Favorite BIONICLE Song?

ToaJaller77

Vocal-wise? I've been obsessed with every song since Hero, but the term favorite seems to draw closest to Gravity Hurts.

Instrumental? I love the whole MNOG soundtrack, but my mind drifts to the Gukko Force "battle" track in particular.

sig8.png

I like all of the songs, but it's definitely a tie between "Hero" and "Gravity Hurts" for me.

:k::m_d:

turahk-1.png

"I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones.

But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole.

And the darkness cannot stand before me." -Kopaka

Probably "Creeping In My Soul" or "Closer to the Truth". Both have powerful imagery that really ties in with the BIONICLE sets they are promoting, and the lyrics and melody still come to mind on occasion even when I'm not thinking of anything that would explicitly remind me of them.

As far as instrumental songs are concerned, there aren't any that are nearly as memorable for me. One of the most memorable has got to be the theme of the Chronicler's Company from Mata Nui Online Game. And the ones that I think are best in terms of fitting the general spirit of BIONICLE is "The BIONICLE Music" from the Power Pack. The combination of mechanical/electronic sounds and chanting tells you in an instant that the music belongs to BIONICLE's tribal science-fantasy setting, a feeling that was absent from the music of the BIONICLE movies (most of which could have just as easily belonged to any epic adventure series in any setting).

I never listened to the vocals from the later years, but the one that always stuck in my mind was "The Bionicle Music". Even after I abandoned Bionicle for my high school years (I'm about to try to return to University now, coming back to the fold), I would still find myself humming the tune from the battle with Makuta. Like the quote above says, it fit seamlessly with the theming. That's what drew me into Bionicle in the first place. The music captured me quite easily and nothing else has since.

• Upvote 1

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

• 2 weeks later...

The first Bionicle song I ever heard was "Move Along" by All-American Rejects, but 2008 was when I first got into the story. I absolutely loved the theme song for the Phantoka, so I'm gonna have to say Gravity Hurts. The original version, mind you.

Definitely, hands-down, without a doubt, Crashed by Daughtry. Man, that Mahri mini-movie was awesome.

A close second would be Gravity Hurts.

*INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE* chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(Credit to Click for the Bionicle 2015 spinnie!)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 1 month later...

That song that plays when you beat Le-Koro in MNOLG. I'm also in love with Cryoshell's remake of Gravity Hurts, The Bionicle Music and the ending tracks of both MNOLG and the bohrok animations. Caught in a Dream is also pretty darn good. So is Bye Bye Babylon. It's hard to pick a favorite.

banner1.png

Hero, Creeping in my Soul and, if it counts, Move Along.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

• 7 months later...

Vocal Wise: Its a bit of a tough decision, though the three I most enjoyed listening to were Ride by Presence, Hero, and Closer to the Truth

Instrumental wise: a lot of the tracks used in the first three movies were incredibly well done and captured the overall tone for each movie, though my favorites would have to be Night flight (WoS), the time theme (LoMN), and the Matoran song (MoL)

From MNOG, I loved chroniclers company and Plague in Po-Koro is perhaps the best of the Koro themes since it just screams desert.

Vocal Wise: Its a bit of a tough decision, though the three I most enjoyed listening to were Ride by Presence, Hero, and Closer to the Truth

Instrumental wise: a lot of the tracks used in the first three movies were incredibly well done and captured the overall tone for each movie, though my favorites would have to be Night flight (WoS), the time theme (LoMN), and the Matoran song (MoL)

From MNOG, I loved chroniclers company and Plague in Po-Koro is perhaps the best of the Koro themes since it just screams desert.

Please don't bump up a topic that hasn't had a post in over 60 days!

Revived topic closed.

• Upvote 1