Set Review: 70800 Getaway Glider

70800_Getaway_Glider_Review_teaser.jpg

LEGO has kindly sent BZPower a whole bunch of sets from the upcoming LEGO Movie, which premiers on February 7th. Of course, when given new sets, we're going to review them. Today I take a look at 70800 Getaway Glider, the smallest set in the line. Read on to see my thoughts and to check out our video review of the set.

View the full article

I can't say I'm overall a huge fan of this particular theme, but I'll definitely have to pick this one up since it's the probably the closest we'll get to a non-licensed western set (do these count as being non licensed? I really have no idea). It's just too bad it comes with the older revolver mold instead of the newer one.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I like the horse and the cactus, but that probably won't be enough for me to pick this up. (Is that the first Lego cactus BTW?)

Not quite. There was at least one in 7594 Woody's Roundup, also brickbuilt like this one, and not much more impressive.

The old Wild West theme also used the seaweed piece from Divers for cacti. It worked... okay.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I like the horse and the cactus, but that probably won't be enough for me to pick this up. (Is that the first Lego cactus BTW?)

Not quite. There was at least one in 7594 Woody's Roundup, also brickbuilt like this one, and not much more impressive.

The old Wild West theme also used the seaweed piece from Divers for cacti. It worked... okay.

Are you referring to the green bush pieces like the one in this set? I don't think those are supposed to represent cacti, just general desert vegetation like what's littered around in this picture. Not that it really makes much of a difference.

BZPRPG

Are you referring to the green bush pieces like the one in this set? I don't think those are supposed to represent cacti, just general desert vegetation like what's littered around in this picture. Not that it really makes much of a difference.

No, I was referring to this element, which on further review was not in fact ever used in a western theme. Perhaps it was used as scenery in a Mania Magazine feature or something, or perhaps my memory was just completely off. I'm not sure anymore.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother