless situation, but it's still pretty bad. It's similar to "Hero" by A.I.K, another Bionicle song, in which bad things happen and the "hero" is called to save the day. Not so different. (And there's nothing wrong with that kind of song. This topic asked for a favorite, so I listed favorites.)

It also doesn't help that I don't like the instrumental track for this song very much. Sadly, it's a rare day when I like both the instrumental track and the lyrics of a song anymore. (This is probably just me being weird though.)

Loneliness

Eating me inside

It's burning me alive

I'm traveling in my mind

In swamps of evil lies

Take me home

That post would probably be better worded like this:

Instrumental Version of Bye Bye Babylon. I'm not a big fan of any of the "song-songs" of Bionicle, as they tend to be negative. BBB had kick-tail lyrics, but it went a little overboard.

Most "touching" lyrics: Closer to the Truth.

In other words, my statement about touchingness is unrelated to my statement about negativity. Closer to the Truth is unquestioningly negative.

I think the negative part of Gravity Hurts is the title. It almost doesn't fit the rest of the song.

For freedom we rise,

Take a stand, hold the land...

Team up together we fly, fly,

Gravity hurts.

I'll grant you, the first part is positive, but the ending title drop of this stanza destroys the positive feel.

Going back to the beginning of the song:

Tension is rising,

Gravity hurts

Everything is falling apart.

Choosing the right side, choosing the free, choosing is what we must do.

Everyone's counting on you.

This part is negative, especially the first three lines. The fourth line evokes military imagery which helps to combat the negativity, but the resulting military image is of a chaotic and bloody and uncertain battle. The last line rings in a positive note to such a hopeless situation, but it's still pretty bad. It's similar to "Hero" by A.I.K, another Bionicle song, in which bad things happen and the "hero" is called to save the day. Not so different. (And there's nothing wrong with that kind of song. This topic asked for a favorite, so I listed favorites.)

It also doesn't help that I don't like the instrumental track for this song very much. Sadly, it's a rare day when I like both the instrumental track and the lyrics of a song anymore. (This is probably just me being weird though.)

I think you might be misinterpreting the title in the case of "Gravity Hurts". It sort of sounds like it's referring to a painful fall, but really I think a better interpretation (consistent with the overarching mood and message of the song) is that it's painful to have something holding you down. Gravity, in this sense, is something to be resisted.

You seem to have misheard some of the lyrics, though that doesn't necessarily play a role in your interpretation.

Tension is rising

Gravity hurts

Everything's falling apart

Choosing the right side

Choosing our faith

Choosing is what we must do

Everyone's counting on you

For freedom we rise

Learn to fly

Reach the sky

Legend will carry you

...thousands of miles

Take a stand

Hold the land

Make sure that everyone's

...ready to win

Find the speed

All you need

Team up for battle

We fly, fly...

We fly

Gravity hurts

Creatures keep coming

Reaching within

Stealthy they climb from the dark

Yeah yeah

Searching for wisdom

Searching for truth

Show us the things you can do

Maybe it's all up to you

Yeah yeah

(chorus repeats three times)

I agree that battle is a defining motif in the song, but for me I don't get that bloody imagery from it. Rather, it presents a glorified image of battle in terms of values like protecting the things you stand for and standing together with people who share those values. Considering that the song also tries to evoke images of flight, the imagery I get from it is closer to aerial combat (dogfights, etc.) than to more gruesome military activity like trench warfare. More "fiery" than "bloody", and hardly even that — the same sort of imagery in the Nui-Rama battle in Mata Nui Online Game (which used a remix the classic "flight of the valkyries" as its background music).

• 4 weeks later...

The Le-Koro band or maybe a Walk in the Jungle?

Neither of those, actually. But the name "Walk in the Jungle" led me to the piece called "Mines of Onu-Koro" which is, in fact, the piece in question. :D

Onu Koro/Le Koro... same difference. :P

BZPRPG

Any of the ones with the Mahri or Barraki. Both had a great feel. Also any MNOLG

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Creeping In My Soul and Gravity Hurts as far as vocal goes. For instrumental, I haven't heard all the songs, but honestly out of the ones I have heard, I seriously can't choose. It still blows me away how awesome the music for Bionicle was.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

• 2 weeks later...

HERO by the All Insane Kids (and brobably Cyroshell's Creeping In My Soul)

Favorite Film of All Time: Fight Club

Favorite Television Show of all Time: The X-Files

Favorite LEGO Franchise of all Time: BIONICLE

Favorite BIONICLE year of all time: 2006

76561198042260869.png

Tough one. I honestly like most if them. Both by A.I.K and Chryoshell. I did like Hero though as it summed up the metru arc very well. Face Me while it being an amazing song, didn't really feel like I Bionicle song. I guess a lot of chryoshell songs didn't and I think it's because they want to make it as a stand alone band.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

For me, it's Creeping in My Soul, no question. The rhythm and lyrics of that song evoke Mahri Nui no matter where I am when I hear it.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought "Hero" was cool, but I think I like "Move Along" better because it's probably the only Bionicle song that non-Bionicle fans actually know and like, so I can sing it with all my non-Bionicle fan friends!

also, "Creeping in my Soul" was just plain awesome.

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the songs, from the official Cryoshell ones to the ones used in commercials, like 'Move Along' and especially Chris Daughtry's 'Crash'. I'm gonna have to go with Bye Bye Babylon, as it was the most upbeat and it just gets me really pumped up, and it might be because it's been the only Bionicle song on my music player for a few years by accident/laziness and it's really grown on me.

When I was younger, I think Hero and Caught Up in a Dream were my favorites, 'cause they were like the first songs used for Bionicle as far as I remember and I thought the lyrics were really really cool. Hero was kinda inspiring to me too, it sounded like a challenge to me I guess.

"Do you have what it takes to be a hero?"

"I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO FIND OUT, VOICE SCREAMING INTO MY EARHOLES"

Creeping in my Soul always gave me the chills, it was too spooky for me but I loved it too.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .