Set Review: 70805 Trash Chomper

Gordon Zola

Chomp chomp chomp! That's the sound of the Trash Chomper from The LEGO Movie coming to gobble you up - or save the day, depending on how you play with your toys. This mean, green machine is the subject of today's set review by ChocolateFrogs. Evil beware, for these garbage men will have none of your trash! Read on to find out just what this 2-in-1 set has to offer.

View the full article

Thank you for this review. I am very happy to see that the trash compactor can be made into a dumpster truck. I'm hoping this will be the case with the ice cream truck. I really like the one featured in the trailers, but I don't want some kind of mutant action truck, I only want a regular ice cream truck for my City. Please review the ice cream truck next and assuage my fears.

Verily, I say unto you, these words which you will never find on a Lego box: "No Assembly Required".

Play well, friends.

You know, I've been looking at all the "2 in 1" builds and I have to ask... am I the only one who prefers the "secondary models" to the "primary models"? I mean, I guess chomping garbage trucks and flying plumbing planes are kind of cute, but the alternate models are all really nicely constructed and can add a lot to one's city sets. It's like the alternate models are the 'real' model, and the advertised models are the really bad alternates you used to see on the back of older boxes. Which I guess might be the whole point of these, I don't know.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Thank you for this review. I am very happy to see that the trash compactor can be made into a dumpster truck. I'm hoping this will be the case with the ice cream truck. I really like the one featured in the trailers, but I don't want some kind of mutant action truck, I only want a regular ice cream truck for my City. Please review the ice cream truck next and assuage my fears.

There are multiple reviews of that set already up on other sets, not to mention the official box image which confirms it includes parts and instructions for building either model. The same applies for 70806 Castle Cavalry (rebuilds into a castle gate) and 70811 The Flying Flusher (rebuilds into a plumber's van), but sadly not 70800 Getaway Glider, 70812 Creative Ambush, or 70813 Rescue Reinforcements. Those three only include instructions for the modified versions of the vehicles.

I love these LEGO Movie improvised battle machines! They're a remarkably novel concept, and having them as 2-in-1 builds exemplifies The LEGO Movie's values of imagination and free building! This one's proportions are a bit wonky in flying machine mode, but it's still an awesome design.