RPG Forum Contest 30

Black Six

You're welcome to back it yourself. Personally, for me there's just too little Bionicle left in it for a Bionicle RPG.

Bionicle RPGs on the Bionicle RPG forum? Hahaha.

I've got a semi-solid character concept peculating in my brain for GoMN, which is obviously an assumed winner and just too legendary of an RPG to miss out on. Any other winners, though, will have to wait until the fate of Condemned is decided, and by extension, the large chunk of my free RPing time that would hinge on it.

I'm going to point out the obvious - your RPG name choice has condemned you to a long line of future puns from yours truly if it wins, and a short but painful spurt of them if it loses.

So, if any of you guys are like me, can I reasonably suspect that you've already started working on some characters for the RPGs?

Spirits completed; Gangs of Metru-Nui completed, for now (I would love to add more, but I doubt I have time... grr); Legend halfway completed; Condemned not yet started as text, though the two profiles are complete in my mind. Nothing done for any others.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

It's kind of depressing that OTC RPGs are often more spry and active than Contest RPGs.

As much as I'd like this to be the case, it's really not, like TPtI said. Also: how is that depressing?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

When I first joined, the Contest RPGs were almost as strong as the BZPRPG currently is. Often 3/4 seasons, hundred-plus page RP topics and even longer discussion topics. The last contest RPG to hit a hundred pages was Techna two years ago. As of now, the RPG contest has hit a rough spot. Be due to a myraid of factors. Having joined BZP (After a while of lurking) to join a contest RPG, I'm rather sad at the state its in, though I do have hope it can be revived.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Here's hoping, yeah. An additional month in which to develop plot might spark things a bit, as would a bit more GM participation on all counts. Most of the Contest RPGs that I've seen seemed to slow down and strangle mostly because the guy(s) running them were shackled by Real Life... and of course, that most recent database hack kinda threw a wrench in the works.

But maybe Gangs of Metru Nui, in particular, will help revive some playerbase spirit again. Nothing like a bit of old-timer nostalgia, combined with a bit of new blood and a reliable team of active GMs, to keep things rolling. :D

It's been a long, long time since I've played any RPGs on this forum, but you can bet I'm excited for GoMN and TLotTI.

Edited by Xingjio

powhbanner2.png

I thought of a costume for you: Sisen Smith

You cant just carry around a real katana you dolt

You don't have to, just have some random redhead follow you around with a lighter

To those asking about the city council representatives, the joke here is more my not knowing. A curious thing what facts the mind can retain. Those moments where you can cite the collective texts of Michael Kirkbride, but stare at a question on a test in class and think, "Yes, using the quantum vector of the seismic quadratic axis to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow... hehehe, wish I could remember that one."

English class gets really weird in your junior year...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well, congrats to all the winners! While I'm understandably disappointed that my entry didn't make the final cut, I am absolutely elated that it did as well as it did... not bad for a first attempt, eh?

And also, I'm a little relieved that I'm not, y'know, condemned to running an RPG for the next four months. :P

I'll be gone for the weekend, so won't be among the first players to sign on, but I will be back. And you will know it.

This is gonna be awesome.